GMH Timeline with Discussion and Theories

My observations of the GBI, is that the Special Agents are very Professional, Caring, and as thorough as possible under the tremendous caseload and budget constraints that they are under. They are very Elite, simply the 'Best of the Best'. Due to the politics involved, the longevity of the Leadership, antiquated policies, procedures, strategies, and the refusal to adopt new technology, utilize available resources, and improve communication with other agencies & the public, seems the cold cases keep mounting up.
Kristi's abduction is very personal to them, as well as the local LE & other LEO Agencies involved in the investigation, since she was one of theirs(Probation Officer).

Meredith's 2008 DNA Law, could lighten the caseload due to the recidivism of predators, but not without proper funding.

http://www.democraticpartyofgeorgia.org/node/... [/url]

Moultrie Observer - GBI: No crime lab decision yet.. GBI spokesman John Bankhead said that no decision has been made.

The closing of two of the labs is part of the budget cuts the agency is required to submit....

Learned tonight that Search Organizations cannot plant themselves into a search or investigation, unless requested by the Victim's Family or LE Agency. I am confident that proven Organizations such as Monica Caison's CUE, out of NC, would jump at the chance to lend a helping hand to bring Kristi Cornwell home... A simple phone call or email would get the ball rolling...
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

8 Rob Neufeld on books: WNC novel fictionalizes trails serial killer
Rob Neufeld • COLUMNIST • February 28, 2010
Romance, a sociopath, and a Blue Ridge Mountain summer camp compete for top billing in Rose Senehi's novel “The Wind in the Woods,” and you might say the camp wins. The novel is one of 15 current books published by the new Boone-area outfit Canterbury House, which seeks to advance good writing, regional settings, suspense and stories of hope.
Canterbury's best-selling titles are the “Ride” series by Alabama writers Edie Hand and Jeffrey Addison (a.k.a. Don Keith). Their novella,“A Christmas Ride,” tells of miracles of reconciliation experienced by a family on Christmas stays in the mountains.
“The Soldier's Ride” involves visitations in a cemetery and an appreciation of war veterans' struggles.
Senehi taps another inspirational source: efforts to preserve wilderness and use its effects to build character in youth. She launches her book at four locations in Western North Carolina, March 7-14 (see box).
Creepy entrance
“If they only knew who they ushered out of that cell,” Gary Skinner, a sociopath, mutters to himself after being let out of the Buncombe County jail at the beginning of “The Wind in the Woods”(trade paperback,$15.95).
“If everything went the way he planned, by the end of the week he'd have enough cash to head back down to Satellite Beach” in Florida, where the murder of Melissa Hunt should have become a cold case.
Skinner murders people on hiking trails to get their money and bank cards.
Senehi drew some of her details from the October 2007 murder of John and Irene Bryant and from the confession of Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old killer of Meredith Emerson in north Georgia in 2008.
Senehi's lead chapter, in which the reader catches up with the mind of Skinner, is literary and disturbing. Skinner's modus operandi is believably detailed and improvisational.
Very good suspense writing, however, cannot fully deepen the unambiguous division of good and evil in the novel. Skinner's story does not connect with the themes of the other characters' stories except as someone who generates fear and heroism.
(2 of 2)
The flip side
Romance is another matter. A love of Camp Green River is integral to lovers' love.“Almost every couple he knew,” Senehi writes of the camp owner,“Tiger” Morrison “met at camp, worked together at camp, or got together through some camp connection.”
Morrison breaks up with his stylish companion, Liz, because of her disdain for the commonness of camp. Liz wants him to turn over the camp to Sammy, his daughter by his late wife, who died in a car crash with a drunken driver.
Sammy lives and breathes the camp.“She practically grew up learning to look for and recognize anything that grew or crawled around on the forest floor. Over the past 24 years she'd hiked every trail on their three thousand acres a hundred times.”
When Sammy goes on a hike to Ruby Falls with Patrick, a smitten camp counselor, they talk about one of Patrick's charges, Tucker, a math prodigy with a nature deficit disorder.
“Are you familiar with the Fibonacci ratios?” Patrick asks Sammy. Yes, she had read about it in “The Da Vinci Code.” The ratios show up in pine cones, flower petals and other natural patterns, and Patrick figures he “can teach it to Tucker and try to draw him into connecting his number fetish to nature.”
That's the third element in the book: connecting children to an ethic that goes back to the Cherokee, from whom Morrison's ancestors got the land, and to Ernest Thompson Seton, the Scots founder of the League of Woodcraft Indians.
It's an ethic that this region can boast.
“The year 2010,” Senehi writes in her acknowledgements,“marks the 100th anniversary of the establishment of summer youth camps in the Hendersonville/Brevard area, which contains the highest concentration of camps in the United States.”

Monday Mar 8 Rob Neufeld on books: WNC novel fictionalizes trails serial killer
Rob Neufeld • COLUMNIST • February 28, 2010
Romance, a sociopath, and a Blue Ridge Mountain summer camp compete for top billing in Rose Senehi's novel “The Wind in the Woods,” and you might say the camp wins. The novel is one of 15 current books published by the new Boone-area outfit Canterbury House, which seeks to advance good writing, regional settings, suspense and stories of hope.
Canterbury's best-selling titles are the “Ride” series by Alabama writers Edie Hand and Jeffrey Addison (a.k.a. Don Keith). Their novella,“A Christmas Ride,” tells of miracles of reconciliation experienced by a family on Christmas stays in the mountains.
“The Soldier's Ride” involves visitations in a cemetery and an appreciation of war veterans' struggles.
Senehi taps another inspirational source: efforts to preserve wilderness and use its effects to build character in youth. She launches her book at four locations in Western North Carolina, March 7-14 (see box).
Creepy entrance
“If they only knew who they ushered out of that cell,” Gary Skinner, a sociopath, mutters to himself after being let out of the Buncombe County jail at the beginning of “The Wind in the Woods”(trade paperback,$15.95).
“If everything went the way he planned, by the end of the week he'd have enough cash to head back down to Satellite Beach” in Florida, where the murder of Melissa Hunt should have become a cold case.
Skinner murders people on hiking trails to get their money and bank cards.
Senehi drew some of her details from the October 2007 murder of John and Irene Bryant and from the confession of Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old killer of Meredith Emerson in north Georgia in 2008.
Senehi's lead chapter, in which the reader catches up with the mind of Skinner, is literary and disturbing. Skinner's modus operandi is believably detailed and improvisational.
Very good suspense writing, however, cannot fully deepen the unambiguous division of good and evil in the novel. Skinner's story does not connect with the themes of the other characters' stories except as someone who generates fear and heroism.
(2 of 2)
The flip side
Romance is another matter. A love of Camp Green River is integral to lovers' love.“Almost every couple he knew,” Senehi writes of the camp owner,“Tiger” Morrison “met at camp, worked together at camp, or got together through some camp connection.”
Morrison breaks up with his stylish companion, Liz, because of her disdain for the commonness of camp. Liz wants him to turn over the camp to Sammy, his daughter by his late wife, who died in a car crash with a drunken driver.
Sammy lives and breathes the camp.“She practically grew up learning to look for and recognize anything that grew or crawled around on the forest floor. Over the past 24 years she'd hiked every trail on their three thousand acres a hundred times.”
When Sammy goes on a hike to Ruby Falls with Patrick, a smitten camp counselor, they talk about one of Patrick's charges, Tucker, a math prodigy with a nature deficit disorder.
“Are you familiar with the Fibonacci ratios?” Patrick asks Sammy. Yes, she had read about it in “The Da Vinci Code.” The ratios show up in pine cones, flower petals and other natural patterns, and Patrick figures he “can teach it to Tucker and try to draw him into connecting his number fetish to nature.”
That's the third element in the book: connecting children to an ethic that goes back to the Cherokee, from whom Morrison's ancestors got the land, and to Ernest Thompson Seton, the Scots founder of the League of Woodcraft Indians.

