2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This is part two of the discussion about the hearing. Part one includes a play by play from our members during the hearing.

Part One: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98116"]KC's indigency Hearing on 3-18-10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Looked to me like he walked in there quite "chilly", He didn't even know that the defense hadn't already showed where the monies have gone. JMO

And he even had the audacity to tell JS it was none of his business where the money had gone. :rolleyes:

mr mason what about this case is fun?

is it fun that your client lies, steals, cheats everyone that knows her?

was it fun that your client decieved a poor guy into thinking he was caylees dad, but when he accepted her anyways, knowing she wasnt, she dumped him?

was it fun that she stole her good friends identity?

was it fun that she and her parents have tried to frame more then one person for caylee's murder?

was it fun that caylee was not only killed, but disgarded like a piece of garbage?

mr mason, the only fun to come out of this will to be watching you cry when they put the needle in her arm..

KBL8201...I imagine that CM will live to regret those words...a very poor choice of words.

Quoting notthatsmart from thread no. 1 of this same title:

Is it not illegal for officers to pass notes to inmates? Maybe I am mistaken. But if it is illegal, then none of this should come into court. Besides, they already admitted that the notes contained no confession. Jb has had them since Tuesday, he does not look worried one bit about them. The defense showed up in full force today. Those notes are just another distraction from the case. The Sa is grasping at straws. They need to release some discovery that shows what they have is credible. I hope something comes out next week.MOO

If the defense was not worried about them they would not have asked for 15 days instead of five. And although the letters were not a confession they did contain "information" and much evidence is BASED on "information" so that makes these fifty or so notes exchanged between Casey and her jail buddies PART of the truth. They exist. She wrote them without her attorneys knowledge. AND the reason that they were released to the defense is because the thirty days that they state had asked for had come and gone and they were done with their investigation and so turned them over as discovery. Baez is PLENTY worried about them. And if they are a "distraction" then that came from their own side didn't it? She wrote them.

And the defense showed up in full force today because it was time to explain where the money came from and where the money went. They showed for themselves not for their vermin of a client. The state is hardly "grasping at straws" they are doing what LE does-a thorough investigation into the truth. They did release the discovery, to Baez. When a Media outlet makes a Sunshine Request they will release it to the public. They don't release info until it is asked for, publicly that is...

Baez perjured himself in court today. He said it was a deal HIS CLIENT made...when in fact, he acted as her agent with ABC and did the deal on her and some others behalves...probably G & C.

He has almost hit rock bottom and he doesn't even know it.

im just sick of all these games.

in the last 3 weeks, we've had

1) shayna davis mom released on bond

2) jaycee dugard disrespected by a judge, as both a victim and a mom

3) this tool saying this case is 'fun'

And he even had the audacity to tell JS it was none of his business where the money had gone. :rolleyes:
I know...it was like, uh, dude, are you nuts? That is His Honor you are disrespecting and I will bet ya he don't like it and that will NOT work in yoru clients favor. He was loud, crass, rude, and crude...The namecalling right in open court? Childesh and non-productive...

Baez perjured himself in court today. He said it was a deal HIS CLIENT made...when in fact, he acted as her agent with ABC and did the deal on her and some others behalves...probably G & C.

He has almost hit rock bottom and he doesn't even know it.

BBM

Bravo magic-cat. That's the biggest issue for me to come out of this today, and I hope it gets explored further. Perjury. Financial mismanagement to the nth degree. Unethical out-of-state-naked-youtube-posting lawyers paying clients 70k. Professors using case funds to buy computers, lawyers not keeping track of their hours and where their money went? What a gong show!

BBM

Bravo magic-cat. That's the biggest issue for me to come out of this today, and I hope it gets explored further. Perjury. Financial mismanagement to the nth degree. Unethical out-of-state-naked-youtube-posting lawyers paying clients 70k. Professors using case funds to buy computers, lawyers not keeping track of their hours and where their money went? What a gong show!

Also I find it kind of odd that both Macaluso and Andrea Lyon coughed up identical amounts (70 grand). Maybe that is the going rate to enjoy the privilege to be on KC's defence team? JB, the master broker??

Hello guys - i have been pretty sick lately and did not read the entire first thread. So if I am reading this correctly - Casey paid for initial defense by selling her story to ABC? The rest of the money came from her defense lawyers and the new defense lawyer thinks this case is fun?

Thanks

All my family took out of this hearing was another feather for KCs guilt hat. If you put yourself in this timeframe, this money was received when the "loving mother" was claiming her child was kidnapped. If JB was handling it, wouldn't it have been more ethical to say, "hey, let's use this money to get your kid back." Instead you use it for your defense? Just showed us another big sign of guilt.

All my family took out of this hearing was another feather for KCs guilt hat. If you put yourself in this timeframe, this money was received when the "loving mother" was claiming her child was kidnapped. If Baez was handling it, wouldn't it have been more ethical to say, "hey, let's use this money to get your kid back." Instead you use it for your defense? Just showed us another big sign of guilt.

YES! So simple, so clear. Use the $$$$ to find your little baby!

It is driving me NUTS that the press--or maybe the writers of headlines--cannot do the simple arithmetic to report this story accurately.

It isn't that hard, mainstream media!

$200,000 from ABC -- maybe brokered by Baez (which would be a BIG deal)
5,000 from "donor"
70,000 from DePaul clinic (Andrea Lyon got the $22K+ for travel expenses, etc.)
70,000 from Todd Macaluso

That's $345,000. They've sworn it's all gone. Actually, it could easily be, and defending a capital case could easily--AND legitimately--use up that much money. BUT, if they want public money to spend on additional costs, they have to be more forthcoming than they have: to date $89,000 approx to Baez (not broken down as to how much for fees and how much for costs), $22K approx to Lyon is accounted for.

WHERE DID THE REST GO?

I am going to go off and froth at the mouth now.

Wouldn't that be the common sense thing in that timeframe if your client is innocent?

Something is not right about this hearing. The smirks from KC and Baez. Even AL at times showed a few smirks. The new attorney is very arrogant. I don't know, I just get the feeling like the defense is up to something and for the first time since this case began, I feel as though KC sees a light at the end of this tunnel and thinks she may actually win this....

I pray I am wrong. I don't think the letters will have any bearing on the case. KC did not appear at all frazzled. If anything she appeared relieved that this was this secret evidence. I think she was thinking it was something worse.

Anyone notice how CA was trying to get KC attention as she was walking out and KC did not even look her way. I think that was intentional. The defense may be throwing her under the bus. As far as we know, RC's coming out could have been what the defense hoped would happen since it establishes that KC was not lying about her parents getting a divorce and her father's affair. They may be intending to use that and the family dysfunction in the case. Who knows. I just got a bad vibe about this hearing this time.

I always wondered why what seemed to me as an unqualified defense attorney from California randomly appearing on the defense team. I guess it cost $70,000 of your embezzled fortune to insert yourself into one of the most high profile cases ever.

I felt that KC's sprite like demeanor (including the brisk rubbing of her hands together) was a display of glee :woohoo: at the thought that she now has a new lawyer. Seemed she was overly excited that she now has a new guy to "bowl over" with her amazing intelligence and mind games.

Once CM has matched wits with this defendant - his idea of "fun" may change.

Good luck with that - you will need it.

:twocents: MOO

Also I find it kind of odd that both Macaluso and Andrea Lyon coughed up identical amounts (70 grand). Maybe that is the going rate to enjoy the privilege to be on KC's defence team? JB, the master broker??

I don't think we are allowed to provide a link to the site but there is a terrific article regarding the illegality of Macaluso contributing money to the defense of his own client today.

Something is not right about this hearing. The smirks from KC and Baez. Even AL at times showed a few smirks. The new attorney is very arrogant. I don't know, I just get the feeling like the defense is up to something and for the first time since this case began, I feel as though KC sees a light at the end of this tunnel and thinks she may actually win this....

I pray I am wrong. I don't think the letters will have any bearing on the case. KC did not appear at all frazzled. If anything she appeared relieved that this was this secret evidence. I think she was thinking it was something worse.

Anyone notice how CA was trying to get KC attention as she was walking out and KC did not even look her way. I think that was intentional. The defense may be throwing her under the bus. As far as we know, RC's coming out could have been what the defense hoped would happen since it establishes that KC was not lying about her parents getting a divorce and her father's affair. They may be intending to use that and the family dysfunction in the case. Who knows. I just got a bad vibe about this hearing this time.

CA is always there, hoping KC will throw a few crumbs her way but it never happens. Contempt for her mother is what started this whole chain of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie