Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh ? #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to know what tribal design Misty had tatted on her back. Since they hadn't been busted yet for selling, I think it might explain something more personal. Has anybody heard? My daughter started going with a guy over 2 years ago, & they had their names tatted onto their bodies. BIG MISTAKE!!! So many things have happened, (all bad), that she should've gotten rid of it a long time ago-but she struggled with that thing more than most people do with a wedding ring. He lied, cheated, used & sold drugs, got into fights, used her car to pick up girls, used her money on girls, let them drive her car, had those girls call & harrass her, & on & on. He recently beat the bleep out her & she got arrested too. That's what finally did it. She got that stinking tattoo covered up last night. But you see how important name tattoos are? I think Ron bought that tattoo to make up for the divorce. He didn't want to lose control. But those 2 are odd. I wonder how much time they actually spent discussing Haleigh or the cover-up. My guess would be, very little. Ron, talking so flippantly to the under cover guy, showed a real callousness, in my opinion, & I think they had really moved on with their lives. Haleigh was just something from the past. But, these arrest have taken care of that, because they're being forced to think about her every day. & that's a very good thing.

LF, have you or any of your neighbors seen TN, GGM, LC or HC around town or heard any rumors? And thanks for your interesting posts.
That's what I want to know. What are the locals saying, & what did his acquaintances think when Haleigh was reported missing? Were they surprised, or did they think they were a family, 'just waiting for a disaster'?

It has been a long time since any phone calls have been released. Maybe the tactic has worked.

I have a feeling the police have a pretty good idea what happened and the players lying about the time line and events only adds more evidence.

I'm not convinced RC is involved. He seems mostly brain damaged from oxy, bi-polar, psycho-drunk. Doesn't know up from down. Coward too.

What do you think they did with her? Are they hiding her out at the farm or with other relatives, or do you think they harmed her?

If I were looking for her on the Sheffield side, I would have to lean towards Kentucky. JMO

My take on this case is this. I came to this theory after watching some old footage on N.G. interviewing Crystal Sheffield, recently, sitting there with i think it was her attorney, can't remember the lady's name. Crystal was talking about R.C's abusive behaviour, and how the children were medicated. This makes me wonder, if on the night in question regarding Haleigh, that if Misty was in no way up to looking after these children, and Haleigh was being a bit naughty, if the call to R.C. about that, when there was mention of punishing Haleigh, that maybe that was his okay to give her some medication to get her to sleep. Perhaps then Misty accidentally O.D'd her, and consequently Haleigh died from that. This would implicate the pair of them in an accidental overdose, they couldn't tell L.E. because they probably would all have been drug tested including Jr. and then they would have been found out about their illegal drug use! I wonder if Misty possibly called R.C. at work to let him know there was an emergency at home, and perhaps he got off work, as in getting a meal break, went home and then the cover up started? He probably had to go back to work, and got Misty to deal with the rest of what had to be done, as in hiding Haleigh's body? Perhaps this is why he made the 20 odd phone calls to Misty, to find out what was happening with all that. I am not sure if Jr. would have been in Misty's care at the time of Haleigh's going missing either. Guess she would have gotten help with Haleigh after the fact, ( disposing of her body?) just another possibility too.
The propping of the door etc. was probably done, to make it look as if an intruder had taken Haleigh, or because of the fact that Haleigh's medication for Turners Syndrome was taken also at the time, it may have been made to look as if someone on the Sheffield side had taken her, knowing about Haleigh's illness. Just something that was done to throw L.E. off the trail that it was in fact Misty and Ron's fault.
I don't know it's such a bizarre case! Just my theory.

Just relistening to the audio on Art Harris' YouTube site. Significant that MC says she will stay locked up "...unless I give them what they want." I would think analysts would take this as a statement that there is definitely something to give, as compared to her saying something like, "unless I come up with something ..." signifying she is empty handed.

The theory that MC's dream of 4 guys is significant if you see it as a sort of guilty Freudian slip (with ruffled lace on the bottom edge!) during her fake hypnosis session with EquiSearch.

My take on this case is this. I came to this theory after watching some old footage on N.G. interviewing Crystal Sheffield, recently, sitting there with i think it was her attorney, can't remember the lady's name. Crystal was talking about R.C's abusive behaviour, and how the children were medicated. This makes me wonder, if on the night in question regarding Haleigh, that if Misty was in no way up to looking after these children, and Haleigh was being a bit naughty, if the call to R.C. about that, when there was mention of punishing Haleigh, that maybe that was his okay to give her some medication to get her to sleep. Perhaps then Misty accidentally O.D'd her, and consequently Haleigh died from that. This would implicate the pair of them in an accidental overdose, they couldn't tell L.E. because they probably would all have been drug tested including Jr. and then they would have been found out about their illegal drug use! I wonder if Misty possibly called R.C. at work to let him know there was an emergency at home, and perhaps he got off work, as in getting a meal break, went home and then the cover up started? He probably had to go back to work, and got Misty to deal with the rest of what had to be done, as in hiding Haleigh's body? Perhaps this is why he made the 20 odd phone calls to Misty, to find out what was happening with all that. I am not sure if Jr. would have been in Misty's care at the time of Haleigh's going missing either. Guess she would have gotten help with Haleigh after the fact, ( disposing of her body?) just another possibility too.
The propping of the door etc. was probably done, to make it look as if an intruder had taken Haleigh, or because of the fact that Haleigh's medication for Turners Syndrome was taken also at the time, it may have been made to look as if someone on the Sheffield side had taken her, knowing about Haleigh's illness. Just something that was done to throw L.E. off the trail that it was in fact Misty and Ron's fault.
I don't know it's such a bizarre case! Just my theory.
Quite a few of us share your theory, Angels. After seeing the way they went after those pills on the UC video and hearing Ron talk about eating pills, I've been stuck on a variation of it. I just wonder how often Haleigh might have seen the adults in her life taking pills. I imagine Ron and Misty being open about their drug use in front of the kids. Haleigh was old enough and smart enough to sense the pills were really important to them.

After her long weekend,Misty would've been tired and cranky, pushing away the kids, trying to keep them engaged in their videos so she wouldn't have to exert any energy. But maybe that wasn't enough for Haleigh that night. Maybe she was resentful that Misty had abandoned them over the weekend. In an effort to gain Misty's attention, she might've grabbed a pill and attempted to run off with it. In the scenario that keeps playing in my head, Misty runs after her, screaming, "Come back here! Gimme that!" But as we've heard, Haleigh could be sassy, so she pops it in her mouth and qyuckly swallows it. One Vicodin or Lortab probably wouldn't have been lethal, and Ron likely had a prescription for one or the other. So they could've reported an accidental overdose. But what if it was oxycontin, a drug we've heard they used. An Oxy80 is about 16x the strength of the above named drugs. They couldn't call 911 for obvious reasons. From that point, our theories dovetail.

But, yeah...*sigh* just another theory.

Quite a few of us share your theory, Angels. After seeing the way they went after those pills on the UC video and hearing Ron talk about eating pills, I've been stuck on a variation of it. I just wonder how often Haleigh might have seen the adults in her life taking pills. I imagine Ron and Misty being open about their drug use in front of the kids. Haleigh was old enough and smart enough to sense the pills were really important to them.

After her long weekend,Misty would've been tired and cranky, pushing away the kids, trying to keep them engaged in their videos so she wouldn't have to exert any energy. But maybe that wasn't enough for Haleigh that night. Maybe she was resentful that Misty had abandoned them over the weekend. In an effort to gain Misty's attention, she might've grabbed a pill and attempted to run off with it. In the scenario that keeps playing in my head, Misty runs after her, screaming, "Come back here! Gimme that!" But as we've heard, Haleigh could be sassy, so she pops it in her mouth and qyuckly swallows it. One Vicodin or Lortab probably wouldn't have been lethal, and Ron likely had a prescription for one or the other. So they could've reported an accidental overdose. But what if it was oxycontin, a drug we've heard they used. An Oxy80 is about 16x the strength of the above named drugs. They couldn't call 911 for obvious reasons. From that point, our theories dovetail.