Foxfire,
Therein lies the problem. No offense to the gentleman in Dawsonville (Wolsfcratch) and his research but I can not quote him. I have to find information that stands alone. If I can corroborate his information and cite a credible source I can use it though...

The book info is interesting for sure, thank you.

BTW, I got a copy of "Deadly Run" and have watched it so many times I think my eyes are going to bleed, ugh, lol.

Thank you, truly. If you don't mind, are there LE reports or depositions etc, something with teeth I can cite that is verifiable, that I can quote as evidence that he was indeed known to live or frequent these areas? Any help you can provide is so truly appreciated. There are many areas that have been identified online as speculation that GMH camped/lived/hiked at but I am having trouble with being able to cite credibly.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am ever so thankful for the information, please believe that.

Is there any way possible you could share why you believe these areas are of importance? (Yes, I mapped them and thank you again, honestly.)

dsntslp, prolly are reports if a FOI is requested. Keep in mind this the Good Ole Boy & Girl Network territory. That is why GMH felt safe here.
If you are local, i will personally show you documentation, clothes, purses, backpacks, van seats, ritual grounds, and graves of GMH. I will let you talk to the eyewitnessess personally...

Why do you think Floyd Rosen filed a FOI request over two years later? GMH had Associates, sidekicks, and had been preying on our families, friends, and loved ones for decades oblivious to Law Enforcement. (If not for Meredith Hope Emerson's heroic and courageous efforts, GMH would still be active..

They simply want this to go away. Why do you think they all retired after this tragedy?

dsntslp, prolly are reports if a FOI is requested. Keep in mind this the Good Ole Boy & Girl Network territory. That is why GMH felt safe here.
If you are local, i will personally show you documentation, clothes, purses, backpacks, van seats, ritual grounds, and graves of GMH. I will let you talk to the eyewitnessess personally...

Why do you think Floyd Rosen filed a FOI request over two years later? GMH had Associates, sidekicks, and had preying on our families, friends, and loved ones for decades oblivious to Law Enforcement.

They simply want this to go away. Why do you think they all retired after this tragedy?

I'm not convinced FOIA works in GA the way it works in FL. Right now, the Cold Case Division just took over the case and I sure don't want to step on anybody's toes. If there is a chance they can find out what happened to Leslie I want to give them the time and space to do that. But, if they drop the ball or the trail goes cold, if they say they can do no more... I'll be there.

Right now, I am more than appreciative they are back at it again.

BTW, I got a copy of "Deadly Run" and have watched it so many times I think my eyes are going to bleed, ugh, lol.

Good for you, I mean that. You cannot understand the artist without looking at the painting.
The script is an autobiography of Gary Michael Hilton. Were you aware that GMH, had a private pilots license.
There is the scene where the 3 hunters happens up on the SK burring the victim. A similar scenario happened here on Burnt Mountain near GMHs Safe Haven and where his writing studio was eyewitnessed by Donald Holcomb in the Anderson/Goss House.

GMH, was Necrophile, cannibal, and suffered from Oepidus complex.
GMH, was a stealth Predator. The GBI/FBI knew he was out there since 1980, just didn't know his identity. VICAP would have identified several Serial KIillers active due to the Geographical Profile, morphing of the MO and Sigature which was a result of his copycating of serial killers prior. I am confident of this..

I'm not convinced FOIA works in GA the way it works in FL. Right now, the Cold Case Division just took over the case and I sure don't want to step on anybody's toes. If there is a chance they can find out what happened to Leslie I want to give them the time and space to do that. But, if they drop the ball or the trail goes cold, if they say they can do no more... I'll be there.

Right now, I am more than appreciative they are back at it again.

I understand completely.
I am attending the CUE Center Nat Conference for the Missing on Thurs-Sun.
i am really looking forward to it. Monica Caison is a Firecracker(my words) Some folks say that I should be comitted, but she really is... The Victim or Missing Person is her only focus. if a person is missing, she won't give up til she locates them, even if it's decades later..

