Landfill Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Some media outlets are reporting that LE is searching the landfill. Others are reporting that LE is not:

Missing baby search could lead to a S.A. landfill

KENS 5
Posted on January 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM

San Antonio Police Department tell us they are working on the logistical aspects of what it would take to search the Tessman landfill on I-10E near Foster Road. SAPD says they haven't gotten word that the search will be necessary, but they are taking the possible task seriously.

Other Media outlets have reported that the search has already begun, but SAPD says that is not the case.

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Missing--82655172.html

So, are they searching or planning?

Some media outlets are reporting that LE is searching the landfill. Others are reporting that LE is not:

Missing baby search could lead to a S.A. landfill

KENS 5
Posted on January 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM

San Antonio Police Department tell us they are working on the logistical aspects of what it would take to search the Tessman landfill on I-10E near Foster Road. SAPD says they haven't gotten word that the search will be necessary, but they are taking the possible task seriously.

Other Media outlets have reported that the search has already begun, but SAPD says that is not the case.

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Missing--82655172.html

So, are they searching or planning?

Want me to email KENS5 for clarification? I likely wouldn't get it til I get back this evening, but I can ask.

ETA: Actually from the way it's written, it seems that they have confirmed that this is the area where Gabriel would be, and the landfill that was being scouted this morning, when they wouldn't allow the media in. Makes it sound like KENS5 has a source keeping them up to date on possible searches and they are trying to keep hope out there by saying that there is no definitive reason to search it.

Or EJ talked.

So sad...

My baby is only ten months and it's so hard to read this
... poor poor baby....

I'm glad to hear LE is finally looking into this, but I do think it's promising they don't seem to be in a hurry. They seem more focused on the "illegal adoption" theory, which leaves much hope! I don't know that I've ever heard of this before in a missing child case - or not seriously, anyway - so it's GOT to mean something they are so intensely investigating this angle.

:praying:

Do you think they would search at night, just to try to confound the news choppers, since LE doesn't seem to want any coverage of the landfill search?

If they did it at night I think they would need those big lights which surely the helicopters would see. I don't know if it would be common or unusual for them to search at night.

If they did it at night I think they would need those big lights which surely the helicopters would see. I don't know if it would be common or unusual for them to search at night.

I *think* that LE and some of the news stations actually use one of the same airpads. stinson airport. really small, and on the southside, on Roosevelt ave. And yes, for once I spelled something right, LOL, It's Roosevelt.

Also, ALLIED WASTE is the trash company that uses that particular landfill. Not sure that it matters. But I am really wondering if she would use a dumpster that close to where she was staying. scary part here, I am certain, that the different business' in the areas, use different trash companies.

again, not sure any of this matters, but there it is, just incase.

Sources tell 3TV the area where the landfill is has been cordoned off as law enforcement prepares to search the area. 3TV has learned the trash from both hotels where Johnson stayed would eventually be dumped in that landfill.
Investigators are starting the preparations for the search and plan to take cadaver dogs to the area.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Optimi...aby-Gabriel-will-be-found-alive-82760752.html

This has to be so frustrating for LE, as there is no way of knowing exactly which dumpster she may have used.

I guess they have to go with the assumption that she may have used one of the dumpsters behind one of the motels- but, if she did indeed toss his body in a dumpster, it could have been into a dumpster behind a fast food restaurant, or a park, or anywhere.

Even if they knew for sure which dumpster, it would still be like trying to find a needle in a haystack... an entire month has already passed. (The busiest month for garbage, starting right after the holidays).

San Antonio Landfill Ready For Police Search
KPHO.com
POSTED: 9:24 pm MST January 26, 2010
UPDATED: 10:20 pm MST January 26, 2010

The stage appears to be set for a massive undertaking at a San Antonio landfill in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old valley baby Gabriel Johnson.

snip

San Antonio police said Monday that they had one more tip to follow-up on before making a decision on a landfill search. Tuesday night, police would not say if that tip materialized.

snip

There are two separate but parallel investigations going on. The first one is headed up by Tempe police on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference.

snip

The second is a missing persons investigation being conducted by San Antonio police in Texas.

A spokeswoman for Republic Services, which owns and operates the Tessman Road Landfill in San Antonio, confirmed that they are using their expertise in managing landfills to help police. Peg Mulloy said landfills are highly engineered and well planned out. “Things are so well engineered that we can hone in on a date and a neighborhood,” said Mulloy, referring to locating a specific cell of trash in the landfill. Mulloy confirmed that waste mangers at the landfill have identified a possible search cell based on information provided to them by police.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22350884/detail.html

Are they going to physically start conducting the search today? Please, please don't let that precious baby be in there.

A spokeswoman for Republic Services, which owns and operates the Tessman Road Landfill in San Antonio, confirmed that they are using their expertise in managing landfills to help police. Peg Mulloy said landfills are highly engineered and well planned out. “Things are so well engineered that we can hone in on a date and a neighborhood,” said Mulloy, referring to locating a specific cell of trash in the landfill. Mulloy confirmed that waste mangers at the landfill have identified a possible search cell based on information provided to them by police.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22350884/detail.html

Who knew a business like that could be so organized!

Conflicting info on whether there has/will be a search.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...27search-for-missing-baby-gabrieljohnson.html

I wonder why if there is going to be one, why Tempe Police are denying it.

SAPD says there is no search currently underway.

A spokeswoman for the San Antonio Police said they have been trying to quash the rumor for nearly a week. She said no search is underway, but declined to say whether there would be a search in the future.

Tempe PD says there is no search currently underway.

Tempe police also said Wednesday they are not doing a landfill search.

Neither PD says there will not be a search. There's no conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