Illegal/Underground Adoption Theories and leads

It makes sense if what EJ said was true, that she signed adoption papers (or some kind of papers) when she turned Gabriel over to his new parents. I wonder if this kind of adoption would be legal if it weren't for the fact that LM is involved. What I mean is, if LM didn't want Gabriel (which we know isn't the case) this kind of adoption would be legal if he didn't challenge it.

The question still remains, how did EJ find out about the agency, if she went through one. Did TPS send her to San Antonio knowing about it being favorable to denying fathers rights? Did EJ research and find this out on her own? Something sent her specifically to San Antonio. I wish LE had her laptop. I believe all the answers are in there. They have the Smiths computer information so they haven't released anything that leads me to think they know the Smiths are involved with going to TX or they would have included that in the charging document. If they knew why EJ went to San Antonio then they would be close to finding Gabriel.

Gabriel Alive?
Elizabeth Johnson Followed Blueprint For Texas Adoption
New Evidence Suggests The Accused Kidnapper Planned To Give Baby Gabriel Away

snipped for space

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- New evidence that surfaced Sunday in the search for Baby Gabriel shows there is a better chance that he may still be alive. It suggests it was Elizabeth Johnson's plan all along to adopt her baby away.

After talking to an adoption expert who helps the FBI in the world of underground adoptions, the McQueary family learned some startling connections. The Homegate Hotel where Elizabeth stayed is well known in adoption circles. Agencies put girls up there for meetings with families, and to complete paperwork.

“Often girls go to Six Flags to meet with the adoptive family. There’s a lot of people in and out there, and there’s also security there, and it’s a safe place for both the mother and the family to meet, often to bring the child, introduce the child to the family,” said Lisa Peters

alot more at link

http://www.kpho.com/baby-gabriel-johnson/22494558/detail.html

It makes sense if what EJ said was true, that she signed adoption papers (or some kind of papers) when she turned Gabriel over to his new parents. I wonder if this kind of adoption would be legal if it weren't for the fact that LM is involved. What I mean is, if LM didn't want Gabriel (which we know isn't the case) this kind of adoption would be legal if he didn't challenge it.

Seems from what I have been reading That the laws in tx, dont seem to check the names of fathers, If I have that right, But underground adoption, there has to be some crooked lawyers out there involved in this too, the almighty dollar, at the expense of a parent who did not agree to it, and she EJ did say she gave him to a couple in a park at first, well six flags is considered a park, I pray he will be found soon, God bless sweet Gabriel :angel:

The adoption expert also told the McQueary's that because of recent changes in Texas law, the state is now one of the easiest to remove parental rights from a biological father.
Elizabeth Johnson and Gabriel were spotted on surveillance footage outside the Six Flags on December 26th, the same day she took the last known photos of Gabriel in the Homegate hotel room. That was also just two days after she posted two comments on her Myspace page stating "Where there's a will, there's a way" and "Excited to start my new life."
http://www.kpho.com/news/22494558/detail.html

I have a question. If this is what happened, what are the chances that they will file paperwork with the state of TX to try to make the adoption legal and is there any way LE or J.J. Armes can look at all the people that have filed paperwork to initiate the adoption process in that timeframe? Or do you think they wouldn't want to start the process until the heat is off? It sounds like she may have signed papers, if what she said was true.
Also interested in her My Space comment. It sure sounds like she found a way to adopt out Gabriel without LM's permission.

Seems from what I have been reading That the laws in tx, dont seem to check the names of fathers, If I have that right, But underground adoption, there has to be some crooked lawyers out there involved in this too, the almighty dollar, at the expense of a parent who did not agree to it, and she EJ did say she gave him to a couple in a park at first, well six flags is considered a park, I pray he will be found soon, God bless sweet Gabriel :angel:

Yes Elizabeth did say park. I think it was TPS & JS That said Raymond Russell park? Info which they said they got from reporter Yami in San Antonio. I believe that is in a NG transcript which BeanE mentioned.

What are the chances the EJ was sitting on the internet searching adoption laws and found out about TX being the easiest to remove a fathers rights and haphazardly contacted the first agency in TX and was sent to San Antonio? I guess it could happen but my guess is that someone who knows someone with a lot of experience in adoption and who has a record of trying to circumvent fathers rights may have given her the heads up and a contact for someone in San Antonio.

What are the chances the EJ was sitting on the internet searching adoption laws and found out about TX being the easiest to remove a fathers rights and haphazardly contacted the first agency in TX and was sent to San Antonio? I guess it could happen but my guess is that someone who knows someone with a lot of experience in adoption and who has a record of trying to circumvent fathers rights may have given her the heads up and a contact for someone in San Antonio.
I think that connection could be JM via TPS....

In reference to the statement that Texas law was changed to make it easy to strip a father's rights.......that sounds like it could be a legal adoption. At least to the point that LE may have their hands tied in trying to investigate. EJ said in court it was legal. I know she lies, but one of these shady agencies could have told her it was especially if it is easy to strip the father's rights. I hope this is making sense. I am just trying to interpret that statement. To make it easy to strip a father's rights.....means to me there is a way to do that. And of course, because it is legal doesn't make it ethical. I think this is why it is important for JJ to be on the job. jmo

In reference to the statement that Texas law was changed to make it easy to strip a father's rights.......that sounds like it could be a legal adoption. At least to the point that LE may have their hands tied in trying to investigate. EJ said in court it was legal. I know she lies, but one of these shady agencies could have told her it was especially if it is easy to strip the father's rights. I hope this is making sense. I am just trying to interpret that statement. To make it easy to strip a father's rights.....means to me there is a way to do that. And of course, because it is legal doesn't make it ethical. I think this is why it is important for JJ to be on the job. jmo

I believe that we discussed that at the time and were told that the adoption of Gabriel would not be legal because he is the legal father of Gabriel and did not give consent. I think the liberal adoption laws in TX have to do with a birth registry they have there and that the father is supposed to sing up on it if they have a child born out of wedlock. You can goggle TX birth registry to get more information about it.

Here is the link about the TX birth registry:
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/patreg/
I guess if he doesn't register or establish paternity then it is easier for the baby to be adopted out.

Two agencys that have used this hotel is Adoption Services Associates and Adoption Alliance. Both very close to the hotel and park.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4666494&postcount=699"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #5[/ame]

Should we send these names of adoption agencies that have used Homegate to San Antonio LE or J.J. Armes?

So, if the illegal adoption theory plays out....why would this case be so different if it's common enough to be known that these hotels/six flags are frequently used as lodging/meeting places?? I guess why aren't there a bunch of fathers looking for these kids? I am guessing that MOST OF THE TIME, these are pregnant girls/women where the father isn't involved? LM was not on the original birth certificate right? I mean, Gabriel's last name is Johnson so I would guess not (it may have been amended after he was declared the natural father, but I think the original didn't have him on there?). This is probably a somewhat unique case where the father wants the baby and the mother is vindictive enough to send a horrific text claiming she killed the baby thus getting all of this attention? I wonder what the adoption people would be advising the parents right now?

I'm catching up. Please forgive if already posted.

If you check the Questions and Answers from the family thread, you'll see where the family confirmed that Logan has always been on Gabe's birth certificate.

You can use the thread search tool for keyword certificate, and it should pop right up.

Yes Elizabeth did say park. I think it was TPS & JS That said Raymond Russell park? Info which they said they got from reporter Yami in San Antonio. I believe that is in a NG transcript which BeanE mentioned.

Raymond Russell came from Yami in a very early news video she standing in front of that park. The rumor took off from there.

Personally, I am going with 'the park' being Six Flags. I checked quite a while back to see if the park was open on the 26th, and it was. I posted the link that lists the park events and hours of operation for that day.

I'm a little confused. I thought we knew this about this hotel and such early on here at Websleuths.

Why is this just now getting to the media's attention? and LM's?

Doesn't LE know this already? It's their town.

:confused:
fran

Fran,
I believe we speculated on this but we didn't know that LE has survaillance of EJ outside the entrance to six flags on Dec 26.

I'm a little confused. I thought we knew this about this hotel and such early on here at Websleuths.

Why is this just now getting to the media's attention? and LM's?

Doesn't LE know this already? It's their town.

:confused:
fran

We have threads that discuss the exact scenerios mentioned in the article above from weeks ago. We i read it my first thought was-this sounds familiar. We just had not confirmed with LE there was actual video of EJ and Gabriel in front of Six Flags-as far as I know. We talked about Six Flags-BeanE confirmed it was open. We talked about San Antonio being a hub for adoption and that the The Homegate Studio hotel is right next to 2 adoption agencies and that the Homegate could be a place for moms planning to give there child up for adoption to stay-with it having a full kitchen for a baby and mainly because it's right by adoption agencies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back