GUILTY VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #3

Point taken. But...

All the city public elementary schools have a preschool program for 4 year olds, including the school where she worked.

http://www.rcps.info/education/components/sectionlist/default.php?sectiondetailid=14896&&PHPSESSID=24f951ba401c0784bc1fed168482c354

I just noticed that Calliope, none of our local public schools offer preschool here. We have both 3 and 4 year old preschool in our area but all is tuition based.

I think Morgans employment will figure strongly in the timeline LE establishes here. Especially if she only worked one job and whether her oldest was enrolled in preschool. No preschool that I know of outside of daycare is full day. I don't think ML and BL could afford daycare if only one of them was working.

Yes, Aveion, the wheels of justice are turning for you!

Kudos to LE for keeping the info re: Morgan Lockette close to their vest throughout the investigation!

While this doesn't make it any easier, it is refreshing to see justice in the works!

After reading the indictment, I think that Aveion wasn't being fed as he should've been, along w/ whatever other abuses BL was inflicting on him.

As mentioned, the last time anyone saw him besides BL & ML was probably Jan.1st - I wonder if they questioned why he wasn't looking so healthy?

And I still think the kidnapping hoax was to account for his absence because his birthday was coming up & family was pressuring ML to see him.

So sad that the 4yo has to grow up knowing her 'mom' had a hand in killing her brother, and she'll likely be in prison for most of the 4yo's life.....and ML's baby will start out his life w/ his 'mom' in prison.

ML was not only stupid & selfish where Aveion was concerned - but apparently didn't care what happened to the other kids.

At least she didn't have a chance to kill them or let BL do it.

I just noticed that Calliope, none of our local public schools offer preschool here. We have both 3 and 4 year old preschool in our area but all is tuition based.

I think Morgans employment will figure strongly in the timeline LE establishes here. Especially if she only worked one job and whether her oldest was enrolled in preschool. No preschool that I know of outside of daycare is full day. I don't think ML and BL could afford daycare if only one of them was working.

Ah, I didn't think to ask about the length of the day. I'll see if I can find out, right now the person I talked to earlier is out of the office.

4 yr old Pre-K gets out 40 minutes before the rest of the school (weird).

School Attendance and Dismissal Bell Times
Adopted 2008

Senior High Schools
Grades 9-12
8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Middle Schools
Grades 6-8
8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Elementary Schools
Grade K-6
7:45 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.

PreK: 2 and 3 year olds
AM 8:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
PM 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

PreK: 4 year olds
7:45 am - 1:45 pm

http://www.rcps.info/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=4721&

"She should have maybe caught warning signs, but I know she didn't directly kill her child, maybe indirectly by being with him," says Cara Ward.

from the following newslink.

http://www.wdbj7.com/global/story.asp?s=12064508

Caught the warning signs? Weren't the warning signs when CPS stepped in and put Aveion in foster care? how much clearer could the warning signs have been?

I'm not blaming Morgans extended family. Clearly they are not responsible, however they were not blind to the neglect this child suffered from, and were clearly aware he spent 15 mo's, IIRC, in foster care. Nor was Morgan blind to whatever was happening in that home which eventually led to Aveions death.

Gawd, I hope they don't turn into the A's. We all know how they remember little Caylee. Let's PRAY Morgans family doesn't turn their back on this child and allows justice and reality to sink in, as difficult as it may be. Aveion deserves at least that much!

4 yr old Pre-K gets out 40 minutes before the rest of the school (weird).

http://www.rcps.info/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=4721&

It's not that unusual. My sons school lets preschool and kindergarten out 10 minutes earlier than the rest of the school for safety reasons, but it is also a very small school. Depending on how many students are enrolled in pre-k I understand the need for an earlier dismissal.

I'm sure the school offers after care of some kind too. Depending on Morgans hours, it is likely if she did have a job which required her after normal school hours and her child was enrolled in preschool, the oldest child would have attended after care.

After reading the indictment, I think that Aveion wasn't being fed as he should've been, along w/ whatever other abuses BL was inflicting on him.

As mentioned, the last time anyone saw him besides BL & ML was probably Jan.1st - I wonder if they questioned why he wasn't looking so healthy?

And I still think the kidnapping hoax was to account for his absence because his birthday was coming up & family was pressuring ML to see him.

So sad that the 4yo has to grow up knowing her 'mom' had a hand in killing her brother, and she'll likely be in prison for most of the 4yo's life.....and ML's baby will start out his life w/ his 'mom' in prison.

ML was not only stupid & selfish where Aveion was concerned - but apparently didn't care what happened to the other kids.

At least she didn't have a chance to kill them or let BL do it.

Considering they both, iirc, admitted to not seeking medical treatment for a burn that was allegedly cause by a space heater, I would say the abuse and neglect was inflicted by BOTH parents.

jmo

I'm sure the school offers after care of some kind too. Depending on Morgans hours, it is likely if she did have a job which required her after normal school hours and her child was enrolled in preschool, the oldest child would have attended after care.

snipping my quote.... expanding on that thought. Since the 4 year old was at home 'tied up' in the upstairs bedroom with this 'hoax' of a kidnapping if the child attended school that day she had to get home somehow. Because she was home when mom got home from work.........

Do they have bus service for preschool?

Did the child attend school that day?

I'm sure preschool isn't mandatory in VA. I assume there are no states that legally require school until Kindergarten. Though it would seem odd that mom would work at the school and her own 4 year old would not be enrolled.

snipping my quote.... expanding on that thought. Since the 4 year old was at home 'tied up' in the upstairs bedroom with this 'hoax' of a kidnapping if the child attended school that day she had to get home somehow. Because she was home when mom got home from work.........

Do they have bus service for preschool?

Did the child attend school that day?

I'm sure preschool isn't mandatory in VA. I assume there are no states that legally require school until Kindergarten. Though it would seem odd that mom would work at the school and her own 4 year old would not be enrolled.

BBM...

If she attended school, it seems unlikely to me that she never said anything about her brother. My nephew goes to school and tells everyone everything. Kids at that age don't have a "filter" kwim? They don't really know things that they aren't supposed to say..

And if she didn't attend school, that just seems odd to me. Pre-k is not mandatory here either. But there's something like 89% of 4 year olds enrolled. (The rest are home schooled or whatnot...) In Pre-k, kids begin to learn writing and reading, social skills, and start to get the feel for being in a school setting. There is also numerous amounts of tests that they give children while they are attending, so that schools can get an idea about the child's needs and specifications. I know these things probably mean nothing to these monsters... but I know when it came time for my nephew to go to school... it was almost the same type of excitement you'd expect if you said you were taking him to Disney land.

My other questions are in regards to the other children.

What's their physical state like?
How about their emotional state? I know that one's still an infant, however, there are still certain clues that even an infant shows when there's emotional trauma.
Was Aveion singled out for this abuse? Why?
Are the other children well nourished and developing fine?
What's going to happen to the baby that Morgan is carrying?

I wish I lived in VA, or at least had the resources to go down for a few weeks, I'd be standing outside the DA's office with signs that says "WE WANT ANSWERS!"

IMO... Morgan Lockett is no victim. I cannot express how tired I am of hearing that the mother was scared, or could do nothing. She could have done something. If it were BL abusing Aveion, she should have had his big sorry butt locked up. She allowed this to happen. She participated in the events that led to Aveion's demise. Including the cover up. She went to work to establish an alibi, she called the police, she gave statements to LE...

MORGAN LOCKETT IS NOT THE VICTIM HERE!!! AVEION IS!!!!
:furious:

I repost these only because I am truly interested in what others think could lead to pinpointing when Aveion died and that ML knew of the abuse, and was involved in his death and subsequent hoax and coverup. I am constantly amazed at the detective skills of the members here...

