Caylee's Teddy Bear

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Background:
We are currently discussing, on another thread, the possibility of Casey returning to the remain’s site in the early morning hours of July 2. We are studying the days surrounding this event for any insight into Casey’s thought processes and mind set. On July 3rd, Casey got the La Bella Vita tattoo and afterwards made a trip back to the house to get Caylee’s teddy bear and other items while Cindy was sent on a wild goose chase trip to Universal.

Page 68

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224513.pdf

There are many questions surrounding this bear:

1) Did Casey need comforting after her visit to the remains site and the bear was a source to soothe her after seeing the condition of the remains?
2) Did she visit the remain’s site because she missed Caylee, as others visit the grave site of a loved one, and the bear was taken as a keepsake?
3) Was Casey stealing the bear away from Cindy, vindictively, because she knew Cindy used it as a source of comfort when missing Caylee?
4) How did the bear get back to the Anthony’s?
5) Was this the same bear sent to the psychic?
6) Was this the same bear used in the memorial?

These mysteries and others regarding Caylee’s bear are the subject of this thread…

for those that are interested in the July 2 timeline and return to the remains site discussion it is here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97876"]Casey returned to the disposal site - theories - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks! I just read the part of CA's interview Harmony linked. I came here to ask for the prior thread so I can keep it in context.
No worries. This will also help to keep this thread to the teddy bear discussion and not the July 2 discussion. :)

Background:
We are currently discussing, on another thread, the possibility of Casey returning to the remain’s site in the early morning hours of July 2. We are studying the days surrounding this event for any insight into Casey’s thought processes and mind set. On July 3rd, Casey got the La Bella Vita tattoo and afterwards made a trip back to the house to get Caylee’s teddy bear and other items while Cindy was sent on a wild goose chase trip to Universal.

Page 68

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224513.pdf

There are many questions surrounding this bear:

1) Did Casey need comforting after her visit to the remains site and the bear was a source to soothe her after seeing the condition of the remains?
2) Did she visit the remain’s site because she missed Caylee, as others visit the grave site of a loved one, and the bear was taken as a keepsake?
3) Was Casey stealing the bear away from Cindy, vindictively, because she knew Cindy used it as a source of comfort when missing Caylee?
4) How did the bear get back to the Anthony’s?
5) Was this the same bear sent to the psychic?
6) Was this the same bear used in the memorial?

These mysteries and others regarding Caylee’s bear are the subject of this thread…

I can't imagine Casey needing any kind of emotional comfort from visiting Caylee. If she was at that point, I can't see how she'd be out partying and sleeping around and all of that. Just my opinion

Big TY for the thread, Harmony. :blowkiss: Great frame up too!

OK...we could use some help from sleuthers that have poured over all the pics. Appreciate anyone that can find pics of candidate bear(s) to this thread. Like to see if we're dealing w/ the mama-doll syndrome where there were more than one. If pics of bears w/ Caylee exist, perhaps we'll be able to tell vs. pics @ the memorial if they match.

I'm coming late to the party that the bear was noted missing by Cindy when she returned from Universal. Now I understand that helped to send her ballistic when she realized she been duped. Can also see how retrieving something Caylee might have been wanting would make it appear to Cindy that this was really just a game of keep-away. Infuriating.

here is an old teddy bear picture from another thread. I think this is a bear that CA and KC carried around after KC's arrest? Not sure of the relation.

caseysteddybearinbr.jpg

"Casey didn't want to come in (her bedroom) at first because this is where she and Caylee spent most of their time," Cindy Anthony said. "We got an air mattress and she wanted to stay in our room -- and we have a big enough bedroom that she had a big enough space -- for the whole first week."

Casey Anthony's bedroom is covered with pictures of Caylee, from ultrasound images to her birth and several pictures of them together.

"It became more comforting for her to be here. She'd sleep with (her) Teddy (bear). And it was hard. Very, very hard," Cindy Anthony said.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025611/detail.html

I can't imagine Casey needing any kind of emotional comfort from visiting Caylee. If she was at that point, I can't see how she'd be out partying and sleeping around and all of that. Just my opinion

I hear ya, Horace.

For whatever reason, I can see it as a possibility. Granted, if it was for 'emotional comfort', it was for selfish reasons. I don't think it was motivated by feelings of guilt. After reading the thread Jbean linked, I think Casey started freaking out because she knew the game clock ticking down the final seconds. She had to think fast! HTH was she going to cover all this up?! Think, KC, think! I think her mind was spinning! Even for the most experienced liar, this was quite the ultimate challenge.

Jbean's bear and Harmony's bear are 2 different bears, correct?

Which one is Caylee's 'Teddy'?

And when is the first time CA mentions that she slept with Teddy? It was before she KNEW Caylee was missing, right?

Maybe she was going to leave the bear and then rethought it as "futher evidence"...perhaps she had stickers with her that day as well?

I think she went back for the bear just to keep up appearances. Just to show everyone that she was getting something for Caylee...Almost as to say "look everyone, everything is normal, I had to get Caylee's bear because she has been asking for it" But in reality I don't believe she wanted the bear for any sentimental reasons...It was simply Casey covering her butt...But that's just what I think.

Jbean's bear and Harmony's bear are 2 different bears, correct?

Which one is Caylee's 'Teddy'?

And when is the first time CA mentions that she slept with Teddy? It was before she KNEW Caylee was missing, right?

Sorry to quote myself but I re-read and obviously skimmed over some important points. :blushing: We don't know exactly which, if either, is Teddy.

My point in re. CA sleeping with Teddy - I recall her saying that because it made her feel close to Caylee. IIRC, this was during the 31 day time frame. Then she comes home on 7/2 and notices Teddy is missing. I am wondering how long it took her to notice that. Then, Harmony links the portion when KC is back home after being bailed out by LP. CA states that KC was comforted by sleeping with Teddy. So, Teddy mysteriously vanishes :)angel:) from the A's then, even more mysteriously reappears. :waitasec:

17565188_432X480.jpg

Meanwhile, an image that investigators said was placed on Casey Anthony's laptop July 8 shows a girl staring up at a teddy bear that is hanging by a noose with a caption that reads, "Why do people kill people, who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad?"
The image was apparently found on a Web site that originated in the United Kingdom, Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone said.
Three days later, an image of lyrics from the deceased rapper Tupac Shakur were saved onto Casey Anthony's laptop, according to the documents. The lyrics say, "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened ... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the (expletive) on."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17564421/detail.html

The date caught my eye. July 8th....

(Note: JBean if you do not think this is relevant let me know and I will delete. I thought it was interesting as to her state of mind.)

Well, everyone knows where assuming will get ya, but for arguments sake, I will assume that 'Teddy' is the bear Caylee is clutching. He seems to be special to her. :(

There were a few bears (a couple more even in that pic). The bear Caylee is holding resembles the pic Jbean posted. Can't be positive they are the same bear, though. (Can't see the underside of the paws)

Could this be the bear in question?
I believe the "Caylee Bears" are modeled after the bear Cindy is holding.

CindyinCayleesroom.jpg

2CayleeBear-1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth