Rep John Murtha Dies

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
CNN) -- Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, a longtime fixture on the House subcommittee that oversees Pentagon spending, has died following complications from gallbladder surgery, according to his office. He was 77.
The veteran Democratic congressman recently underwent laparoscopic surgery to remove his gallbladder.
Murtha was hospitalized in December and had to postpone a hearing with Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the administration's strategy in Afghanistan. The congressman returned to work after a few days in the hospital and helped oversee final passage of the 2010 defense appropriations bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/08/john.murtha.obit/index.html?hpt=T1

His intestines were knicked during the gallbladder surgery, which led to his death.

CNN) -- Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, a longtime fixture on the House subcommittee that oversees Pentagon spending, has died following complications from gallbladder surgery, according to his office. He was 77.
The veteran Democratic congressman recently underwent laparoscopic surgery to remove his gallbladder.
Murtha was hospitalized in December and had to postpone a hearing with Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the administration's strategy in Afghanistan. The congressman returned to work after a few days in the hospital and helped oversee final passage of the 2010 defense appropriations bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/08/john.murtha.obit/index.html?hpt=T1

God Bless Him, may he rest in peace....

A Democrat against the war in Iraq... I do honor his stance...

Don't take this the wrong way (there's no good time for someone to pass), but this couldn't have happened at a worse time for me. I'm going in for surgery real soon and one of the bad things that could happen with this surgery is that they might accidentally cut my bladder or intestines. Now it's going to be all I can think about.

Could this be considered malpractice when I'm sure it was one of the risks that Mr. Murtha was made aware of before his surgery? I thought surgeons told you all the risks for just that reason.

Don't take this the wrong way (there's no good time for someone to pass), but this couldn't have happened at a worse time for me. I'm going in for surgery real soon and one of the bad things that could happen with this surgery is that they might accidentally cut my bladder or intestines. Now it's going to be all I can think about.

Could this be considered malpractice when I'm sure it was one of the risks that Mr. Murtha was made aware of before his surgery? I thought surgeons told you all the risks for just that reason.
lizzybeth :( I an hardly imagine how you feel. But I do not think all surgeons are the same. You can go in to remove an appendix and the Dr.can accidentally cut something else. Please notice the word accidentally. Fear is a great big monster that runs many scenarios in our mind, most of all it creates much stress. Think positive, and remember your Dr. is another Doctor, and your operation will be a success. :)
Hope you have an easy recovery.

Good luck with your surgery Lizzybeth, I am sure it will go OK.

Personally, I see the hand of God moving in this death. His seat is now freed up to be taken by a real American Patriot.

Not to be self centered, but same here.

Let's pray for each other. I plan to ask the surgeon if he had a good nights rest and had his coffee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back