The Ring/Jewelry

Certainly possible. But, if it was a bribe from the alleged kidnappers, they probably would have given her a woman's ring. She seems to be all about things (and not humans.) Whether she was going to attempt to cash it in or not, she'd probably prefer something beautiful to her eyes.
She also seems to think she's the smartest fish in the tank. Maybe she thought she'd fool the police if she "hid" her most precious possession ring in her pocket. Sheer brilliance! (Not.)

I hate to point out the obvious...but they can't find the ring...(maybe). So it may have worked to a point.

Jan 18 visit. Video of interview as he leaves jail. No mention of ring.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22268993/index.html

Do we know if the Grandfather has had any visits to EJ since this video? I only remember the reports on this one, but I have not looked thoroughly.

If he has not, is he alleged to have picked up the cash and the ring at this visit?

When he walks out of the jail in this video, he is holding some papers in his hands. I've never visited someone in jail, so I don't know if you get papers of some kind just for visiting, but those papers he's holding could be a copy of a property receipt he signed.

If he picked up only cash and a ring, those would be small enough to just put in the pocket of his pants to carry.

Personally, I think LE knows exactly where the ring is, and doesn't want the public to know. They've been keeping so much close to vest as long as possible, that I think this is an issue they'd rather just leave us scratching our heads on.

IMHO, I don't think that EJ would have gotten rid of the ring, even if it was very valuable. Since she was so adamant about wanting to hurt LM, I think she would have kept it just to look at it as a memento about how much she hurt him.

Do we know if the Grandfather has had any visits to EJ since this video? I only remember the reports on this one, but I have not looked thoroughly.

If he has not, is he alleged to have picked up the cash and the ring at this visit?

When he walks out of the jail in this video, he is holding some papers in his hands. I've never visited someone in jail, so I don't know if you get papers of some kind just for visiting, but those papers he's holding could be a copy of a property receipt he signed.
If he picked up only cash and a ring, those would be small enough to just put in the pocket of his pants to carry.

BBM. I've never actually visited someone in jail either, but I HAVE put money on someone's books before. And you do get a receipt for that. That may have been what GF was holding in the video. JMO

Well, I give up. I scoured 2 full threads post by post. I then did a search for the word "ring" in threads 11 through 18, as well as many different search strings on Gabriel's entire sub-forum, and I came up with NOTHING about the ring being from EJ's GM.
At this point, I am choosing to ignore that info. In all reality, I don't believe it was her GM's anyway. Logan has said that he never saw the ring in the two years he lived with her. While a ring of that value would probably not be worn often, I'm sure she may have worn it for special occasions at least. After all, she was "really into fashion".

I've now watched every video and read every article in the media thread for Jan 18 and Jan 19, and a few for Jan 20, and I've found nothing that says he picked up the ring, and nothing about the ring being from the grandmother.

My thoughts on the ring are that LE has the ring. Ej asked GF to pick it up. This pointed out its existance to them... they looked at it again and became suspicious. They kept it close to the vest until now.... there is a purpose for exposing this. Maybe a nudge to the public for tips... maybe they KNOW where the ring came from? But need witnesses?

Well, I give up. I scoured 2 full threads post by post. I then did a search for the word "ring" in threads 11 through 18, as well as many different search strings on Gabriel's entire sub-forum, and I came up with NOTHING about the ring being from EJ's GM.
At this point, I am choosing to ignore that info. In all reality, I don't believe it was her GM's anyway. Logan has said that he never saw the ring in the two years he lived with her. While a ring of that value would probably not be worn often, I'm sure she may have worn it for special occasions at least. After all, she was "really into fashion".

I concur! I give up too on finding previous statements about the ring. My head hurts and I agree it doesn't really matter if someone said it was the grandmas ring. What are the odds of her grandma owning a 20-30k ring anyway? I was really just hoping to hear an explanation from the grandfather about the ring. I also can't watch one more video of her grandfather! He drives me crazy-"that baby"..."Baby Gabriel"-as in a headline....that's his grandbaby!!! He shows no emotion what so ever for Gabriel. Sorry..rant. One too many videos-no results..

This is interesting. Listen to Michael Board. Over and over he's asking where Eliz got the money for shopping etc when she got to Miami Beach.

Even more interesting, he says he talked to a commander on the investigation, and the commander asked where Eliz got the money.

But... NO mention of the ring.

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/01/11/ng.missing.baby.cnn[/ame]

Good point! That would explain the connection to Miami but would she give up Gabriel first without payment?
Yes, I think she would because they both have something to go to the police with. So if the alleged adoptive couple or single person double crossed her, she would have nothing to lose to turn them in.

Yes, I think she would because they both have something to go to the police with. So if the alleged adoptive couple or single person double crossed her, she would have nothing to lose to turn them in.

Except her freedom, reputation, criminal record, etc etc etc. You can't turn someone in under those circumstances without incriminating yourself, and the other person knows it.

Except her freedom, reputation, criminal record, etc etc etc. You can't turn someone in under those circumstances without incriminating yourself, and the other person knows it.
True. But what if she could have blown the whole illegal adoption business wide open by telling she didn't receive her ring, I think that is a great motivation to pay up. I don't think EJ cares about much of anything.

This was an earlier video, but watching TS twiddle her expensive wedding band grabbed my attn.....again, I grasp at straws too, and this is the only moment I've even considered TS may have been the owner of that ruby ring.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22214934/index.html
at 2:52 into the clip

This was an earlier video, but watching TS twiddle her expensive wedding band grabbed my attn.....again, I grasp at straws too, and this is the only moment I've even considered TS may have been the owner of that ruby ring.

When TS and JS took their polygraph, do you think they were asked if they had owned the ring or knew anything about the ring?

When TS and JS took their polygraph, do you think they were asked if they had owned the ring or knew anything about the ring?

Oh I wish we could get a copy of those questions....though, I have a feeling even the basic questions were inconclusive...seeing as how they don't seem to know how long they've been together and such. :crazy:

I do not see how its possible that LE gave the 20-30k ring to the grandfather after appraising the value. I do think EJ could of had more that just the one ring. If she asked her grandfather to come pick up the ring and the $300, he could of picked up a casual ring and the $300 this explaining why he doesn't know anything about the diamond/ruby ring. LE would still have the diamond/ruby ring in evidence if this is the case. I believe I read Elizabeth told her grandfather it was an expensive ring. EJ could of not known that they had her 20-30k ring entered in as evidence.

And strangely enough in her last and only recent photo posted on febr 14/2010 she is not wearing the ring.......you'd think that especially on their 10-year anniversary she'd wear it <?>

I can link however the photo has H in it and is taken on the outside deck of their new house.

He had never seen the 3 cell phones in the trailer either, but again, that's a bit different. Logan's family has known Eliz since junior high school. I know if I had a $20k ruby/diamond ring, I'd show it to *everybody*.

You know, I wouldn't. And haven't. Reading this thread made me realize I have four fairly valuable family rings and some other pieces my husband of 15 years has never seen. I don't wear them, they are in boxes in a jewelry box in a safe, but, I know he has never been in that. Weird. I think I will show them to him tomorrow. The only people that would know I have them are my mother.

Since someone mentioned she had it in her pocket when arrested, maybe she never wore it either.

ETA - I also realized in reading this thread this jewelry is not on our homeowners, so thanks you all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back