WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

There is to be no discussion of sexual molestation. That is over the top. Period.

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

Do not post about other WS members, whether or not they are present. Do not post about why or why not they are present. That is called gossip, and we don’t do that at WS. It’s rude.

It is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors. All posts that do not include facts should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelievable.

We do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Links to social networking sites are allowed, but WS does not allow direct quotes or cut and pastes from them.

Please do not link to minors' pages.

If anyone has a problem with a post, please alert us to it using the alert button in the top right corner of each post. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it there. Do not respond to a problematic post. That only compounds the problem and creates more work for the mods. Hit the alert button instead.

You are all experienced enough posters by now to abide by these rules. Please don't make us give more timeouts.

The complete TOS can be found here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please read and follow them.

Thank you.

Thread 13
Thread 12
Thread 11
Thread 10
Thread 9
Thread 8
Thread 7
Thread 6
Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Snipped from the previous thread before it was moved to here:

"Originally Posted by No More
Someone asked me for a list of all the initials for people in this case... anyone care to repost that? I don't have it. TIA!"

The following is a repost of what I put together all the way back on the first page of thread #10. Is this what you mean? Also, it may be incomplete, but it's a start.

---------------------- (snipped from Thread #10)

List of initials commonly used in these threads (so far). Just thought I'd compile this information in one place to make it easier on people new to these threads or just catching up.

MC = Mackenzie Cowell
WC = MC's mom
RC = MC's dad
JF - Mom's bf/ex?
JV - MC's bf

PC (PCR) = Pitcher Canyon Road - where MC's car was found
CB = Crescent Bar - where MC's body was found

LE = law enforcement
POI = person of interest
WW = Wenatchee World newspaper
COD = cause of death

Other initials/acronyms:
bf = boyfriend
ETA = edited to add
BBM = bolded by me
S&BBM = snipped and bolded by me
SBM = snipped by me
IIRC = if I recall correctly
FWIW = for what it's worth
KWIM = know what I mean?

MOO = my opinion only
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO = in my humble opinion
JMHO = just my humble opinion

Here's a link to a thread that may help with other acronymns used at Websleuths.

---------------------- (end of snip)

Also, here is a link to the excellent timeline put together by pufnstuf, Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #13, that contains more information about initials and some of the specifics of the case. A must read.

ETA - I just PMed pufnstuf asking that the timeline be reposted here. Thanks, puf!

Here's a close-up photo of the figure 8:

Attachments

• IMGP1415.jpg
    IMGP1415.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 126
You can clearly see plants growing in the grooves. So, I opine that the figure 8 has been there since at least last September.

A big Thanks to all the local posters here as we appreciate everything you post. And thanks to you Del Rio for your very fine photographic contributions. It all brings us close to the case in our Sleuthing. Reading here, I almost feel like I'm in Eastern Wa.

Now to go read up ~ gotta catch up :angel: God Bless Mackenzie, and I hope her killer is found ASAP xox

About a week or so ago it was rumored that " someone " might be staying at a relative's house up Blewett.... I drive past this place every day twice and have seen no vehicles there other than the one(s) normally there. So either he parks behind somewhere not visible from the road or maybe he's not really staying there. Just thought I'd fill ya in!! :)

I have heard a RUMOR that his location is unknown at this point.

I have heard a RUMOR that his location is unknown at this point.

Well... I recall a rumor that Dee said, he was on the run. That's what she posted on her FB page. So...who knows if it is true, or not???

Perhaps more importantly, who that is relevant to MC has a dirt bike? :waitasec:

IMO there is a long list of people that could have known of the CB location... previous owners and acquaintances, real estate agents, someone shopping for real estate, construction people, PUD people, dirt bike riders, or even just anyone who lived or passed by regularly and noticed it to be vacant... a long list. If the house was not broken into, then I imagine the list of people with that access would be short.

I guess that is why I kept focusing on the car up PC... why up there? Just lazy and walked home when it was all done? MC felt comfortable with that person there? Aren't there other remote places just as remote and unexplainable for now? Why in PC and why there?

Hi No More, Reading back, you posted: "Here is del rio's picture of the yellow spray paint again (if that is what it is). I reviewed all the previous pictures and used a graphics editor to diminish everything that was not spray paint. Of..."

I'm wondering if this spray painting was found near her body? You saw some #'s. I thought I read 2 words ~ LOVE ~, and YOU below that. Thanks for your thoughts on the importance of the spray painting. xox

IMO there is a long list of people that could have known of the CB location... previous owners and acquaintances, real estate agents, someone shopping for real estate, construction people, PUD people, dirt bike riders, or even just anyone who lived or passed by regularly and noticed it to be vacant... a long list. If the house was not broken into, then I imagine the list of people with that access would be short.

I guess that is why I kept focusing on the car up PC... why up there? Just lazy and walked home when it was all done? MC felt comfortable with that person there? Aren't there other remote places just as remote and unexplainable for now? Why in PC and why there?

Yeah, I agree with del rio about those marks being there since last fall.

I talked to someone close to MC that said she would not have gone there by herself. She would have had to be scared of the person to go up PC. But, I still think she was never in that car.

I would think there would be even more remote places to hide the car, but maybe the killer could only think of PC when they were making a quick decision of what to do with it. Or, maybe they put it there to throw everyone off.

Well... I recall a rumor that Dee said, he was on the run. That's what she posted on her FB page. So...who knows if it is true, or not???

I heard it from a completely different and unrelated source as well. I guess only time will tell if it is the truth!

Hi again, One set of footprints leading away from the car . . . Do you think he killed her close to where she was found and then drove the car to a place he felt was far away enough from the body to where it would take some time to put it all together. Time enough for him to hike back to Wenatchee?

I haven't read all the posts yet but wanted the general thought about that.

Hi No More, Reading back, you posted: "Here is del rio's picture of the yellow spray paint again (if that is what it is). I reviewed all the previous pictures and used a graphics editor to diminish everything that was not spray paint. Of..."

I'm wondering if this spray painting was found near her body? You saw some #'s. I thought I read 2 words ~ LOVE ~, and YOU below that. Thanks for your thoughts on the importance of the spray painting. xox

Originally I thought it said:

--v
2 c 3

or

--v
S c 3

(with the --'s from me for filler), but now that you and others mention it, IMO it says:

--v
L o 3

and remember, kids and gangs use 3 for e. So IMO it DOES say LOVE.

If the killer wanted to dump her car and throw off LE---why not leave it at boyfriend's house or ?? Could have used it to frame someone but chose to dump the car instead.

Also PC is far far away from CB, far away from Sunnyslope, out of the range of eyes (he/she thinks....), and across the river from CB house, and no where near mom or dad's. It is basically as far from all of the other places that the killer thought anybody would look for her car and also far away from where any evidence was left (body, blood). In that sense it makes sense to me. In a psycho-nutcase way of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82