CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple def, from FindLaw:

BBM

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/murder_second_degree.html

There is the flaw in your argument, while Murray's conduct may have been dangerous (and hence the manslaughter charge) there is no evidence that it was motivated by "the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life".

Sorry, IMO there is no way this should be a murder charge.

Let's get simple then-should Murray lose his license to practice?

I personally believe he rose to the level of reckless disregard for human life. He allowed someone else to dictate what he (MJ) was taking for medication and why. He failed to adequately keep an eye on the patient who was being overdosed on the medication the Dr was providing. Then he worked long and hard to cover his own *advertiser censored**. He did not call for paramedics immediately when he discovered MJ had crashed. He tried to revive him on his own.

He should turn in his license himself. JMO. And plead guilty. again, JMO.

Let's get simple then-should Murray lose his license to practice?

I personally believe he rose to the level of reckless disregard for human life. He allowed someone else to dictate what he (MJ) was taking for medication and why. He failed to adequately keep an eye on the patient who was being overdosed on the medication the Dr was providing. Then he worked long and hard to cover his own *advertiser censored**. He did not call for paramedics immediately when he discovered MJ had crashed. He tried to revive him on his own.

He should turn in his license himself. JMO. And plead guilty. again, JMO.

There is the flaw in your argument, while Murray's conduct may have been dangerous (and hence the manslaughter charge) there is no evidence that it was motivated by "the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life".

After seeing the story on Dateline last night I am not so sure they don't have plenty of evidence that shows that Murray had a total lack of concern for human life. Those 47 minutes of phone calls Murray made after he gave MJ the propofol are going to come back to haunt him especially when every doctor that has spoken out has said the patient must be monitored closely at all times. If that isn't a total lack of concern for the welfare of a patient I don't know what is.

I just think the DA is going with the safer charge.

imo

After seeing the story on Dateline last night I am not so sure they don't have plenty of evidence that shows that Murray had a total lack of concern for human life. Those 47 minutes of phone calls Murray made after he gave MJ the propofol are going to come back to haunt him especially when every doctor that has spoken out has said the patient must be monitored closely at all times. If that isn't a total lack of concern for the welfare of a patient I don't know what is.

I just think the DA is going with the safer charge.

imo

IMO, and based on what information has been disclosed so far, I think the charge should be murder in the 2nd degree. That said, I agree that it is likelier the DA will go with the "safer charge" in order to win a conviction.

IMO, and based on what information has been disclosed so far, I think the charge should be murder in the 2nd degree. That said, I agree that it is likelier the DA will go with the "safer charge" in order to win a conviction.

BBM

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life.

That seems to fit nicely with Dr. Murray's actions - he did have an "obvious lack of concern for human life". Dr. Murray has absolutely no excuse for his actions. I would hope "the book" would be thrown at him. For those who sympathize with Dr. Murray, as being made an example, too darn bad. He is a bad example of a physician and should never be allowed to use that title again.

BBM

That seems to fit nicely with Dr. Murray's actions - he did have an "obvious lack of concern for human life". Dr. Murray has absolutely no excuse for his actions. I would hope "the book" would be thrown at him. For those who sympathize with Dr. Murray, as being made an example, too darn bad. He is a bad example of a physician and should never be allowed to use that title again.

Any medical person who administers a drug, such as propofol in a person's home or at any location that does not have personnel and equipment for a complete crash resuscitation has motivation backed by his/her obvious lack of concern for human life. There is no way around this. Charges might not be 2nd degree murder, but lipstick on a pig does not change the fact that it is still a pig. Murray has/had no excuse whatsoever to justify what he did. His actions are proof that he had a complete disregard for human life. Siimply, he didn't care. Sicko.

Any medical person who administers a drug, such as propofol in a person's home or at any location that does not have personnel and equipment for a complete crash resuscitation has motivation backed by his/her obvious lack of concern for human life. There is no way around this. Charges might not be 2nd degree murder, but lipstick on a pig does not change the fact that it is still a pig. Murray has/had no excuse whatsoever to justify what he did. His actions are proof that he had a complete disregard for human life. Siimply, he didn't care. Sicko.

He will be charged Monday blpayne.

imo

Hi Ocean, Great to see you! Ya Ya

Earlier today on CNN I heard tomorrow Dr Murray will surrender to officers due to an agreement by the parties. It is to take away from the media circus that would ensue if he were publicly arrested with a presser following, hoping not to give Dr Murray an advantage with public perception.

I did think it odd as tomoz is Sunday. That means acc to what you have read he will be arraigned on Monday but be in the hoosgow on Sunday, all booked in, right?

xox

He will be charged Monday blpayne.

imo

Earlier today on CNN I heard tomorrow Dr Murray will surrender to officers due to an agreement by the parties. It is to take away from the media circus that would ensue if he were publicly arrested with a presser following, hoping not to give Dr Murray an advantage with public perception.

I did think it odd as tomoz is Sunday. That means acc to what you have read he will be arraigned on Monday but be in the hoosgow on Sunday, all booked in, right?

xox

xox

Well hey there my sweet friend!

I believe they are going to do it all in one day. He will surrender shortly before the arraignment on Monday, I think, but who really knows.

I find it odd though that they don't want anyone to see him in handcuffs when they certainly had no problem handcuffing MJ and bringing him in. Seems to be double standards to me.

imo

xox

Well hey there my sweet friend!

I believe they are going to do it all in one day. He will surrender shortly before the arraignment on Monday, I think, but who really knows.

I find it odd though that they don't want anyone to see him in handcuffs when they certainly had no problem handcuffing MJ and bringing him in. Seems to be double standards to me.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member