But, yeah...*sigh* just another theory.

Bessie, Yes, i definitely think the medications had something to do with what happened to Haleigh. Just a feeling, but i sure hope there are some real answers soon, there are so many possibilities with this. It must be very frustrating for L.E. in trying to solve this and find out where little Haleigh is.

Well, this post pretty well sums up my entire feelings and thoughts about this case, Adalena! For what it's worth, I'm making this my POST OF THE DAY. You sure don't pull any punches. I like that in a person.
Everything Ron said and did, including now from his jail cell, has been to cover his role in what happened the night Haleigh went missing. jmo

Thanks for the reply. I'm not inflexible on theories. I think the pill overdose theories have validity. I have some questions along those lines though. I can't get past the sheriff telling Fox news within the first few days there is no signs of anyone being anywhere near the property or in that house who didn't belong there. I believe him. And how did Ron know within a few minutes of learning his dtr was missing that she had been abducted? On the 911 call he said he looked inside the house for her, but he never said he searched outside. Sometimes kids sleepwalk. It could have been possible she could have been wandering down the road or fallen asleep outside. Yet, he never checked and was certain a stranger-intruder had 'stolen' her. He couldn't have known. No one could in that situation.

He told Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren and Geraldo he didn't use drugs and had nothing to do with drugs.

I didn't believe him. The recent drug-sales videos show him to be a wholely dishonest man.

Another thing. Now that she & he are in jail facing serious charges and a long prison term; IF Haleigh's death was accidental and they panicked why not tell the truth for at least the sake of his daughter having a proper burial.

He says he loves his child. Love doesn't act like that in my opinion.

It could be IF it was an accident, they're both too afraid to tell the truth and IF they both know she's deceased they're opting to save themselves rather than to grant her & the rest of the family and Haleigh a final resting place for the poor little dear. Seems to me a jury might take pity on them in their panic state and give them less time for manslaughter. Much less than the felony drug distribution charges they're facing I would think.

Maybe one or both of them might tell the truth about what they know re; Haleigh's being missing once they discover possible lengthy prison sentences they face. I sure hope so. She was a beautiful child and deserves better.

Are you saying you don't expect them to confess about Haleigh?
I don't necessarily expect that either. For instance, if they killed Haleigh what kind of deal can they expect to get? I wouldn't trade drug charges for murder charges.
No I do not believe that Ron or Misty have any further information to give up about HaLeighs abduction.
I have missed y'all! I have been busy with school and family.

What do you think they did with her? Are they hiding her out at the farm or with other relatives, or do you think they harmed her?
I do not know Snookie:waitasec:. I have tried to figure this part out :banghead: LOL.

It is difficult to understand how many believe that (the Croslins) the unsophisticated, uneducated, unconnected individuals they have revealed themselves to be have eluded Florida LE.:waitasec: That is my point it is apparently not uneducated, unsophisticated, unconnected individuals that have committed this crime against HaLeigh.
Please feel free to disagree. Out of all the possibilities of who and what it is fair to assume the Croslins are the answer, but for how long? If a month behind bars detoxing and the pressure that Misty has undergone has not revealed anything of substance and still proclaims innocents, will LE allow a childs abduction case to go cold just to prosocute them on petty drug charges that IMO can and will be plead bargined with and the outcome may not be justice in the end for HaLeigh?

I do not know Snookie:waitasec:. I have tried to figure this part out :banghead: LOL.

It is difficult to understand how many believe that (the Croslins) the unsophisticated, uneducated, unconnected individuals they have revealed themselves to be have eluded Florida LE.:waitasec: That is my point it is apparently not uneducated, unsophisticated, unconnected individuals that have committed this crime against HaLeigh.
Please feel free to disagree. Out of all the possibilities of who and what it is fair to assume the Croslins are the answer, but for how long? If a month behind bars detoxing and the pressure that Misty has undergone has not revealed anything of substance and still proclaims innocents, will LE allow a childs abduction case to go cold just to prosocute them on petty drug charges that IMO can and will be plead bargined with and the outcome may not be justice in the end for HaLeigh?

I guess I'm still missing the connection. How does any of this point to anyone in the Sheffield family, even the most tangential?

I guess I'm still missing the connection. How does any of this point to anyone in the Sheffield family, even the most tangential?
MO it all boils down to motive. The Sheffields behavior since HaLeighs abduction IMO supports the possible motive of illegal change of custody and the facts that this family has intimate knowledge of the area and surrounding counties as far spread as TN and affiliates, connections, and family in these counties and nearby states could defiantly leave a cold trail impossible to follow especially with this families understanding and connections within LE. All of this is just my opinion and I like you am patiently waiting for the truth to be revealed. I only pray that HaLeigh is alive and well and can be reunited with Jr and all else is unimportant to me who suffers or is looked at (with respect and consideration of innocents until proved guilty of course) to gain the truth. I will be shocked and dumbfounded if Misty proves to be the Key to the mystery of HaLeighs abduction. I will not be shocked if LE does not discover or have a confession of the truth from those that commited this crime against HaLeigh and HaLeigh is soon forgotten along with all the other missing children of Florida.

I think the police have the people in jail that they believe committed the crime against Haleigh. Ron is not in jail simply because he got mixed up in the drug dealing and they are putting just as much pressure on him as they are on Misty or Tommy. Releasing those phone calls the players are making is major pressure. Each of the players now know the others have been talking to the detectives and that is driving them nuts not knowing what they are saying.

I think the police know what happened and they just need a couple of pieces of the puzzle to press charges.

MO it all boils down to motive. The Sheffields behavior since HaLeighs abduction IMO supports the possible motive of illegal change of custody and the facts that this family has intimate knowledge of the area and surrounding counties as far spread as TN and affiliates, connections, and family in these counties and nearby states could defiantly leave a cold trail impossible to follow especially with this families understanding and connections within LE. All of this is just my opinion and I like you am patiently waiting for the truth to be revealed. I only pray that HaLeigh is alive and well and can be reunited with Jr and all else is unimportant to me who suffers or is looked at (with respect and consideration of innocents until proved guilty of course) to gain the truth. I will be shocked and dumbfounded if Misty proves to be the Key to the mystery of HaLeighs abduction. I will not be shocked if LE does not discover or have a confession of the truth from those that commited this crime against HaLeigh and HaLeigh is soon forgotten along with all the other missing children of Florida.

What behavior are you speaking to there?

You know Ron and TN both have made a very similar statement and I did not understand it when they made it.

Can you tell me what you mean by that?

You're right, it is very difficult to understand how Misty and her family have managed to fool LE for more than a year, if they did it, because they seem to say and do some rather stupid things. But then LE has been saying all along that they think Misty is not telling the truth, so maybe it's not as much a case of LE being fooled than LE not being able to take it to court and prove conclusively what happened without Haleigh. It seems to me that as long as she hasn't been found and it is not known whether she is alive or dead there is always room for reasonable doubt.

If all the Croslins can be definitely ruled out of having any knowledge about the crime, the case probably falls apart and needs to go back to the beginning, I suspect. There's no shortage of other suspects as there are still the Cummings, the Sykes, the Neves, the Sheffields, the Griffis, the other relatives, the neighbors, the stoned friends of the adults in her family, the random pervert from another county, the angry dope boys, a creepy guy who watched Haleigh in the park, the people who lost a child and want another, the cuz, Larry... But imo it seems like Misty must know something because why would she have lied otherwise?

It will be interesting to see what will happen in the drug case, I'm not sure if the taxpayers of Florida are prepared to cover Misty's living expenses for 114 years for 300 something pills, but IMO these people have earned a stint in jail if they've let children near their drug-infested lifestyle (and it appears to me that they had).

Connection to LE ? I wasn't aware the Sheffield's had a connection.

IF Crystal did have something to do with providing Haleigh a safe home away from Ron and Misty, I can't (honestly) say that I would have blamed her. I only wish that was the truth, but sadly nothing points to the Sheffield's being connected to this. Everything points to Misty and Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419