I know it may never be known the exact day he was killed, but answers to these questions can certainly narrow it down or at the very least, prove he was dead long before the trash was picked up on the 13th.

Things I want to know (and I'm sure others will add to the list):

[ETA: I suppose it should read 'things I want the DA to investigate']

1. When and where was the last time Aveion was seen by a credible witness NOT connected to ML/BL?

(a) when was his last doctor's appointment? were there signs of any abuse or trauma? was he clean and dressed appropriately for the weather? had his weight remained steady and/or increasing or was he showing signs of losing weight again or of malnutrition? was he showing signs of regressing in any way physically, socially or emotionally as compared to the strides he'd made while in foster care? what were the doc's and nurses' take on ML's interactions with Aveion during the visit? was BL present and if so, what was their take on his interactions with ML and Aveion? what was their take on her (their) level of interest in any suggestions or plan of care for Aveion?

(b) when seen last by a credible, unrelated witness, what did he look like and how did he behave? how did ML/BL behave toward him? how did it compare to how they interacted with the other children?

(c) regarding the supplements he was required to have... when and where were they last purchased? were they purchased on a regular basis? OR... were they provided by an agency, IOW did the parents have to pick it up from *somewhere* and if so, when was the last time they did so?

I'm sure she had some sort of assistance getting these supplements, as they are expensive.

Either WIC or medicaid/VA Premier would have paid for it --- with a prescription.... which means there would be a record of when and where she purchased it, which means it could easily be seen if she did so on a regular basis matching when it would be "due" to run out. (did that make sense? lol) I KNOW pharmacies keep up with this stuff, because I got an autobot call from mine telling me I wasn't taking my meds as prescribed (I was... doc had told me to hold some for a while). I was touched but just a little scared that Big Brother CVS was watching me so closely. My point is the pharmacy and insurance would have records of all this.

How often did she purchase these supplements (by the week? by the month?) and when was her next purchase due? How often was he supposed to take a supplement during the day? And using this information, plus how many were found in the home (unused and empty), determine if he was receiving the supplements as prescribed and approximate how long before the reported abduction he'd stopped taking them. I suppose it's possible she gave them to the other kids too, or even her or BL drank them, but regardless of what the commercials say, this stuff just tastes nasty. I guess once a kid gets used to them (as Aveion no doubt was) it might not be so hard to get them to drink it, but just out of the blue in order to cover up the fact they weren't giving him his supplements? I doubt it.

(d) when is the last time the bio dad saw Aveion and his sister? did HE notice anything out of the ordinary? any injuries (to either child, btw)?

(e) did the oldest child (Aveion's blood-sister) ever make any comments to anyone, even taken now with 20-20 hindsight, that would have or should have indicated ongoing abuse and neglect?

(f) was anyone aware of the burns he suffered? when did this happen? where was he burned? burns take a while to heal, and leave scars... did anyone notice? was he seen at all during this time? it was said they didn't seek medical care for the burns; he would have been ill, possibly infected and certainly in pain. did NO one take notice of this?

2. When and where did they purchase the items used to wrap and discard his body?

(a) were there other items discarded with him? were those items evidence of his abuse? was other household trash included (to make the bundle seem like any other bag of trash---that makes me sick to even type this...)

(b) when was the bag placed in the trash? and where? are there any witnesses to when ML or BL carried this particular bag to the garbage can? had there been any deviation from when they usually put out the trash? IOW, did they normally carry it out every day, every other day, or save it up for trash day and then carry out several bags at once? were they haphazard in getting the can to the curb and on this pickup were they particularly careful to make sure it was set out right? (i know from experience if you don't have it set out just so, they won't push it out so that truck can grab it... but they will take the time to put a sticker on it with a written explanation as to why they didn't pick it up----go figure)

(c) did the trash surrounding where he was found or in the bag he was found indicate when it was thrown away?

(d) what was the usual condition of the apartment? was it normally cluttered as you'd expect with 4 kids, or was it poorly kept/dirty? was it unusually clean after the reported "abduction"? did they purchase an unusual amount of cleaning products in the days prior to the abduction?

3. Did ML go to work that day? (as stupid as they are, I don't think they'd lie about something that can be so readily verified)

(a) how did she behave that day? did she leave early? stay late? watch the clock?

(b) had she missed any time prior to the "abduction"? how was her attendance and behavour at work since Aveion's return to the home?

4. We know BL went to the trouble to set up the circumstances surrounding this hoax. Did ML make any similar comments to co-workers, neighbors, friends or family? did either of them talk about loans or debts owed, threats, suspicious calls or emails, anything to set up a reason why their baby would be taken for ransom?

5. DID CHiP get turned away from the home after his return in September? if so, did they make a report to CPS? if they didn't, why not? if they did, when was it investigated? WAS it investigated?

-----------------

We know from the indictment that he was killed sometime after January 1st.

We know from the search of the landfill that he was taken in the trash on Wednesday, January 13th.

The "abduction" happened on Thursday the 14th.

We are not dealing with Mr. and Mrs. Einstein here. I do not believe for a minute that they could have concocted such an elaborate (albeit ignorant) plot in the matter of a day or two. I sincerely believe he was killed days before, perhaps even the previous week.

Help me brainstorm please.

Narrowing the focus of my questions to those that would help pin down the day he was killed...

1. When was the last credible sighting of Aveion? The indictment tells me that was January 1st. Did NO one outside of family see him after that date?

2. Did that burn occur after January 1st? I speculated earlier on this thread (or on #1) that perhaps he was seriously sick or injured in such a manner that they knew he was dying, and set up this hoax to cover for the inevitable. I would also suspect that (given his medical history) his immune system was not up to par, and a burn bad enough to blister could certainly cause an infection, even one that could turn into sepsis.

3. As in my previous post, what do the supplements tell us as to when Aveion was killed?

4. Although children that age can't really be credible as to exact dates, did the 4 year old give any clues when questioned? For example, did she mention any events or visitors, TV specials, anything that could pinpoint when he died or when was the last time she saw Aveion? Were they able to find out from her the usual routine (meals, bedtimes, bath times, etc).

Was there a time within those two weeks where the other children went to visit friends or relatives, leaving Aveion alone with BL and ML?

IIRC, BL had stated the other kids were sleeping the day of the "abduction" (at the time and/or when he "awoke"). I believe this true; it would certainly keep them out of the way while he trashed the apartment and set up the scene prior to the call to 911. The 4 year old could give clues if it were their usual routine to be napping at that time of day--- or did the kids get a special *treat*... perhaps something to drink, a snack, maybe some medicine for a *cold*... something that would have made them extra sleepy. Remember that 'leafy green substance' removed in the search? Were the children tested for presence of any drugs in their systems? A brownie would be quite the special treat... and could make them quite drowsy, KWIM??

5. Was there anything about the packaging or materials used to wrap and discard his body that was specific for that purpose? Something that would not have been purchased or used, or was unlikely to have been used, in the household otherwise? Did they find a receipt for these items? Does LE have any videos from the store showing ML/BL making those purchases? If so, are any of the children with them?

What clues were in the trash surrounding his body (either in the same bag or around him)? Any wrappers or packaging with expiration or "use by" dates, by chance? Receipts? Bills or letters with legible postmarks or dates?

6. Aside from email and phone accounts, did LE search the computer(s) from the home to find any relevant search history (burns? crimes involving missing children? home invasions / kidnapping?)? Any chat groups or forums? If so, any abrupt change in their routine or content of their postings?

Please add any other ideas for pin-pointing when he was killed.

