AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked Google maps, and Mexico is less than 200 miles from Tempe. If someone was going to take Gabriel to Mexico, why wouldn't EJ have headed straight south with the baby and maybe meet the couple in Tucson (about 100 miles away) or Nogales, AZ? I'm not disagreeing with you, more like thinking aloud, because I do think there is a possibility that they did head into Mexico. However, I also think that the reason that SA was chosen could be very significant, but I can't figure out why.

If someone already gave their thoughts I apologize, playing catch up still. I can think of one reason why the hand off was in San Antonio, it could be from where the couple was coming from in Mexico that San Antonio would have been the 1/2 way mark for both EJ and our mystery couple.

JMO

Melissa

That light would be in Balcones Heights. I'm trying to think of someplace in that area that would make a good "meeting" place. There are a few restraunts mostly businesses though.

Melissa

Hey at this point I would be happy just to find out if she travelled thru that light at about noonish on the 23rd....

Its hard for me to understand with so many traffic cams and so many businesses having cams she cant be tracked from her hotel during her lunch time meeting on the 23rd.....
It may be a lot of work for someone from LE to scour over tapes and its a long shot but thats why they are called that......
And Maybe LE knows and have her tracked on tape and are not telling......

If the "underground "has Gabriel I still dont see why they cant send a new time sensitive picture to Nancy Grace or someone......

I know they have the ability to do this and still keep the identify hidden.......

LE said that in the beginning the had strong "indicators" that Gabriel was alive. Now they are saying that those indicators aren't as strong. I wonder what they mean by indicators? They also said the tips aren't coming it like before. Could that be what they mean by indicators? I just want to hope so badly that he is still alive but it has been so long. If he was given to a couple they could be anywhere. If not, they don't even have a clue where to look.

LE said that in the beginning the had strong "indicators" that Gabriel was alive. Now they are saying that those indicators aren't as strong. I wonder what they mean by indicators? They also said the tips aren't coming it like before. Could that be what they mean by indicators? I just want to hope so badly that he is still alive but it has been so long. If he was given to a couple they could be anywhere. If not, they don't even have a clue where to look.

Hi DG ... I don't know what they mean by that either. However, I think they are afraid that even if just missing, the trail runs cold. There is hope though. Look at Jaycee Dugard (I know we don't want Gabriel missing that long or to go through anything like that, but it felt like a miracle she was found after being hidden 18 years). Also, I followed the Nicolas Francisco case quite a bit. Didn't post on it much, but that trail seemed to run cold and people didn't know whether he bolted or met with foul play. They found him though, he bolted and left a wife and 3 kids behind.

Neither of those are like Gabriel's case, but sometimes what seems like a miracle happens and a tip comes in that leads LE back on the trail. I hope they find something soon, but we have to be prepared for it to be much longer whether he is alive or not.

If someone has him, they have been pretty successful so far. I thought all along he might be dressed as a girl and LE came out today and said they thought he might be also. I also think someone could dye his hair. Think how different he would look - I hope they get some altered pictures out. His features will change quite a bit as time goes by, but luckily he has characteristic eyes. I hope Logan will contact Equisearch, I see someone put that on Gabriel's page. Also, maybe they have something up their sleeve they are not revealing. Maybe Elizabeth will start talking.

Hi DG ... I don't know what they mean by that either. However, I think they are afraid that even if just missing, the trail runs cold. There is hope though. Look at Jaycee Dugard (I know we don't want Gabriel missing that long or to go through anything like that, but it felt like a miracle she was found after being hidden 18 years). Also, I followed the Nicolas Francisco case quite a bit. Didn't post on it much, but that trail seemed to run cold and people didn't know whether he bolted or met with foul play. They found him though, he bolted and left a wife and 3 kids behind.

Neither of those are like Gabriel's case, but sometimes what seems like a miracle happens and a tip comes in that leads LE back on the trail. I hope they find something soon, but we have to be prepared for it to be much longer whether he is alive or not.

If someone has him, they have been pretty successful so far. I thought all along he might be dressed as a girl and LE came out today and said they thought he might be also. I also think someone could dye his hair. Think how different he would look - I hope they get some altered pictures out. His features will change quite a bit as time goes by, but luckily he has characteristic eyes. I hope Logan will contact Equisearch, I see someone put that on Gabriel's page. Also, maybe they have something up their sleeve they are not revealing. Maybe Elizabeth will start talking.

Sadly, the best bet would be if EJ would talk but she seemed to make it clear that she wasn't going to do that if there was nothing in it for her. Maybe if they hit her with murder charges? I don't know. She seems to hate LM enough to sit in jail for the rest of her life if she has to. Maybe a little while in general population might change her mind. At this point, you are right, it will take a miracle.

Sadly, the best bet would be if EJ would talk but she seemed to make it clear that she wasn't going to do that if there was nothing in it for her. Maybe if they hit her with murder charges? I don't know. She seems to hate LM enough to sit in jail for the rest of her life if she has to. Maybe a little while in general population might change her mind. At this point, you are right, it will take a miracle.

Well, I'm not sure what is going on with her as far as having something to do with hating Logan. Maybe with the charges coming up this week, it will sink in. I'm not so sure Gpa got an accurate story from her. Who knows right now.

I have not caught up in this thread -- just reading and wishing we had a defense lawyer on this thread :(

Do bio-moms really get 20 years for kidnapping their own babies?

Could her lawyers have already discussed the case with the prosecutor, or is that premature? I ask because it seems that it might be a move to try to get prosecutors to offer EJ something for revealing information that may lead to Gabriel -- is this a possibility? If she gives them info that leads to Gabriel, they promise her a lesser charge?

Could LE be leading the press to believe that the indicators are not as strong that Gabriel is alive and well hoping it will get back to EJ, or others who might now be involved in aid and abetting in more serious charges?

IDK thinking out loud after a long day is probably not a good idea --

Did Logan really just see these pics of Gabe for the first time at the same time as we did?

So many questions--

I still hold out hope for Gabriel -- LE flipflopped so quickly in the last couple of days -- from dual investigations to not as strong of indicators -- and on a holiday weekend -- seems strange to me

Back to reading

Good questions Prof ... especially about Logan just seeing these pictures and..

Could LE be leading the press to believe that the indicators are not as strong that Gabriel is alive and well hoping it will get back to EJ, or others who might now be involved in aid and abetting in more serious charges?

I wonder

Several attorneys about a week or so ago on NG did not think charges for just taking Gabriel, given he is alive, would really be too stiff. Could be good to rewatch that.

I have not caught up in this thread -- just reading and wishing we had a defense lawyer on this thread :(

Do bio-moms really get 20 years for kidnapping their own babies?

Could her lawyers have already discussed the case with the prosecutor, or is that premature? I ask because it seems that it might be a move to try to get prosecutors to offer EJ something for revealing information that may lead to Gabriel -- is this a possibility? If she gives them info that leads to Gabriel, they promise her a lesser charge?

IDK thinking out loud after a long day is probably not a good idea --

Did Logan really just see these pics of Gabe for the first time at the same time as we did?

So many questions--

I still hold out hope for Gabriel -- LE flipflopped so quickly in the last couple of days -- from dual investigations to not as strong of indicators -- and on a holiday weekend -- seems strange to me

Back to reading

Maybe all their leads dried up? I would think with computer forensics, cell phone records and pings, video surrveillence and people calling it that they have gone through all the steps they can take. Makes me worry too. She had to contact the adoptive parents somehow. Maybe a different cell phone no one knows about? Those are easy to get and discard. I just don't think she is so smart as to hide all her tracks. Like I said before, she got busted in FL pretty quick so she didn't know not to sign onto her My Space (I think that is how they got her). Maybe they are just at a dead end.

Keep your head above water and keep on swimming...

Sleep tight.

* TakeABiteOuttaCrime says to TS in the voice of Patrick Starfish on Spongebob Squarepants: * " Liar, Liar plants for hire! "

Horn is on the Today show live right now.

Says the indicators of Gabriel still being alive are not as strong as they were :(

Believes the latest pix were taken on the 26th. Very concerned, pictures confirm that. Concerned that he looks lethargic, whether the pix were taken in the morning.

Search of Smith's residence - cannot release the information about what we found, but clearly they remain POI in this case.

If you see anything, know anything, call SA Crimestoppers or The Lost. That's it for the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500