WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the 4/6/2010 entry and there appears to be a declaration from a person named JC and a warrant with a Writ of Habeas Corpus. Del, or anyone else - do you have access to check this CN 10-2-00378-3 for MCM on Liberty (willing/able to check)? If not possible, perhaps one of us should go down to Super Court and read declaration or other charging docs in system? I am not able to do it today. Also looks as though fees waived; as in indigent, court appointed legal counsel.

Thanks, giddyup!

Now, we need someone to go into the court clerk's office (they are closed for lunch from noon to 1pm) and take a look at that file (most recent, dated 4/6/10).

I'm on toddler duty today, but I might be able to sneak away tomorrow...

what about the "declaration" on the court case by a female. Where would she fit in?

O.k., hold the phone - MCM is not our guy. I looked it up in the court records just now. It is a custody matter. He took his daughter from Oregon and concealed her from the mother. Allegations of drug abuse as well. No bail. All public record. He was scheduled for another court appearance at 11:30 this morning.

Darn - I had major butterflies for a while.

The type that are long nails, with big round rubber washers on the end, which are used to nail the small, fluorescent red ribbons into the ground. I counted a total of seven, which started about halfway through the brushy-area and continued down the hill to the beach. These were the only evidence markers of that type that I saw anywhere on the property.

Sure those aren't survey markers? With all the PUD stuff going on, may be something to do with that.

O.k., hold the phone - MCM is not our guy. I looked it up in the court records just now. It is a custody matter. He took his daughter from Oregon and concealed her from the mother. Allegations of drug abuse as well. No bail. All public record. He was scheduled for another court appearance at 11:30 this morning.

Darn - I had major butterflies for a while.

For the Love of God. SOMEONE throw us a bone.

Thanks, Thinking. :(

I was hoping someone sleuther (like you!) Would have access.

I'm bummed, though. His 411 seemed to match up with rumors for other potential players. I was excited for a minute. Grrrr.

I just placed a phone call to the jail. Our newest person of interest possibly (POIP) is indeed in the jail. He did have a court appearance yesterday. He is being held on "obstruction" charges and he has NO bail. The million dollars listed on the chelan county roster is not correct. He was quick to tell me he is being held on NO bail. I asked when he was brought in initially and he said he was not at liberty to tell me that.

PS I also called his house. Thought I would see if I could get any info from anyone at the house, but I just got a generic message. I know. I sound like a stalker. Sometimes I creep myself out.

LMAO !! Grey, you are hilarious !! (And you've got some guts !!)

I have permission to say this from a first-hand source who does not want to be identified publicly. I have confirmation that Mackenzie was found with her legs in the water of the Columbia River. She was wearing clothing identical to that which she was wearing in the parking-lot video on the day that she disappeared. She had a black garbage bag on her head. To the naked eye, there was no obvious blood on the beach around her, nor was there anything of obvious evidentiary value near her body--again, to the naked eye. I cannot answer any questions that this post may raise, and will not betray my source by revealing their identity on this board.

It's up to each of you whether you wish to believe me or not.

And Puf, thanks for also having the "guts" to post that information from your source.

Wow, I must say this is all such very interesting sleuthing this morning !

IMO, "legs" in the water, as opposed to the original description of "feet"....lends a little more credence to her body not being "placed" in it's final discovery spot.

Here's photo NUMBER 901:

Attachments

• IMGP1529.jpg
    IMGP1529.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 94
respectfully snipped...

IMO, "legs" in the water, as opposed to the original description of "feet"....lends a little more credence to her body not being "placed" in it's final discovery spot.

Upon hearing that, I thought that maybe, since the water is so shallow there, as Del Rio has described... maybe they took her into the water to wash any evidence off of her body and just dropped her in the shallows. I read on another website that the water at in that area can rise and drop 2 feet in no time... so I guess maybe the water rose, pushing her into the shore, and then dropped again, leaving her on the bank with legs submerged.

That part is JMO.

Thanks scandi.

Yup, I agree with you as it pertains to the body couldn't have been hidden in foliage and feet in the "RIVER" water at the same time - (at least not at the time the body was found). There is other water nearby, (the stream), to make the RUMOR legitimate and plausible, (although my theory is not leaning towards RIVER water nor the stream outlet near the shoreline nor even that the body was visible from the riverbank). I've stated this theory a while back and it was (and as far as I know still is), an alternate to everyone else's. Just living up to my name.

As for your question, "I think we can put that RUMOR to rest, don't you?"

Short answer: NEVER. (and I'm not even sure which RUMOR you are referring to in the question)

In this case, I am giving all RUMORS merit. How much merit is up to me, (and up to you for you).

Thanks Alt, I meant the possibility she was very well hidden in the foliage, which is not how she was found.

That digging on the river bank might have been for something other than a body - evidence buried maybe.

Like our poster with Groucho's Avi said, SS like we can speculate even if it is not FACT ~ yet. ;}

Upon hearing that, I thought that maybe, since the water is so shallow there, as Del Rio has described... maybe they took her into the water to wash any evidence off of her body and just dropped her in the shallows. I read on another website that the water at in that area can rise and drop 2 feet in no time... so I guess maybe the water rose, pushing her into the shore, and then dropped again, leaving her on the bank with legs submerged.

That part is JMO.

They may have thought that they pushed her out far enough that she would float away but the water level dropped and she was beached. That would explain why the police tape went so far out into the water and why they brought in divers.

This is what a temporary survey marker looks like:

117225865087244.jpg

Utility companies use them to mark lines. Private and public (county/state) surveyors use them, too, to mark property lines, right of way, easement, etc.

Here's photo NUMBER 902:

Attachments

• IMGP1539.jpg
    IMGP1539.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 103
They may have thought that they pushed her out far enough that she would float away but the water level dropped and she was beached. That would explain why the police tape went so far out into the water and why they brought in divers.

Yeah, good point! From everything I've read about that area, the water level fluctuates a lot. What could be one level one morning could be 2' lower that afternoon. Also there's supposedly a LOT of wind through there. That part of the columbia is described as a wind tunnel. That would explain her body being pushed back to the shore, too.

This is a photo of the nail in the spray-painted "B" located in the duck blind. It's about 3 or 4 times longer than the nails used in the brushy-area.

Here's photo NUMBER 903:

Attachments

• IMGP1540.jpg
    IMGP1540.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 101
Here's photo NUMBER 904:

Attachments

• IMGP1569.jpg
    IMGP1569.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 106
I have permission to say this from a first-hand source who does not want to be identified publicly. I have confirmation that Mackenzie was found with her legs in the water of the Columbia River. She was wearing clothing identical to that which she was wearing in the parking-lot video on the day that she disappeared. She had a black garbage bag on her head. To the naked eye, there was no obvious blood on the beach around her, nor was there anything of obvious evidentiary value near her body--again, to the naked eye. I cannot answer any questions that this post may raise, and will not betray my source by revealing their identity on this board.

It's up to each of you whether you wish to believe me or not.

Thanks to you and the others who have shared with us first-hand knowledge. You, Del Rio and others have provided much insight and information to this case. I appreciate what you have to offer, while not jeopardizing LEs efforts or violating your source's confidence.

Here's photo NUMBER 902:

A lifetime ago, I worked with a surveyor. That surely does look like some of the plastic washers/spikes we used for temp markers. Identical to them.

Possible that LE has learned how good they are for marking, especially with fluorescent plastic washers. Usually, LE forensics uses marker flags...which they number to correspond with records they keep.

A lifetime ago, I worked with a surveyor. That surely does look like some of the plastic washers/spikes we used for temp markers. Identical to them.

Possible that LE has learned how good they are for marking, especially with fluorescent plastic washers. Usually, LE forensics uses marker flags...which they number to correspond with records they keep.

Hi, I thought CSI investigators used little orange or yellow plastic wedges, each having a #, that they set right next to what they have observed that is evidenciary. xox

ETA: In Del's photo with 3 red circles it sure looks like a blood trail tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member