I do think that the DA put the dates of abuse from '07 to prove a pattern of abuse, AND so that evidence he died of this abuse can be used to convict them of murder (he died/was killed during their commission of a felony---abuse and neglect).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased VA-Aveion M. Lewis, 2, Roanoke MSG 14 Jan 10 #2

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased VA-Aveion M. Lewis, 2, Roanoke MSG 14 Jan 10 #2

Oh, and now that we know school is dismissed at 2:25 PM, where was ML between that time and the 911 call made ~ 6:40 PM? Did anyone see her return home that afternoon?

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/238410

The mother and stepfather of slain toddler Aveion Lewis were arraigned on murder, child neglect and cruelty charges today in Roanoke Circuit Court.

Morgan Lockett, 23, and Brandon Lockett, 24, of Southeast Roanoke, were indicted in the baby's killing on Monday.

Both are jailed without bail.

<snip>

During today's court session, Roanoke Circuit Court Judge Clifford Weckstein appointed lawyer Tom Blaylock to defend Brandon Lockett. Morgan Lockett declined to have an attorney appointed, saying her family was trying to raise money to hire lawyer Richard Lawrence.

Before Morgan Lockett was brought into the courtroom, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman told the judge her office had heard from Lawrence, who said he wouldn't take the case. Weckstein told Morgan Lockett he'd give her a week to find an attorney before appointing one.

Kudos to Richard Lawrence!!! He was a friend of my husband and an all around great guy!

I saw a video a bit ago where the aunt says ML has cooperated with the police from the start. Well, we know that's a lie because she made the 911 call and told police Aveion had been kidnapped. Aunt says that ML believed her husband until he confessed there were no kidnappers---ML was shocked!

Puh-leeze.

However. I do wonder if ML began to cooperate once BL admitted Aveion was dead, perhaps knowing she would be seen as an accomplice and hoping to cut a deal. I hope and pray they didn't do that, or perhaps only tricked her into thinking it would go easier on her if she confessed. She isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, and she didn't have an attorney so who knows?

Like I said in the last thread, I have a sinking feeling about this.

Before Morgan Lockett was brought into the courtroom, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman told the judge her office had heard from Lawrence, who said he'd represented Lockett on another matter, but wasn't representing her on the new charges at this time. Weckstein said he'd give Morgan Lockett a week to try to find an attorney, or would appoint someone to represent her.

No where did I read he said he would not take the case. Perhaps her family hasn't come up with the funds to hire him to represent her.

eta: If Morgans family has the funds to hire him or anyone to represent Morgan WHY DIDN'T THEY HIRE HELP FOR AVEION? Where was the help to get Morgan away from the 'abuser'?
----WHERE WAS THE HELP FOR AVEION??????---------- :furious:

Before Morgan Lockett was brought into the courtroom, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman told the judge her office had heard from Lawrence, who said he'd represented Lockett on another matter, but wasn't representing her on the new charges at this time. Weckstein said he'd give Morgan Lockett a week to try to find an attorney, or would appoint someone to represent her.

No where did I read he said he would not take the case. Perhaps her family hasn't come up with the funds to hire him to represent her.

The story was apparently edited, because I copied directly from their site (when I post this above, the link said it was 26 minutes old).

Before Morgan Lockett was brought into the courtroom, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman told the judge her office had heard from Lawrence, who said he wouldn't take the case. Weckstein told Morgan Lockett he'd give her a week to find an attorney before appointing one.

Someone connected to the case (or maybe Mr. Lawrence) probably called the paper with a correction.

I hope Richard doesn't take her case, I would perceive that as being a big mistake for his practice.

Did anyone else see ML on the Channel 10 news? She wants to make me puke every time I see her. She's only concerned with her a$$...tears...save 'em for when you're locked up and getting the crap beat out of you. On tv couldn't even hold her head up without the assistance of her hand and rolling her eyes around in her head...give me a break...

ML made her bed and now she needs to stay in it...

I am absolutely fuming:furious::furious::furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back