GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

IMO he planned for it to happen there. I figure he hoped for 3 things:

1. Best outcome, the Mexican drug cartel will be blamed, trying to rip off a "wealthy" American on vacation. It will go unsolved.

2. If he is caught, they probably won't figure it out, maybe he will have to be released for lack of evidence.

3. Worst case scenario, he won't face the death penalty, probably out in 20 or less.

UGH.

This is just sickening! So this takes 2 little children's mother away when he could have just gotten a divorce? Monica's life was important, but his is certainly not now.

RIP, Monica, and GB her children!

On HLN

she had taken money and went to Hawaii.
She suspected he was having an affair
He asked her to come to Cancun so they could reconcile
speculation that she wanted a divorce and he did not want to pay

On HLN

she had taken money and went to Hawaii.
She suspected he was having an affair
He asked her to come to Cancun so they could reconcile
speculation that she wanted a divorce and he did not want to pay

Divorce for those with money can be VERY expensive. So sad that money is worth more than life.

thanks for the bio. I only posted the article because it stated that her family were the ones who called in the missing person report (iow, it wasn't my opinion it was a snip from an article)

We know; it was just a funkily-written (is "funkily" a word?) article.

The LA Times picked it up and posted it, without realizing that this guy's about as low on the totem pole, producer-wise, as possible.

A top Hollywood producer would be someone like James Cameron (billion-dollar blockbusters like "Titanic" and "Avatar"). Not a low-level TV episode producer.

Maybe the guy went around the Mexican resort, telling people he was a "top Hollywood producer"? ;)

Missing Mom Monica Beresford-Redman found dead in a sewer at Cancun Resort.

(CNN) -- The wife of an American reality TV show producer was found dead at a Cancun, Mexico, hotel Thursday morning, a Mexican police spokesman said.
Bruce Beresford-Redman, a former producer on CBS' "Survivor," was detained as a suspect in her death, according to regional police spokesman Adrian Cardena.

• NEW: An investigation suggests the wife of an American reality show producer "died of strangulation"
  • NEW: Her body was found in a sewer at a Cancun Moon's Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico, Thursday
  • Bruce Beresford-Redman, a producer on CBS' "Survivor," was detained as a suspect in her death
  • Monica Beresford-Redman was reported missing by her husband on Tuesday, police said

also, Laytonian, many other news outlets are reporting that he was a "former" producer for survivor. Regardless of what he is reported as looks like the is a killer.

Poor lady and her children........Rest In Peace.....

Was it worth it for him? now the kids will be without a mum and dad as he will be going to jail.....what the hell goes thru their heads??????

This one actually hit the headlines over here...we dont hear all of the cases....

I'm shocked to learn about this story ironically I just spent 2 weeks at Sun Palace, got home Tuesday early morning....we golfed Moon Palace on 3 occassions during our stay.

If she REALLY went off shopping alone she would have had to go into Cancun to do so, most likely via taxi. Unless she merely went shopping on location in the Moon Palace shops.

Sounds like another case of a husband that doesn't understand the simplier way out - divorce.

Does anyone have either his or her date of birth?

From Wikipedia:

Bruce Beresford-Redman is Executive Producer and Co-Creator of MTV's Pimp My Ride. He grew up in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and attended Pascack Hills High School

Does anyone have either his or her date of birth?

From Wikipedia:

Bruce Beresford-Redman is Executive Producer and Co-Creator of MTV's Pimp My Ride. He grew up in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and attended Pascack Hills High School

The following web article - http://celebglitz.com/ - states that she would have been celebrating her 42nd birthday on April 8th.

I've changed my mind - the LA news last night (probably channel 2) indicated that he brought the kids back to LA before reporting his wife missing. They had also split because of an affair - but he convinced her to reconcile with this trip, or because of the trip or something. Jerk!

Money buys freedom in this country as well as in Mexico and for many justice
is denied for the poorer folks. I doubt sincerely that had he been a poor or middle class , over the border visitor on vacation, he'd be out today in either country.

(just my opinion of how in- justice works ) One way for the wealthy, another for everyone else.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back