WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been doing some checking on this. One parent has a daughter who had grown up with MC was surprised the paper said Mom & MC were close. Her understanding was that Mom & MC had not spoken or seen each other for over a month. We have no reason to think this parent would lie as she was very upset about the murder and was close to MC.

On Feb. 2 at 10:01am on WC's facebook page she thanks MC for making her cupcakes between high school and cosmetology classes.

So they couldn't have been that distant. Can I post the link to her FB page??

That's really heartbreaking to hear the mother and daughter weren't talking and then....then the horrific happens.

That is really interesting! But, as I think back to when I was looking at WC's fb page, I saw her thanking everybody for birthday wishes a the beginning of February. She said something about "my youngest Mackenzie made me cupcakes."

I also wonder what this parent means about not seeing each other for a month. Wasn't Mackenzie living with her mom? If she wasn't, that could add a whole other element here because most minors live with their mothers.

I'm in no way doubting what you're saying, just adding more for us to think about.

I also read the cupcake comment. It was dated Feb. 2nd. Just days before MC was missing.

I thought I had read in a WW article that she lives with her Father part of the time, and her Mother the other part of the time. They listed her home as the one in Orondo, and I believe that is where the Father currently lives.

That is really interesting! But, as I think back to when I was looking at WC's fb page, I saw her thanking everybody for birthday wishes a the beginning of February. She said something about "my youngest Mackenzie made me cupcakes."

I also wonder what this parent means about not seeing each other for a month. Wasn't Mackenzie living with her mom? If she wasn't, that could add a whole other element here because most minors live with their mothers.

I'm in no way doubting what you're saying, just adding more for us to think about.

Not to worry, we are here to question and test theories. If we don’t we will not learn.

Hello everyone, great sleuthing,

I'm from wenatchee. I don't know MC or any of the family. But after learning WC's boyfriend's name, it did jog my memory to the fact that I was introduced to the boyfriend at a party
many years ago by someone on the chelan county jail roster by the initials DP

Interesting.....

For some reason I got the impression they were not very close. Also, when the car was found LE called her father and he said she was out past curfew which made me think she lived with him. When I looked at all the pictures from the memorial I just didn't think her mother looked all that distraught, but who knows how a person would react at a time like. I just get the impression there are some serious factions in that family. I also noticed when searching county records that the mother's bf was on his third marriage. I don't know if that means anything, just thought it was strange.

Here is a bit of a scenario. Call it what you want, I will call it motive. I am going to post this as nameless as possible, so bear with me while I hint as best as I can...
1. In the first corner, we have our current person of interest. BF of WC (I feel like Nancy Grace)
2. In the next corrner, we have Mac. :(
3. Introducing in the center of the ring... the past, previous, prior, ex (?) wife of our current person of interest.
After doing some heavy digging, and with the help of public records, I can see that POI's house is in forclosure. (thanks to a fellow websleuther)
In joint ownership of the forclosure is the POI's wife. (initials held back with respect of her non-involvement) YET easily accessible!
Interestingly enough, I discovered that in late Jan, the ex, wife, whatever gives birth to a baby boy. (just 5 weeks ago!)
The birth is listed with mother only.
SO, perhaps (and this is where my motive comes in...) Mac finds out about the BF of her mom has been seeing his ex again. She has a baby. Now Mac threatens to tell her mom (who is currently dating said POI)
He snaps and voila.
POI has tax issues, and pending bancrupcy, and has a residence listed in the same place as Mac's mom?
I have said enough. Strictly my own thoughts and opinions, but MAN it feels good when I hit things dead on. Or close, anyway...

You are phenominal greydiggity! I would like to summarize some of the "real estate" stuff. See what you think....
1) first scene- the car parked up pitcher canyon. (close to the residence of another that works at WC office.) I have a gut feeling MC drove her own car up there. She, as most teeagers, got out with her debit card, cell phone and gas card. Why gas card? I think she knew she was going for a drive. Maybe with someone that doesnt have gas money? Someone she trusted. THE CAR DOORS WERE LOCKED. Would a killer be interested in taking the time to lock the car doors?
2) Boat launch fits perfectly. As I said before, there are two reasons that come to my mind; drugs and/or affair. From there they could of dropped car off up pitcher, or made another stop first.
3) We know mom and bf were having issues. He was staying at her house, then not staying at her house......then back again.
4) 911 call from leavenworth at 11pm that night still bothers me....
5) The home in Cresent Bar was a listed REO. This means bank repo. It was not in Wenatchee's MLS. It was in Moses Lakes MLS. As with all the waterfront repos right now, the banks are asking CONTRACTORS to bid the work that needs to be done. They would be given the ability to accsess premises.
6) Yes. The person on here that spoke of WC speck house being investigated "under the radar" is absolutely correct. The FBI and LE have been at the house in VERY undercover cars for days. They had thier blue gloves on and were taking samples. Also, after that they had undercover (looking like gangster) sitting in car on look out.
7) I have a hard time believing this is the work of a gangster. I believe this is someone VERY close to her AND real estate. (mind you, one would have to have garage code to enter a LOCKED up home(s) on the market. Unless they already had a key, or was a liscensed real estate agent w/ card. Even an agent only has card for his/her own MLS homes)
8) We know from records that MC was with old bf back when she was 12 yrs old. Absolutely no offense, but she might have been actively into extra curricular activities. ( i.e sex and drugs???) This is in noway meant to degrade this BEAUTIFUL young woman that was full of life and heart. Just think it maybe pertinent to the reasons her whereabouts is so secretive.... espcially from MC's current BF. If they were texting, I would think she'd of said something like, ' goin to get latte and then workout. c ya later.' Unless maybe she did not want to be specific???......

These are only thoughts and questions that run through my mind.... I believe WHOLEHEARTEDLY the way she was murdered will be STRONG evidence against this person......... that is why LE is protecting her autopsy and details of murder. There are things that have leaked out........ it's so horribly sad no matter how one looks at it.

Although I hate the suspense, the LE wants this man just as bad as we do. They are close.....I believe.

One more thing, why is there no discription of the 911 harassment call made by WC address the other day? Seems odd.....

:waitasec:The Devil’s advocate in our troupe came up with this. It would be possible if someone was not close to a child but wanted to keep face in the community to post information on their FB that was inaccurate. Does anyone know if MC was a baker?

Wow, Shortstuff!!! Gregdiggity and you should be private investigators. I too feel like they are very close to making an arrest.....that's the only thing that makes sense. If they really didn't have any suspects, they would be releasing more information to the public.

:waitasec:The Devil’s advocate in our troupe came up with this. It would be possible if someone was not close to a child but wanted to keep face in the community to post information on their FB that was inaccurate. Does anyone know if MC was a baker?

I was thinking that too, but her son (that she mentions in the same comment) is a friend of her fb. Would she post a lie knowing that he would read it? Not to mention MC would see it too.

None of us can remember hearing about gas card missing, only debt card and phone. Can someone refresh us on when gas card was first mentioned and where? Thanks.

I have also heard that MC and WC were not close, by multiple sources. It could just be the teenage thing though..... they are not always a walk in the park.

Here is somthing I do not know how to confirm; over a decade ago there was a mother and daughter murdered in a sick ritualitic way here in Wenatchee. Hoffman was thier last name. I heard WC bf was roommates with thier murderer at the time. I think the murders name was Spillman. This seems to be more then a rumor...... I wish we could verify this.....

I think that you are onto something. And, I have ALWAYS believed that MC drove her car and parked it where it ended up in Pitcher Canyon.

I was thinking that too, but her son (that she mentions in the same comment) is a friend of her fb. Would she post a lie knowing that he would read it? Not to mention MC would see it too.

You could be right..or maybe she often "stretches the truth" and the kids just let it pass. :crosseyed:

I have also heard that MC and WC were not close, by multiple sources. It could just be the teenage thing though..... they are not always a walk in the park.

Here is somthing I do not know how to confirm; over a decade ago there was a mother and daughter murdered in a sick ritualitic way here in Wenatchee. Hoffman was thier last name. I heard WC bf was roommates with thier murderer at the time. I think the murders name was Spillman. This seems to be more then a rumor...... I wish we could verify this.....
Jack Owen Spillman and their last name was Huffman I believe... Ug. Terrible.

http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/pdf/20030220serialkillers.pdf

He was a laborer???

Spillman was living with a girlfriend at the time of the Huffman murders. I do remember that he worked in construction as a laborer but I think it would be a stretch to believe that he knew WC's bf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53