GUILTY TX - Billy Joe Harris for rapes of elderly women in 6 counties, 2011

I don't live in central Texas and am at least 7 hours away, but there was a rape of an 87 year old woman reported today in the online paper. Her purse was stolen. It sure sounds similar and they got a pic of the guy using her atm card. He's thin, looks about the right height, and seems to be a lighter complected young black male. I wonder if he could have moved here or have relatives here in Lubbock. I don't believe it's common at all for elderly women to be raped around here and can't remember ever hearing about one. Murders yes, but not home invasion rape with theft.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/012010/cri_552235007.shtml#mdw-comments

I don't live in central Texas and am at least 7 hours away, but there was a rape of an 87 year old woman reported today in the online paper. Her purse was stolen. It sure sounds similar and they got a pic of the guy using her atm card. He's thin, looks about the right height, and seems to be a lighter complected young black male. I wonder if he could have moved here or have relatives here in Lubbock. I don't believe it's common at all for elderly women to be raped around here and can't remember ever hearing about one. Murders yes, but not home invasion rape with theft.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/012010/cri_552235007.shtml#mdw-comments

from your link:

The man got in through a back patio sliding glass door - which was locked - at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday in the 4300 block of 63rd Street, a police report shows. He sexually assaulted the 87-year-old woman, who was sleeping in her bed.

That's the right time of day & the age (87) makes this really suspicious.

I hope Lubbock PD shares this info w/ TX Rangers.

That's strange. I hope the Lubbock PD has more details. If it is the same guy, he's way out of his comfort zone. Compared to the small towns, Lubbock is the big city.
If he was just trying to change hunting grounds due to all the publicity, I am surprized he wouldn't go for more outlying suburbs...there are so many smaller towns in the surrounding area!

Susan

Ok, time to alarm Mom. If this *advertiser censored**hole is in Lubbock now, no one is safe...

How about Scott and White? I wonder if these women could be patients of this HMO. It's quite common throughout Central Texas. The main hospital and clinic are in Temple but there was numerous other clinics. I'd have to check but I know they're in Round Rock, Georgetown, and maybe Taylor.

A nurse, pharmacy tech, or orderly there would have possible access to addresses (including moves), would even know about diagnoses (vulnerability) and would surely have good gloves. He'd probably also have a car.

I hadn't thought of the angle about eyesight. Nobody sees well at 4 am when woken up from a dead sleep. I would think for an older person, it would be even more disorienting. Probably many of these women take meds which might even make them sleep more soundly. A medical person would know this and use this to advantage.

Concerning the man's description, I wonder if his slight body build eases observers' minds as he looks like a teen who's delivering newspapers or even jogging. I'm not thinking salesman as that wasn't my experience in Texas. Yes, people were friendly as all get out but they didn't take kindly to salesman.

Scott and White....hmmmm.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Authorities_say_Twilight_rapist_had_other_victims.html

‘Twilight Rapist' list of victims grows

The Nov. 24 assault was the attacker's first appearance in Luling, a town of 5,000 an hour's drive east of San Antonio. As described by the victim's neighbors, it showed the same degree of planning that marked previous attacks. The assailant chose an apartment beside a broken city streetlight and within yards of a church parking lot with access to a highway. The victim's next-door neighbor said her phone lines were cut the night of the attack.

The victim, neighbors said, awoke with the attacker's hands over her nose and mouth around 4 a.m. She told neighbors that a night light in her bedroom was switched off. The attacker, holding a small flashlight, ransacked her apartment. After removing his clothes, he repeatedly told the victim he “wanted to make love to her,” neighbors said. She estimated he was in her home about 40 minutes.
There is a comment following this article from someone the poster claims is family of the Luling victim. This poster claims that media did not report the attack correctly and is asking the newpaper to retract the paragraph about the attack. I would assume that is the paragraph I copied above. I read in some other comments that the media isn't reporting the facts correctly (no! shock, horror...that never happens) and the methods have been different. I can delete this if necessary, I do not wish to cause anyone any further harm. And if the information is incorrect, what good does it do? I'm wondering if the family is taking issue with the "make love" comment....

perp.jpg

Perp from Lubbock robbery
photo by Sue Ade from Lubbockonline at txsvickie's link

perp.jpg

Perp from Lubbock robbery
photo by Sue Ade from Lubbockonline at txsvickie's link

Wow, that's a pretty good surveillance photo....and the jacket isn't exactly non-descript. I'm thinking that this guy will be located soon (I hope).

What a dirtbag.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyce[/ame]

Enyce

Enyce ([en-ne-che])[1]) is an American hip hop fashion label owned by Sean Diddy Combs.

I haven't been able to find where it is sold in retail stores, but there are lots for sale on the internet. Neither have I been able to find an image of that jacket on the internet, leading me to believe it is not currently available...

eta - I don't believe those are medical gloves. I see a cuff.

I don't know what sort of neighborhoods this guy is choosing but IMO, the man in the ATM photo would arouse suspicion in several of the small Texas towns where rapes have been reported. He's dressed very distinctively and certainly not in a way to "blend in". He's not dressed like anyone who "should" be on an elderly woman's porch, unless that woman is also dark-skinned and could have a grandson returning home from a job or partying. Have there been ANY reports of sightings by neighbors, BTW?

Does anyone know if the race of the female victims has been reported or the racial make up of the neighborhoods? I just can't wrap my mind around a young dark-skinned man, dressed in his Enyce jacket, with the hood up, not being stopped by LE (or confronted by an alarmed and armed neighbor) at 4 am in many small towns.

I wonder if there's some connection with the early morning time choice and that being a down time or total lack of coverage for most LE patrols in small towns. It strikes me as odd that this guy is wearing gloves as he uses the ATM--and they do look like medical gloves to me. That would be a red flag to anyone observing--like a cleaning crew inside a bank, etc. Cloth gloves might not seem so odd while using the ATM but he chooses these? Also don't ATM surveillance cameras show the parking lot? Any descriptions of vehicles from the Lubbock guy?

We don't know if this is our guy. As I was falling asleep last night, I had a thought that possibly the rapist could be posing as LE/dressed like a cop. Seeing this guy discounts that possibility, though. These perps keep surprising us.

Enyce Clothing can be purchased at the two locations below in Central Texas:

Expressive Streetwear
2100 West South Young Dr.
Killeen, TX, 76543

Stylez Clothing
2715 Rogge Lane
Austin, TX

http://www.enyce.com/

These are the only two places I found within 100 miles of the target areas. Killeen, for those not in Texas, is where Fort Hood is. A soldier wouldn't have the free time this guy does, though, I wouldn't think. A soldier's son?

On further inspection of the photo of our possible perp, I'm not sure either about the gloves. The glove on the man's left hand looks medical/latex (very snug) but there seems to be some texture to the one on his right hand. It could just be the lighting but could also be a snug knit glove.

Missizzy - the glove on the right hand appears to me to have a knit cuff, I can see a pattern on the wrist, which leads me to believe they are not medical gloves. I can't imagine that gloves in December would stick out too much, but who knows. Sure was nice of him to look into the camera so we could get a nice shot...

Also, I'm not sure where you lived in Texas, but the small town I grew up in had several black families. Seeing a young black man out about town wouldn't have been a cause to send up an alarm. And depending upon the size of the town, the populace wouldn't know each and every person. What if he has relatives in these towns?? And in the small town I grew up in, the only thing for the young people to do was "hang out" around town (usually the grocery store parking lot) or cruising around town. The guy obviously has a car in order to cover this much territory, so I would think he might not have too much trouble blending in, but that is JMHO.

One problem, possibly -- if he rapes & steals, he may have stolen the jacket.

Hopefully, it's still a good clue for LE if someone who has had a jacket like that stolen sees the pic & reports it....but if he stole it in Austin or Killeen, they may not see Lubbock news, KWIM?

This creep in the jacket would surely stand out -- doesn't look like he's trying too hard to not be noticed, and suuuuurely he would know that his pic would be taken @ an ATM.

Maybe he's not the serial rapist -- seems like a big mistake if the serial rapist is actually the 'planner' that they think he may be....or maybe he's just getting cocky and starting to feel invincible.

I lived in Liberty Hill (on Hwy. 29 between Georgetown and Burnet) from 1972-1986. There were many Latino families in town but no black families. The irony is that's why we moved. I was a Head Start teacher and my entire class was black (I'm caucasian) but that was in Georgetown.

When we approached the state about adopting a waiting black child in 1983, they just laughed at us. We went on to adopt twice from Korea (Asian girls were considered OK, we were told--jeesh) and then moved to the SF Bay Area. Transcultural adoptions were much more accepted there at the time and there was a bit more diversity to our liking.

Liberty Hill is still about as white as it gets. I was in Texas last year for a few days and noted that much is the same. Areas of the small towns I know (Burnet, Bertram, Liberty Hill, Weir, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Florence, Jarrell, etc.) are still very much segregated. Places like Round Rock have become more urban and the population seems more integrated IMO. When I used to go visit yearly, I'd always have my parents take me to Killeen or Austin as I felt much more comfortable there!! This man wouldn't stand out in some places but IMO, he surely would in others.

My hope is that more press about the rapes will raise people's awareness levels and he'll be spotted. Very soon, I hope.

That's my thought, too, Texas Mist. I don't think he's dumb but he could be cocky. I mean who's going to wear an easily identifiable piece of clothing to commit a crime unless it's to throw people off? If he's really smart, could he have stolen or borrowed the jacket just to go to the ATM? Similar jackets from Enyce look to cost between $40-$85. This one doesn't look to be in the current or previous line but might be from a year or so ago. Also, there are a lot of flea markets with knock off merchandise in Killeen. Being that I see no pics of this particular jacket on any of the hip-hop sites or on Ebay, I wonder if it's not a knock off. He could be a wiley one.

Is the Lubbock picture being shown on Texas news channels? Hopefully, each victim will be asked to look at it also.

I wonder if the police in Lubbock shared about this crime that happened with the rangers? Maybe just to make sure someone on this board should share the info? I kind of wonder if it is the same man or not. It seems like the one in the smaller towns was more planned out than this guy was. And from the sounds of it he either had met the ladies before the crimes or at least had followed them a bit if not meeting them. Maybe some of these small towns should give some self defence classes to these elderly women or at least go around and maybe make sure that their homes or apartments are more secure for them and give them tips on being more aware of being followed or something like that? Just an idea. I hope they catch this idiot soon he has no respect for women kind of makes a person wonder about his mom and grandmother and how he was raised.

Hi Ya'll ~
I am trying to get caught up on all the posts. I will write a brief review and could someone tell me if I have left anything of importance out, please. : )

The rapist started the crimes in Yoakum, has branched out w/ in a 200 mile radius. He is stealing clocks, cash, and raping the victims. Sometimes the rapes have been "attempted rapes". The young man in the photo is the perp of a robbery but may or may not be the rapist that has been targeting the elderly, female population.

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA
Flossie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members