TX - Miriah, 14, & Carissa, 11, Watauga, 1 Jan 2010

capoly

Reaction score
The girls were last seen sitting on the sofa watching t.v. just after new years. (12:20)a.m. on the 1st.
A missing persons report has been made with the Watauga Police dept.

http://www.wfaa.com/younews/80547042.html

Sorry for lack of details...no other news reports could be found.

Odd that they didn't even include the last name(s) of the girls. They do have unique first name spellings. I found this via Google. Not sure if this is their dad's obit, but what a coincidence if it's not:

http://wish.tributes.com/show/85448802

Wonder when the Amber alert will be coming out? The original article at wfaa only says that a missing persons report was filed with the Watauga PD.

Praying for their safe return. :(

I'm praying this is a hoax, as I can't find any other info at all on these 2 missing girls...

Odd that they didn't even include the last name(s) of the girls. They do have unique first name spellings. I found this via Google. Not sure if this is their dad's obit, but what a coincidence if it's not:

Wonder when the Amber alert will be coming out? The original article at wfaa only says that a missing persons report was filed with the Watauga PD.

Well, if that actually is the right miriah is gets even more interesting...

http://miriah-melendez-1.katrina.aidpage.com/

I'm praying this is a hoax, as I can't find any other info at all on these 2 missing girls...

nor can I and they don't live far from me. BTW, that was a 'you report'. Great catch on the tribute, it appears to be the girls' uncle, from what i can discern.

It certainly does look the obituary of their father.

The last names are included in the obituary.

Yes - it appears Miriah was missing for a short time following Hurricane Katrina...

http://eyesonkatrina.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-ok-line.html

i've located 4 family members in jackson ms. still searching for 4 others. 2 brothers: JM and JK, a neice and nephew
Miriah Melendez and BJ.
# posted by Anonymous lisa at limae39@*****.com : 7:41 PM

Of note, limae39 is the user who posted the younews story on wfaa.com about the girls missing.

What I want to know is this... if these girls have been missing since just after midnight on the 1st, why isn't there more info out there?? :( Sounds like the girls have been living/staying with their aunt.

I've also found a myspace page for Miriah, but thankfully it's private (as it should be for someone her age!).

You are all incredible......knew a lack of information would not be a deterrent.

Watauga Police/Fire are NOT aware of these girls missing. I called them.

From the link you provided, dream, I found this info on the WPD site regarding the Amber Alert System:

How Do Amber Alerts Work?

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the recommended criteria set forth by the U.S. Department of Justice for activating an alert. Each of the following criteria must be met before an Amber Alert to be activated

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred

• The abduction is a child age 17 years or younger, or with a proven mental
or physical disability

• The law enforcement agency believes that child is in danger of serious
bodily injury or death

If these criteria are met, alert information must be put together for public distribution. This information may include descriptions and photos of the missing child, the suspected abductor, and a suspected vehicle along with any other information deemed valuable to identifying the child and suspect.
*snipped*

So - if this is a verified missing/endangered child(ren) case - they will most likely be posting an Amber Alert at some point.

Wonder when the family submitted the missing persons report to the WPD? I guess I'll wait to see if this can be verified before getting in too deep.

Watauga Police/Fire are NOT aware of these girls missing. I called them.

I am so glad you did this.
What did they have to say?
The person said that this had been reported to the police.

I did not get a response to my email to Police Chief yet, but then I didn't expect one until Mon. morning.
I did ask if the girls were entered into NCMEC and Texas missing persons clearinghouse.

I just emailed wfaa.com and asked about this story.

Could this be some kind of hoax?
Last seen at 12;20am on the couch is kind of an odd statement.
??

Well if her name is lisa and the children live with the aunt then it seems to fit, since many of the comments on the tribute were from a lisa melendez leclerc

Additionally comments were left by an alexos carissa johnston who must be the cousin

So it looks like your first find was pretty on-point coopzoo!

Aunt has a myspace apparently

http://www.myspace.com/limae39

additionally the limae39 email was used in the katrina search so it appears somewhat legit

I am so glad you did this.
What did they have to say?
The person said that this had been reported to the police.

I did not get a response to my email to Police Chief yet, but then I didn't expect one until Mon. morning.
I did ask if the girls were entered into NCMEC and Texas missing persons clearinghouse.

I just emailed wfaa.com and asked about this story.

Could this be some kind of hoax?
Last seen at 12;20am on the couch is kind of an odd statement.
??

It must be, because i talked to dispatch and he even checked with officials. Trust me, if 2 girls were missing in the DFW area, we would have heard about it immediately, with or without an Amber Alert. As we all know, the Amber Alert started from Amber Hagerman from Arlington, Tx ( same DFW area ).

Well if her name is lisa and the children live with the aunt then it seems to fit, since many of the comments on the tribute were from a lisa melendez leclerc

Additionally comments were left by an alexos carissa johnston who must be the cousin

So it looks like your first find was pretty on-point coopzoo!

Aunt has a myspace apparently

http://www.myspace.com/limae39

additionally the limae39 email was used in the katrina search so it appears somewhat legit

Are you serious? That is the name of the 'you report'er saying they were missing! This is getting weirder & weirder.

It must be, because i talked to dispatch and he even checked with officials. Trust me, if 2 girls were missing in the DFW area, we would have heard about it immediately, with or without an Amber Alert. As we all know, the Amber Alert started from Amber Hagerman from Arlington, Tx ( same DFW area ).

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS. You're amazing for doing this legwork! :angel:

And they will be holding a candlelight vigil where Amber was abducted.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/donnanorrisacss
Donna Norris What: Candlelight Vigil in Memory of Amber Hagerman
When: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Where: Site of Amber's Abduction. Winn Dixie Parking Lot on the Corner of E Abram St. and Browning Dr. Arlington, Texas

Donna Norris, mother of Amber Hagerman, will hold a candlelight vigil on Wednesday January 13, 2010 at 6:......00 PM, at the site where her daughter was abducted in 1996.

The vigil is being held on the 14th anniversary of the abduction to shine light on Amber's story and bring the abductor to justice.
Vigil keepers are asked to bring their own candles.

"My sweet Amber - What a beautiful difference one single life has made. Fourteen years have passed since that monster took my baby and it is time for justice. I truly believe that this is the year it will finally happen." states Donna Norris

In 1996, Amber Hagerman was kidnapped and murdered and now her death is remembered nationwide through the Amber Alert program. Amber's image became so widely known during the investiga...See More

Candlelight Vigil in Memory of Amber Hagerman
Location:Site of Amber's Abduction. Winn Dixie Parking Lot on the Corner of E Abram St. and Browning Dr. Arlington, Texas
Time:6:00PM Wednesday, January 13th

Are you serious? That is the name of the 'you report'er saying they were missing! This is getting weirder & weirder.

Yeah, that's why I started thinking *maybe* there was some truth to the story, even though there's not much info out there. Definitely weird.

Thats exactly what i'm thinking? I mean it looks like that is the only video the user posted so i guess they could have used a name that would look like the aunts email, myspace id etc but why? Something isn't right here

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back