VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shutterfly

Reaction score
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-missing-women011510,0,2397138.story

Chesterfield County Police are attempting to locate a Kelly Catalano who was last seen walking away from her work place in the 16000 block of Innovation drive at approximately 10:00am today.

Ms. Catalano is described as a forty year old white female 5'9", 145 pounds, with brown hair, and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing work boots, blue jeans, and a blue work shirt. Anyone having contact with Ms. Catalano is asked contact the Chesterfield County Police.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11833338

The disappearance of 40-year-old Kelly Catalano has Chesterfield County Police baffled.

Catalano told fellow employees at Blue Print Automation that she was going out for a walk by the river behind her workplace around 10:30 Friday morning. She has not been seen or heard from since.

"We don't have anything that point towards foul play but to be quite honest with you we don't know why she's gone or where she may be. We have no clue what so ever," says Lt. Matt Botset with the Chesterfield County Police Department.

Lt. Botset says the search for Catalano, who is single and lives in Chester, picked up Friday afternoon.

"The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries is in the water with a boat searching the shoreline for her. We've had canine officers in the woods looking, we had our plane up in the air searching the area."

Police also say she had her car keys and a cell phone with her when she left. Since her disappearance, her Pontiac G8 has been towed from her employer's parking lot for use as potential evidence. Officials are also working with Verizon to track any incoming or outgoing calls on her phone.

In the meantime, Police are asking the community to be on the lookout for Catalano.

Kelly is a 40-year-old white female. She has long brown hair, is about 5'7 and around 140 pounds. She is fairly athletic and co-workers say that she is a runner.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call Crime Solvers at 748-0660.

She had the keys and phone with her? Was she on a work break? Why take those things? Was she going to drive out? Was this her usual break time and did she usually go drive or walk on her break? Prayers.

KellyCatalano.jpg

From Chesterfield. Lived there for 18 years... parents/sibling still there. Just letting you guys know up front.

From Chesterfield. Lived there for 18 years... parents/sibling still there. Just letting you guys know up front.

I "did" 35 years in 23834/23831 Miss LLLindsay....I guess that makes us ALMOST family!! My family is still there as well.

Here's a picture of Kelly folks....

I pulled it off of her MySpace for ya...

Kelly.jpg

i "did" 35 years in 23834/23831 miss lllindsay....i guess that makes us almost family!! My family is still there as well.

Here's a picture of kelly folks....

I pulled it off of her myspace for ya...

kelly.jpg

23838 :)

Kelly left at 10:30am, so I am thinking it is break time.
She takes her cell and car keys with her.

Maybe she was thinking she would go to her car and
make phone calls from there?
Or needed to get something out of the car
before taking her walk?

I am glad police are searching the river area behind her workplace.

Wow, she is a stunner. Blessings and prayers.

Kelly left at 10:30am, so I am thinking it is break time.
She takes her cell and car keys with her.

Maybe she was thinking she would go to her car and
make phone calls from there?
Or needed to get something out of the car
before taking her walk?

I am glad police are searching the river area behind her workplace.

Was this her normal routine to take a walk in this area during her break or lunch time?

Does the place where she works at have security cameras in the parking lot or around the building?

If her workplace has security cameras outside the building, it is possible that it could show if she went to her car, what direction she walked from the building, or if an unknown vehicle was in the vicinity around the time she took her walk.

so if there was seemingly no problem for kelly at the time she went on break at work and her car was left in the parking lot at her workplace...and her neighbor said that the doors to kelly's home were left open(does this mean unlocked or standing open?) when did this happen? at first it sounded like she may have fallen in the river, but not if her home was also involved...:confused: this does not sound good at all considering the neighbors report that kelly suspected someone of having had a key to her home...wonder if there is a coworker issue that hasnt surfaced yet? prayers for kelly...

so if there was seemingly no problem for kelly at the time she went on break at work and her car was left in the parking lot at her workplace...and her neighbor said that the doors to kelly's home were left open(does this mean unlocked or standing open?) when did this happen? at first it sounded like she may have fallen in the river, but not if her home was also involved...:confused: this does not sound good at all considering the neighbors report that kelly suspected someone of having had a key to her home...wonder if there is a coworker issue that hasnt surfaced yet? prayers for kelly...

I must have missed a news article, I don't remember about her neighbor saying the doors to her home were left open.

Of course, I have been on way too many threads this morning. !?

Kelly Catalano was last seen around 10:00 am Friday. Family members say her time card wasn't punched, her car was left in the parking lot at work, and her next door neighbor says things were far from normal at her Chester home.

Johnston says, "The front and back doors had both been left open and that's not like Kelly, she's always careful."

She adds, "I'm terrified for her, I love Kelly, but I am really frightened for her."

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-missing-women011510,0,2397138.story

Does her workplace use a card key id badge?

This is where you swipe your badge in a card key reader to enter the building of your workplace.

The card key reader would record the time you enter and leave the building. It could also have a security camera at the card key reader as well.

Did any of her coworkers leave the building during the same time?

Were there any visitors, vendors, or deliveries at the workplace during the same time?

Also, how far is it from where she worked at to the main drag?

I'm guessing that there are businesses such as fast food, gas stations, and stores along the main drag that could be checked.

I put Kelly's zipcode into VA's RSO database -- there's 43 in her zipcode, including 1 who lives 1 min. away (by car) w/ an attempted rape charge from 1995. :(

(zipcode based on address returned by google search-- so FWIW)

I hope they find her safe any minute now.....but sadly I just don't have a good feeling about this case....we've seen too many women who are so sweet, kind & smart, minding their own business, that have had their lives stolen from them by scumbags who should have not been out of prison to begin with (IMO).

I hope I'm wrong & Kelly is found safe any minute now!

Weird that her doors were left open. I wonder if someone she knew maybe bf or ex bf took her, and then went through her house.

This is not good. Here, from CBS 6 in Richmond:

Police spend Saturday searching the river bank and areas around the Blue Print Automation Plant off Innovation Drive while dive teams search the water, but at day's end, there are still no signs of 40-year-old Kelly Catalano.

Police searched her Chester home for clues, her neighbor says Catalano was a sweet woman and a great neighbor, but she did tell police of something strange Catalano told her recently.

M.J. [edited] says, "About a month or two ago, Kelly asked me if I had seen anybody around because she came home and felt things were out of place at her house."

She goes on to say, "Kelly didn't take a purse to work, she left her keys in her tool box and didn't know if one of her co-workers had copied her keys as a joke."

The neighbor added, "I'm terrified for her, I love Kelly, but I am really frightened for her."​

Not good. I apologize for being negative here, but I don't believe the end result will be good at all.

ETA: If I were Kelly's neighbor, I'd be particularly angry that my full name was published in a CBS 6 article considering there is a possible killer on the loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member