Fake ID/aka Elizabeth Jones

not_my_kids

Reaction score
I thought that since it keeps popping up on other threads, it should have it's own.
We have heard from the bus ticket seller that she had a fake ID in the name of Elizabeth Jones.
We don't know where, when or how she obtained this id.
But, if you google 78206 (a San antonio zip code) + fake ID, the very first result that comes up is in reference to this site: http://id-copy.com/answer.html
$100 and 2 weeks and you can be whoever you want to be.

Don't know if they are legit, but it's sort of coincidental.

Any info on the ID, theories on how she got it or how much it cost her, could we post it here, to make it easier to find?

Media about the ID:
The manager showed Megan Alexander the bus ticket Johnson bought using the alias "Elizabeth Jones." Johnson paid $180 in cash for a one-way ticket to Fort Lauderdale and waited patiently for three hours in the terminal waiting room.
http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3847

I wish I could find my post, in one of the general threads, anywho, I have seen some of these fake ID's, (not the one in the pic at the link) and they look very real, the ONLY difference, is on the back, in the word "directive" the I is not dotted on a real ID. you would have to really be detail oriented to catch that IMHO. also, they are very easy to get. you can buy an identity fairly cheap. about 200 bucks. SS# and all. and these people are still alive. they let you "borrow" them. you can get them at flea markets and such places also. with your real name if you so choose(the ID's)

I think she bought her ID, if it was so close to her real name. I would have went with something tottally different. But I'm thinking, the way she carried her mothers picture around, that Elizabeth was the name given by her now deceased mother, so that she wanted to keep. KWIM?

This is all JMHO. I can not provide a link, but I have seen these Id's with my own two eyes.

hmmn well we do have TayJay admitting that they were searching how to get a new social security number and such?

I remember them admitting they had searched how to change jurisdictions. I don't recall them admitting they searched how to get a new ssn.

Got a link?

TS did say, however, that when the investigators searched her house and computer they info they found would be because EJ had said she was going to get a new identity and ss# and she was just researching to see if EJ would be able to even do such a thing. Yeah, right; I'm sure that's why those searches were in her computer history!

I remember them admitting they had searched how to change jurisdictions. I don't recall them admitting they searched how to get a new ssn.

Got a link?

Yeah, in the NG show after LE hit the Smiths with the search warrant Tammi was backpeddling and providing her veiled excuses -- come on if we don't all know by now how she lies

JOSTAD: And actually, Tammi Smith is with us right now. Tammi, how long were the police at your home last night?

SMITH (via telephone): I would say about six hours.

JOSTAD: And do you know what they were looking for or what they took from your home?

SMITH: Yes, they were just looking for everything that was inside of our computers and inside our phones. And we have volunteered that information since day one to prove our innocence, so we`re extremely happy that they came and got that. They didn`t have to do it the way they did, you know, because we had volunteered it since day one, and once again, when I was there yesterday, begged her to come to my house and take my computers.

JOSTAD: What kind of things were you hoping that police would look at on your computers? What information there would be relevant to the search?

SMITH: Well, OK, in -- from the beginning, in talking to the police, they asked us, you know, did we ever try to help her. And I said, Well, the only way we ever tried to help her was, you know, before we knew she could change her -- whether or not she could change jurisdictions. She was telling us that she was going to run. She was go into hiding, change her Social Security number.

And so we panicked at that point, and we did not want that baby to vanish into thin air for the rest of his life. And so we were grabbing at straws, like the police are right now, trying to figure out how to keep that baby still surfaced, you know? And so we had thought of scenarios, and we talked to a couple of friends and people about the scenarios of -- you know, we have a house in Tennessee, and you know, things like that, that maybe she can go stay there. We can let her stay there. We could help her and all this, and while she`s changing jurisdictions.

Well, by the next day, after doing research throughout the next day, we realized, Oh, she cannot change jurisdictions. It`s illegal. So immediately, we started, you know, telling her, You need to come back, you can`t change jurisdictions.

And that`s when I called Janet Morris (ph) from Tennessee and said, Hey, she`s not coming back. I don`t know what to do. Can you please tell her what her legal rights are and get her back here? And that`s exactly what Janet did. And so the cool thing about that is our computer will corroborate that entire story.

This is Tammi's roundabout way of answering the question, "do you know what they were looking for" The only concrete detail she provides to the abstract claim that they helped her research "Changing jurisdictions" was to state that she wanted to change her SS#

This is Tammispeak for yeah, LE will see our searches for changing one's ss#

She gave no other information other than that

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/15/ng.01.html

I did add a question mark to my original statement, because IMO
nothing out of this woman's mouth has one crack of credibility

I frankly give

Yeah, in the NG show after LE hit the Smiths with the search warrant Tammi was backpeddling and providing her veiled excuses -- come on if we don't all know by now how she lies

This is Tammi's roundabout way of answering the question, "do you know what they were looking for" The only concrete detail she provides to the abstract claim that they helped her research "Changing jurisdictions" was to state that she wanted to change her SS#

This is Tammispeak for yeah, LE will see our searches for changing one's ss#

She gave no other information other than that

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/15/ng.01.html

I did add a question mark to my original statement, because IMO
nothing out of this woman's mouth has one crack of credibility

I frankly give

I see what you're saying, Prof. Thanks.

We do need to always keep in mind that Tammi is a common criminal, and view what she says in that light. It would not surprise me if she searched how to get a new ssn... or how to perform any other of a number of criminal acts, particularly those in the realm of fraud. Her criminal history, after all, is one of forgery, and from recent events, we know she has not changed her criminal ways.

(I love using 'Tammi' and 'criminal' in the same sentence. :dance:)

If she obtained a fake ID she could of obtained a fake birth certificate but the only person that has seen the fake ID was the hotel and the bus station. EJ laughed when asked about a fake ID like it didn't exist, not that that means it doesnt but Johnson/Jones, if a front desk person was checking people in and she walked up and said "I need a room", they asked "what is your name?" and she replies with Elizabeth Jones would they glance at it and since it was so similiar, could it be missed? The same thing could of happened with the bus. It just could of been missed. Someone mentioned the hotel scanning the ID. Was this confirmed?

Fake id's in Texas are easy to come by. i've commented on this before. They look like the real thing except it has a red stamp on the back that say not government issue or for novelty purposes only. You can get any state with any name and any age. I use to do it when i was younger. Cost me about 50 bucks and they make it right there at the place. You can take nail polish and remove the stamp on the back.

You can apply for a marriage license and get married the same day in Maricopa County. You can get married in San Antonio 72 hours after getting your marriage license. All she needed was her drivers license. Quick and easy name change. Then ditch the guy afterwards, or keep him on a string for financial support. She's a beautiful girl. She could easily have used her feminine wiles to get a guy to agree to it.

Then she could go to the department of motor vehicles and get a drivers license with the married name the same day.

You can apply for a marriage license and get married the same day in Maricopa County. You can get married in San Antonio 72 hours after getting your marriage license. All she needed was her drivers license. Quick and easy name change. Then ditch the guy afterwards, or keep him on a string for financial support. She's a beautiful girl. She could easily have used her feminine wiles to get a guy to agree to it.

Then she could go to the department of motor vehicles and get a drivers license with the married name the same day.

Hahahah, you're reading my mind.

I was just going to say, could you go to the DMV and then get a new ID? Is it issued right away, or mailed? If it's mailed....where, oh where would a homeless EJ have it sent...:waitasec:

Here's the quote from Kissdegirl's post in the HG thread that got us on the marriage kick.

Good sleuthing, Kiss

:blowkiss:

Second, I have been thinking about this since I first heard about HG, and I don't know if I've posted it before. But, if you wanted to change your name, wouldn't it be easy to just get married? I don't know how she could have found someone to do this though. Would it be at least worth a trip to local churches (priest's or pastor's)/JOP to put up flier's and ask questions? There would be a record at the DMV for a name change wouldn't there?

SMITH: She told me that she was only in one hotel. And I told her that there is witnesses that she had two hotels and she swears that that wasn`t true and, of course, I didn`t believe her. You know? But — and I — and she even told me about — I asked her about the fake license. She laughed about it and swore that that wasn`t true. And you know, I don`t know what to think about that because that just sounds stupid, you know?

Hahahah, you're reading my mind.

I was just going to say, could you go to the DMV and then get a new ID? Is it issued right away, or mailed? If it's mailed....where, oh where would a homeless EJ have it sent...:waitasec:

We'll have to check Tempe and SA DMVs. I think most places are same day now.

Here's the Maricopa County marriage license link I forgot in my post above:
http://clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/marlic.asp

And San Antonio (Bexar County):
http://www.countyclerk.bexar.landata.com/forms/InstructionsMarriageApp.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members