Identified! PA - Bensalem, WhtFem 461UFPA, 20-30, pregnant, in pumphouse, Jan'88 - Lisa Todd

You guys make some very good points. It does sound like she (or maybe with someone else) went out clubbing. I wonder if the other clothes were maybe the person who killed her? It says on the doe page that the area where she was found was well known my local criminals. Maybe she had run away from home (maybe because she was pregnant and made to leave), and maybe thoes other clothes found were just some things she had brought with her or picked up at the salvation army. I was looking at the shoes and it kind of struck me odd that the back of the shoes were both cut in the back. I don't know if that is just naturally from them sitting for so long, or maybe the girl had gotten the shoes from say... a salvation army and they were to small and maybe cut the backs of them so they would actually fit her?

Sorry for the winded post, I am just kind of thinking out loud here. The shoes kind of struck me odd, as it looks like they were both cut along the back of the seams and I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this or maybe thought it strange?

Well.... I highly doubt someone would run away from home if they were 17-23 years old.. (if that is an accurate estimate)!.. unless the woman for some reason still lives at home at that age, it's an abusive home who doesn't care about her, etc. But there obviously is some reason that no one filed a report on her.. if she was just some random young woman who went out clubbing then missing, obviously (most likely).. her friends & family would report her missing.

You guys make some very good points. It does sound like she (or maybe with someone else) went out clubbing. I wonder if the other clothes were maybe the person who killed her? It says on the doe page that the area where she was found was well known my local criminals. Maybe she had run away from home (maybe because she was pregnant and made to leave), and maybe thoes other clothes found were just some things she had brought with her or picked up at the salvation army. I was looking at the shoes and it kind of struck me odd that the back of the shoes were both cut in the back. I don't know if that is just naturally from them sitting for so long, or maybe the girl had gotten the shoes from say... a salvation army and they were to small and maybe cut the backs of them so they would actually fit her?

Sorry for the winded post, I am just kind of thinking out loud here. The shoes kind of struck me odd, as it looks like they were both cut along the back of the seams and I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this or maybe thought it strange?

I am not sure but the thread could have rotted, I noticed the clothes were starting to rot so I am not sure

Does anyone else find the clothing on the deceased rather odd for a woman 6 months pregnant? Wouldn’t platform shoes be rather uncomfortable to walk in that far along in the pregnancy? I also wonder how much she shown. It is possible no one ever knew she was pregnant while she was living. So someone might recognize her but discount the match due to the pregnancy. My gut tells me someone close to her killed her. So If it was a boyfriend, husband etc. chances are she was never reported missing.

DNA comparison is currently underway between Publicker Jane Doe and Tracy Ann Byrd. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/9dfpa.html

DNA comparison between the two was done years ago, ruling Tracy out, but given the familial relationship of the donor at that time, the results are not considered definitive. This time Jane Doe's DNA will be compared to Tracy's maternal grandmother.

I think the extra set of clothes found with her would be considered her's...if the shoes weren't 2 sizes smaller. I know for a fact you cannot cram a size 8-8 1/2 foot into a size 6-6 1/2. It isn't physically possible.

This would have to point to another person owning at least the shoes and possibly the set of clothing (they haven't released sizes on those). The white dress/outfit with mesh stockings and pumps sound to me like clothing worn to an office type job instead of a hooker on the street. This leads me to believe someone could have ditched the clothes because of evidence on them or there could be another victim somewhere.

The clothing she was wearing did sound a bit flashy, but if she were out at a club or on a date...it wouldn't have been out of the norm for that time. So I don't think neccessarily she would have been a prostitute.

Hi All, What if Jane Doe was Jan Stonehouse (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1268dfon.html)? The extra clothing and shoes could have belonged to her friend, Darlene Tucker (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/246dfon.html), whom went missing a month before Jan disappeared.

Crosspost...

UPDATE: DNA does not match that of Tracy Byrd
Article HERE

New twist in cases of Jane Doe and missing teen

By BEN FINLEY
Bucks County Courier Times

And so, the two mysteries continue.

