WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of RC doing or saying ANYTHING since his daughter was mudered?

With the family so silent, it makes me wonder what AND WHY LE has asked them not to say anything. Does anyone know if this is normal protocol?

Is there anyone here that has a relationship with any of MC's close friends that have been questioned? What were they questioned about? Do her peers have any theories? I know how kids talk, I would think there would be some scuttlebutt from the youngins.......

What would you do, as a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, brother, sister, if you lost a loved one, and there was an on going investigation with no arrests? And your loved one's killer was still on the loose?....

I think we are all finding it very odd that the family is so quiet when LE keeps saying they don't have any suspects or a POI. This is why we speculate that LE really has zeroed in on somebody and they are asking the family to keep to themselves and they are waiting for forensics to come back before making an arrest. It is hard for those of us that live here. However; we have actually had a lot of terrible crimes here in the past 20 years, especially. I mean, national headliner news crimes! It's such a beautiful area........but really, horrendous things happen here! So, maybe everyone is being so quiet because they don't want the news zoo here with all their trucks and satellite dishes and reporters pushing their microphones in the faces of all the kids. IDK. Just speculating. The quiet isn't normal! At least, I don't think it is!

With the family so silent, it makes me wonder what AND WHY LE has asked them not to say anything. Does anyone know if this is normal protocol?

This is a good question, but I do not know if it is normal protocol or not. Perhaps protocol changes with the jurisdiction and type of case, IDK. I can only imagine, though, that if I were in a similar situation, I would want to be as vocal as I could be without endangering the rest of my family, other innocent people, and so as not to hinder the investigation.

I would think that I would want to keep my loved one's name and face out there until, at least, the killer had been brought to justice.

Wenatchee is not the small, peaceful, quiet town people say it is.

There have been several shootings in the last 12 months. Some of them are unsolved. And, now...MC's murder is, at this point, unsolved.

I would be so frightened if I lived in that area! With all the investigating going on, the killer(s) can't be feeling very calm, either. That's not a good thing!

I live in Ontario, near where Russell Williams lived. I actually do my shopping in Trenton, where he worked... while Jessica Lloyd was missing, I can tell you I barely slept a wink, and when I did I had nothing but nightmares. I couldn't check my locks enough times before bed, and made sure my cellphone was right beside me. I am alone during the week - with my significant other working up north and only home on weekends - I was so relieved when they captured that predator!

I hope there is an arrest VERY soon, for MC's sake, MC's family's sake, and for Wenatchee's sake. :(

Actually, ppl around here are going about business as usual. I mean, I see single women out jogging by themselves and we arent' gripped by fear. Now, when the Huffman murders happened...........it was different. We were gripped with the same fear you speak of. It was sheer terror for the entire week until the killer was caught. We lived about 5 blocks away from where the murders happened. I think we all seem to know that this was someone close to MC and the anger was directed at her. Still, my heart jumps when I hear noises at night!

Honestly, even though it's a month and a half into the case - I'd trust the police. If they wanted me to blab in front of the cameras and beg them to come home, I'd do it. If they wanted me to shut up, I'd do that too.

Is it my imagination or does it seem that LE's lack of information release - or press conferences are very lacking due to the type of crime. I know it has been mentioned by others.

But if I recall other cases, there are certain crimes LE is willing to discuss and then there are others that they are told not to release any information - or in this case, even useless information (parking lot video).
- the Washington DC sniper case - remember that one - the police chief held press conferences almost daily - partly because the public interest in the case - world press - or was it that LE knew they had perp(s) out there that they knew were going to strike again and were doing everything to warn the public and id the perp(s).

So it makes me believe that LE has ruled out an SK this time and have narrowed it down to an acquantance (inner circle) or fringe circle (someone with access or knowledge to MC).

It's either discuss this or cry about the Texas A&M loss to you guys (ladys basketball).

If this were a serial killer type thing, I think we'd know about it by now... Either, by another murder or rape of some sort. Or, by LE or the WW warning the public. I think LE has had their eye on someone since the very beginning, and it might be someone we might all be very surprised with. Perhaps it is why this whole thing is taking so flippin' long? What if it's WC? Or RC? LE will definitely need all the evidence they can get their hands on to get a conviction, especially if it's someone very close to Mackenzie. Let's hope this thing gets done with soon!

Just my opinion/speculation.

Has anyone heard of RC doing or saying ANYTHING since his daughter was mudered?

Not really. Other than the Memorial, I haven't heard of any of the family members appealing to the public or going on the radio or tv at all. However; I was out of town at the time of the murder and did not get back until it had been 3 weeks. I read everything on line though! I was in Hawaii and this case reached out and sucked me in from over there! I was glued to the computer for days! Go figure! I did not know her, and yet this seems personal to me.
The family just seems so distant. Perhaps they are very afraid, for good reason that we aren't privy to, and mourning very privately. Although, I have read from others that have gone through this that you really don't even begin the mourning process until justice is well on the way. If it were me, LE would have to have a chair at that table for me!

Is there anyone here that has a relationship with any of MC's close friends that have been questioned? What were they questioned about? Do her peers have any theories? I know how kids talk, I would think there would be some scuttlebutt from the youngins.......

I have a young friend that is very close friends with MC's bf. I have posted what I have heard.........several times. That would be the "rumor" that MC went to Target after leaving the Hair Academy.

In fact, the threads have many posts from people whose kids went to school with MC and what the "scuttlebutt" is. It's all rumors.

I have a young friend that is very close friends with MC's bf. I have posted what I have heard.........several times. That would be the "rumor" that MC went to Target after leaving the Hair Academy.

What concerns me is that on several instances the media has reported the LE firm statement that the parking lot video is the last known pictures of MC alive. Why would they make that statement? They could very easily stated that we have over videos of MC at other locations that are under review and not available for public release. Very frustrating.

One week, only, before the killer was caught?

Yes. One week. That was Spillman.............the very guy that was JF's roomate and brother in law. He lived among us.......and stalked that 14 yr old girl for months!

I hope that this is not too OT, but it's something I've been wanting to say for a while.

As a non-local, I am very thankful to all the locals who have provided information about Wenatchee, CB and the surrounding area, who have shared opinions, provided pictures, and helped us non-locals to understand your neck of the woods. Your insight continues to be very important to these threads. JMHO

Thank you! :)

Is
But if I recall other cases, there are certain crimes LE is willing to discuss and then there are others that they are told not to release any information - or in this case, even useless information (parking lot video).
- the Washington DC sniper case - remember that one - the police chief held press conferences almost daily

And..if I recall...that CRAZY killer was from Washington State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member