Actor James Mitchell Dead

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actor James Mitchell who played Palmer Courtlandt on "All My Children" died at age 89 on Fri. 1/23/10. He is survived by his longtime partner, Adam Wolsky.

I loved his Palmer Courtlandt character.

Rest in peace James Mitchell.

Actor James Mitchell who played Palmer Courtlandt on "All My Children" died at age 89 on Fri. 1/23/10. He is survived by his longtime partner, Adam Wolsky.

Poor Nina has lost her father...wait...it's only a tv show.

I grew up with these people though. Sorry to see Palmer go. And I never knew he was gay, not that I cared.

Pernell Roberts died, too :(

I grew up with these people though. Sorry to see Palmer go. And I never knew he was gay, not that I cared.

What about Opal? I have not watched in decades... I watched when he first came onto the scene..I remember the moment Nina and Cliff's? eye's met in the hospital.... Palmer HATED this man..

I haven't either but I remember Opal. That whole story line, Tad and Jenny and Jenny's husband before she died, oh and remember Dixie LOL. I watched it every day as a teenager.

I had no clue of his sexual orientation either but it doesn't bother me. I will miss "Palmer".

I haven't either but I remember Opal. That whole story line, Tad and Jenny and Jenny's husband before she died, oh and remember Dixie LOL. I watched it every day as a teenager.

Ole Opal is still around. As a matter of fact I'm watching her right now from yesterdays episode. They still have not had a storyline writing Palmer out of the show.

Ole Opal is still around. As a matter of fact I'm watching her right now from yesterdays episode. They still have not had a storyline writing Palmer out of the show.

I haven't seen the show in probably 20 years... I didn't know it was still on the air. Opal is still a character on the show? I may have to tune in and see what I've been missing all these years.

almost exactly a year after clint richie and phil carey from one life to live.........

Man it's sad to hear that. Palmer and Adam Chandler were my favorite characters growing up. I'm glad that Mr. Mitchell got to participate in the 40th anniversary show before he passed. He was an excellent actor (and dancer).

It was basically an open secret that he was gay. Meaning he lived his life openly, but it was never discussed in the press. It's not uncommon in the soap world.

I haven't seen the show in probably 20 years... I didn't know it was still on the air. Opal is still a character on the show? I may have to tune in and see what I've been missing all these years.
They might as well cancel it now, they are supposedly writing out Adam Chandler. :furious:

OMG you guys are taking me back - I watched AMC from it's very first show for many, many years and after the Palmer character came into play, I happened to catch the movie version of "Oklahoma" and during that big dance scene - I wondered if I wasn't watching Palmer Courtland in tights dancing with Mrs. Partridge!!!! Sure he was much younger but there was no doubt it was him and then I confirmed it later.

He brought much to the soap. Whatever happened to Natalie? LOL. I freaking LOVE AMC. Now he can join Ruth, Phoebe, Mrytle etc...is Joe Martin still alive?

RIP James Mitchell.

Wow I didn't recognize the actor's name, but I sure remember his character from AMC. Such a cool actor. I watched AMC as a teenager.

OMG you guys are taking me back - I watched AMC from it's very first show for many, many years and after the Palmer character came into play, I happened to catch the movie version of "Oklahoma" and during that big dance scene - I wondered if I wasn't watching Palmer Courtland in tights dancing with Mrs. Partridge!!!! Sure he was much younger but there was no doubt it was him and then I confirmed it later.

He brought much to the soap. Whatever happened to Natalie? LOL. I freaking LOVE AMC. Now he can join Ruth, Phoebe, Mrytle etc...is Joe Martin still alive?

RIP James Mitchell.

Yes, Joe was/is still alive. He made hsi last appearance a couple weeks ago. He left GH and him and Ruth retired to Florida.

I'm sorry to hear this news. I started watching AMC back when it came on, but haven't watched it for years. Palmer was always a favorite of mine.

I used to be a very loyal fan of AMC, then ended up living without cable and didn't get ABC for some years and had to switch to CBS soaps.
I always enjoyed his character, he was so devious! Remember him setting his hounds after Daisy and how he wooed Donna Beck!

Through the years I was able to meet a few of the actors, I saw Jeremy and Natalie together at a mall in Texas and met Jackson when he came to the University he'd attended in Ill, I would have really enjoyed meeting Palmer also.
He certainly had a long career and may he RIP

VB

He was a really good actor, no doubt about it. I watched the show from the beginning for many years as I raised my kids.

Then when I started working I had to quit the soaps. RIP Palmer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back