2010.04.13 - New search for Haleigh #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is close to finding her if they are bringing in stadium lights for the night search. :(

Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

23140081_640X480.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

I can't tell by looking...the box seems so small. Could someone give a guess as to the measurements of this box?

I keep trying to crop the picture and it looks so blurry. I wonder if someone broke into the cemetery/morgue and stole a child's casket? Or could it be a large safe? I am not good with measurements though. Sorry...

Has it been confirmed that it is a box and not a large block?

I enlarged the photo as big as I could and it definitely looks like a semi clear plastic storage container. Maybe 2 1/2 - 3 feet wide. It definitely is semi clear looking. The silt would probably rinse off of it as it was lifted from the river bed.

I am deleting my prior post. I will not post any more from that source. Apologies.

We were posting at the same time Kimster.
I thought an exception was made for his, wrong thread?
Anyway, I will never quote that source again.

Would anybody who used my post in a quote please delete your post?
It might help the mod.

After that I will delete this post as well, please do not quote it.

It's okay. Just from here forward no more tweets here. Everything is crazy mixed up all over the internet and there's going to be misinformation until things settle down. We just need to expect it and not get frustrated.

Let this be Haleigh's day. :praying: :grouphug:

Oh I am just sick I keep seeing Haleigh's beautiful bouncy curls and her bright smile. Prayers for Junior.

Comparing the item in size to the heads of the people carrying it, I would guess it to be approximately the length of 3 to 4 side by side heads, so about 24 to 30 inches long.

jmoo

My dad, back when he used to go alot, used to get these styrofoam cooler type looking boxes. You'd have night crawlers in them...it's hard to describe and it's been many a year since he used to go do some 'serious' fishing but you could get those boxes in just about any size. I don't know why, but that box just kinda reminds me of those particular boxes. I'm probably way wrong though.

I just keep praying that our Lord who brought the man to Nadia this morning also lead these searchers for HaLeigh in the right direction, and may their work be swiftly accomplished.

It is possible they are sifting with that box like thing perhaps?

Tricia he may not be telling the entire truth... I think they have found her, but are unable to positivly id her, so in reality they have not found her. kwim??

Please, we do not want to discourage anyone from posting things they hear and those things may not prove to be correct. Just do it in the member's only forum until we get it all sorted out. :grouphug: No one is in trouble. Keep our thoughts on Haleigh.

Thanks Kimster, my thoughts are on Haleigh.. Right now, I'm numb and I can't even cry yet eventhough I want to desperately..but this always happens when I am experiencing a crisis.

I keep trying to crop the picture and it looks so blurry. I wonder if someone broke into the cemetery/morgue and stole a child's casket? Or could it be a large safe? I am not good with measurements though. Sorry...

I hate to say this, but on first glance that is exactly what it reminded me of. It jumped at me because this is the type of casket the funeral home gave us for free when our son passed. On second glance it looks a little too deep though.

Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

23140081_640X480.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

OK, not sure if you can see it. But this looks like some type of tank. After me cropping it. It looks to have a handle on the right side. One of the divers is holding it like a handle. I know I have seen these type of tanks somewhere, I just don't know where. It is large and to me it does not look like an oxygen tank. It almost looks like an old milk tank/jug from a farm.

I hate to say this, but on first glance that is exactly what it reminded me of. It jumped at me because this is the type of casket the funeral home gave us for free when our son passed. On second glance it looks a little too deep though.
Is this the area of the river that funeral home got busted for dumping body parts in?

If Haleigh is in that box...does the fact that someone put her in a container say anything at all about the killer? Ya know rather than just throw her in the water ....seems like someone wanted her to be protected...or no?

If Haleigh is in that box...does the fact that someone put her in a container say anything at all about the killer? Ya know rather than just throw her in the water ....seems like someone wanted her to be protected...or no?
Or they put something else in the container with her to weight it down.

ETA: It would be easier to sink the body if if were in a container with something heavy as opposed to just tying something to the body. The body would eventually fall apart and come up or move around the river if it were not in a container. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member