A DNA test concluded late last month that a pregnant female's body found in Bensalem in 1988 is not that of Tracy Byrd, a 14-year-old Bensalem girl who disappeared in 1983.

Bensalem Detective Chris McMullin was hoping the genetic analysis would connect the two. Instead, it ruled out just one possible fate for two females.

Yet, the DNA test doesn't have to be the end of either story.

Information regarding Tracy and the Jane Doe, including her recently extracted DNA, will be entered into a new national database for the missing and unidentified. The Justice Department created the central database www.namus.gov last year to help remedy the country's vastly disconnected network for solving such cases.
More at article...

Article also mentions a Canadian amature sleuth hoping to match the Doe to Audrey Lyn Nerenberg.

She probably had to cut the backs of them so they'd fit. If they were too small for her, that would make sense. That seems like it would lean more toward her being a transient, which would explain the difficulty in identifying her.

Might it be Cynthia Anderson, who went missing from Toledo, Ohio?

461UFPA.jpg
anderson_cynthia.jpg

Anderson was last seen wearing a white dress, stockings, and open-toed sandals. Similar items were found near the UID.

Anderson disappeared in August 1981; the UID's estimated time of death is most likely 3-5 years before 1988, which pushes it back to 1983. Since Anderson apparently was taken by a stalker, it's possible he kept her captive and alive for some time, long enough to get her pregnant.

Anderson does not appear to be in NAMUS. The UID is (https://identifyus.org/cases/2202), no ruleouts listed.

Dunno. Is it too much of a stretch?

Might it be Cynthia Anderson, who went missing from Toledo, Ohio?

Anderson was last seen wearing a white dress, stockings, and open-toed sandals. Similar items were found near the UID.

Anderson disappeared in August 1981; the UID's estimated time of death is most likely 3-5 years before 1988, which pushes it back to 1983. Since Anderson apparently was taken by a stalker, it's possible he kept her captive and alive for some time, long enough to get her pregnant.

Anderson does not appear to be in NAMUS. The UID is (https://identifyus.org/cases/2202), no ruleouts listed.

Dunno. Is it too much of a stretch?

You do have a fairly good resemblance in facial structure and you have the open-toed shoes. The height range is slightly low to be CJA, although not too far off. The time-frame is plausible, and your stalker/kidnapper scenario could explain the pregnancy. But then, how do you tie that in with all the extra clothes and extra shoes?

And I don't think that a "pinstriped" dress would be alternately described as "patterned". I don't know that there is enough here to hang your hat on.

This looks to me like someone who was either homeless or was on the road away from home for a short period of time.

You do have a fairly good resemblance in facial structure and you have the open-toed shoes. The height range is slightly low to be CJA, although not too far off. The time-frame is plausible, and your stalker/kidnapper scenario could explain the pregnancy. But then, how do you tie that in with all the extra clothes and extra shoes?

And I don't think that a "pinstriped" dress would be alternately described as "patterned". I don't know that there is enough here to hang your hat on.

This looks to me like someone who was either homeless or was on the road away from home for a short period of time.

I myself would not describe it as "patterned," but then I would not describe the shirt the girl in the Berkshires was wearing as "Hawaiian," as one description does. The picture isn't good enough for me to tell what sort of pattern it is. The general styles match.

The body and the clothes generally give me the depressing impression that the perpetrator may have held more than one girl captive.

I know it's an extremely long shot. But then after this many years, all the obvious bases have been covered, I would imagine. The question is whether it's too long a shot to bother submitting.

My opinion on the shoes is that this size discrepancy is a typo; either on the police report or data entry after the report. NamUs does list the two sizes but I suspect that info came from Doe. In the images at NamUS, they have them laid out - measured. Worth checking out to toss out what may be irrelevant.

ETA....
NamUS also makes a distinction between what was actually ON the body and what was with the body. ME also narrows her age to early 20's. I trust their input more because when a case comes to them, it is reviewed for entry into the system. Or so I was told.
https://identifyus.org/cases/2202

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back