Misty admits why she and Ron got married!

WillenFan21

Reaction score
This discussed a lot on this board with people wondering WHY they got married. I thought that it should go in its own thread so people can see it. Misty admitted to the undercover cop why she and Ron got married.

Croslin says she and Cummings had talked about getting married before Haleigh vanished. Afterward, she says there was worry Cummings would face molestation charges because she was 16 when she started seeing him and the two married but divorced soon afterward. Now, she said, she would wait longer in a relationship before she would marry. "I'm scared of 'I love you,'" she says.

FROM: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100223/ARTICLES/2231010/1002

This discussed a lot on this board with people wondering WHY they got married. I thought that it should go in its own thread so people can see it. Misty admitted to the undercover cop why she and Ron got married.

Croslin says she and Cummings had talked about getting married before Haleigh vanished. Afterward, she says there was worry Cummings would face molestation charges because she was 16 when she started seeing him and the two married but divorced soon afterward. Now, she said, she would wait longer in a relationship before she would marry. "I'm scared of 'I love you,'" she says.

FROM: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100223/ARTICLES/2231010/1002

Molestation charges......wouldn't it be more like Statutory Rape charges?

Did it say who was worried? Was it RC, GGS, TN....or did she say there was some worry? I think this would be important to note because it is becoming apparent that there are those around Ronald who were worried about appearances, more specifically, the way Ronald appeared to others...such as DCF, etc...etc...

IF those around him were once again counseling RC to marry Misty because of the underage issue, then that just falls in line with the rest of the lies that were offered up to the media that Misty was a saint. Okay not a saint but, you get my meaning, I hope. I really thought that RC married Misty to keep her from leaving Florida but I have no problem admitting that i was wrong....that is for sure. What I want to know is...gosh, I don't even know what I want to know anymore.....

ETA.....Yes I do know what I want to know! Where the heck is Haleigh!

"Now, she said, she would wait longer in a relationship before she would marry. "I'm scared of 'I love you,'" she says."

I thought she had just recently had his name tattooed on her body? :waitasec: It seems a little contradictory. MOO

In the above article.............. She keeps chatting, saying how she and Cummings now are friends. But, she says, "He's regretting divorcing me."
I wonder if he told mama this and his NEW galpal????

Well, a lot of us pretty much had that figured out months ago. However.... I kind of had the idea that there has to be a complaint filed by the parents of the underage girl before they could do anything about it. Seems like her parents had no objections to her moving in with him, so... unless somebody had tipped off LE about it, more than likely those charges would never have come about. IIRC, Crystal didn't even know how old she was at the time, since they had only been together a few months before Haleigh went missing.
Just my thoughts.

Well, a lot of us pretty much had that figured out months ago. However.... I kind of had the idea that there has to be a complaint filed by the parents of the underage girl before they could do anything about it. Seems like her parents had no objections to her moving in with him, so... unless somebody had tipped off LE about it, more than likely those charges would never have come about. IIRC, Crystal didn't even know how old she was at the time, since they had only been together a few months before Haleigh went missing.
Just my thoughts.
I recall MC had been on her own, so to speak, living here and there for quite some time before she moved in with RC and doubt anybody cared then. But when HaLeigh disappeared, well then, the national media was all over the age discrepency and so LE could be too ~ and therein lies the sudden marriage. MOO

Alrighty then....Misty has told us why they got married. Now, I have a question....

Why did they get a divorce?

I've read the theories about RC not wanting to share the ill-gotten proceeds, etc. I'm more inclined to believe that DCF would not allow Junior to be in Misty's care. (I've thought this since she started the disappearing acts months ago). Getting a divorce makes no sense to me anyway I look at it unless that's the only way RC could retain custody of Junior. MOO

Alrighty then....Misty has told us why they got married. Now, I have a question....

Why did they get a divorce?

I've read the theories about RC not wanting to share the ill-gotten proceeds, etc. I'm more inclined to believe that DCF would not allow Junior to be in Misty's care. (I've thought this since she started the disappearing acts months ago). Getting a divorce makes no sense to me anyway I look at it unless that's the only way RC could retain custody of Junior. MOO
and i believe crystal s got custody of junior awhile back, didnt she? i would believe that someone had ronald spooked about misty being so young and maybe thats part of why he married her. i still believe he married her partly because he was afraid if he didnt she would take a powder and he might never know what happened to haleigh. i dont think these drug transactions he made prove that he knows what happened to his daughter. from what i understand, when haleigh went missing ronald was straight and trying to work and provide for his family. i beleive he had cut all those ties and was trying to do the right thing. i doubt he even knew how deep misty was into it. but once haleigh was gone and junior gone to crystal, he reverted to what he knew in the past because why not? he already lost all the reasons he was working to stay right. jmho

and i believe crystal s got custody of junior awhile back, didnt she? i would believe that someone had ronald spooked about misty being so young and maybe thats part of why he married her. i still believe he married her partly because he was afraid if he didnt she would take a powder and he might never know what happened to haleigh. i dont think these drug transactions he made prove that he knows what happened to his daughter. from what i understand, when haleigh went missing ronald was straight and trying to work and provide for his family. i beleive he had cut all those ties and was trying to do the right thing. i doubt he even knew how deep misty was into it. but once haleigh was gone and junior gone to crystal, he reverted to what he knew in the past because why not? he already lost all the reasons he was working to stay right. jmho

Crystal gained custody of Jr. about a month ago.. There was an emergency hearing right after Ron C was arrested...In reference to everything else you have posted concerning Ronald Cummings, I respectully but wholeheartedly disagree..JMO

BBM

Ron lost Jr as a direct result of his "business" dealings. Crystal did not get custody until after he was busted, and I think that Jr is much better off where he is now. His father was planning to pick him up from school after buying 200 pain pills, I don't think he was very concerned for his son's safety.

Did it say who was worried? Was it RC, GGS, TN....or did she say there was some worry? I think this would be important to note because it is becoming apparent that there are those around Ronald who were worried about appearances, more specifically, the way Ronald appeared to others...such as DCF, etc...etc...

IF those around him were once again counseling RC to marry Misty because of the underage issue, then that just falls in line with the rest of the lies that were offered up to the media that Misty was a saint. Okay not a saint but, you get my meaning, I hope. I really thought that RC married Misty to keep her from leaving Florida but I have no problem admitting that i was wrong....that is for sure. What I want to know is...gosh, I don't even know what I want to know anymore.....

ETA.....Yes I do know what I want to know! Where the heck is Haleigh!

I really admire you for admitting that you were misled by some of the interviews, articles, comments, etc made by the C & C. You are not alone by any means. We all want to look for the best in people (I'm the one feeling sorry for Hank Sr. and we will probably learn that he tortures puppies when he isn't busy making little kittens cry) and they let us down sometimes. I'm impressed by your honesty.

I bet you never make kittens cry, either.

I think if they had given Misty more time with the undercover cop, we might have learned a lot more truths. He really caused her to open up.

Oooo! Maybe he should visit her in jail under a pretense (I couldn't tell you before that I adore you and want you to accept my phone minutes and honeybuns as a token of my affection.) Maybe she would talk.

I recall MC had been on her own, so to speak, living here and there for quite some time before she moved in with RC and doubt anybody cared then. But when HaLeigh disappeared, well then, the national media was all over the age discrepency and so LE could be too ~ and therein lies the sudden marriage. MOO

Even with a marriage he still would have faced charges if LE wanted to arrest him.Does anyone know the age of consent in FL?

This is what I was thinking- her parents and his family had no problem with it but when Haleigh disappeared, LE and the state took a lot closer look at the whole situation. Maybe they were scared of what might happen if they continued to live together with her being so young and so decided to get her parents permission and get married so it was "legal".

With all the other things they had going on, it kind of makes me wonder why they bothered with that, but then maybe they thought if they got that out of the way they wouldn't dig too much deeper?

Even with a marriage he still would have faced charges if LE wanted to arrest him.Does anyone know the age of consent in FL?

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

more at link
http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/in....HTM&Title=->2006->Ch0794->Section 05#0794.05

Hi, I think you've got the timetable a little mixed up. Jr. went to live with his mom after Ron was busted for dealing in controlled substance. Ron was dealing while he still had custody of Jr. Not what I call a dad doing the right thing. jmo

This is what I was thinking- her parents and his family had no problem with it but when Haleigh disappeared, LE and the state took a lot closer look at the whole situation. Maybe they were scared of what might happen if they continued to live together with her being so young and so decided to get her parents permission and get married so it was "legal".

With all the other things they had going on, it kind of makes me wonder why they bothered with that, but then maybe they thought if they got that out of the way they wouldn't dig too much deeper?
I do think MC was telling the truth about the reason for the marriage, but I'm more curious about the divorce since it seems they were still together ~ at least in drug dealing and her getting the tattoo and calling him "baby". MOO

They could arrest him but w/o a witness, he doesn't stay long. Everything was in misty's hands. If she wanted to press charges or not. She's done it before, she knows the ropes.

For information, there was a short time when Ron was 25 and she was 16 and he was living with her....not good. Ron married her to save his image....the media and public were ready to bring fire and pitchforks. RC is very concernied about how HE looks. This media thing messed his personal life up and he and IMO his momma cooked up the nuptials.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back