WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she has seen him since this has happened, but I'm not sure if he's living with WC again.

Miss Maple, do you know if JF has other children from previous marriages?
I'm just interested in a head count.

It's different for criminal cases. For one, subpoenas may only be issued when a case has already been filed. Usually in criminal matters, warrants are needed and issued before any charges have been filed. Plus, there are constitutional restrictions on the government's abilities to search and seize evidence and information.

Subpoena powers for civil cases is almost limitless, unlike criminal cases.

Correct me if I am wrong, a search warrant is not need when involving a registered sex offender or someone on parole?

IF the killer had a plan. If the killer snapped and killed her in a fit of rage.............probably not premeditated. Otherwise, I don't think the car would have been found right away........and neither would her remains.

Yup, the "accident" could have happened and then he could have pulled all the rest from watching that television show, "Dexter". Although he would have had to know about the CB location fairly recently, I think. Which either speaks to premeditation or scouting out the location sometime Wednesday or Thursday. We just don't know how long the body had been there.

The rumor that construction tools were used makes me think accident too. If you have premeditate dismemberment you are gonna want some good boning knives or a butchery set. Hey wait, wasn't that one of the things a store was asked about by LE? A knife set? Maybe the knife set was missing from the spec house and that's what made someone "upset"??? Maybe it was replaced with a different one and someone noticed?

IF the killer had a plan. If the killer snapped and killed her in a fit of rage.............probably not premeditated. Otherwise, I don't think the car would have been found right away........and neither would her remains.

That's what I have believed all along. Killer became enraged and accidentally killed MC. Killer was in a rush to tend to the body. As he worked to dispose of the body, he either decided to further damage it because he wanted to make death seem like someone caused did it, or because he wanted to hurt someone.

I think he had already committed murder when he left the car at PC. I haven't decided where I think the murder occurred, or when exactly....and what he did with the body between 5:42 and 7 pm.

Miss Maple, would you possibly know if the girl's dad's fiance has children, and how old are they if she does?

IMO whoever dumped the body next to the river did not have access to a boat. If they had a boat why not conceal the body inside the boat on land then take the boat to the river and go out and dispose of the evidence. It just doesn't make sense to transport the body to the rivers edge, then go get the boat and go back to pick up the body then take it out to dispose of it in the water.

I know, that was my big hangup with the boat theory. It would be far easier and less suspicious to load the body directly into the boat before leaving Wenatchee.

But then I remembered the river level was so extremely and unusually low at that time. I've rarely, if ever, seen the river that low.

The river being so low would make it impossible for a person to launch a boat at the CB boat launch. Also, it is likely the river was too low to even drive a boat out of the channel.

There is a second less well-known boat launch on CB island, but a lot of people don't know about it. It took me 8 years to learn of its existence.

There are only 5 boat launches between Rock Island Dam and Wanapum Dam (going from Rock Island Dam down river to Wanapum Dam): (1) Spanish Castle; (2) Little CB; (3) CB; (4) CB Island; and (5) Sunland Estates.

Spanish Castle boat launch suffers from the same problems as the CB boat launch during low river levels.

Little CB is a bunch of private homes that are lived in year around, and the folks living there consider that boat launch to be their own private boat launch (though it is definitely public). So, the perps would be much more likely to be noticed at this boat launch. Plus, it's unlikely the perps knew about this boat launch.

Sunland Estates is about a 45-minute drive from CB. I don't think the perps would trailor a boat that far.

Therefore, the perps may have wanted to dispose of MC's body in the river via boat, but they were forced to move MC's body immediately and launching a boat on the river at that time was simply impossible.

FYI: The only public boat launch on the west side of the river between Rock Island Dam and Wanapum Dam is at Vantage.

BBM

Thank you for that. This leads me to wonder if the scene of the homicide might have been a construction site in or around Wenatchee. So much about this case seems connected in one way or another with people associated with construction. JMHO of course.

IMO, it is WC's house.

I have not heard any information that WC's house has been searched.

If not, then that could be another reason why LE are keeping a watch on her house, i.e., to discourage her or someone else from destroying evidence inside the house until LE have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant for the house.

Even though I SUSPECT that LE has probable cause to arrest WC right now, that does not mean LE has probable cause to believe that her house contains evidence of MC's murder.

