WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my usual bi-monthly check-up on the CB property on Tuesday. Every time I go there, I see something that I didn’t notice before.

As a result of today’s check-up, I’m pretty certain there was a blood-trail left in the brushy-area, i.e., along the Trail I mentioned previously.

To be clear, I didn’t see any blood. But LE’s evidence markers lead me to believe that LE was marking a blood-trail. And, by "blood trail,"' I mean blood drops. I don’t believe there is any other plausible explanation for the type of markers used, and the location of the markers.

Del, if you don't mind saying .... what type of markers are there? (Sorry if you've already covered this.) TIA.

I strongly believe LE knows who did this and have for a long time. I SPECULATE that LE has not made an arrest yet due to multiple "complications".

I've been pretty free with my info thus far. I have a gut feeling that I should not make this one public for awhile.

When you can....please share the information.:)

Hi Alt, I believe it was a local poster who said her body was so well hidden in the foliage that one would have tripped over her body before seeing it.

I don't think the scene on that bank would allow for her to be that well hidden and still have her feet bobbing in the water. Even allowing for the raise in the water level if it had reached the line of foliage, her feet would have to be sticking out beyond the foliage to be in the water and would be visible.

Plus the hikers wouldn't have spotted the body if it were hidden, and to just see bobbing feet from a distance doesn't sound probable to me. I think we can put that RUMOR to rest, don't you?

Hi Babynurse, Have you read somewhere about her body being dismembered? Thanks

Thanks scandi.

Yup, I agree with you as it pertains to the body couldn't have been hidden in foliage and feet in the "RIVER" water at the same time - (at least not at the time the body was found). There is other water nearby, (the stream), to make the RUMOR legitimate and plausible, (although my theory is not leaning towards RIVER water nor the stream outlet near the shoreline nor even that the body was visible from the riverbank). I've stated this theory a while back and it was (and as far as I know still is), an alternate to everyone else's. Just living up to my name.

As for your question, "I think we can put that RUMOR to rest, don't you?"

Short answer: NEVER. (and I'm not even sure which RUMOR you are referring to in the question)

In this case, I am giving all RUMORS merit. How much merit is up to me, (and up to you for you).

Del, if you don't mind saying .... what type of markers are there? (Sorry if you've already covered this.) TIA.

The type that are long nails, with big round rubber washers on the end, which are used to nail the small, fluorescent red ribbons into the ground. I counted a total of seven, which started about halfway through the brushy-area and continued down the hill to the beach. These were the only evidence markers of that type that I saw anywhere on the property.

I pulled one of the nails out and took a photo of it. Will post said photo tomorrow.

All media footage of the CB property shows that LE used crime scene tape to tape off certain areas (e.g., the area of the figure 8, the front lawn, and etc. But it’s the areas which were not taped off that contains LE’s evidence markers, spray painting, and etc. In fact, I have seen absolutely no signs of LE activity in the areas that were taped off.

Is this what LE normally does, or is this just another LE tactic to throw off the perps?

Just looking back at old WW articles and I found this statement...
It (MC's body) was found by someone walking along the beach about 12:45 p.m. Saturday. At the time, said Chelan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Moore, it appeared the body had been put there by someone

Bolded and underlined by me, what does that mean "at the time"? Like, that is what they thought at first but now they know something different?
Here is the article if anyone would like to take a look. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/

"At the time" LOL If this was really how Moore worded it we should all thank him for another worthless statement.

Trying to read into that statement, SPECULATION, if LE thought the body was PUT at the location they found it, but have since changed their mind, maybe this was because the body was located high on the shoreline? Being so far from the river "water" on that Saturday they assumed it was "put" there as opposed to floating there. Then LE received information that the "river" water level fluctuates and they changed their mind. In fact, it appears the water level was at it's highest point for the entire time MC was missing on the evening of Tuesday the 9th. (Data attached below)

After police figured out that there were times while MC was missing when the water level was likely quite higher off the CB property they decided she could have floated to the spot where she was found - thus the addition of "At the time" to Moore's statement.

At the time, plausibility for this happening seems rather high, IMO.

-- Continuing with some SPECULATION based on the attachment --

Besides the Tuesday "higher" water level (and possibly even a "surge" on top of that higher water level until almost 10 pm Tuesday night), there also appears to be;

-- Another "higher" water level on Wednesday just after noon which could have lasted a few hours

-- And a couple of shorter periods of only "high" (not "higher") water levels the afternoon of Thursday and mid-morning on Friday.

So, I've attached a picture of the excel chart which didn't save correctly as a jpg - the text moved. (So when reading the text it should be moved to the right and down). Or skip all that and open it in your excel program or viewer by downloading the chart and spreadsheet with data points.

I compared the previously posted water elevation level at the south end of the reservoir (Wanapum Dam forebay) to the water elevation level at the north end of the reservoir, (Rock Island Dam Tailwater). I didn't post the tailwater information but it is found at the same large text file as the previous reports were found. Search for "RIS" and then look for the "HT" data set here.

There are too many factors to do anything but guess how these water level changes below Rock Island Dam would effect the small bay in front of the CB property. Any water "surge" coming from Rock Island Dam would need to travel south down the reservoir 8 miles, hit a 90 degree corner, then travel another 4 miles to the east where whatever was left of the "surge" would hit another 90 degree corner and AT THE SAME TIME hit the small bay in front of the CB property. Because the property is located at the bend in the river, one might imagine the "surge" would be more evident at this location then just along side a straight shoreline.

Although I've tried, it is extremely difficult to even guesstimate "surge" potential effecting water levels without some "on the ground" measurements at the Crescent Bar property.

ETA: Sorry... just noticed the attached jpg image didn't even save the "legend" text. Please try to download and open the excel sheet if you really wanna look over this data - (graph is on sheet2, data points are on sheet1). For those looking at the attachment, the red line is the water elevation level as based on measurements at Wanapum Dam forebay starting from 4 pm Tuesday the 9th of Feb. until 2 pm on Saturday the 13th of Feb. The blue line is the water elevation level below Rock Island Dam for the same time period.

Attachments

• water level.a.jpg
    water level.a.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
All media footage of the CB property shows that LE used crime scene tape to tape off certain areas (e.g., the area of the figure 8, the front lawn, and etc. But it’s the areas which were not taped off that contains LE’s evidence markers, spray painting, and etc. In fact, I have seen absolutely no signs of LE activity in the areas that were taped off.

Is this what LE normally does, or is this just another LE tactic to throw off the perps?

I expect the boundaries are set to indicate where LE may safely traverse as well as not.

The type that are long nails, with big round rubber washers on the end, which are used to nail the small, fluorescent red ribbons into the ground. I counted a total of seven, which started about halfway through the brushy-area and continued down the hill to the beach. These were the only evidence markers of that type that I saw anywhere on the property.

The crime scene.

I've not seen nails as you describe in an evidence kit ... but I have seen what you describe, in surveyors and landscapers toolboxes.

If those ground spikes are marking droplet area, the distances between them is very important .. as that indicates a combination of bleed rate, source travel speed and direction.

If the body was transported on/in a tarp or barrow to just before the first ground spike and the body was then picked up by the perp, the resulting pressure and movement of the body could produce bleed-out, depending on coagulation degree.

Of course ... it also could indicate where the perp bled out after being stuck with a thorn or the victim's fingernail.

It also could be a mix of the two.

From what I could tell, LE made the taped off area extremely expansive. In fact, to the point it almost looks more like they taped themselves inside a box and everything else on the property they wanted to treat as crime scene until it was ruled otherwise. When these areas were ruled out there wasn't a pressing need to make the taped in area smaller.

Check out this WW picture from the Saturday evening the body was found. It looks like LE allowed themselves just enough room to park and that was it, (they used the passenger mirror of the SUV on the left to tie police tape to, actually placing the SUV inside the boundary??)

Either way, I wouldn't read too much into where the police tape was located. Due to the properties location and driveway, access to this property wouldn't be difficult to control. Beach area would be the most "difficult" but without tourists not much so either.

From my experience, the LE that are assigned to string the tape are usually the newbies who have nothing to do with the investigation and are only assigned for crowd control and in/out management, (when each investigator was "on scene" and when they left -- if the newbie was even trusted enough to do that).

"Hey newbie, go string tape around that ________ until we get a chance to take a look at it"

From what I could tell, LE made the taped off area extremely expansive. In fact, to the point it almost looks more like they taped themselves inside a box and everything else on the property they wanted to treat as crime scene until it was ruled otherwise. When these areas were ruled out there wasn't a pressing need to make the taped in area smaller.

From my experience, the LE that are assigned to string the tape are usually the newbies who have nothing to do with the investigation and are only assigned for crowd control and in/out management, (when each investigator was "on scene" and when they left -- if the newbie was even trusted enough to do that).

"Hey newbie, go string tape around that ________ until we get a chance to take a look at it"

My understanding is that LE will establish and tape off two areas... like a hot and warm zone. The inside tape is for investigators only and no one else can enter so that evidence is not disturbed. Also, a defense lawyer could argue to throw out evidence if they believe a non-investigator could have tampered with the evidence during processing.

The outer tape is identify the crime scene and to keep others out and away..

This is how I remember it...

I ran up to Safeway (corner of Miller and 5th) about an hour or so ago and saw 3 PD cars in a row traveling East on 5th. From your description, it sounds like they may have been coming back from that area. I didn't really think much of it until I saw your post. Hmmm..
I just emailed a friend who lives near the college. If I hear anything, I will post ASAP. Wonderful to think an arrest might be imminent!:dance: Be careful in going to the area. A cornered perp might be dangerous.

Re TOD, do not forensic autopsies establish that fairly accurately?
I was thinking that lividity would be one factor. Along with, likely, others

I just emailed a friend who lives near the college. If I hear anything, I will post ASAP. Wonderful to think an arrest might be imminent!:dance: Be careful in going to the area. A cornered perp might be dangerous.

Does a possible POI go to college, or hang, out in that area?

Re POI in that area?, I don't know. I was responding to an earlier post that said 3 police cars, traveling East, were seen on 5th St., near the college.

OH ok..so you didn't mean a person related to this case? You were just speaking in general.....

Can anyone define this someone was booked within the last day with a million dollar bail.
- 04-06-2010 $FW Fee Waived 200.00
1 04-06-2010 ORPRFP Order To Proceed In Forma Pauperis
2 04-06-2010 PT Petition For Writ Of Habeas Corpus
3 04-06-2010 DCLR
4 04-06-2010 OR Order Re Writ Of Habeas Corpus
5 04-06-2010 WRHC Writ Of Habeas Corpus
6 04-06-2010 WARO Warrant: Writ Of Haveas Corpus
actually it is for obstructing charge. but one million dollar bail wow

Can anyone define this someone was booked within the last day with a million dollar bail.
- 04-06-2010 $FW Fee Waived 200.00
1 04-06-2010 ORPRFP Order To Proceed In Forma Pauperis
2 04-06-2010 PT Petition For Writ Of Habeas Corpus
3 04-06-2010 DCLR
4 04-06-2010 OR Order Re Writ Of Habeas Corpus
5 04-06-2010 WRHC Writ Of Habeas Corpus
6 04-06-2010 WARO Warrant: Writ Of Haveas Corpus
actually it is for obstructing charge. but one million dollar bail wow

Aha! You edited this faster than I could ask...
Three persons ont he jail roster with $1 million bail, two were drive by shooting cases (same case? IDK) and this one.

I am very interested where you got the specifics....the booking roster does not have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73