NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

There is NOT A CHANCE imvho that this man was wrongfully convicted. Were there mistakes made, yup. But I would like to point out that many of those mistakes worked in his favor...such as losing the pajama bottoms. Krissy was likely held on her father's lap while he drove the knife into her-I firmly believe that the pajama bottoms would have proved that.

Like the Caylee Anthony case, there was an overwhelming amount of evidence to process. But at the end of the day, this friggin green beret had a single puncture wound caused by a scalpel blade and a bump on his head. The woman and two babies in his home were slaughtered. His story was complete and utter bull patties from day one.

believe09 :nluv: ,
Thank you for confirming my statement so I didn't have to go look it up myself.

Fatal vision was one of my earliest true crime reads as well. ITA, there may have been mistakes in the trial, but a second trial would still convict McDonald.

There is NOT A CHANCE imvho that this man was wrongfully convicted. Were there mistakes made, yup. But I would like to point out that many of those mistakes worked in his favor...such as losing the pajama bottoms. Krissy was likely held on her father's lap while he drove the knife into her-I firmly believe that the pajama bottoms would have proved that.

Like the Caylee Anthony case, there was an overwhelming amount of evidence to process. But at the end of the day, this friggin green beret had a single puncture wound caused by a scalpel blade and a bump on his head. The woman and two babies in his home were slaughtered. His story was complete and utter bull patties from day one.
I read it years ago, one of my first true crime novels. BBM was going to be my point exactly! His tiny little wound was self-inflicted to give his story credibility. Thing is- if it were an actual assault, why not do more damage to him, kill him first???

The crime scene definitely wasn't handled in the greatest way....not as bad as what happed with JBR but still not good. No....I think in spite of that, McDonald is where he should be.

believe09 :nluv: ,
Thank you for confirming my statement so I didn't have to go look it up myself.

Fatal vision was one of my earliest true crime reads as well. ITA, there may have been mistakes in the trial, but a second trial would still convict McDonald.

:blushing::blowkiss:back atcha...I work as hard as I can not to be bull-headed and stubborn when it comes to true crime, but this case was very, very personal for me for a whole lot of reasons. I read all sides, fwiw, and there is not a shred of doubt in my mind. I respect others opinions, and feelings of course!!

My personal opinion? Macdonald was, and is, a narcissistic, self-centered, controlling sociopath who has one concern in life--himself. During subsequent interviews, Macdonald uses the words "I" and "me" so often that he seems to forget he wasn't among the murder victims.
Just my ever-so-humble opine, of course.

Thank you all for your comments. It is obvious many of you feel very strongly about this case and many of you have read extensively about it. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my initial reaction after reading the summary of trutv and a few other places.

I have much respect and trust for you all and just the fact that you so strongly believe in his guilt causes me to look at it from a different perspective.

It's been 40 years since MacDonald's wife, Colette, and their two young daughters were brutally murderedin their home in Fort Bragg, N.C., and 31 years since MacDonald, a former army surgeon, was convicted in their murders. He claimed that a group of people, high on drugs, attacked him and murdered his wife and children.

MacDonald's lawyer, Joseph Zeszotarski, argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va., that MacDonald deserves a new trial, based primarily on statements made by people tied to the case that had not previously been heard and new DNA findings that MacDonald's team wants submitted to the court.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/fatal-vision-murders-jeffrey-mcdonald-seeks-trial/story?id=10179806

(Mods, I wasn't sure where to post this. Please move this if it's not in the right place.)

Lets give Charles Manson and Richard Ramirez new trials while we are at it, OK? JK. I read the "new evidence" and it in no way shape or form is new trial worthy in my honest opinion. I would love to know how MacDonald is funding his defense after all of these years.

Why doesn't this guy just shut up, go away and do his time???? Ever since I saw that clip of his appearance on the Dick Cavett Show it settled it for me without any doubt, the way he mugged for the camera and played to the audience. What an *advertiser censored*. What a psychopath in every sense of the word. Poor Collette and babies.

I have followed this case for as long as I can remember and I think JM should get a trial as I believe there has been enough reasonable doubt created since he was found guilty in 1979.

The woman in the white floppy hat - HS - admitted that she had been in the house the night of the murders. Unfortunately, investigators decided that she was not reliable because of her drug use.

JB, the prosecutor in the case, has refused to answer many questions about the case and even served time in prison himself.

And last, by not least, JMs story has not changed in 40 years. He has been asked numerous times about what happened on that night in 1970 and his answers have always been the same.

:twocents:

From what I understand, there is also evidence that wasn't presented to the jury....things like a long blonde synthetic hair that didn't match any of the dolls in the house. I'll see what I can dig up.

The new evidence is that the defense claims Jim Blackburn threatened Helena Stockley, evidence which is hearsay since Helena is dead and unable to testify to being threatened-this is the same Helena Stockley that wrote a letter to the judge that the defense also was threatening her back during the actual trial. Her testimony was deemed unreliable because she recanted as many times as she claimed she was there and was unable to relate the crime or even the layout of the house.

The other piece of evidence is that one of the children had a hair under a fingernail that did not match any of the occupants of the house-this is the defense that claims this.

MacDonald was a Green Beret hardened by YEARS of working out, who had NOT one scratch on him BUT a single incision which was just deep enough to puncture his lung. There was blood in the bathroom where the scalpels were kept and there were rubber gloves taken from that location.

Not one other occupant of that house posed any kind of reasonable threat to the intruders. Not one of them. But the one person who could have been a danger has a single wound on him of any consequence. He has no ice pick wounds, in spite of his claims, he has no head wounds. NOTHING. And his wife and children were SLAUGHTERED.

MacDonald is EXTREMELY fortunate his crime occurred when it did. He is lucky they threw his pajama pants away. He is pond scum and I wish oh wish that people would stop investing time in him.

Why doesn't this guy just shut up, go away and do his time???? Ever since I saw that clip of his appearance on the Dick Cavett Show it settled it for me without any doubt, the way he mugged for the camera and played to the audience. What an *advertiser censored*. What a psychopath in every sense of the word. Poor Collette and babies.

I had never seen that before. I just looked it up and saw a small snippet on youtube. uhhggg it reminded me of the guy on 48 hours a couple of weeks ago. I forget his name (Bob something) but the episode was "Thou Shalt Not Kill". He acted creepy like that. He was mugging for the cameras. He made me :sick:

Please dont be offended by my post-JM is incredibly guilty in my mind. The Dick Cavett show is one of many many pieces of evidence that nailed it for me. I respect the thoughts and feelings of others that may disagree....please dont let my harsh words about him dissuade you from expressing your own thoughts!!

It's been 40 years since MacDonald's wife, Colette, and their two young daughters were brutally murderedin their home in Fort Bragg, N.C., and 31 years since MacDonald, a former army surgeon, was convicted in their murders. He claimed that a group of people, high on drugs, attacked him and murdered his wife and children.

MacDonald's lawyer, Joseph Zeszotarski, argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va., that MacDonald deserves a new trial, based primarily on statements made by people tied to the case that had not previously been heard and new DNA findings that MacDonald's team wants submitted to the court.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/fatal-vision-murders-jeffrey-mcdonald-seeks-trial/story?id=10179806

(Mods, I wasn't sure where to post this. Please move this if it's not in the right place.)

Thank you for posting this missyjane77. I think this creep is right where he belongs but I like to keep up on any news about him. I have no doubt that this deranged lunatic is guilty as heck and will only leave prison in a pine box. Why doesn't he just give up his pathetic claims that the drug addled hippies murdered his beautiful pregnant wife and adorable daughters admit his crimes and accept his fate? His arrogance and ridiculous story make me so sick. Does he really think that the public and the courts will buy his bs?

I saw a tv program about this case the other night. Maybe he does deserve a new trial since a woman did confess, the prosecutor was charged with crimes, the 24" long blonde synthetic hair was found, and Helena knew that a spring on the kids rocking horse was broken. She claims that she tried to ride it and an MP did see a similiar looking woman standing on the corner with a blonde wig and floppy hat on. However, I don't see how all the stab holes in Jeffrey's PJ top matched with the stab wounds to his wife.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back