WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks ajfa I will check that out. I read other timelines but must have misses that one.

Well.... broke down tonight over dinner and quized the kid for some more definite answers to share with you all...(she was in a good mood and thought i could get away with it).....which I did.

PT.... on New Years eve. He was all but arrested and presumed guilty, but was cleared. He had a girlfriend at the time, however don't know if she got ran thru the LE ringer too.

And on the whole Latino twist... VDD - Latino, JV - Latino, PT - Latino

Chat room? Been there...done that. So I am back here. It's like being in a room with 20people and 6 different conversations being discussed layed on top of each other. It does allow faster volleying back and forth (provided you type 100 words/minute)...though never figured out how to make the text bigger...and getting bumped off the net. But then the chat went to "animalhouse" then to facebook. Not my cup of tea and come to find out from "mystery guest" that LE is months ahead of us. Personally, I think it is counterproductive for our quest.

I sooooo agree, the font on chat is sooooo teeny weiny, hard on the eyes, then the wrinkles....soo for me... ?so out of animal house and in FB.... Wow can't keep up with that. glad for all that is here... thx

So Curiousfortruth, is there a possibility that you could lead us in some kind of direction that would help us to know who PT is? TIA

thanks ajfa I will check that out. I read other timelines but must have misses that one.

You are welcome! This might be a little OT, but when I reread my post, I thought maybe it sounded a bit snippy or condescending, so I apologize if it came across that way. It certainly was not intentional. Compared to most people around here, I'm still new to this whole sleuthing thing.

Welcome to WS! :)

snipped

Thanks for that. Although the charts are accurate, you should all be aware that how I interpret that information is still constantly changing and only MY OPINION. --- Particularly this is in regard to the smaller "high" water levels that came out of Rock Island Dam between Friday mid-morning and the time the body was found. These water levels were short "bursts" of higher water levels. Therefore I really am unsure what effect they would have in front of the CB property, nor whether they would cause sufficient water levels to get clothes wet. It WAS my belief it would cause about 6 to 8 inches of higher water at CB... but there is quite a bit of "evidence" pointing towards it being only around 2 to 4 inches and possibly not enough to get anything more then some more of the the boots wet. (This would likely have occurred around 11 to 11:30 am. The body was discovered at 12:45 pm.)

RUMORED description of the body do tend to point to the body having been in the water for at least SOME amount of time, IMO. If that is the case, how can we even determine WHERE the body was first placed in that water? Do we really KNOW if any evidence collected from the property/brush had anything to do with the crime???

ETA: As for the location that shall not be mentioned... there isn't much to mention... LOL Lighting fast brainstorming is being conducted at random intervals, but honestly... it just looks like this :banghead: most of the time. No new info from 676 to report, as far as I know.

Such great water level sleuthing for sure! Although in MO, I just have stuck with her being found with feet in the stream..I know 676 has us all changing to the possibility to her feet being in the river..JMHO, I don't think so.. Also hard to mention for me, as I would never want to step on anyones toes, I do not think the water level will help in this case..sorry.. JMHO..

Gone Too Soon I have a question that came up in my own mind in response to your heartfelt post. I may have some things all wrong, so please correct me if so. I had a flag come up for me when you wrote about MC having had an infatuation with hispanic guys and then mentioning the impact of the assault on MC by VDD. I may have this wrong, but isn't he hispanic? I then remembered a post that said that WC had never met JV before this all came about, and I believe that he as well may be hispanic. My thought was that perhaps the great divide between MC and WC if it existed could possibly have been from WC wanting to keep MC out of relationships with hispanic guys because the impact on all of their lives when MC was assaulted. Sometimes when people go through something that is painful, they respond later in ways that reflect their fear and woundedness. I can see a whole lot of potential for division under those circumstances. I remember fighting many hard battles with my own daughter trying to keep her from making what I felt were the wrong choices (not that I was always right). All is speculation and my humble opinion.

Hey AquarianSun~ I think you might be on the right track here; that the "great divide" was very real and about more than a particular people group and existed well before middle or high school. Fact is, wounded starts when your mom might not really want you to begin with, then your appearance is somewhat defective, and you're shy, seen as "slow" by your parents and so on and so on. Just IMO

Hello everyone. I am new to this website, in fact using forums at all. I stumbled across this place while researching a different missing person's case. I just had a thought last night in response to others mentioning the "brody" marks in the lawn. I read earlier that some thought it was an "8" if I remember right, glasses,or maybe just the brody marks. I got to thinking, and what came to my mind is "infinity". The sign used in mathematics for "unaboundness" or "goes on forever". It would be a figure eight if looked at lengthwise. Is it possible that if it were made on the day she was killed, that it was the killer/killers expression of his/her love or hatred they would feel (forever)? I don't know.
The other thought I had was maybe the killer/killers made the brody marks after and were for lack of a better word "showing off". I have just been thinking about things trying to make some sense of it all, and that entered my mind. There are "IF'S" there, but I guess that's part of brainstorming. lol

All that being said, makes me wonder if the perp, wants to be found??? Kinda a strang in the moment feeling??...Just a moment thought?? Do not know where that came from...??

MOO

So, I had the pleasure of going to the Academy of Hair Design today. I can say, from MOO, that it would be EASY to sign out, and leave with NO ONE caring/noticing.

There is not a "sign out" sheet. It's like swiping a debit card into a machine, that registers on the computer.

There were at least 1 person behind the desk at all times, but, they did NOT ask each and every person what they were doing/leaving etc.

From what I saw, the "main boss" person, sat in her office, behind TWO closed doors. They remained CLOSED at all times while I was there except when someone went in, and then lady came out at the very end before I left.

ETA: You would think that what happened to MC, would be reason enough to at least inquire if the student was coming back or not. Or at least acknowledge them leaving. It was almost as if, they "knew" they didn't need to worry...

I was there for about an hour.

Hey AquarianSun~ I think you might be on the right track here; that the "great divide" was very real and about more than a particular people group and existed well before middle or high school. Fact is, wounded starts when your mom might not really want you to begin with, then your appearance is somewhat defective, and you're shy, seen as "slow" by your parents and so on and so on. Just IMO

This just makes me sad and mad!

Well.... broke down tonight over dinner and quized the kid for some more definite answers to share with you all...(she was in a good mood and thought i could get away with it).....which I did.

PT.... on New Years eve. He was all but arrested and presumed guilty, but was cleared. He had a girlfriend at the time, however don't know if she got ran thru the LE ringer too.

Thank you for asking this of your daughter. It must be hard for her to talk about.

Did she happen to mention where PT is from? Local? Elsewhere? Thanks.

Don't know if I can ask this question----but does anyone know if MC was biological or adopted?

Wondering if PT - Latino, would be reflected in his first name?

Thanks

Curious for Truth= I was confused by your stmt "he was all but arrested, presumed guilty but then cleared"-----for what?

Do we have any Hispanic girl POIs? Could someone who wanted JV for themselves, or wanted PT or got tired of beautiful sweet MC getting all of the Hispanic guys---have gotten mad and prejudiced and lashed out at her-----symbolically slashing her face, arm and throat (beauty, touch, voice)?
Prejudice can flow multiple ways----perhaps this was a hate crime..........

Respectfully snipped.
Gone Too Soon said:
I would also agree with other posts that MC was somewhat infatuated with Hispanic males, in an admiring way not so much in doing anything about it way (also remember the impact of the assault by VDD in 2005 on a young woman's developing sexuality).

Can you tell us a little more about VDD? Did MC have a friendship with him and then he crossed the line, or was it a random attack?

Did this divide also include MC's brothers? I'm just wondering what kind of relationship MC & RC had with CC & TC? From the memorial pictures, it looked odd to me that the boys weren't sitting by their dad.

Also, in the last thread, you had mentioned that you wanted to be able to openly discuss all scenarios/possibilities. Is there one in particular you would like to talk about? Just wondering. These threads are slow right now, so it is the perfect time to hash out some new theories.

TIA!

Water Levels (Skip if you like, but you might miss something interesting)

Although I'm not sure A. Rose finished uploading pics from Sunday... I did pull up the water levels during the time she was there from US Corp of Engineers info. Jarethamarie was there shortly afterward and also has pics.

Continuing: We are skipping the line graph this time, (because I'm tired of doing them), but also because this is such a short period of time.

A. Rose's pics are here. Jarethamarie's pictures are here, (although, I've attached the one from the beach taken at about 5:05 pm).

Hint: the below links to the dam data are for two days back, so if you check tomorrow it will be two days back from tomorrow, and so on.)

==== Wanapum Dam (22 miles south of CB) ========= CB ====== Rock Island (8 miles north of CB)
1 pm........566.23...................................................566+...............566.23
2 pm........566.16...................................................566-...............565.48
3 pm........565.83...................................................566-...............565.72
4 pm........565.77...................................................566.................566.25
5 pm........565.93...................................................566-...............565.50
6 pm........565.75...................................................566-...............565.30
7 pm........565.67...................................................566-...............565.78

As is "normal" for weekend water levels, this time period shows little dam activity. The CB bay mirrored this by having a water level of about 566 feet in elevation for the entire 7 hour period. A. Rose also confirmed there was little change during the 2 hours she was there.

MC's body was discovered when the water level was at about 568 feet in elevation. That would be TWO feet higher than all the pictures and videos from our sleuther's pictures and videos from Sunday. Knowing that information makes this video from A. Rose much more likely to be the place the body was found -- the water is about two feet in elevation away from the rock clearing don't ya think? Here's a pic from A. Rose showing the clearing too.

ETA: The clearing of rocks in the video may not be quite 2 feet in elevation away from the water, but this difference can be accounted for by the fact that it is only a guesstimate of what the water level was in the bay when MC was found -- also it is guess as to when exactly the body was found with feet in water. It appears I was guessing on the high end and off by what looks like 6 inches or so when I stated the bay was likely at 568 feet in elevation when the body was discovered. This also would mean those short "surges" of water from Rock Island Dam during the 24 hours before MC's body was found, appear unlikely to get clothes wet, or possibly to significantly do anything in the CB bay. Line chart including when MC found is available here.

Attachments

• Sunday April 11th at 505ish.jpg
    Sunday April 11th at 505ish.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 27
P is a short 4 letter american name and T is a short 6 letter common hispanic name. He is a local. I guess he is freinds (and went to school) with my daughters boyfriend which puts him about 20.

I guess what I meant by "he was all but arrested, presumed guilty but then cleared", was that LE took him in and according to my daughters boyfriend really put him thru the ringer... "they treated him like crap and kept accusing him of doing it or being behind it" is what was told to me. Then I was told "they finally cleared him and let him go".

Hope that helps

Water Levels (Skip if you like, but you might miss something interesting)

Although I'm not sure A. Rose finished uploading pics from Sunday... I did pull up the water levels during the time she was there from US Corp of Engineers info. Jarethamarie was there shortly afterward and also has pics.

Continuing: We are skipping the line graph this time, (because I'm tired of doing them), but also because this is such a short period of time.

A. Rose's pics are here. Jarethamarie's pictures are here, (although, I've attached the one from the beach taken at about 5:05 pm).

Hint: the below links to the dam data are for two days back, so if you check tomorrow it will be two days back from tomorrow, and so on.)

==== Wanapum Dam (22 miles south of CB) ========= CB ====== Rock Island (8 miles north of CB)
1 pm........566.23...................................................566+...............566.23
2 pm........566.16...................................................566-...............565.48
3 pm........565.83...................................................566-...............565.72
4 pm........565.77...................................................566.................566.25
5 pm........565.93...................................................566-...............565.50
6 pm........565.75...................................................566-...............565.30
7 pm........565.67...................................................566-...............565.78

As is "normal" for weekend water levels, this time period shows little dam activity. The CB bay mirrored this by having a water level of about 566 feet in elevation for the entire 7 hour period. A. Rose also confirmed there was little change during the 2 hours she was there.

MC's body was discovered when the water level was at about 568 feet in elevation. That would be TWO feet higher than all the pictures and videos from our sleuther's pictures and videos from Sunday. Knowing that information makes this video from A. Rose much more likely to be the place the body was found -- the water is about two feet in elevation away from the rock clearing don't ya think? Here's a pic from A. Rose showing the clearing too.

ETA: The clearing of rocks in the video may not be quite 2 feet in elevation away from the water, but this difference can be accounted for by the fact that it is only a guesstimate of what the water level was in the bay when MC was found -- also it is guess as to when exactly the body was found with feet in water. It appears I was guessing on the high end and off by what looks like 6 inches or so when I stated the bay was likely at 568 feet in elevation when the body was discovered. This also would mean those short "surges" of water from Rock Island Dam during the 24 hours before MC's body was found, appear unlikely to get clothes wet, or possibly to significantly do anything in the CB bay. Line chart including when MC found is available here.

Regarding A.Rose's 'clearing': I am not sure if that's where MC's body was found. I expect there to be at least a few if not many rock divots in that sand. Although, it has been 30 days since MC's body was recovered and water action might have leveled it.

I am leaning to that not being the spot, based on if only 'feet' in the water is accurate and current visuals:
  • The cleared area seems relatively small compared to MC's height of 69". Her body would have to have been somewhat 'fetalized', making only 'feet' in the water less likely.
  • The 'clearing' is oblong and parallel to the water. If the cleared area is an outline of the body then, assuming by shape and position, the body also was most likely parallel to the water. This, too, making only 'feet' in the water less likely. We have rumor-info from '676' that MC's clothes were dry upon discovery.
  • No (rock) divots in the bare sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member