GUILTY TX - Luis Valenzuela & Robin Palafos for starving 4yo girl, San Antonio, 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
The boyfriend didn't want to feed the little girl because she wasn't his. The mom therefore didn't feed her because she didn't want to argue with her boyfriend.

Parents Arrested: 4-year daughter weighs just 23 pounds
Last Update: 6:28 pm

A mother and her boyfriend are accused of not feeding her 4-year-old daughter. Police say the little girl weighs only 23-pounds. The couple is now behind bars.

According to the arrest affidavits, Luis Valenzuela and Robin Palafos only fed the little girl cereal once a day or sometimes macaroni and cheese. Police she was so malnourished she was the size of a one-year-old.

Officers were tipped off by someone in a doctor's office who noticed the girl was frail had sores on her hips and could see her bones.

“The child appeared to be very hungry, and the nurse gave her a sandwich, which she ate very fast, according to the report, and had an empty sippy cup,” explained Sgt. Matt Porter from the San Antonio Police Department.

According the affidavit the mom was afraid to get into an argument with her boyfriend about feeding the baby, so she didn't. The boyfriend says he didn't feed the little girl because the child isn't his.

Article: http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...er-weighs-just-23/JomA4XEvFUGZIGHGA4jvdA.cspx

Video: http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=799837@woai.dayport.com&navCatId=5

I was just reading this at another news site....ugh.

The mother admitted to investigators that there was plenty of food in the home and Valenzuela said he did not feel like feeding the girl because she was not his child.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_1312.shtml

MALNOURISHED%20BABY_De9tr.jpg

I wonder how Valenzuela "feels" about being cuffed & locked up. :furious:

It looks to me as the couple ate very well, in fact well enough that the "Mother" could have easily given her daughter one of her meals each day.

Thankfully they at least brought her to the clinic! I hope this "Mother" is never allowed to have responsibility for her daughter again!

Ugg is right. Maybe we can all refuse to feed the ? After all, its our tax dollars and he isn't our kid. How mean. Why are people so darn mean? Just because they can be, right?

Salem

this is not meant to be offensive to overweight people, but it seems in a lot of these child starvation cases, the parents do appear to be lacking of food

I don't post here at all, but I do read daily. Based on the huge number of horrible acts against children that are here I don't know what to do. Reading about it is just becoming a daily ritual I wish I didn't have to do, what can we do? Ranting about funding or supervision is fine, but how do we promote change? I'm Canadian, so what can I do up here? Enough is ENOUGH. How many dead children are listed on the first page of this forum? One too many, that's how much.

I don't post here at all, but I do read daily. Based on the huge number of horrible acts against children that are here I don't know what to do. Reading about it is just becoming a daily ritual I wish I didn't have to do, what can we do? Ranting about funding or supervision is fine, but how do we promote change? I'm Canadian, so what can I do up here? Enough is ENOUGH. How many dead children are listed on the first page of this forum? One too many, that's how much.

all too many is more like it.

I swear if I was in charge I would put those 2 's in a cell and never feed or water them again.Neither one of them should ever be allowed to have or be around children again.What a sickening sight they both are.

I really am all for starting a letter campaign to the Sheriff/Chief and the Judge in the jurisdiction of these POSs and telling them they may NOT use my tax dollars to feed the scum. Then all the letters can be collected and presented during the sentencing hearing. The POSs go to jail - but get only mac & cheese 1 time per day because the tax payers DON'T want to feed their scummy arses.

Salem

I am so glad that someone stepped up and did the right thing. Praying that this baby recovers and gets placed with a real family. Hope that the 's that did this get some heavy time and not slaps on the wrist.

i just have no words, just dont understand

Police say couple admits feeding girl just barely

Express-News article. Not much new here.
---
Palafos told police Valenzuela ordered her to feed her daughter only cereal and only once a day. She obeyed because she didn't want to start an argument and was afraid her fiance would leave, the affidavit says.
---
Valenzuela denied the accusation and told police he did not feed the girl because it was not his place to interfere with how Palafos raised her child. He told police he was “not a responsible person and should not have children,” the affidavit says.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...le_admits_to_not_feeding_4-year-old_girl.html

But, but, but...what?

I'll be honest, I can't imagine anyone telling me not to feed my child. But, how can any person just say, "Okay, I won't feed her. I just don't feel like the fight today."

Crap, I'm starting to feel like the minority for never letting an abusive man come into my life and turn me into an abuser. Too bad we can't actually sterilize him to make sure that he never does have kids of his own.
Why would a woman with kids date a man that isn't responisble enough to have kids...and admits it?

I really am all for starting a letter campaign to the Sheriff/Chief and the Judge in the jurisdiction of these POSs and telling them they may NOT use my tax dollars to feed the scum. Then all the letters can be collected and presented during the sentencing hearing. The POSs go to jail - but get only mac & cheese 1 time per day because the tax payers DON'T want to feed their scummy arses.

Salem

And only if the mac and cheese is made with out dated milk!

The mother's myspace shows her talking about them selling their car. They were worried that they weren't doing the right thing for selling it in payments..."the right thing."

I could just spit.

http://www.myspace.com/463230488

this is not meant to be offensive to overweight people, but it seems in a lot of these child starvation cases, the parents do appear to be lacking of food

I agree -- in a photo in one of the articles cited, the mother looks like she is quite well fed. How dare she limit the food she gives her daughter because the man in her life doesn't want to feed the little girl. No man takes importance over your own child. Shame, shame on her.

Her MS page claims "they" have 2 girls but the pics that are visible seem to be of an older girl who looks healthy..........I hope she is safe too as if Mom didnt want to argue over denying food would she want to argue over the BF molesting her daughters?Doubt it.

Clearly this creature is so desperate to be loved & wanted that she would sacrifice her child -she needs to be sterilized imo as I dont think any amount of therapy can fix such deep emotional issues.
He's a pig no doubt & needs to be punished but ,and as Ive said before in similar cases,the Mother needs equal IF NOT HARSHER punishment.

I wish they would only get fed cereal once a day while behind bars so they can see how it feels.

Praying this so called mother never gets custody of this little girl again. So thankful the little girl was taken before it was too late. I just don't get all the mothers that put men before their babies!

Some parents are so wrong on so many levels, and I'll never understand how they do these horrific things to there own flesh and blood. Thankfully this child now has a chance and will be getting all the food and drinks she wants and attention and love she deserves. As for the mom not wanting to get an argument, she should a kicked his butt out the door the 1st time she seen he didn't care about her child. But she chose him over her baby, there both sick and twisted in the mind.

I am an overweight person, and I KNOW how I got this way lol, I'm not going to feign sensitivity or insult by remarks on the FACT these two slimeballs OBVIOUSLY stuff their faces with rich foods more or less constantly . . . starving a helpless child while INDULGING themselves.

The woman obviously believes keeping her man is more important than anything, including the life of her child. This is part or symptom of a personality disorder I do NOT believe will change with parenting classes and the rest of the hoops CPS demands people jump through. I hope and pray the child(ren) find love and unrestricted nutrition far, far away from such disgusting excuses for a mother and her cruel and abusive choice of "boyfriend".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back