NE NE - Ann Marie Riekenberg Kelley, 36, Beatrice, 15 April 2008

Posted on Tue, 09/15/2009 - 3:47pm

On September 4th, 2009, the Gage County Sheriff's Office received information indicating a possible sighting of Ann M Kelly, a missing person, in Rawlins, Wyoming. Gage County Sheriff's Office Investigator Rob Sandersfeld immediately contacted detectives with the Rawlins Police Department regarding the sighting. Rawlins detectives performed a preliminary investigation into the matter. Investigator Sandersfeld received additional information from the Rawlins Police indicating that there were significant similarities between the missing Ann Kelley and the woman sighted in Rawlins.

On September 12, 2009, Investigator Sandersfeld and a representative from the Gage County Attorney's Office traveled to Rawlins to confirm the woman's identity. On September 13th, 2009, Investigator Sandersfeld with the assistance of the Rawlins Police Department, Carbon County Sheriff's Department, and the Hanna Marshall's Office performed a thorough investigation which resulted in locating the woman of interest late Sunday evening. The woman's identity was confirmed by law enforcement as Kesha C Kelly of Texas.

The Gage County Sheriff's Office remains committed to resolving the missing person case of Ann M Kelley. Anyone having information regarding Ann Marie Riekenberg/Kelley, please contact:

Gage County Sheriff's Office 402-223-5221

Gage County Crime Stoppers 402-228-4343
http://www.gage-ne-sheriff.us/ann_sighting

They are still actively searching for Ann, they will leave no stone unturned in trying to find her.

The Gage County Sheriff’s Department recently followed up on two reports regarding the 2008 disappearance of Ann Marie Kelley.

Kelley, 38, was reported missing on April 15, 2008. She was last seen leaving her residence about three miles east and two miles north of Filley, driving her gray 1991 Plymouth Voyager minivan with Gage County license plate 3-A8045.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2009/09/17/news/local/doc4ab2434717e3e192883022.txt

This is so sad. I wish the family would ask TM for help-they've been seemingly silent.

Attachments

• 2009, 09 -12 - MISSING PERSON Flyer.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 25
Does the Family of Ann Marie have a website? In the one news report it said she made a phone call to the school. One of her last calls that morning. Do we know if one of the kids got sick and needed to come home from school? Her cell phone ended up back at the house, so I assume she went back at some point after she left her job.

Who is raising the children?

Authorities treating missing woman’s case as homicide; husband key suspect

BEATRICE -- Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour said he now is treating the 2008 disappearance of Ann Marie Kelley as a homicide investigation and her husband, William Kelley, as the key suspect.

At a court hearing Thursday, Ritnour said his office has been treating the case as a homicide investigation for a while now, but he didn't disclose that until Thursday morning because he was forced by circumstances to do so. He said no new evidence has surfaced in the case.
Meanwhile, William Kelley was sentenced in 2009 to 16 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to two counts of intentional child abuse, two counts of being a felon in possession of a weapon and one charge of falsifying a handgun application.

The couple's four children are living with relatives.

At Thursday's hearing, Todd Lancaster, the attorney for William Kelley, asked Gage County District Judge Daniel Bryan Jr. to order that evidence seized in the Ann Marie Kelley case be returned to William Kelley.

Ritnour said Lancaster's reasoning for wanting the evidence returned to William Kelley was because the case was over.

Ritnour disagreed, saying the case isn't over, but has evolved into a homicide investigation and William Kelley is the key suspect.

"We believe she might be dead," Ritnour said. "So we need to keep the evidence."

Ritnour said the evidence William Kelley requested returned included vehicles, a fishing boat, various VCR tapes and pictures.

Bryan denied Lancaster's motion. The Beatice Daily Sun did not attend the hearing and talked only to Ritnour. Lancaster declined to comment Friday night.

more here

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_f1b3c8ba-12cf-11df-8db0-001cc4c03286.html

Sounds like Spamelope's theory is a good one - based on what WK's co-worker claims WK said about hiding a vehicle.

Husband of missing Kelley denied return of evidence
By Luke Nichols/Daily Sun staff writer
Friday, Feb 05, 2010 - 10:05:17 am CST

The whereabouts of Ann Marie Kelley has changed from a missing person investigation to a homicide investigation.

At a hearing Thursday morning, Todd Lancaster, the attorney for Ann Marie’s husband William Kelley, appeared in court to ask for evidence in the Ann Marie Kelley case to be returned to William Kelley.

Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour said Lancaster’s reasoning for wanting the evidence returned to William Kelley was because the case was over.

Ritnour disagreed with the claim, saying the case isn’t over, but has rather evolved into a homicide investigation and William Kelley is the key suspect.

“We believe she might be dead,” Ritnour said. “So we need to keep the evidence.”

Ritnour said the evidence the defense requested included vehicles, a fishing boat and various VCR tapes and pictures.

District Judge Daniel Bryan Jr. denied Lancaster’s motion to give the evidence back.
The affidavits also contained information from conversations law enforcement officials had last week with former co-workers with William Kelley at Filley Custom Powder coating.

One former co-worker told Investigator Tina Vath that he worked with Kelley from July 15, 2007, to Aug. 9, 2007, and heard Kelley make comments about killing his wife.

Heidbrink later interviewed the co-worker, who said one day Kelley came in to work early and told him he was frustrated because he was low on money and was fighting with his wife all the time. In addition, according to the document, Kelley said he liked to fish and there were places he knew of deep enough to get a vehicle into and no one would be able to find it.

Other former co-workers said they overheard Kelley complaining about his wife spending too much money and said he often had a temper and could be easily rattled.

Since Ann Marie Kelley’s disappearance, William Kelley has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for separate charges unrelated to the Ann Marie case. Those charges include child abuse, two counts of felon in possession of a firearm and providing false information on a firearm application.

more here - including more details on the last day she was seen...the entire article is worthy of posting

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2010/02/07/news/local/doc4b6c401321b54967521403.txt?orss=1

Does anyone know if there are any lakes or sand pits around the Filley area? It's one thing for Kelley to be missing but her mini van too? That's too big to bury unless her husband had access to big machinery and knew how to operate it. It's either in the water or in some old barn out in the country. Have they done any foot or 4 wheeler searches in the Filley vicinity? It's been awhile since I have read this thread so I don't recall if they ever did a search.

Thanks, TexasMist.:blushing: There have been numerous searches in the area, Teresa. Both on land and in the water. I called TES back in Sept. but they will only do searches if they get a request from LE or the family, and I'm neither. There are a bunch of reservoirs and lakes within just a few miles of Filley, but William had a lot of time between 10 am and 6:40 to have driven a considerable distance. I think he used the excuse that there was a problem with the kids to lure Ann out of work. I think it's hinky that even though she called the school, no one admits to talking to her. While it's been published who she called, we don't know who called her. I think she probably went home to change before meeting with the school, and that's why her cell phone was there. That or after he killed her, Wm wasn't about to let a good phone go to waste and grabbed it. Ann's family has the kids from what I recall. As far as I know, there is no website for her. It's a shame. I pray they find Ann so her children have closure, and so Wm can be charged. That guy needs to be in prison forever. And then some.

This entire case has seemed kind of bizarre from the beginning. Wm's story never really fit. I also find it strange that Ann called the school and no one says they talked to her. Maybe her incoming calls are clues that aren't being published or they were erased by Wm. I wonder if Ann's family knows about the investigative sources that are available?

Why is this case so quiet? Maybe it is the length of time that Ann Marie has been missing? There just has to be answers out there! Someone that is local should reach her family and let them know that there IS help out there for them.

http://www.gage-ne-sheriff.us/ann_marie_kelley

MISSING PERSON

Ann Marie Riekenberg / Kelley
Investigative Case #: 2008-1891
Click on an image for a larger version
Missing April 15, 2008 from Filley, NE
Born:08-21-1971Gender:FemaleHeight:5' 4"Weight:125-130 lbsEyes:BlueHair:Auburn/Red/BrownRace:WhiteIdentifying Marks:3" Scar Right calf
The last publicly confirmed sighting of Ann was at approximately 8:25 am on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 in the Beatrice, Nebraska Area.
Ann is believed to be driving her Dark Gray Wood Panel 1991 Plymouth Voyager Mini-Van, Nebraska License 3-A8045
Anyone having information regarding Ann Marie Kelley should contact the Gage County Sheriff's Office at 402-223-5222 Ext. 207 or Beatrice Crime Stoppers at 402-228-4343.
Media questions should be addressed to the Public Information Officer at the Gage County Attorney's Office at 402-223-1344.

I just read the news articles about Ann Marie Kelley.

What strikes me the most is the absence of any comment by her family.
None.
It is hard for me to imagine that after nearly two years no one in her family has anything to say.
No one made a web site, a myspace page, a FB page.
No one made any comment to any reporter.

Does the family know something we do not?
Do they know Ann is okay? That she left for reasons
they know about.
I am making an assumption that the children are with
her family and not his family.

The note she left was for her children saying how much she loves them.
If I were going grocery shopping and then to work, I don't think
I would leave a note for my children saying I love you, along with my cell phone.

Did Ann just walk away? Or run away in this case?
She did talk to her mom that morning before she disappeared.

Did the police just call this case a possible homicide to keep the husband
from getting any of the items seized back?

I hope Ann has left with good reason, her family knows about it,
and now that her husband has been sentenced to prison, can come back home.

I just read the news articles about Ann Marie Kelley.

What strikes me the most is the absence of any comment by her family.
None.
It is hard for me to imagine that after nearly two years no one in her family has anything to say.
No one made a web site, a myspace page, a FB page.
No one made any comment to any reporter.

Does the family know something we do not?
Do they know Ann is okay? That she left for reasons
they know about.
I am making an assumption that the children are with
her family and not his family.

The note she left was for her children saying how much she loves them.
If I were going grocery shopping and then to work, I don't think
I would leave a note for my children saying I love you, along with my cell phone.

Did Ann just walk away? Or run away in this case?
She did talk to her mom that morning before she disappeared.

Did the police just call this case a possible homicide to keep the husband
from getting any of the items seized back?

I hope Ann has left with good reason, her family knows about it,
and now that her husband has been sentenced to prison, can come back home.

I have no doubt Ann's husband killed her IMO. Filley is a very rural and a very small town. (I think there is a reservoir near by too) I wonder if they have ever tried checking that area out? Her family may not even own a computer or know how to use one. I am not sure of the situation concerning them. I also wonder if they have kept quiet because they are afraid of their son in-law?? It sounds like he has lots of issues. I do believe this case will be solved and hopefully soon!!

County Attorney Suspects Husband May Have Killed Anne Marie Kelley

BEATRICE, Neb. --
Gage County authorities have intensified their investigation into a missing person’s case. Anne Marie Kelley, of Filley, disappeared without a trace nearly two years ago.

Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour has called in national consultants to help find out what happened to the mother of four. He said he believes Kelley’s husband may have killed her.
http://www.ketv.com/newsarchive/22507735/detail.html

Anne Marie Kelley is still missing.

More information should be available about this case even though it has been almost 2 years since she disappeared.

She has children who need their Mom.

Messages of hope

67229d86-490a-11df-8c10-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Friends of the missing Ann Marie Kelley gathered at Chautauqua Park Thursday night for a candlelight vigil. It was the two year anniversary of her disappearance.

b8949c0a-490a-11df-b1fd-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

2acfd4de-490a-11df-81c2-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

At the end of the vigil, everybody released a white balloon into the sky with a personal message for Ann Marie Kelley written on it. Rob Sandersfeld (pictured), lead investigator for the case, wrote a message that said, “Ann Kelley, please come home.”

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/search/?l=50&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&q=anne+marie+kelley

364ac074-483a-11df-9315-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Officials inspect an area of interest Tuesday morning during a
search for Ann Marie Kelley, who has been missing since 2008. Pictured from left are Gage County Deputy Attorney Paul Payne, Chief Deputy Sheriff Doug Klaus, County Attorney Randall Ritnour and lead investigator Rob Sandersfeld.

6a8a942c-483a-11df-8b58-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Officials have once again begun searching the former property
Ann Marie Kelley, which is about three miles east and two miles north of Filley. About 40 volunteer searchers joined officials from the County Sheriff’s Department, the County Attorney’s office and neighboring sheriff’s and fire departments.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/search/?l=50&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&q=anne+marie+kelley

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back