2010.04.13 - New search for Haleigh #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

23140081_640X480.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

Is thread stuck?

ETA: Guess not. Having issues with page loading. I know there is a lot of activity on here.

What might have been found when LE removed part of a wall in the MH? Was there some type of utility box missing? This is what comes to mind as I continue to ponder what the box might be.

If Haleigh is in that box...does the fact that someone put her in a container say anything at all about the killer? Ya know rather than just throw her in the water ....seems like someone wanted her to be protected...or no?

When sleuthing on Sandra Cantu case several books and articles said that
WOMEN put children in containers and put in water.........men usually bury.
It is 'going back to womb' thing..............

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Here's a blown-up pic, but the quality is horrible.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 109
I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?

Makes perfect sense to me that Misty could have told someone where HaLeigh is...since she has failed numerous polys.

So, I guess when asked "do you know where HaLeigh is?" and she said no and it was found she was lieing...the poly was right.

JMO and Just as most of us have thought all along.

On HLN now

Extensive search...5 miles from where Haleigh went missing
A new tip in this case. Police will not say where tip came from
Mike Brooks says...Did Misty, Ron or Tommy broke down?
Not seen anything like this search before.
Got fresh eyes on this case.
Bringing in relatives. Why?
MC brought to unknown location for interview. Why transport her to another location.

I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???

I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?

I was thinking a smooth plastic rubbermaid type box would wash clean fairly quickly while being pulled up and moved around in the water. JMO

I don't think it's sonar equipment. They keep the computer on the shore. Divers use what looks like a big gun.

A news report said the divers knew exactly where to go.

This looks like a cooler or storage box to me, perhaps faded, or just slime on the bottom.:twocents:

Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Thank you for the blow up picture! Yes it could be handles. I have been googling sonar equipment pics because I tend to think it's some kind of equipment; haven't found anything that matches though.

WFTV says last person to see her is now in custody. Must be MC.

Why would pix be taken of it?
Why would they say 'pulled from river?
if it is equipment of the divers???

Also at that video link I was watching they said that the silt on the bottom of the river was feet deep, maybe what we think was a box was equipment of some sort.

They brought in stadium lights, in for the long haul, Thank God!

I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???

That's what I'm thinking passionflower.

Like they could have put her and a concrete block or something in there to prevent the box for surfacing...put the container in the back of that darn van...backed down the boat launch ramp and threw her out. IMO it would have sank pretty quickly and they could have been done and gone in no time.

Sad to think of someone doing that to this precious girl, but looks to me like that could have been what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam