Misty's court appearance on 3-8-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad ya'll are on top of this thank you ever so much. I forgot the date.

*shakes head*

I just wish we could get this fine upstanding citizen to tell us where little Haleigh is. Unfortunately, I am beginning to wonder if LE will ever be able to break through the wall of deception that surrounds the players in this farce.

Coincidence?

1:28 pm CourtTV Breaking news on the Casey Anthony case

(I was hoping Misty would have been televised)

Trial date: May 9, 2011

"Snip" Cummings/Croslin

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/c...?caseid=192668

Case Number: 10000141CFMA

Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 1/21/2010

SAO Case No: (N/A) Total Fees Due: 0.00

Booking No: 100334

Agency: FDLE Custody Location: COUNTY JAIL

Judge
BERGER, WENDY W

Plaintiff Attorneys
STATE OF FLORIDA ROYS, JACQUELYN

Defendant Attorneys
FIELDS, ROBERT M

CROSLIN CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE No Party Selected
CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)
CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)

Charges: Disposition:
TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) (N/A)

Case Number Party Type Charge Case Status Disposition Fees Due Next Court Event

Date Event Judge Location Result
4/6/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328
3/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY ARRAIGNMENT BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLEA FILED

Image Date Docket Text
3/8/2010 NOTICE MAILED TO ATTORNEY (DEFENDANT)
3/8/2010 DEFENSE ATTORNEY: FIELDS, ROBERT M ASSIGNED
3/8/2010 FELONY PRETRIAL SET FOR 04/06/2010 AT 1:30 PM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W

3/8/2010 APPEARANCE/PLEA OF NOT GUILTY/DEMAND FOR TRIAL BY JURY/NOTICE OF DISCOVERY/REQUEST FOR COPY OF INFORMATION/MOTION FOR STATEMENT OF PARTICULARS

Doesn't this mean Fields was assigned? That he is still her attorney?

Doesn't this mean Fields was assigned? That he is still her attorney?

Yes, Robert Fields was assigned to Misty as her PD.

So we have a not gulity plea (scratching head). I am really suprised that Fields is going with a jury trial on this given the video and audio on everything, wonder what her excuse is, no that was not me in the video ? it was Nay Nay in disguise ( roll eyes). Perhaps Fields is going to try for entrapment, If I was Misty I would not want to be sitting on a jury trial on this, not at all. Perhaps Fields thinks she has a better chance at a lessor sentence through Jury then just the judge handing down her sentence ...I don't know, go figure :)

Looks to me like RF is going to play the sympathy card in Misty's defense.

Misty Enters Written Not Guilty Plea

POSTED: Monday, March 8, 2010

Video Report: Lawyer Enters Written Plea For Misty http://www.newsjax.com/video/22779250/index.html

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Cummings, who was scheduled to go before a St. Johns County judge Monday on drug trafficking charges, entered a written not guilty plea instead.

Misty did not show up to court today, her lawyer entered a non - guilty plea and ask for a jury hearing. http://www.news4jax.com/news/22778027/detail.html

So we have a not gulity plea (scratching head). I am really suprised that Fields is going with a jury trial on this given the video and audio on everything, wonder what her excuse is, no that was not me in the video ? it was Nay Nay in disguise ( roll eyes). Perhaps Fields is going to try for entrapment, If I was Misty I would not want to be sitting on a jury trial on this, not at all. Perhaps Fields thinks she has a better chance at a lessor sentence through Jury then just the judge handing down her sentence ...I don't know, go figure :)

I remember Misty crying and saying she didn't approach him about the drugs, that he came to her. I don't know if that changes anything, but unless she has sold to others, it could help. Maybe the number of drug transactions and not the number of "customers" make it a felony. Fields must have something up his sleeve.
One question please. Where is the post with the video/pictures of Ronald and Haleigh? I saw it earlier, but now I can't find it. It was a real tear jerker, and I wanted to go back an comment on it.

The "not guilty" plea is a negotiation tool. Faced with a jury trial, the burden is now upon the State to bring forth the evidence and witnesses which will prove their case. I'm sure Mr. Fields is not unaware of the surveillance video, so it is my belief that the two "not guilty" pleas of Misty Croslin-Cummings are a first step toward seeing whether she has any information which could prove valuable to the State in order to lessen the drug charges.

Just My Opinion.

"Snip" Cummings/Croslin

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/c...?caseid=192668

Case Number: 10000141CFMA

Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 1/21/2010

SAO Case No: (N/A) Total Fees Due: 0.00

Booking No: 100334

Agency: FDLE Custody Location: COUNTY JAIL

Judge
BERGER, WENDY W

Plaintiff Attorneys
STATE OF FLORIDA ROYS, JACQUELYN

Defendant Attorneys
FIELDS, ROBERT M

CROSLIN CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE No Party Selected
CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)
CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)

Charges: Disposition:
TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) (N/A)

Case Number Party Type Charge Case Status Disposition Fees Due Next Court Event

Date Event Judge Location Result
4/6/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328
3/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY ARRAIGNMENT BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLEA FILED

Image Date Docket Text
3/8/2010 NOTICE MAILED TO ATTORNEY (DEFENDANT)
3/8/2010 FELONY PRETRIAL SET FOR 04/06/2010 AT 1:30 PM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W

3/8/2010 APPEARANCE/PLEA OF NOT GUILTY/DEMAND FOR TRIAL BY JURY/NOTICE OF DISCOVERY/REQUEST FOR COPY OF INFORMATION/MOTION FOR STATEMENT OF PARTICULARS

wth?!!

When I clicked on your link, madj, I got a page not found error, then when I removed the case # I got this msg:
=================================

Under Construction

GREETINGS FROM MARK !!!! This is the index.htm file in inetpub\wwwroot. The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.

If you are the Web site administrator and feel you have received this message in error, please see "Enabling and Disabling Dynamic Content" in IIS Help.

To access IIS Help

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open text box, type inetmgr. IIS Manager appears.
From the Help menu, click Help Topics.
Click Internet Information Services.

========================================

And when I clicked on Maryann's link to the video, I got a page offering to sell me that URL.

Cripes - I was afraid Cobra's audios would be the death of me & my computer. [j/k, but still...]

;)

I'm sure this is going to be a "poor innocent Misty got caught up in the deviant misdoings of [fill in name of person(s) they decide to go with]" defense. This is where she'll use the "I'm just a kid" carp. Good thing, though, the videos show she wasn't just caught up in the moment. She knew what she was doing. She was a big part of it - orchestrating much of it.

I'm sure this is going to be a "poor innocent Misty got caught up in the deviant misdoings of [fill in name of person(s) they decide to go with]" defense. This is where she'll use the "I'm just a kid" carp. Good thing, though, the videos show she wasn't just caught up in the moment. She knew what she was doing. She was a big part of it - orchestrating much of it.

ITA - it's a dammed shame that Ronald took up with a criminal mastermind like her. He's such a shrinking violet. She DEEEstroyed that boy's life.

yeah ok Misty, waste more of the taxpayer $$ by prolonging this

JUST PLEAD GUILTY

and while you're at it, WHERE'S HAILEY?!

I think it's standard for a defendant to plead not guilty, during their first appearances. This gives the attorney time to negotiate a plea deal with the state, if one is to be had. I don't see anyway this is going to trial. Were she to plead guilty the judge would have to sentence then and there. Even though the defendant may be guilty as sin, I have never heard of one pleading guilty in the early stages.

I have even heard defendants, up for their arraignment, tell their attorney they wanted to plead guilty and the attorney pulls them aside and explains that the judge doesn't want a guilty plea now...as it forces him to sentence the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie