WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
momonthego ... When they say they thought she washed up on shore, and you say that bringing her body down to that spot would be a rough task, do you think her body was brought there by boat?...

Does anyone know any more about the boat fire that was reported a week or two ago? If MC was on the boat, alive or dead, burning the boat might be a good way to destroy possible physical evidence.

If anyone has any ties to the Chelan County jail, it would be interesting to see if there is any activity as a result of the patrol car activity near Dryden this AM. At the very least, we will surely check out the roster posting at 6PM tonight!

Does anyone know any more about the boat fire that was reported a week or two ago? If MC was on the boat, alive or dead, burning the boat might be a good way to destroy possible physical evidence.

No more information was posted, here, about the burning boat, nor the burnt luggage and clothing. I haven't seen any news about either, in the newspaper.

Maybe the cell phone? The river water will have ruined it.

A friend of mine brought a cell phone that had been soaked in cola. I removed the battery, soaked the cell phone in warm water then rubbing alcohol. I changed the rubbing alcohol once, and then let the phone set for a day. I then placed the cell phone in a bag of rice, then later in an oven set for 124 degrees. After a couple of days, I replaced the battery, plugged in the charger, and then powered it up. It took a couple of days before all of the functions were at 100%. The phone worked fine for six months, when it was replaced.

If LE finds the phone within six months, even if it was in water, they should be able to restore it; at least to the point of extracting information from it.
If the phone is in water and they find it after six months, it may be worthless.

JMO

A friend of mine brought a cell phone that had been soaked in cola. I removed the battery, soaked the cell phone in warm water then rubbing alcohol. I changed the rubbing alcohol once, and then let the phone set for a day. I then placed the cell phone in a bag of rice, then later in an oven set for 124 degrees. After a couple of days, I replaced the battery, plugged in the charger, and then powered it up. It took a couple of days before all of the functions were at 100%. The phone worked fine for six months, when it was replaced.

If LE finds the phone within six months, even if it was in water, they should be able to restore it; at least to the point of extracting information from it.
If the phone is in water and they find it after six months, it may be worthless.

JMO
These LE offices have some amazing tools to extract data from cell phones... they have attended special training and have acquired incredible equipment/software as well. Got something on your phone that you do not want someone to see? Even deleting it from your memory will not get rid of it. No, I am not referring to accessing your phone without your knowledge while on the network. I am referring to them analyzing a phone in their possession.

Will it work for a submerged phone? I am not sure... lets hope so!

These LE offices have some amazing tools to extract data from cell phones... they have attended special training and have acquired incredible equipment/software as well. Got something on your phone that you do not want someone to see? Even deleting it from your memory will not get rid of it. No, I am not referring to accessing your phone without your knowledge while on the network. I am referring to them analyzing a phone in their possession.

Will it work for a submerged phone? I am not sure... lets hope so!

This is what I am talking about...
http://www.paraben.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=405
This may not be the EXACT product that LE uses but this the types of tool they have at their disposal.

April Fool's Day is around the corner. I am hoping the FOOL killer is caught by then, and he can celebrate being a real FOOL to think he could get away with murder.

April Fool's Day is around the corner. I am hoping the FOOL killer is caught by then, and he can celebrate being a real FOOL to think he could get away with murder.

I prefer to think of it [April 1, 2010] as Mackenzie's 18th birthday and am hopeful that some action towards bringing her killer(s) to justice will be taken by then.

Its so quiet around here it's scary! :waitasec:

All of the patrol vehicles we saw were CCSO. And with Chelan County being such a huge geographical area, it was strange to see so many concentrated in this one area.

That's why I was curious about the number of patrol cars in the whole county. I wonder what percentage of the total these 8 represent. I've tried researching the total number, but I couldn't find it.

I know they work in mass when the state patrol airplane pilot shows up to do speed enforcement and I know they like that section towards Leavenworth, (at least while it is still a divided highway). One pilot can keep 8 LE busy if there is enough traffic and they can really make a killing generating revenue. Not sure if traffic is enough to warrant the air patrol, but a bunch of counties are going broke, so they are all probably begging to be put on the list for a visit from the state air patrol.

They also love ticketing the out-of-towners too. Are coasties coming over for sunshine yet? Is it spring break?

As a local, I'm sad to see the course that this investigation/story seems to be taking. I have followed this story from the start because, really, we don't have things happen like this often in our town. The WW has removed the main page link for Mackenzie. If you ask most people (I do work with the public), they have moved on and really don't think about the case much, if at all. I had one person say, "Oh yeah, whatever happened with that?" It's a shame. Maybe the WW feels damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm not sure but I would like to see them keep on the story. I hope that those of you who wrote to the morning shows, Nancy Grace, Greta, etc will get a good response and maybe shed some more light on this story.

Here are a few of my thoughts on maybe what happened. I think the PC car dump is a red herring. I think it was put there to buy some time for the perps. I think I read somewhere on here that WC has a listing up there. Maybe the car was placed there to "leave a message" either to WC or maybe to LE to tie it to WC.

I don't believe the murder was gang related. I'm not familiar with gangs per se, but I don't see this as their MO if a spec house in ER or the CB house is involved. To me, it goes back to the WC connection. I also don't think that a boat was used. Maybe it would make sense if RI dam wasn't in the picture, but it is. They would have to take the body out some point and haul it to the other side and then back in another boat. The highs and lows of the river at that time of the year would be dictated by the opening and closing of the gates at RI dam. Maybe when MC was "placed" there, the river was higher and they thought she would drift out or eventually be covered by the rising water. Either way, I believe the CB house was chosen, again, because of WC or some connection to her.

I don't think this has been thrown out there as a possibility, and it may be graphic to some, so please forgive me. I was thinking that maybe MC and the killer got into an argument and he/she tried to strangle her. She picked up a knife (or whatever she was stabbed with) and tried to defend herself. The two of them wrestled and she was stabbed as she fell onto something like a step or table, counter, etc. Or they could have fought and she picked up the "knife" to defend herself and it was wrestled away but not before the killer was cut. In a rage, they strangled her and maybe beat her head on the ground. As a last act of rage, he/she picked up the knife and stabbed her with it.

Also, if the haircut story turns out to be true, JF could still be the perp. The person posting said he looked dis-shelved (to that effect) and he was dirty. If he is the one who did it, he could have called "the brothers" and had their help. One could have disposed of the car and one could have taken MC to CB. They tried to make her look like she was attacked by a gang or something like that. One of the phone calls JF got could have been from one driving the car (mission accomplished) and the other from the one that disposed of MC @ CB (mission accomplished). The hair cut gave him an alibi since the others "cleaned up" for him.

Sorry for the long post. Keep up the good sleuthing and I pray that we get resolution soon!

JMO

It wouldn't be 'worthless'. LE can remove the processor and / or memory ICs and install them in a same-model 'clean' phone, if necessary.

IC (layman's term: 'chip') casings are hermetically sealed. The internal substrate, p- and n- materials and connection lands remain intact. A phone fails when the circuit boards, display assemblies and / or keypad layers become soaked. As long as the ICs are short-circuit protected and the conductive layers and keypad are thoroughly cleaned (all residue rinsed from all relevant surfaces) and dried, and no static charges dissipated through the circuits, the phone should function normally.

Hi all, sorry I have not been on but I don't have anthing really to answer in the questions with former roomate and former employee. I still have not spoken to either of them.
I wanted to add I'm not so sure that the PC car dumping is all that random, I posted what I know about that address no one really commented, So I will repeat,
SH and TC are friends on facebook, SH's uncle owns the PC home where her car was found, SH parents have a home also up PC not far from there, not that I think SH would be involved but they all went to High school together, the two Cowell brothers and the two Hurd brothers. I would think in this small town that the parents may could and possibly know each other. they are only 1 year apart each set. I wonder if it could be a set up??? Something about that bothers me...

I believe it is MC birthday as well, she would have been 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member