That's what I have believed all along. Killer became enraged and accidentally killed MC. Killer was in a rush to tend to the body. As he worked to dispose of the body, he either decided to further damage it because he wanted to make death seem like someone caused did it, or because he wanted to hurt someone.

I think he had already committed murder when he left the car at PC. I haven't decided where I think the murder occurred, or when exactly....and what he did with the body between 5:42 and 7 pm.

As to the wounds on the body:

I still can't understand the face, (if it was as bad as rumored - extreme hatred!), but as to the other damage. If the dismemberment idea fell through, but the plan still included sinking the body, maybe the other wounds were to insure bloating didn't occur?

Could this be where the rumor someone "lost their stomach" came into play?

Greydiggity brought it up in Thread #3 here:
A couple thoughts... Usually by this point we would have heard that someone has an air tight alibi, or someone is a person of interest. Other family members would/should have offered to take a polygraph to clear themselves and put the focus on the real perp. I know someone has failed a polygraph two times, as we stated yesterday. Then there are the two brothers in jail who are rumored to have assisted in the body moving. The potential crime scenes are staggering. The state of her body was horrific. I have also heard that their goal was to remove all signs of recognition. That includes braces. I also heard that they lost their stomach and couldn't complete their task. SO, what would put someone in this mess? Is it worth all of this because of an affair? Why would Mac's friends state that she was seeming "happier" in the weeks prior to her death. How would such a seemingly happy exterior take a turn in such a way that we as a county, state and country are forced to divulge horrendous (alleged) facts to determine what this poor girl went through.

And a little more here also from thread #3: (Where I believe the idea of vomit was first brought up).
Their plan to do this failed, apparently. They lost their stomach. I wondered when I heard that if they meant "literally" as in vomit was found somewhere. That is why I thought they used the bag to cover her head. I imagine that was why her clothes were on. Was she undressed and dressed again post mortem? We won't hear this until after they release the autopsy. I imagine not, since there was no rape. I heard braces only, not teeth, but I don't know that first hand. Ug.

Yup, the "accident" could have happened and then he could have pulled all the rest from watching that television show, "Dexter". Although he would have had to know about the CB location fairly recently, I think. Which either speaks to premeditation or scouting out the location sometime Wednesday or Thursday. We just don't know how long the body had been there.

The rumor that construction tools were used makes me think accident too. If you have premeditate dismemberment you are gonna want some good boning knives or a butchery set. Hey wait, wasn't that one of the things a store was asked about by LE? A knife set? Maybe the knife set was missing from the spec house and that's what made someone "upset"??? Maybe it was replaced with a different one and someone noticed?

I believe the rumor was a type of kitchen shear. We never explored if Mackenzie had her own hair cutting equipment/shears that might have been used. At some point they buy expensive ones. She might have had those with her, but probably not if she was supposedly just leaving for a coffee break and expected back. speculation

I know, that was my big hangup with the boat theory. It would be far easier and less suspicious to load the body directly into the boat before leaving Wenatchee.

But then I remembered the river level was so extremely and unusually low at that time. I've rarely, if ever, seen the river that low.

The river being so low would make it impossible for a person to launch a boat at the CB boat launch. Also, it is likely the river was too low to even drive a boat out of the channel.

There is a second less well-known boat launch on CB island, but a lot of people don't know about it. It took me 8 years to learn of its existence.

There are only 5 boat launches between Rock Island Dam and Wanapum Dam (going from Rock Island Dam down river to Wanapum Dam): (1) Spanish Castle; (2) Little CB; (3) CB; (4) CB Island; and (5) Sunland Estates.

Spanish Castle boat launch suffers from the same problems as the CB boat launch during low river levels.

Little CB is a bunch of private homes that are lived in year around, and the folks living there consider that boat launch to be their own private boat launch (though it is definitely public). So, the perps would be much more likely to be noticed at this boat launch. Plus, it's unlikely the perps knew about this boat launch.

Sunland Estates is about a 45-minute drive from CB. I don't think the perps would trailor a boat that far.

Therefore, the perps may have wanted to dispose of MC's body in the river via boat, but they were forced to move MC's body immediately and launching a boat on the river at that time was simply impossible.

FYI: The only public boat launch on the west side of the river between Rock Island Dam and Wanapum Dam is at Vantage.

Oh, this is interesting info. I always wondered if those black skid marks in the driveway were from a trailer, (they look a little thin to be pickup or SUV tires). And it is very easy to lock up a trailer's tires too. Especially with a lighter weight fishing boat or some such, (probably not a big Bayliner).

Thanks for this info.

Miss Maple, would you possibly know if the girl's dad's fiance has children, and how old are they if she does?

I have wondered this also, especially in light of my friend's dream, but wasn't sure if we could go there........

Does anyone know if anyone has been "cleared"? Maybe Miss Maple could clear up the rumor about JF failing multiple lie detector tests...

Also, has there been any talk from WC or JF lately about this? What they think of the rumors, who they think did it, etc.

IMO, it is WC's house.

If not, then that could be another reason why LE are keeping a watch on her house, i.e., to discourage her or someone else from destroying evidence inside the house until LE have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant for the house.

Even though I SUSPECT that LE has probable cause to arrest WC right now, that does not mean LE has probable cause to believe that her house contains evidence of MC's murder.

Interesting... so you are suspicious of WC, or WC with the aid of another individual??

IMO, it is WC's house.

Can you explain to me how a search warrant works? It makes no sense that you could have enough evidence to arrest someone but not enough to get a search warrant for their primary residence.

As to the wounds on the body:

I still can't understand the face, (if it was as bad as rumored - extreme hatred!), but as to the other damage. If the dismemberment idea fell through, but the plan still included sinking the body, maybe the other wounds were to insure bloating didn't occur?

Could this be where the rumor someone "lost their stomach" came into play?

Greydiggity brought it up in Thread #3 here:

And a little more here also from thread #3: (Where I believe the idea of vomit was first brought up).

I believe the term used was that there was no EVIDENCE of rape? We've discussed that there could be rape without evidence and could have been consensual sex or.....sex without rape...............The autopsy would reveal a lot, but don't blame them for not releasing it.

I'm pretty sure you can access the river if you go through the grassy area where the figure 8 is at. So, yes. But the trails going through the brushy-area would offer a lot more concealment than any other way.

Yes, a wheel barrow could make it to the place where I THINK MC's body was found.

Maybe it wasn't a wheel barrow, but a dolly (with big wheels) or something. Does anybody in construction know of any wheel barrow-like or dolly-like aperatus used in construction or building houses?

"...But the trails going through the brushy-area..."

"Trails" is plural. Does that mean the newly made trail is not the only one and there has been a trail through the brushy area below the ponds for quite some time?

I don't believe that she did get her car washed. I was at the car wash today (the one next to Dusty's) and inquired to the attendant about the rumor and he looked surprised and said that he didn't know anything about it. I would assume that if it were a different attendant that seen her, that he would have at least told his buddy that worked with him. If I am mistaken about which car wash, I appologize.

My guess for the carwash location would be the Superwash located on the corner of 5th St. and Wenatchee Avenue. It fits the description best, with both do it yourself washing stalls, as well as the drive thru service WITH the attendant. I heard the car wash rumor before it hit, from a friend of a friend in LE.
Re: The muddy tires. Even if the car wash freshly washed, the coating on the tires is very much in line with the clay-like soil here in Wenatchee. It reminds me of my own home construction...no driveway installed until end of construction + thawing puddles of snow on dirt = mud gooped tires.

Now we just need to figure out WHERE that car picked up the mud. Hmmm.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=&ie=UTF8&q=Superwash,+Wenatchee&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Superwash,&hnear=Wenatchee&hl=en&view=map&f=d&daddr=504+North+Wenatchee+Avenue,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801-2058&geocode=CRthYs7qEOxPFV680wIdyh3U-CFgQtY70Ra6DQ&ved=0CEcQ_wY&sa=X&ei=azeYS4bDCZHosAO_5tGDAg

Does anyone know if anyone has been "cleared"? Maybe Miss Maple could clear up the rumor about JF failing multiple lie detector tests...

Also, has there been any talk from WC or JF lately about this? What they think of the rumors, who they think did it, etc.

Yesterday someone posted that they have a friend who knows WC and she alluded to the fact that she has an idea of who did this, and so does LE... Tell me someone else read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12