WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they can go back and watch other days to see how she walked to her car, to me she was holding her arm funny, jmo

and

what time she did go to school that day and how long
I hope they had someone watch the whole tape to see if anybody was around the car

is it possible she was texting? I know my nieces & nephews text while walking (and pretty much while doing everything else!)

the video's just too far away for me to tell & everytime I try to zoom in, I get kicked back out to another video

or was she carrying a book or ... ?

the way she did a doubletake kinda made me sit up ... but again, I couldn't get in close enough on her face to even see where she was looking

ETA: to me it does look like she's walking a bit oddly - even being on heels, it looks like she's sorta hobbling on them - perhaps just sore feet from being on them all day?

at the :12 or :13 mark of the video the 4th car on the row at the top of the screen (i think it is a grey minivan), to me someone is in the drivers seat, it looks like the window goes down. can someone please have a look....

wow, you have a keen eye

I did see what looked like possibly a window going down
could it also be just a shadow?

idk - but good catch!

do you have any evidence that he knew Mackenzie?
that he was her boyfriend? that he threatened her? that they fought? anything at all?

I just find it incredible that people would want to think a kid is a murderer or even the fact that people think he is 'disturbed' because of some poems

is there more to this that only locals know of? there must be right? does his family have a bad reputation around town? are there other murderers in his family? does he have a criminal record? has he been a suspect in other crimes???

there's got to be more! or else we might as well just start arresting poets and writers everywhere based on the creepiness factor ... geez, stephen king would be in prison for life ... how 'bout edgar allan poe ... there's too many to even think of ... including me!

the poem about a guy named bob - it says right in there near the end that bob's story is an allegory

an allegory is basically a metaphor, commonly used in writing - symbolism that represents something else

this does not mean that this kid or any other person who writes dark stuff could not also be a criminal

but please, can we all look for other ties - any evidence, any crumb ... I'll take a crumb that ties him to this!

anything else, people I'm begging - otherwise I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the dark ages or Iran 2008 or geez, even America during the McCarthy era

I'm not trying to be rude to you phenox01 or anyone else ... we just really need to consider how quickly we will condemn someone and the reasons for that condemnation

and if we have a suspect in mind, we absolutely need to sleuth him - which means looking at more than just one area of his life

that's my rant for the week - sorry so long!

The trail that ties to JO goes like this (though it's been posted before):

1. Sleuthing Mac's MS revealed her screen name as M+J.

2. The WenWorld article confirms her BF is 17

3. Sleuthing Mac's FB revealed him to be the only J name that is 17.

4. Sleuthing him revealed the editred site.

The rest is rumor going around and conjecture based on things that LE said when informed of his writings on this site.

But yes, there is a concrete connection between him and Mac via facebook.

wow, you have a keen eye

I did see what looked like possibly a window going down
could it also be just a shadow?

idk - but good catch!

i thought so too but it starts going down once she is on the screen and I could see a possible arm, move as well

I think we need to resist the urge to try to find something to pin this on JO. As it is often said in science, correlation does not equal causation. Yes, the kid is disturbed but we have no other evidence to tie him to the case. It does a great disservice to try to scare up connections.

I think we need to resist the urge to try to find something to pin this on JO. As it is often said in science, correlation does not equal causation. Yes, the kid is disturbed but we have no other evidence to tie him to the case. It does a great disservice to try to scare up connections.

Yes. If there is a connection it will be discovered by LE as he has been brought to their attention already.

The trail that ties to JO goes like this (though it's been posted before):

1. Sleuthing Mac's MS revealed her screen name as M+J.

2. The WenWorld article confirms her BF is 17

3. Sleuthing Mac's FB revealed him to be the only J name that is 17.

4. Sleuthing him revealed the editred site.

The rest is rumor going around and conjecture based on things that LE said when informed of his writings on this site.

But yes, there is a concrete connection between him and Mac via facebook.

I realize that - I've been here since the beginning - but as we all know, a FB friend doesn't even have to be someone we know in real life. Many of her other 'friends' on there don't seem to be too broken up about her death. And he has over 300 on his so how many does he know personally? Then we have two other J's who are rumoured to either know her or date her and who don't appear on her FB but there are other connections via FB. Like you or someone else said, six degrees of separation in Wenatchee.

Arggh, I'm just frustrated right now. Watching the videos always upsets me and yet I do it every time. :banghead:

Yes, it's very weird. Liz sent me a link late last night. I thought the same as you, it's almost an indictment against his parents for him being the way he is.

But that said, law enforcement is aware of him and if he has any connection to this case they are continually monitoring him.

I just don't want it to turn out this kid is really considering what's in the content. KWIM?

The only reason I brought it to the forum's attention was the content was very disturbing to me (due to the nature of his previous work) and I wanted to make sure other eyes saw it and could contact whoever they would need to if they thought there was more to it than just writing. (sorry for the uber-long sentence :)) That's all.

The only reason I brought it to the forum's attention was the content was very disturbing to me (due to the nature of his previous work) and I wanted to make sure other eyes saw it and could contact whoever they would need to if they thought there was more to it than just writing. (sorry for the uber-long sentence :)) That's all.

There's no problem with bringing it to the attention of the forum, but it really seems like there are some people out there who want it to be this kid because of his writing. As girlfawkes said, it's been reported to the cops and they're watching him. If he's involved, it's already in the right hands. Speculating further could only make a situation worse if he's not involved (it gets out that someone thinks it's him, he goes into a deep depression and/or acts out).

Something I don't think anyone wants to see.

Hey, all. Just found a vid in which the "brodie" marks can be pretty clearly seen. I had wondered if they could just be regular tracks but they sure look like 360 brodies to me. Probably unrelated to the case (IMO) but thought ya'll might like to see it. They can be best seen @ 1:22.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9eZDVFdvM

There are also very good shots of the property in this video.

ETA- It actually looks like tracks made from a cycle to me, in a figure 8 pattern. Not anything made by a car or truck?

revenge or avarice is the motivation in this crime. moo. I bet there will be a trail to follow and it could be perhaps hidden in media...

I am cheering for LE... figure it out (and also consider some consultants from the age range of which you are investigating... if you are happening to read here and want a little advice)

moo

(I think most answers can be found this way... moo)

Hmmm. Anybody have any ideas what the curved white things are at the lower right in the shot with the brodies? Fire pit?

Not that I specifically think it's related, but I do have to wonder if this was a party spot recently. I would think they would find evidence if that was the case- pop and beer cans, cig butts, ect...

I feel dumb asking this question. I did google it first and came up with nothing, but meanings for the child name brody.

What are brodies? I'm assuming they are tire marks in the dirt/grass like ruts.

Hmmm. Anybody have any ideas what the curved white things are at the lower right in the shot with the brodies? Fire pit?

Not that I specifically think it's related, but I do have to wonder if this was a party spot recently. I would think they would find evidence if that was the case- pop and beer cans, cig butts, ect...

Girlfawkes,

What you're probably looking at is what used to be a water feature. The previous owners had put in a small pond on the front edge of the property. It had palm trees and everything. I'm not sure if it still holds water but I think that may be what you're talking about.

Seattle

I feel dumb asking this question. I did google it first and came up with nothing, but meanings for the child name brody.

What are brodies? I'm assuming they are tire marks in the dirt/grass like ruts.

LOL, it must be a semi local colloquialism because all the locals know what it means :)

Yup, your guess is precisely right.

Girlfawkes,

What you're probably looking at is what used to be a water feature. The previous owners had put in a small pond on the front edge of the property. It had palm trees and everything. I'm not sure if it still holds water but I think that may be what you're talking about.

Seattle

Oh, I bet you're right. I did see pics of that IIRC in one of the listings and I think it was white and curved. Thanks!

Girlfawkes,

Seattle

Oops - I correct myself.

I was looking at the shot RIGHT before the brodie marks. There is some white stones or something in the background, behind the cars. Upon a second look, I see what you're talking about.

I agree, it DOES look like some sort of fire pit.

Interesting.

Oops - I correct myself.

I was looking at the shot RIGHT before the brodie marks. There is some white stones or something in the background, behind the cars. Upon a second look, I see what you're talking about.

I agree, it DOES look like some sort of fire pit.

Interesting.

Oh, OK. LOL. Well, maybe it is a fire pit.

Hi all, I'm new to this thread but have read all of your brilliant posts.
The sense I get is that it Mackenzie left beauty school to perhaps get a coffee or something - in other words, beauty school wasn't over for the day and she just stepped out for a break. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. Regardless, however, it's a possibility that her killer was parked in a car in the vicinity of the school waiting for her to leave. If he (assuming it's a he at this point) wasn't captured on the beauty school's parking lot's camera, could he be caught on another camera of a neighboring business? Hopefully... I'm sure LE is gathering any neighboring cameras in order to create a wider 'picture' of what was going on and who and what vehicles were around when she was leaving. I just think someone waiting for her to leave and then following her and pulling in behind her somewhere else is more likely than a random meeting, and apparently her cell phone left no hints as to a planned meeting.
As far as JO goes, I agree with LadyL. His poems are very dark, but then again he is 17! I wrote some pretty morbid poetry as well at that age. For a lot of 17-year olds, everything is dramatic and for some of them the world is viewed as a very dark place; 'me against them', so to speak. I honestly think JO is just an aspiring poet working out some of his emotions on paper (or computer screen, more accurately). And yes, some of the lines in his poem can be read to be taken as being coincidental to events in a murder or death, but a lot of poetry is like that - you read into it whatever you are thinking about/looking for at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu