Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this be the back of the album and not the cover?

It looks like the back of a Moody Blues album that I used to have -- Days of Future Passed? Every Good Boy Deserves Favor? On the Threshold of a Dream? I found lots of photos of the arty fronts on line but I can't find a shot of the back...

Post 490 above, pic of the blond, bottom left corner...is that a brown purse with a flower design on it? Looks like it might be to me. Light brown, maybe suede with a fuzzy fur type trim around the edge.?

The Laurie Partridge article says the contents of her purse were found but does not say the purse itself was found. A brown purse with an embroidered flower design.

The blond in the Alcala pic's appears to have shown up there well dressed and with her suitcases though. What if the suitcases are really not hers?

The blond in the Alcala pic's does not appear to have the mole Laurie Partridge does.

Looking at the pic of the blond, sitting in the chair next to the suitcase I do not think she looks like Partridge at all.

I do wonder why this blond has suitcases and winter boots that look like they are water proof snow boots though.

I can't make out anything on my laptop -- not enough resolution. I agree, I don't think the blonde looks like Laurie Partridge, but she might just be sitting next to that handbag and the suitcases. They might not belong to her -- they might even be his, for carrying all those lights and other equipment. I need to go back through the photos; I'm pretty sure one of the girls has a mole on her cheek. Worth checking, anyway.

Good point about the winter boots, and also furry gloves. Maybe that means the photo was taken in the winter in NYC.

Does anyone see these as being a match.
MARY RACHEL TRLICA

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 57
Laurie Partridge is a possibility. She disappeared in December; Alcala was released on parole at the beginning of August.

kz6ijr-kz6id70209.jpg
partridge_laurie2.jpg

It looks like there might be a mole there on the cheek, covered by makeup.

kz6ijr-kz6id70209.jpg
partridge_laurie2.jpg

It looks like might be a mole there on the cheek, covered by makeup.
WOW! That looks like a match to me. I agree, the mole may be covered by make-up. Both have the same 'bumps' (for lack of a better word) on the end of the nose.
Both have the same dark spots on the two peaks of the upper lip. Same complexion, same hair style almost. Anybody see a reason this is not a possible match? I don't.

Both even have the odd dimple in the left cheek. Subjects left, our right side of pic.

Does anyone see these as being a match.
MARY RACHEL TRLICA
Pic one seems to have a very thin upper lip while pic 2 does not. Pic 1 has something wrong with one of the upper teeth on her left side while pic 2 does not. JMO

Different photos of the same two women, with different head angles and smiles. In this shot, the woman in the photo looks like she has at least one black eye.

This looks very close to me. I initially thought the woman in the photo was too old to be a match, but on closer examination, I don't think so.

Also, that hair? Might be a wig.

Attachments

• partridge_laurie.jpg
    partridge_laurie.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 02081.jpg
    02081.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 87
Different photos of the same two women, with different head angles and smiles:
Shown like this they have very different teeth.

Funny you should say that about a wig, I wondered the same but passed it off to the "big hair" days.

I know this article is probably here, but I hadn't seen it. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alcala-238877-photos-beach.html

In addition, "there were photographs of girls at gymnastics practice, sporting events, roller skating along the beach," Smith said.

The photos taken at the gymnastics practice had addresses written on the back side, Smith said.

"Alcala had done a little research," Smith said.

Detectives found the families who were living at those addresses in the 1970s, and confirmed that the girls pictured were alive, Smith said.

This photo clearly shows the album Surrealistic Pillow (Jefferson Airplane 1967)

2927390760045078242S500x500Q85.jpg

Not real helpful in pinning down the timeline, as we already know the timeline doesn't go much before 1967, but it may give an indication of his musical tastes in trying to figure out the others.

Who is the man in the album next to her shoulder?

Shown like this they have very different teeth.

Funny you should say that about a wig, I wondered the same but passed it off to the "big hair" days.

I'm not sure whether the teeth are different, or if it's the mouth around them -- an illusion of the "pouty smile" she's putting on. Wigs like that were popular with women who had short hair when Farrah Fawcett came in style.

When I looked at those two photos the first time, I wondered, "Is that a woman or is it a man in drag?" I'm still not really sure.

Same girl? (Apologies if we have looked at this before.) Both are Alcala's pic's

ETA: I tried to enlarge the girl in the gray shirt on the right but it did not work. That is the one I am asking if she is the same girl as the one in the red checked shirt on the right in pic 1.

Also, enlarge using this link and look at the awkward shape of the finger on the girl in the gray shirt. I can't make my finger look like that when I try. http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01521.jpg

Attachments

• alcala blond 1 red checked shirt.jpg
    alcala blond 1 red checked shirt.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
  • alcala blond 2 gray shirt.jpg
    alcala blond 2 gray shirt.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 51
Different photos of the same two women, with different head angles and smiles. In this shot, the woman in the photo looks like she has at least one black eye.

This looks very close to me. I initially thought the woman in the photo was too old to be a match, but on closer examination, I don't think so.

Also, that hair? Might be a wig.

The woman in the photo has quite a lot of pigmentation in her shoulder too. Not that it means anything as long as we know nothing about Laurie Partridge's shoulders but it could be an identifier or a rule-out.

Same girl? (Apologies if we have looked at this before.) Both are Alcala's pic's

ETA: I tried to enlarge the girl in the gray shirt on the right but it did not work. That is the one I am asking if she is the same girl as the one in the red checked shirt on the right in pic 1.

Also, enlarge using this link and look at the awkward shape of the finger on the girl in the gray shirt. I can't make my finger look like that when I try. http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01521.jpg

Good catch on the finger! they don't look like the same girl to me though. There is also a name or some kind of word on the inside of the strap of the bag she is holding.

Good catch, they've a lot of similarity. I'm tempted to say two different girls, though, the red shirt girl seems to me to have a narrower face and, well, just because, my intuition says so. (Isn't it funny how difficult it is matching people seeing just a photo and then we do it every day automatically, not sparing a thought, just knowing intuitively that the woman who rides the same bus is the same one who rode the bus yesterday, and the day before.)

If it's the same girl, it's in between haircuts because the girl in the gray shirt has a more uneven fringe.

Doe network Case File 467UFCA, unidentified female found 1968 in LA, strangled in a motel:

Attachments

• 467UFCA1.jpg
    467UFCA1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 2011323452.jpg
    2011323452.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 61
Doe network Case File 467UFCA, unidentified female found 1968 in LA, strangled in a motel:

I can't tell if the Alcala photo person has freckles or not. Anybody with a better resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels