MI MI - Jane Steinhebel, 21, Detroit, 23 May 1972

Ok he emailed me a scan of the article. If it was a random killing/robbery, then I'm crushed--the only evidence they probably would have might not even still be around. But in a split second, a robber runs up to the car, shoots her three times and takes the purse before anyone gets there?

I have some questions that I can't really answer myself. SS Cyril and Methodius is where she was married. SS Cyril and Methodius is also a school, but it is also called St. Cyril...What does the SS refer to? I know this may sound stupid, but I have no background information on this area. And if SS Cyril and Methodius is a church, why was her funeral at Our Lady Queen of Heaven? Wouldn't it be at the church she/her family attended regularly, which I assumed would be SS Cyril and Methodius?

I have some questions that I can't really answer myself. SS Cyril and Methodius is where she was married. SS Cyril and Methodius is also a school, but it is also called St. Cyril...What does the SS refer to? I know this may sound stupid, but I have no background information on this area. And if SS Cyril and Methodius is a church, why was her funeral at Our Lady Queen of Heaven? Wouldn't it be at the church she/her family attended regularly, which I assumed would be SS Cyril and Methodius?

I believe the ss means Saints Cyril and Methodius.

I just received an email from a former classmate of hers. She said that Jane's relatives came to a reunion to thank her for her website with the yearbook picture, and that her son didn't remember his mother but was happy to see the picture. So this obviously confirms she did have a child, though I don't know his name. I emailed her back, asking if she remembered, so hopefully I can get in contact with him.

Oh good. Hopefully that will give you some more information. It sounds like there are people out there who care!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back