WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
respectfully snipped

I do feel like I, personally, have become a little obsessed with this case from the beginning. Every day, I spend a lot of time on this site, hoping for new information, anything, that can help put the pieces to this puzzle together. It gets frustrating at times, when we aren't hearing anything new, but we won't give up. Although she is no longer with us, I wholeheartedly think that she will not rest in peace until this is solved. We will keep her voice alive. :balloons:

Well said!:bow:

Wasn't there a RUMOR in a previous thread that someone said that she was shot in the leg with maybe a nail gun or some tool like that?

I think I remember that speculation.

I'm as positive as anyone not directly involved could be that a firearm was not involved in this crime though, LE has not been to area gun shops inquiring about firearms.

I'm as positive as anyone not directly involved could be that a firearm was not involved in this crime though, LE has not been to area gun shops inquiring about firearms.

I'll take your word for it then, girlfawkes!

These are my thoughts on the family. I believe that in the first week or so after finding MC, they were reeling and I find it amazing that they could even show up at the memorial the day after the private funeral which was AFTER a horrendous week of MC gone missing and all the mental anguish THAT must have been. Then they find out their daughter has been murdered. The police are all over it, they are being interviewed over and over. Then it probably moved on to evidence gathering and the information that LE would have been giving family would be mostly factual but probably not all the info is given to them either, or worse information given that might trip someone up as you would think they start with everyone close as suspects. No doubt they are all asked to not discuss the case with media or friends as it may hinder an arrest. The family doesn't want that to happen! Then on to the lie detector tests. What if THEY know who did and who didn't pass those? Yikes! Their phones are probably ringing off the hook from everyone they know day or night, including the police with more questions, more info, more thoughts to put in their heads. They probably have no time to deal with the emotions that come in waves during down times. Imagine what it would be like to be LIVING what we are all doing on here, trying to figure out WHO is responsible? Talk about wanting to close down your head i would think! I also figure they must be working closely with the LE and must have faith in the work LE is doing for them and MC or they would be speaking out. I don't think they would read our writings as that too, would only put MORE ideas in their minds of what horrible things MAY have happened. As parents, they certainly are looking more for facts than rumors. Although i also think they already know most of it, certainly they know their only daughter is not coming back to them. At any rate, they are living the nightmare 24/7 now. I feel really bad for them, and this will take a long long time for them to learn to deal with it on a day to day basis. They will never forget their precious daughter.

Maybe this has been dealt with in previous threads but my feeling that LE is probably spending a lot of time looking into all incoming/outgoing calls from MC's phone, then doing the same on all of those phone accounts. Can you imagine the chart mapping that out?

Quiet on this thread....interesting.

While I am still formualting my theory, I suspect that there was more than one person involved in the operation. It may have taken one person to commit the act (murder) but with all the locations (PCR, CB, Spec Home) that we are reasonably certain are invovled and a fairly tight timeline (2 to 4 hours) and some possible alibis (JF haircut, previously discussed)....that would make for one very tired and wore out person. Thsi is my opinion only.

However, if you add into the equation two more people, things become much easier and timelines open up.

I have to respect the theories invovling a jealous female....there is merit in the reasoning supporting that theory. I ahv ento thought about that in my theory but will be adjusting it.

As far as why LE has to be quiet...I suspect that the phone records alone are very lengthy and the analysis of them is time consuming. Not to mention if they are now looking for more than one player (my opinion only), that can add to the workload.

Of course, this is all my opinion only and open for discussion.

All good things come to he who waits.

Obviously, people want this solved quickly, but in my view, this case (like so many others) could drag on into next year-or longer. Anyway...

For now, the murderer/s haven't been caught. I’m sure they would like to add “and never will.” Back in February they probably convinced themselves that they would somehow avoid the full consequences of their actions—and acted accordingly.

Premeditated or not, their actions during and after the murder were hurried, if not frantic. Even cool heads are capable of flawed thinking. The result? Flawed behavior. Slip-ups, made the night of the murder...the day after the murder… two weeks after...ect. Mistakes, even long after a crime has been committed, are still mistakes that can lead to arrests.

What’s painful, it seems, is the lengthy process leading to an arrest and conviction.

My point? I believe the murderer/s will eventually betray themselves, casually and carelessly, at a later time. Someone will notice, look deeper into this person’s story, and-quite possibly-turn them in. It could be a year, or even several years, before the murderer/s reveal themselves in a way they didn’t expect, predict - or control.

I just read a review for a book titled Snitch Culture: How Citizens Are Turned Into the Eyes and Ears of the State by Jim Redden. It’s a bit of a paranoid rant, but it discusses an increased rate of family members, friends, associates who turn each other in for crimes/planning crimes. The motivations vary. The crimes? Usually drug dealing and murder.

Someday, this person will slip up.

