Illegal/Underground Adoption Theories and leads

We have threads that discuss the exact scenerios mentioned in the article above from weeks ago. We i read it my first thought was-this sounds familiar. We just had not confirmed with LE there was actual video of EJ and Gabriel in front of Six Flags-as far as I know. We talked about Six Flags-BeanE confirmed it was open. We talked about San Antonio being a hub for adoption and that the The Homegate Studio hotel is right next to 2 adoption agencies and that the Homegate could be a place for moms planning to give there child up for adoption would stay-with it having a full kitchen for a baby and mainly because it's right by adoption agencies.

Thanks for explaining better than I did. My typing is limited due to disabilities.

Thanks for explaining better than I did. My typing is limited due to disabilities.

We must of been typing at the same time! Too bad LE won't just give us all the evidence to support our theories. Between all of us (or just BeanE) we would have the case solved!!!

The question still remains, how did EJ find out about the agency, if she went through one. Did TPS send her to San Antonio knowing about it being favorable to denying fathers rights? Did EJ research and find this out on her own? Something sent her specifically to San Antonio. I wish LE had her laptop. I believe all the answers are in there. They have the Smiths computer information so they haven't released anything that leads me to think they know the Smiths are involved with going to TX or they would have included that in the charging document. If they knew why EJ went to San Antonio then they would be close to finding Gabriel.

I'm wondering about the Hispanic guy and the couple that was reported not long ago, especially since it was reported that first Elizabeth was seen with the guy alone, and then subsequently with the same guy, and a couple.

I'm thinking also about Concernedmom saying the news reported that the owner of the hotel tried to stop the reporters from doing the story.

I want to know more about the hotel owner, and the Hispanic guy. We may not be able to easily figure out how Elizabeth connected to the underground to get to SA, but we might be able to figure out more about who she connected with. The hotel owner and the Hispanic guys are waving red flags for me.

Perhaps we're missing or dismissing things that could be important.

I'm wondering about the Hispanic guy and the couple that was reported not long ago, especially since it was reported that first Elizabeth was seen with the guy alone, and then subsequently with the same guy, and a couple.

I'm thinking also about Concernedmom saying the news reported that the owner of the hotel tried to stop the reporters from doing the story.

I want to know more about the hotel owner, and the Hispanic guy. We may not be able to easily figure out how Elizabeth connected to the underground to get to SA, but we might be able to figure out more about who she connected with. The hotel owner and the Hispanic guys are waving red flags for me.

From early on, didn't we know that EJ had a room at two separate hotels?

IIRC, wasn't the Homegate the hotel she didn't actually stay at?

fran

Does anyone know the name of the hotel owner so we can check into his background? He could have a business relationship with one of the adoption agencies or he could just want to stop the reporters because who would want to stay at a hotel where something that awful may of happened.

The land is owned by
HOMEGATE STUDIOS & SUITES
NV & R N PATEL
Search results won't like but the search form is here:
https://actweb.acttax.com/act_webdev/bexar/index.jsp

HomeGate is owned by a company called Prime Hospitality (out of NJ, I think). A search of the TX corporations division shows this entity in good standing in the state of TX:
PRIME HOSPITALITY, LLC
http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/ser...pitality &Button=search&Search_ID=32028041369

ETA: The same individuals are connected in the land records with HomeGate and Quality Inn.
QUALITY INN FIESTA
NV & RN PATEL

I am at work and need some help with sending spanish flyers to the San Jose' Hospital in Nuevo Laredo, the Nuevo Laredo INternational Airport, and the Hilton Gardens hotel in Nuevo Laredo by the airport.

I am blocked from quite a few sites at work and am unable to email them or call to get fax numbers.

I am just about positive this is the hotel by the airport....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...uevo_Laredo-Nuevo_Laredo_Northern_Mexico.html

Whoa.... That's a connection. Same possible owner! What are the odds in all of San Antonio??:dance: I think that's a tip to be sent in to LE and Armes. Great job Southern Comfort!

Whoa.... That's a connection. Same possible owner! What are the odds in all of San Antonio??:dance: I think that's a tip to be sent in to LE and Armes. Great job Southern Comfort!

LOL, ok, I'm confused again. That shows both hotels at the same address?

:confused:
fran

PS.....If I'm not mistaken, Patel is an Indian name (ie India). I went on a month long vacation last summer and stayed at many out of the way small motels. The majority of them were owned by people of Indian descent. I know of an Indian family that sold everything to own a hotel, like their cousin. (they moved to Utah) just fwiw.............fran

It's a franchise. I posted the info yesterday.

There's also a Roadrunner email address on the hotel's website that info can be gained from.

Because they are right next door to each other on the same lot?

I don't find that unusual at all

These people own the lot --the land-- we do not know if they own the hotels

nevermind*

Because they are right next door to each other on the same lot?

I don't find that unusual at all

These people own the lot --the land-- we do not know if they own the hotels

And can we post full names of innocent parties not yet named in the news?

I was just pointing out that it is common that the land owner is the franchise owner and as part of purchasing a franchise you purchase the land. It's common, it's not a fact.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22494558/detail.html

I hope this little guy is found alive and well. I still have hope he is alive. But I wonder why the mother hasn't spoken because one would think she would to try getting out of trouble.

After talking to an adoption expert who helps the FBI in the world of underground adoptions, the McQueary family learned some startling connections.

The Homegate Hotel where Johnson stayed is well known in adoption circles. Agencies put girls up there for meetings with families and to complete paperwork.

“It just seems like it is a place that mothers go when they’re trying to give up their children,” said Lisa Peters.

The adoption expert, who didn't want to be identified, also had plenty to say about the San Antonio Six Flags.

“Often girls go to Six Flags to meet with the adoptive family. There’s a lot of people in and out there, and there’s also security there, and it’s a safe place for both the mother and the family to meet, often to bring the child, introduce the child to the family,” said Lisa Peters.

I am at work and need some help with sending spanish flyers to the San Jose' Hospital in Nuevo Laredo, the Nuevo Laredo INternational Airport, and the Hilton Gardens hotel in Nuevo Laredo by the airport.

I am blocked from quite a few sites at work and am unable to email them or call to get fax numbers.

I am just about positive this is the hotel by the airport....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rn_Mexico.html

LOL, ok, I'm confused again. That shows both hotels at the same address?

:confused:
fran

No, you weren't confused, I was confused. Sorry. I forgot that they were right next door.:blushing:

Was that ever confirmed?

Well, I doubt very much that we will be able to confirm which adoption agencies put mothers up in any hotel before an adoption legal or illegal, as that would be a private matter

Our poster who gave us the information on thread five, would always add that this was her opinion, but it was very evident to me that she knew what she was talking about and her associate wrote a book on the subject of illegal adoption in this country

Now we do have it confirmed by SA press that they have an expert on this topic who is used by the FBI stating the hotels are used by adoption agencies

I think what should be made clear is
  1. Adoption agencies who do use these hotels may not be doing anything illegal --might be a perfectly legal adoption
  2. The two agencies that Mum listed are off the top of her head that she has heard use this particular hotel because of the proximity to the park
  3. Our poster went on to say that it does not really matter where the agency's address is as they all work in many other states -and many are part of a larger adoption agency
  4. There was a case we discussed in earlier threads of an SA agency who eventually lost their license, but it seems only when one employee was charged with buying babies
  5. Again, I don't believe that there are only 2 agencies who use this hotel, and some may strictly go by the law, while others may not

And of course we have discusssed the Texas father registery in earlier threads, too, and it was suggested that Logan get on that list immediately -- I don't know if he got the message

There is an interesting Facebook discussion about a Gladney adoptions. A poster googled six flags and adoption and this popped up (Six flags Arlington supports the Gladney Adoption center). Logan's aunt is going to call it into Logan.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=feed&story_fbid=306550777296&gid=251236072296

Anyways, the FAQ section is interesting wrt father's rights (snipped and BBM):
"Reader Questions and Answers
Q: The mother and father had already broken up before she knew she was pregnant. The father wants to raise the baby with shared custody, but the mother wants to give the baby up for adoption. Can the father stop the birth mom from giving the baby for adoption?
A: Each case is handled on an individual basis. If the birth mother is interested in adoption, she would need to call us so we can get more information to make a better assessment.

Q: Do I have to tell the dad before I give my baby up for adoption?
A: Gladney would need more information about your situation before an assessment can be made. Please feel free to call 1-800-GLADNEY (800.452.3639) and ask for an admissions counselor so we can learn more details about your specific situation.

Q: I want to put my baby up for adoption. Where do I start?
A: The first step in planning adoption is to fill out a background information packet. Call 1-800-GLADNEY (800.452.3639) and ask for the admission department and they will guide you through the process.

Q: Can you place your child up for adoption if your child is over 6 months?
A: Yes, we can help you plan adoption if your child has already been born. You'll need to call 1-800-GLADNEY (800.452.3639) and ask to speak with an admissions counselor so they can explain your first step in making an adoption plan."

Edit: Something else I read on their site, they are licensed to do home studies in :Gladney is licensed to complete home studies for families in Texas, Arizona, Kentucky, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. POssible TS connection?

http://adoptionsbygladney.com/html/pregnant/faq.php

LAST EDIT: I don't see much connection to San Antonio, but definitely the FAQs show they have some flexibility with father's rights.

Was that ever confirmed?

The family has asked that it be clarified that Logan has NOT hired J. Jay Armes. He is acting independently and Logan has met with him once to thank him. Logan has not signed any contract or any piece of paper with J. Jay Armes.

The family is welcoming any help that can be given by any and all investigators.

The family would like any information that is forwarded to the P.I. to also be sent to them. This is per a conversation I had with one of Logan's Aunts...

The family has asked that it be clarified that Logan has NOT hired J. Jay Armes. He is acting independently and Logan has met with him once to thank him. Logan has not signed any contract or any piece of paper with J. Jay Armes.

The family is welcoming any help that can be given by any and all investigators.

The family would like any information that is forwarded to the P.I. to also be sent to them. This is per a conversation I had with one of Logan's Aunts...

I don't understand the connection of this information to my question you quoted?

ETA: Just to clarify, I was asking if it had been confirmed that the two adoption agencies were connected to the Homegate as a poster had stated.

And of course we have discusssed the Texas father registery in earlier threads, too, and it was suggested that Logan get on that list immediately -- I don't know if he got the message

I wanted to understand more about this and so I've read up as much as possible on the Texas Family Law statutes. While I agree that if possible Logan should register, under Texas adoption law he would be entitled to a notice of proceeding (notification of the potential adoption) even if he is not registered as long as:

Paraphrasing: a father-child relationship had been established previously under TX Family law or another law or he has taken court action to claim his paternity before the TX court terminates his parental rights.

I've read more and this post would be very long if I tried to put all of this information here, but all of these statutes are available online. I do see how a father's parental rights could be terminated in TX, but I do not see how this could be a legal adoption in this timeframe. There are many adoption steps that have to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back