I so wish I was privy to the records and info LE has so I could rule him out. I do not want this to be him. I just can not find a reason to rule him out. I want to...I want to rule him out. I just can't...yet.

Foxfire,
Therein lies the problem. No offense to the gentleman in Dawsonville (Wolsfcratch) and his research but I can not quote him. I have to find information that stands alone. If I can corroborate his information and cite a credible source I can use it though...

What Wolfscratch revealed was only conjecture and speculation in January 2008. Most of the information has now been verified. Much of the verification has been sealed due to the silence in the upcoming death penalty trial.

Good luck to you Dsntlp

Thank you Foxfire. Truly.

I would really like to continue our discussion, maybe tomorrow night???

I'll look into the books.

Thanks again.

Dsn

I so wish I was privy to the records and info LE has so I could rule him out. I do not want this to be him. I just can not find a reason to rule him out. I want to...I want to rule him out. I just can't...yet.

Don't rule GMH out for Leslie, yet. Wasn't she abducted or missing from the Gainesville, GA area?

Don't rule GMH out for Leslie, yet. Wasn't she abducted or missing from the Gainesville, GA area?
Roswell/Alpharetta. I mapped it all out on the Leslie Beebe thread here. I would really like to hear your opinion if you have time to check it out. She was found 5.9 miles from GMH's boss' house/place of business.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17784"]GA-Leslie Beebe - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ETA: Not sure if I posted the map link in this thread.
ETA yes, post #33, this thread.

Roswell/Alpharetta. I mapped it all out on the Leslie Beebe thread here. I would really like to hear your opinion if you have time to check it out. She was found 5.9 miles from GMH's boss' house/place of business.

ETA: Not sure if I posted the map link in this thread.

Yep, I remember leslie's case being discussed months ago. There were marks on her body like a grate or steel cage..

Alpharetta, Cumming, Gainsville are all adjacent to each other. Dawsonville also.. All GMH's stomping grounds.

Have you seen this D?

NoGA Native:

I think kidnapping, rape, torture, murder, mutilation, and decapitation, etc. confirmed in 4 states over several weeks qualifies as a depraved serial killer, as several separate victims are confirmed. That’s not glorifying this guy, that’s the facts.

I saw this guy in the Chattahoochee National Forest in October ‘07, and later took the GBI to a campsite (Lumpkin/Dawson County line, USFS FS road 28-1, Nimblewill Gap Road, camp confirmed by the GBI) on the same day of the recovery of Ms. Emerson’s body. I’ve met many others who say or dealt with him in Georgia before his capture.
———–
I believe the speculation that Hilton took Ga Hwy 53 west to Dawson Forest from the turn-around in the snow above Dahlonega on Hwy 129 is wrong. He turned off Hwy 129 at Turner’s Corner and drove in to national forest off Hwy 60 past Wimpy Field, the US Army’s Camp Merrill, on to FS 28-2, past Camp Wahsega, and later, on to Ga Hwy 52 then south to Ga Hwy. From Hwy 52. Bailey Waters road connects to Afton Bridge Rd, and Amicalola House and on to Lindsey Ford/6 mile camping area, site of the recent double-murder in Dawson Forest, and on to the north end of Dawson Forest off Hwy 53 to High Shoals Road, where Ms. Emerson was later killed. Passing along the area Wolfscratch writes about. The Huddle House and Ace Hardware are west on Hwy 53.

Not only did the GBI fail to act on the direct tips from the Huddle House (not just the late admission by the complicit Tabor about the Hilton call from Marble Hill) that may have saved Ms. Emerson if the GBI had not bottle-necked tips and contacted county LEO in Pickens/Dawson/Lumpkin, but the GBI failed to act with smarts or dispatch to tips of sightings of Hilton in the Nimblewill area while he had Ms. Emerson. Instead of contacting local LEOs, including DNR rangers who know the area, and Amicalola State Park LEO/staff, GBI officers were sent to check the state park registry. Had they told the local services, and local media, the area would have been swarmed, instead of everyone wasting time on Blood Mountain.

Why was the GSP and DNR helicopter not on Blood Mtn? SAR team was told high winds, yet WSBTV heli was all over the mountian, landing at Vogel State Park. Was the governor, who got his helicopter license last year, and has had to make restitution to the state for heli-taxi trips, out for a flight? Check that out.

I have lots more on all this. I’ve waited the 2 years to start writing about it, and my focus will be on what the 4 states LEO contacts by federal FS, state officers, and county officers let slide, and most especially, how the old-school approach of the GBI worked against a good outcome. Had White County GA court filed the bench warrant for the abandonment of the other Astro van in the national forest above Unicoi State Park (2005), also near the AT, and also not far from Rabun County’s unsolved 2006 murder of a women found in the woods, this felon could have been arrested any of the many times he was pulled over or run off by the many officers who interacted with him. At least PC for a search would have lead to all the stolen goods he chose to retain from the car break-ins at trailheads, and cabin break-ins. Who were his fences? Who were his buddies?

In today’s communication-driven era, the British approach to crime solving–especially abductions and murders–of getting as much information out to the public as quickly as possible–usually results in a better outcome and quicker arrest or rescue. The GBI did not want even the info about the baton in the news, and Ms. Emerson’s roommate and others acting to get that out on WSB-TV/AJC led to witnesses immediately coming forth who were on Blood Mtn who ID’d Hilton. He was known to Vogle park, USFS LEOs Tipton and Arrowood had run him out of Rock Creek in August, NC LEO had run him out of Rock Gap AT shelter earlier, and a NC conservation officer sent him on for camping in a wildlife clearing off Wayah Bald Road, NC, and both of these are near where John Bryant’s body was recovered, and the FL women was last seen (Bryson City). FL also reports multiple agencies with LEO contacts in more than the forest where Ms. Dunlap’s body was recovered. The shotgun shell parts at the John Bryant body recovery scene, along with the death by gunshot weren’t explained, yet USFS and ATF burned 400 acres of the Pisgah’s Pink Beds area last year after finding a felon’s camp with gunpowder and bullet-making gear near–a precaution we’re told. A buddy? This guy was a drifter, too, and also a felon.

Much more to share, later, but the focus isn’t on how smart this guy and his deceit of being an ‘MS-stricken, Vietnam Vet on perpetual maneuvers’ odd-ball, but rather on how the multiple counties, states, and local, state, and federal agencies are not equipped to track such a person. Walmart does a better job of tracking shoplifters than our agncy databases. Isn’t that something we can affors to fix? LEO lives are on the line, too.

My call and email to Transylvania county the morning of Jan 3 strongly encouraging them to contact and follow what’s going on in Union Co Ga was ignored, as was my call and email of Saturday night, Jan 6 to Leon County detectives that they also check out the then-arrested Hilton. In both cases, in a few days, they went from publicly telling the press ‘No Connection’ to ‘prime suspect’ as the van full of evidence told the story. That the GBI chose to completely ignore so much evidence at the site I showed them the following Tuesday, with no admitted knowledge of either the Bryant or Dunlap cases, was very unsettling. Their reason was ‘not in the time frame’ meaning they only were concerned with the soon-to-be-closed Emerson case, making no effort in the field to look at the weathered material on the ground in front of them. (Some of the clothes and pillow cases, etc. are still there.) We may have been looking at Ms. Dunlap’s or Mr. Bryant’s clothing–articles that NC LEO might need to tie Hilton to that yet-to-be-indicted double murder we know he did.

I, for one, resent the new American politics of starving government, and my Republican Governor has reduced funding for the GBI, closing some of the offices that worked this case, and reduced the DNR game ranger (LEO) staff that works these woods. The Tuesday discovery of a dead, lost 84-year old Alzheimer’s sufferer in the Cohutta National forest, stuck in the forest service road, is another case of what happens when the safety net goes away. Same with the Saturday morning double-murder at the boat launch on the Amicalola River in Dawson Forest a few weeks ago. The Guv did get a new $18 million jet last year, and was at the Dubai Air Show last month. Meanwhile, the DNR goes wanting. And the federals, well the 6 officers and 2 ATVs for all of the 800,000+ acres of the Chattahoochee NF, is also close to having no coverage. Their budgets were stripped for off-shore wars, yet security in our public lands seems to be of a low priority. Subsidising airline security should be paid for by the flying public, protecting the commons should be a shared responsibility.

And Florida national forests are worse, but at least USFS LEOs can carry shouldered AR-15s when they are driving out squatters and meth heads from our public lands. REade about squatters in the Ocala NF, and meth labs.

And as to how many victims this guy got away with, who knows. The Troup county murder of December 07, unidentified burned decapitated women in bags with a Chamblee Dominos pizza coupon–that’s Hilton territory and on the path to Florida, but this nameless victim had a short news cycle. And the several missing women on the other side (west) of the Talladega NF in Alabama–Albertville and Sylacauga come to mind–any of those agencies even know of this guy Hilton? Or the unsolved murder of the 48 year old in Damascus VA, an AT town, fall of ‘07–just a few hours north of the Pisgah? If not Hilton, then it sure makes the case for a big relational database-that could even have public and LEO partitions for data. Can that be the good that could be made to come of these crimes? Not if our political will doesn’t demand it–and it starts with a healthy questioning or even a stern criticism of how the GBI and others chose to treat this case.

And, the last Hilton camp with the bagged trophies found in the Chattahoochee–that wouldn’t have even been looked at by federals if we weren’t still concerned about the most recent unsolved abduction in Union County…vote for resources and demand competent LEOs.

Seen this D?

For the families of the many victims of GMH & Associates, to begin closure, the truth must be revealed by Law Enforcement and the Justice System.. Until the silence is broken the victims will continue to be denied Justice..

ruse – Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Etymology: French, from Old French, roundabout path taken by fleeing game, trickery, from reuser. Date: 1625. : a wily subterfuge. synonyms see trick …
EXHIBIT 21
08-0093-25-08
10 DATA:
TABER, JOHN JOSEPH DOB:
SEX/RACE: MALEIWHITE ADDRESS:
450 ARBORSHADE TRAIL DULUTH,GA
CELLULAR
SPECIAL AGENT IN CHARGE, ASST JESSE C MADDOX: 1/1 ~
hb 1/22/2008 .
Page 2 of 2 172798
PROPERTY OF GBI
Further dissemination is prohibited without written approval of a GBI Supervisor

Then on Jan. 18, 2008, what finally came to be admitted?

S/A HOWARD asked TABOR if he attempted to contact the GBI when HILTON had called him on January 3,2008. TABOR became visually upset and began to cry. He stated that he did not attempt to call anyone. HILTON contacted TABOR at approximately 4:41 p.m. and asked him for money. After taking the call, TABOR attended to some business requirements prior to receiving a call from ASAC JESSE MADDOX at approximately 6:30 p.m Though during the phone conversation TABOR told ASAC MADDOX that he had been trying to call, TABOR clarified to S/A HOWARD he had not actually tried to contact law enforcement. TABOR stated that “I thought we had him, the ruse was set up for tomorrow”. TABOR never contacted anyone about a “ruse” or about HILTON calling him. TABOR only provided the information about HILTON’s 4:41 p.m. call when he was directly asked by ASAC MADDOX (Two and half hours later on the phone, in the late evening of Jan. 3, 2008). EXHIBIT 174 (cross ref. Exhibit 21)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8562521.stm 7 year old dials 911..

cheryl dunlap tally democrat forum

# 59 is gbi foia

think gmh didn' have associates?

Yeah. I read that about Tabor. Strange goings on there huh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back