CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WaitOneMinute posted a news link on page 11 (http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=21503), and the article it links to contains this quote from April Wilson, Kayleah's mother:

"She never hanged out with the bad crowds," Wilson said Thursday outside her apartment. "She had her friends. She liked to hang out at the mall, go to the library - you know, typical kid stuff."

Assuming the quote is accurate, my question is this: Why is April Wilson already talking about her daughter in the past tense?

Just saw Kayleah featured on aol news so that is good that she is getting coverage!!

Saying a prayer that she is found safe and sound!

WaitOneMinute posted a news link on page 11 (http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=21503), and the article it links to contains this quote from April Wilson, Kayleah's mother:

Assuming the quote is accurate, my question is this: Why is April Wilson already talking about her daughter in the past tense?

It pains me greatly to say this, but I think we all know, that needs to be called in to LE, just to be safe.

When this case broke, I was thinking abduction, maybe a runaway, but the more I read on, my hinky meters keeps going off. I hope that she is found safe but I also hope AW is sincere about KW missing. AW wanted to hang out with 17yr old boys and KW was "dating" one?.......I going to stop my speculation at that.

I really wish that one of the cases would have a profound effect on the parents of tweens/teens...maybe wake them up to the dangers of today's society. My almost 15yo doesn't yet have a cell phone (although I am getting her one for her birthday. Shhhh), no myspace, no facebook, no email, no unsupervised internet, no "dating" outside of school, and most certainly does not wander anywhere alone. She is not even allowed to walk the track at the school w/o a friend. I teach my kids the "buddy system".

I come to WS everyday. I see the heartbreak and it keeps me vigilant. I wish that more parents would open their eyes before it is too late; think a little bit harder about safety vs. convienience, be okay with saying "no", and speak openly with their children about personal safety. I know that I am by no means perfect in the parenting department, but I can honestly say that I do everything within my power to protect my children, even if they "hate" me for it at the moment.

Poor Kayleah. I pray that she did leave on her own and is hanging out somewhere just trying to figure out how to come home. My gut keeps telling me that this has something to do with the friends she was meeting up with and not a stranger abduction.

Kayleah was on my local news this morning !

I've got a lot of catching up to do on this as I just read about this case today. I have some major things going on in my family life right now and I'm not spending much time at Websleuths right now as it's just really hard to read about more tragedy. But I read about Kayleah this morning on CNN. I'm sure you all have covered this already, but WTF is a 17 year old doing with a 12 year old girlfriend???

I don't think she meant in that way. She should said "hung out with". But, from the friends I saw on K's myspace, all they talk about is getting high. JMO

I think she does alot more than what she has told her family.

I was naughty when I was in my teens and my parents never noticed a thing because I went to school everyday, did my homework, got good grades, and came home at curfew..Little did they know....

First off, just want to say I am sooooo happy to see her story on the Today Show this morning!!!!

~ Respectfully snipped ~

What do we know?

Did she have a 17 year old bf (or had in the past)?
The foster mom changed her status about that.

She had been in foster care, why?

Who are the players? There is a lot of confusion about step-dads, x step dads, bio father etc.

The 17 y/o bf - YES she did have one. The story the fm changed her status about was that Kayleah had run off with him. One of Kayleah's "friends" decided to put that rumor out there. At least, LE is saying he's been talked to and released. But, yes, there was the 17 y/o bf.

I'd love to know why she was in foster care as well. Could shed a lot of light. Many many times we hear these stories, DCF has already had much involvement and ends up dropping the ball, unfortunately. NOT that I'm saying that's what happened here.

I don't understand the dad/step-dad name issue, either. I will say, though, that several years ago I worked with a girl who's dtr's (11 mos apart) were fathered by two brothers. Just a thought.

I hate to say this, but after watching the Today Show this am, when AW was talking, my hinky meter went WAAAAAAYYYY off. I really can't even pinpoint why, but my first thought was "oh, no" -- it just didn't seem right.

**Reminder, I am going go to take more pics today so anyone who has any requests, let me know. I will definitely get the ped tunnel they spoke about on the Today Show, although it's quite out of the way of where she was supposed to be going, so I'm not sure why they think she used it . . . .

First off, just want to say I am sooooo happy to see her story on the Today Show this morning!!!!

~ Respectfully snipped ~

The 17 y/o bf - YES she did have one. The story the fm changed her status about was that Kayleah had run off with him. One of Kayleah's "friends" decided to put that rumor out there. At least, LE is saying he's been talked to and released. But, yes, there was the 17 y/o bf.

I'd love to know why she was in foster care as well. Could shed a lot of light. Many many times we hear these stories, DCF has already had much involvement and ends up dropping the ball, unfortunately. NOT that I'm saying that's what happened here.

I don't understand the dad/step-dad name issue, either. I will say, though, that several years ago I worked with a girl who's dtr's (11 mos apart) were fathered by two brothers. Just a thought.

I hate to say this, but after watching the Today Show this am, when AW was talking, my hinky meter went WAAAAAAYYYY off. I really can't even pinpoint why, but my first thought was "oh, no" -- it just didn't seem right.

**Reminder, I am going go to take more pics today so anyone who has any requests, let me know. I will definitely get the ped tunnel they spoke about on the Today Show, although it's quite out of the way of where she was supposed to be going, so I'm not sure why they think she used it . . . .

I feel so much better knowing you're right there to look out for Kayleah, Yellow. God bless our sleuthers!

:blowkiss:

The odds might be rare but there is also the chance that they just happened to have the same last name (the bio dad and the ex stepdad). Wilson is a pretty common last name.

After reading through all the threads, I just don't get the feeling this little girl ran away. I pray I am wrong and that she will turn up safe and sound.

just putting it out there... but the stepfather says he hasn't seen her in four years...... :waitasec:

Nurse - does Jessie Wilson, the stepfather, live in Colorado? Does anyone know the town? TIA

Wanted to wake up to good news this morning.... Kayleah where are you????

Nurse - does Jessie Wilson, the stepfather, live in Colorado? Does anyone know the town? TIA
I need to go back to that initial article and find out... not sure... for some reason I was thinking the Denver area but not sure (brb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member