What would you do, as a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, brother, sister, if you lost a loved one, and there was an on going investigation with no arrests? And your loved one's killer was still on the loose?....

Good question. I think the family knows that LE has a suspect and is waiting for the proof in order to arrest otherwise I would think they would be more vocal. I would be posting flyers everywhere trying to raise more money for the reward fund and I would have probably hired a private investigator and a phsysic by now. I would not be as quite as they are being.....

I haven't followed this from the very very beginning so can someone tell me whether or not there was ever a public appeal from the family to help locate MC during the time she was missing (news broadcast)?

Could the case be dragging on because LE just might want the overtime pay? Hate to throw that out there but it happens all the time. I know there was an article discussing how this would impact the budget etc. Someone will be paying for the investigation regardless so.....Thoughts?

Sorry this is a little off topic, but has anyone else gone to the Shantina Smiley thread on here?

I just noticed that it was closed for review which is probably a good thing. The people over there were so argumentative and accusatory toward innocent victims. When I tried to stand up for someone, I literally was attacked.

Anyway, I love this group here. Everyone is here for the right reason and we all respect one another and welcome new views.

You guys are awesome! :dance:

I second that! I have visited that thread a few times and I have to say I am appauled at some of the sleuther's behavior over there. It has really made me appreciate this thread and the kindness of people. Keep up the good work peeps! :)

Like momonthego, I toyed with the theory MC was transported by boat. After visiting the boat launch at Orondo St. This week, I'm not ready to put that theory to rest.

I'd asked if there was a place at the shore near the boat launch where MC and a perp could be out of sight... I believe there is. Just south (I think it's south) of the launch there is a rocky "path" that leads down to the water. It is well-concealed by trees from the public area, and it leads to a small, rocky "beach" right along the river.

I wonder if it would be secluded enough, in February, for the act to have taken place there. She may have been left there, in the hidden rocky area, for a time until the perp returned with a boat and launched it at the launch.

Then, he could have tooled around the river a bit - just a guy doing some fishing or whatever - until he pulled up close enough to the shore to get out and put her in the boat.

Here's where my theory falls apart - it would have to be a big enough boat to have a "below deck" area to hide her, KWIM?

Anyway, then he could have pulled the boat out of the water, trailered it, and driven to one of the launches on the other side of the dam.

I don't have much faith in this theory, but it's one possible way a boat could have been used. I had my toddlers with me at the launch, so I didn't get a chance to go down and explore the "beach" area.

IIRC a fellow WS'er mentioned that JF and Spillman grew up as kids together in Tonasket, at least for a few years. I may be completely wrong. If you know anything about this could you post to prove or disprove? Thanks.

IIRC a fellow WS'er mentioned that JF and Spillman grew up as kids together in Tonasket, at least for a few years. I may be completely wrong. If you know anything about this could you post to prove or disprove? Thanks.

I don't know, but in searching on the internet under JF's name, it listed that he lived in Tonasket at one time, so it is possible.

Like momonthego, I toyed with the theory MC was transported by boat. After visiting the boat launch at Orondo St. This week, I'm not ready to put that theory to rest.

I'd asked if there was a place at the shore near the boat launch where MC and a perp could be out of sight... I believe there is. Just south (I think it's south) of the launch there is a rocky "path" that leads down to the water. It is well-concealed by trees from the public area, and it leads to a small, rocky "beach" right along the river.

I wonder if it would be secluded enough, in February, for the act to have taken place there. She may have been left there, in the hidden rocky area, for a time until the perp returned with a boat and launched it at the launch.

Then, he could have tooled around the river a bit - just a guy doing some fishing or whatever - until he pulled up close enough to the shore to get out and put her in the boat.

Here's where my theory falls apart - it would have to be a big enough boat to have a "below deck" area to hide her, KWIM?

Anyway, then he could have pulled the boat out of the water, trailered it, and driven to one of the launches on the other side of the dam.

I don't have much faith in this theory, but it's one possible way a boat could have been used. I had my toddlers with me at the launch, so I didn't get a chance to go down and explore the "beach" area.

Thanks Jarethamarie. Just speculation, and although highly improbable (pardon the graphic visual associated) - is there any remote chance of her going through the dam? Possible cause for mangling/dismemberment as a result of the turbines?

Another thought on the boat idea - I mentioned in an earlier post the only boat ramp in the CB area is at/near CB island. However I just remembered there is another small boat ramp northwest ? (upriver) of CB (off Mansfield Road from Trinidad). It is the next place closest to CB with homes and beach access. Not far from the beach where MC was found.

A co-worker of mine just got back from lunch and said there were numerous police vehicles down at the boat launch and that it was blocked off. Looked like they had divers there. She said one LE vehicle was from Warden. Maybe not related....or maybe it is. She said they were looking down through the rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong