Josh allegedly visits strip club after wife disappearance?

handyrandyrc

Reaction score
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9943955

"He wanted me to come over and bend down so he could see my *advertiser censored*, kept telling me I had a nice [behind], telling me to come down there; he wouldn't hurt me; bend over," Liz Burkholder said.

Customers also claimed the man identified as Powell made them uncomfortable and said things like, "You don't know what kind of day I've had."

Now are people just making things up about Josh because they don't like him? There is no proof, other than eyewitness accounts. Or is the story just getting weirder and weirder?

I don't like this loser , but he had the children, ( he could of left them in the van) and it just seems too convenient that the surveillance cameras were not working.

I don't like this loser , but he had the children, ( he could of left them in the van) and it just seems too convenient that the surveillance cameras were not working.

I don't find that so odd. When they say it wasn't working that night it might not mean only that night. It may have been broken for several days or it might be that it's only there for show. They can be expensive to run and some places only put up the cameras. JMO

I know what you mean about the cams, but I'm just not buying into this story. Joshy is a and I wish they could get something on him, however, I'm not sure this is it.

I think that strip club figured out a way to get free advertising. Heh.

"West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says investigators are aware of the tip, and they did investigate it, however police were not able to confirm it was for sure Josh based on statements from the eyewitnesses."

From the article - maybe they told the police back in December and that is when the police investigated it? I can't imagine them just telling the police right now for the first time. I do wonder why they are telling the public about it now though.

"West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says investigators are aware of the tip, and they did investigate it, however police were not able to confirm it was for sure Josh based on statements from the eyewitnesses."

From the article - maybe they told the police back in December and that is when the police investigated it? I can't imagine them just telling the police right now for the first time. I do wonder why they are telling the public about it now though.

If there were as many people in there as supposedly there were, you'd think a lot of people would be able to identify him. I just about always use my debit card when I go places. A strip club may be different because you want a lot of dollar bills, ummm...I've been told. :blushing: You'd think though that they would be able to trace that or see if he took money out that day before he allegedly went there.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A bartender, club owners, and customer tell ABC 4 News Josh Powell was inside a strip club the day after Susan went missing.

ABC 4 News recieved a tip that Josh Powell may have been at the Duces Wild strip bar the day Susan Powell was reported missing. We spoke to a patron and the owners of Duces Wild in Salt Lake, and they tell us they realized the man that was at the club that afternoon was Josh Powell, after seeing his face on the news.

A patron we spoke to says Josh was acting strangely and even had his phone confiscated briefly by a club bouncer. They remember Josh because he was not a regular at the bar and called attention to him by his erratic behavior.

One of Josh Powell's neighbors says she called him that day wondering what happened to him and his wife. Josh showed up at his house around 5pm, about half an hour bar owners left their establishment.

We'll have a full report on ABC 4 News at ten,

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/stor...isited-strip-club/666gpASkxkaAnXq87NEPgA.cspx

"He wanted me to come over and bend down so he could see my *advertiser censored*, kept telling me I had a nice [behind], telling me to come down there; he wouldn't hurt me; bend over," Liz Burkholder said.

Customers also claimed the man identified as Powell made them uncomfortable and said things like, "You don't know what kind of day I've had."

Now are people just making things up about Josh because they don't like him? There is no proof, other than eyewitness accounts. Or is the story just getting weirder and weirder?

This does not surprise me and I believe Liz Burkholder. I believe the argument they had was because of Josh feeling rejected. He knew full well she was going to leave him because he had not been attempting to achieve the goals she set for him. With the April deadline rapidly approaching, and knowing full well he had no desire of changing, Josh was becoming more and more resentful each day.

If you recall, several hours before Josh claimed he went camping, he made a special meal for Susan, covered her with a blanket and was being extremely sweet to her, so much so that JoVanna Owings noticed and Susan expressed her thankfulness.

I believe the reason behind Josh's behavior was because he was hoping to have sex with Susan later on. When that didn't happen and she rejected him once again, he became enraged and either struck, choked or smothered her.

If he was indeed at a strip club AFTER having murdered Susan, clearly he was still horny, enough so that he left his two little boys out in the van! Perhaps he was under the influence of methamphetamine which can make men very horny.

One has to wonder how he managed to stay in the bar that entire time with his boys out in the van! Surely the woman who made this report has read enough to know he had his sons with him! Were his boys sleeping because he gave them a mild sedative?

We spoke to a patron and the owners of Duces Wild in Salt Lake, and they tell us they realized the man that was at the club that afternoon was Josh Powell, after seeing his face on the news.

A patron we spoke to says Josh was acting strangely and even had his phone confiscated briefly by a club bouncer. They remember Josh because he was not a regular at the bar and called attention to him by his erratic behavior.

One of Josh Powell's neighbors says she called him that day wondering what happened to him and his wife. Josh showed up at his house around 5pm, about half an hour bar owners left their establishment.

We'll have a full report on ABC 4 News at ten,

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/stor...isited-strip-club/666gpASkxkaAnXq87NEPgA.cspx

the article has some semantic issues... (*note I am using artistic license in inserting words* on what I put in red):
Josh showed up at his house around 5pm, about half an hour *after* bar owners *say he left* left their establishment.

http://duceswildslc.com/default.aspx

This is a link to the "establishment". I thought in Utah, you have to be a "member" to enter a club that serves alcohol. I thought you could buy a temporary membership card for a few bucks, so it wouldn't be a big deal, but shouldn't there be a record of it?

I'm not sure if the liquor laws were changed in December 2009 or not.

Really, I don't know how much of this is FUD or if it is really true. However, the staff seems together on this, that is IS who they thought it was.

This is a link to the "establishment". I thought in Utah, you have to be a "member" to enter a club that serves alcohol. I thought you could buy a temporary membership card for a few bucks, so it wouldn't be a big deal, but shouldn't there be a record of it?

Seriously? :eek:

also another snip from the link I just posted up stream:

sounds like the media is onto some timing issues (ie, the exact time the neighbor called and any pings that would place him in the strip club)

was this the neighbor who called him and he didn't show up until many hours later? Was he at this strip club during that time?

The Utah liquor laws changed in March, 2009 so that the "memberships" were no longer necessary.

If any "medications" are involved that would make this story credible, the boys might have needed to sleep, then LE has the details. This might be smoke and mirrors, but also might be sending a message with a special meaning for Josh and his future. I have a problem with it being "breaking news" at this point.

The boys could have been at home with Susan. When he goes home from the strip club is when the chit hits the fan.

I don't think the bartender and stripper are making this story up! I believe, when they realized it was Josh Powell who came into their club, they talked to the police right away.

Just because the police didn't inform the public about this doesn't mean it isn't true. After all, they haven't told us much of anything! Now that this story has hit the paper, perhaps some of the patrons who were there at the time will come forward and speak to the police.

I believe the stripper and the bartender got tired of waiting for the police to announce the findings of their forensic investigations and finally decided to go to the media!

I believe the police specifically requested that they NOT inform the media and as each day passed without an arrest, these witnesses got more and more frustrated and finally decided to talk to the media anyway!

Josh Powell is an odd fellow and these strip club employees would absolutely remember him, especially since he was in their establishment for two hours!

Why would Josh Powell be in a strip club after allegedly murdering Susan? Was he so horny that he just couldn't help himself? Did the argument the night before, resulting in Susan's death, have to do with Susan rejecting Josh sexually AGAIN, even though he went far out of his way to make her pancakes and eggs, cover her with a blanket and be exceptionally sweet?

Could Josh have been high on methamphetamine, a drug that can make men very horny, especially if they haven't used it that much? Could that be why it took him so long to make the meal? Because he was tweeking and confused? Could that be why he took the kids out sledding at 5:00 when the day should have been winding down? Is that why he was still awake at 12:30 AM to go camping?

Could Josh have had *advertiser censored* on his computer and not want Susan to find out? Is that why he wouldn't let her use his computer?

EVERYTHING IS MY OPINION. I am not presenting anything as fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back