WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Thomas' eyebrows are a match. Lyle has very distinctive eyebrows.

I don't think the jaw bone matches, either. But there are definate similarities! Good eye! I tend to look at the "unibrow" and sharp jaw as two distinct features of "lyle".

"Lyle" sure resembles a lot of the terrorists wanted by the FBI IMO. :waitasec:

Who replied

I was out of town and just got back.
I thought there were similarities and he seemed to come from the right area, oh well! Onward!

Shipmatekate,

IMHO there are some differences with the eyebrows and the cheekbones, but a young man can mature a lot over a few years' span of time. To me, there are enough similarities to point law enforcement towards this. If you're wrong, it's only someone else they can rule out. If you're right. . . .

Hi all! I am new to this site (well, newly registered, long time reader). This case has always haunted me, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I've actually been writing about it a lot lately too...anyways, I have actually read through the previous threads, and I didn't see this question answered:

When he checked in, was he wearing the same clothes as when he was found dead? Or was he wearing different clothes? And if he was, then could they be with the potential backpack...?

I look forward to discussing (and hopefully solving!) this mystery with you, so this poor man can have his name back...

Hi all! I am new to this site (well, newly registered, long time reader). This case has always haunted me, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I've actually been writing about it a lot lately too...anyways, I have actually read through the previous threads, and I didn't see this question answered:

When he checked in, was he wearing the same clothes as when he was found dead? Or was he wearing different clothes? And if he was, then could they be with the potential backpack...?

I look forward to discussing (and hopefully solving!) this mystery with you, so this poor man can have his name back...

Welcome to websleuths!!!

I have no clue about the clothes. I thought there was discussion about him not having underwear (sorry my memory is awful, and read so many UID stories, I just can't keep anything straight)
Anyways if that's true, I was thinking that maybe he only had the clothes on his back and tossed the undies if he was in them for a few days traveling.

A few things I was wondering.....
Does it look like a scar between his eyes? and above his Left eye, is that a scar?
Also I read somewhere (I think doenetwork) that sometimes eyes after death will change to Hazel. I was wondering if there's a slight possibility Lyle could of had blue eyes? or even blue-greenish eyes? I've came across a couple of posts of missing persons w/o pictures, that stats almost match lyles, alot of them have blue eyes though.

Did anyone ever get word on if this case could go into the UID section? Sometimes I worry that people might not even click on the link, thinking its an unsolved murder case or something.

This is the correct current thread. I merged some older posts that needed to be added to one of the threads so chose this one rather than merging into older locked threads.

Continue on.....

Welcome to websleuths!!!

I have no clue about the clothes. I thought there was discussion about him not having underwear (sorry my memory is awful, and read so many UID stories, I just can't keep anything straight)
Anyways if that's true, I was thinking that maybe he only had the clothes on his back and tossed the undies if he was in them for a few days traveling.

A few things I was wondering.....
Does it look like a scar between his eyes? and above his Left eye, is that a scar?
Also I read somewhere (I think doenetwork) that sometimes eyes after death will change to Hazel. I was wondering if there's a slight possibility Lyle could of had blue eyes? or even blue-greenish eyes? I've came across a couple of posts of missing persons w/o pictures, that stats almost match lyles, alot of them have blue eyes though.

Did anyone ever get word on if this case could go into the UID section? Sometimes I worry that people might not even click on the link, thinking its an unsolved murder case or something.

That "scar" is the result from him hanging himself, I believe CCM said that's how he got it.

I did look up about the eye color thing, and I did find something:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hospice-Care-3445/2008/11/Eye-Color-Change-death.htm

That "scar" is the result from him hanging himself, I believe CCM said that's how he got it.

I did look up about the eye color thing, and I did find something:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hospice-Care-3445/2008/11/Eye-Color-Change-death.htm

lol i'm still confused about the eye color thing! Seems like there's difference of opinions.

I never really paid attention to the scar looking thing between his eye brows but its been driving me crazy because I remember reading somewhere (?) about a missing person with a backwards 7 or upside down L scar around that area. Or maybe it was a backwards L or a upside down 7. :waitasec:

Gina M posted this link to coldcasemans first post here
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Grays Harbor, Washington John Doe (cont...)

I'm going to go through his post to see what else I missed. Not that i'll remember much after few days :doh: lol

ETA: found the answer to the underwear for anyone who missed it like me.........
A post from Coldcaseman
"He was wearing boxers. Dark colored print, possibly JC Penny (as I recall). Stomach was empty, so his last meal was at least 5 hours before his death. "

I'm starting to wonder if he did not have recent weightloss??? I mean big pants,boxers,belt, and the plaid button up shirt just seems like the fashion for some back then

lol i'm still confused about the eye color thing! Seems like there's difference of opinions.

I never really paid attention to the scar looking thing between his eye brows but its been driving me crazy because I remember reading somewhere (?) about a missing person with a backwards 7 or upside down L scar around that area. Or maybe it was a backwards L or a upside down 7. :waitasec:

Whoops! :d'oh: I thought you were talking about what was next to his eye!

Well i've been looking at this pic at this link

Warning Morgue Pic
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q-WUI5W_6...AAAAk/VQUscWR6EqE/s1600-h/A200300405S_846.jpg

You see that 'thing' about the left eye? kinda half circle looking? I cant even describe it. lol

Hi, I think Coldcaseman said that happened when he opened Lyle's eye for the photograph. That is as I remember.

It is so encouraging to see posters still serious about solving this mystery. I think about him often and am always drawn to his unusual chin, trying to figure out his ancestry. I think if we discover that, it will tell us so much about the who and why of Lyle's case.

xox

Well i've been looking at this pic at this link

Warning Morgue Pic
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q-WUI5W_6...AAAAk/VQUscWR6EqE/s1600-h/A200300405S_846.jpg

You see that 'thing' about the left eye? kinda half circle looking? I cant even describe it. lol

You mean where it looks like someone punched him there & it's was healing?

Weird how his left eyebrow is higher; not sure if that's due to his eyes being opened for the photo

As far as eye color; I'm trying to think of my dad's eyes before he passed.. we knew his body was shutting down on a Friday, he passed on Monday night; I'm almost positive his eye color somewhat changed; more so like it got cloudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77