Theory: Third Party is Military Guy

kissdegirl

Reaction score
Brooks AFB, 20 miles from Leon Valley...maynot be anyone in the military, could be someone who lives in and around the base...crazy thought I'm sure!

I don't think it's crazy at all. :) It's really great to look at every possible angle....he could be anywhere afterall.

I don't think it's crazy at all. :) It's really great to look at every possible angle....he could be anywhere afterall.

How about a military family that is relocating to another base? At the new base, no one would be the wiser about them having a non-newborn baby.

ETA: It could be someone leaving the TX base after December...or someone who had recently been assigned there.

I'm really banging my head here. In the Alison Dubois interview she said "helicopters are overhead"...so ???
(1) What miltary bases are in and around there.
(2) Do we know if TS has family in the military.

I have always wondered what made Logan and Elizabeth go to Fort Smith, AR

When I updated my EJ sightings in SA map yesterday with the park, I saw again the AFB and did some preliminary searches trying to see what military connections EJ and/or Logan may have -- seems like it's ringing some vague bell as I was really struck by the base yesterday -- should we start a thread for this discussion?

When I updated my EJ sightings in SA map yesterday with the park, I saw again the AFB and did some preliminary searches trying to see what military connections EJ and/or Logan may have -- seems like it's ringing some vague bell as I was really struck by the base yesterday -- should we start a thread for this discussion?

I think it's possibly another theory for sure...I can't thread a needle...much less create a thread! ....fine by me...

Brooks AFB, 20 miles from Leon Valley...maynot be anyone in the military, could be someone who lives in and around the base...crazy thought I'm sure!

Randolf AFB 14.47 Miles from Leon Valley
Ft. Sam Houston 17 miles from Leon Valley

Quality Inns & Suites and Home gate:

Randolf AFB 14 Miles
Ft. Sam Houston 19 miles

Ft. Sam Houston has Medical Hospital as well as Brooks Army Medical Center...

I would like to know if Logan got a job in Fort Smith through some connection there, and if EJ had time to get to know and trust some young man with short hair there who might now live in SA
I know it's a stretch--

I would like to know if Logan got a job in Fort Smith through some connection there, and if EJ had time to get to know and trust some young man with short hair there who might now live in SA
I know it's a stretch--

If this proprosed young man is the male half of the couple, then who is the proposed third party? Or is this a different theory?

How about a military family that is relocating to another base? At the new base, no one would be the wiser about them having a non-newborn baby.

ETA: It could be someone leaving the TX base after December...or someone who had recently been assigned there.

There are three large military bases in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston (Army), Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolf AFB. Plus, there are a couple of smaller bases. There are somewhere around 60,000 military personnel stationed in San Antonio.
It would be difficult to be in the military and have an illegally adopted child. He couldn't be enrolled as a dependent (that requires proof of a legal adoption and court papers), couldn't get medical benefits or any family services benefits and wouldn't be counted towards the number of family members for military housing assignments. The military member also would not be reimbursed for adoption expenses as he/she would if the child were adopted legally.

There are three large military bases in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston (Army), Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolf AFB. Plus, there are a couple of smaller bases. There are somewhere around 60,000 military personnel stationed in San Antonio.
It would be difficult to be in the military and have an illegally adopted child. He couldn't be enrolled as a dependent (that requires proof of a legal adoption and court papers), couldn't get medical benefits or any family services benefits and wouldn't be counted towards the number of family members for military housing assignments. The military member also would not be reimbursed for adoption expenses as he/she would if the child were adopted legally.

How about some temporary legal guardianship papers for a child who's living with you temporarily? The PI doesn't think there's any adoption.

Very good points.

If the intention was not for the child to be adopted but instead to be housed temporarily, it might work for a period of time as long as the family were not trying to get any benefits for him.

If this proprosed young man is the male half of the couple, then who is the proposed third party? Or is this a different theory?

This theory would be that the young man would be the third party who hooked EJ up with the couple -- could be the 20 something hg with short hair? IDK just tossing stuff around
It's out there, but since a few of us have hit on this around the same time, I think we should talk it out

Fort Smith is where Gabriel was conceived, right?

Imagine that becoming pregnant is a big deal even for a mother who does not want to be a mother

It is an event that might have initiated more outside contact than her run of the mill go to work and then the bar life or whatever it was --

Maybe she met someone, a friend or mentor of sorts at this turning point of her life?

I am searching the forum for references to Fort Smith as I have some odd bell ringing in my old head

MomT back in January found some ads while searching for ads EJ might have posted-- backwhen that ad from the WI woman adopting a baby boy around Christmas in SA hit the presses - the ads were posted by a user name forthsmith
She posted copies of the ads here
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4695938&postcount=567"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12[/ame]
and explained how she found them here
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4695963&postcount=574"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12[/ame]

How about some temporary legal guardianship papers for a child who's living with you temporarily? The PI doesn't think there's any adoption.
You'd need court papers to get dependency status for a child under those circumstances.
If you just wanted to keep a child temporarily and didn't expect to need free medical care for him during that time (so irresponsible!), you could just tell people that your sister's child was visiting you for a few months, I suppose. (Although, that might raise suspicions if it went on for any length of time, especially if you lived in military housing where there are restrictions to how long a non-dependent can reside there -- 2 weeks or something like that.) One thing about the military, however, even though it's huge, it's a small world within it, and relocating to a different base is not going to take you away from everybody who knows you and your business. Still, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for a military family to have Gabriel, just less likely than a civilian family, since it's gone on so long.

You'd need court papers to get dependency status for a child under those circumstances.
If you just wanted to keep a child temporarily and didn't expect to need free medical care for him during that time (so irresponsible!), you could just tell people that your sister's child was visiting you for a few months, I suppose. (Although, that might raise suspicions if it went on for any length of time, especially if you lived in military housing where there are restrictions to how long a non-dependent can reside there -- 2 weeks or something like that.) One thing about the military, however, even though it's huge, it's a small world within it, and relocating to a different base is not going to take you away from everybody who knows you and your business. Still, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for a military family to have Gabriel, just less likely than a civilian family, since it's gone on so long.

What kind of court papers would you need for a child staying with you for an extended period of time that you were not adopting?

I am searching the forum for references to Fort Smith as I have some odd bell ringing in my old head

MomT back in January found some ads while searching for ads EJ might have posted-- backwhen that ad from the WI woman adopting a baby boy around Christmas in SA hit the presses - the ads were posted by a user name forthsmith
She posted copies of the ads here
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12
and explained how she found them here
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12

Is this a hiding or an illegal adoption theory?

What kind of court papers would you need for a child staying with you for an extended period of time that you were not adopting?

All Documents must be Original or True Certified Copies
Court Documentation (Legal and Physical Custody)
Original or Certified Birth Certificate which shows both parents

SS card -- member has 90 days to produce card
A court order that places the child into the member's home in excess of 12 months.

An approved Dependency Statement (DD 137/7 - Attached) by DFAS Cleveland

The forms (DD Form 1172 and DD Form 137/7) must be completed, submitted and approved by DFAS Cleveland before being entered into DEERS
*** Temporary Custody needs to be at least for one year
http://sill-www.army.mil/dhr/MPD/ID_Cards/Info_Required_for_ID_or_CAC_Cards.pdf
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+"temporary+custody"&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
This all applies only to children you are making dependents, even temporarily. If you live in civilian housing, don't need military health care, base child care or any other benefits for the child, you don't need to enroll him in DEERS (Dependent Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.)

There's also a separate issue called "Page 2." It's the second page of your military records that records all the dependents living with you. Don't know the repercussions of caring for a child for any length of time without listing him on your Page 2.

This could work for a short period of time, for a military family, but not for more than a few months, I would think.

No adoption papers necessary to be enrolled in DEERS or receive medical care. I married into the Army, my son from a previous relationship became a military dependent, without my husband adopting, etc.
Birth certificate (with my name only) and SS were all that was needed to add us both after marriage. Possibly, if I had listed the birth father that may have made adoption/custody issues arise in enrollment.:twocents:

Did I miss something? How did this military thread get started?

The describtion that the PI gave was normal build, short, straight, brown hair.

If this was a military family, wouldn't it have been a buzzed cut and an athletic build?

I have not heard a single person bring up the military in the investigation. My experience is that the military is very tight... tighter than the closest neighborhoods. If a military familiy showed up with a new kid, there would be a lot of red flags.

The park in Leon valley is not close to ANY military base. Lackland AFB is probably the closest, and it's home to new military recruits, not families.

Thank park is a lot closer to the med center, which is full of hosptials, care workers, nurses, adoption advisors and child advocates. If we're throwing darts at a board, wouldn't that be a better guess than the military?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back