2010.04.14 New search for Haleigh #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 35 has learned that an unidentified source close to the investigation was called in for questioning and that person told police that Haleigh could be found at the bottom of the St. Johns River, which is not far from where the little girl went missing

The contradicting info here is driving me nuts!!! Another station reported the source said they'd find evidence tied to the disappearance, now this one say Haleigh. UGH!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041410-Haleigh-Cummings

What I don't understand is why 2 members from FDLE went all the way to TN and did a 45 min interview at 11:30 at night and then JO just went home. Seems like it was relatively urgent or FDLE would have scheduled the interview ahead of time for normal working hours.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=154726&catid=3

Probably to appraise him of what is actually going on versus what is reported. There seems to be a lot of mis-information and hopefully LE know better and are just letting that play out.

Probably to appraise him of what is actually going on versus what is reported. There seems to be a lot of mis-information and hopefully LE know better and are just letting that play out.

I would have thought that could have been done with a phone call to his lawyer or a video conference. Sending "2" FDLE agents up there just doesn't cost effective for only 45 mins unless it was really important.

I have a sinking feeling that this is going to go... nowhere... :(

Just a feeling... too much wheel turning with nothing to show for it, it seems. (loads of rumors that change at the drop of the hat...)

You have to remember a few things. The river is black to look into, you can't see anything. The bottom is mud, and soft, things tend to sink into it by feet, no inches. The River runs North and then there is the currents, and don't forget the fish, gators and crabs. This will take some time, and it is hard to hold onto hope, but she is going to be found, at least evidence of her.

MB feels this is a credible tip or they wouldn't have called the family in and wouldn't have been there searching overnight (in his words) and still today.

MB feels this is a credible tip or they wouldn't have called the family in and wouldn't have been there searching overnight (in his words) and still today.

Yeah, according to the late night broadcast news on WFTV I watched no searching being done last night. Only showed a LE car parked out there off to the side of a dirt road or drive. The lights they were bought in were just used to light up the area where where LE was parked, I guess to make sure no one tried to sneak into the area.

Okay, something is up.... Tommy's lawyer says it's HIS client that gave the tip and Misty's lawyer says it's HIS client that gave the tip and some PI said I SOLVED it... Is everyone scrambling for a plea deal now???

Okay, something is up.... Tommy's lawyer says it's HIS client that gave the tip and Misty's lawyer says it's HIS client that gave the tip and some PI said I SOLVED it... Is everyone scrambling for a plea deal now???

Sure sounds that way.:dance:

The Florida Times Union is reporting that a break in the case may have
come Croslin. Robert Fields, attorney for Croslin, told the newspaper
that Croslin may have "shed some light" on the person responsible. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041410-Haleigh-Cummings
The way I took that was that Misty may have "shed some light" which led LE to someone who told them what he/she knew about that night and what may have happened. Who knows! Until LE tells us, we won't know for sure.

This PI Brown has me scratching my head. Something seems a bit off. He is tooting his own horn so much it makes me wonder if he is the one that posted the night before on BNN about 'dad solved the case, will hit the news tomorrow'. haha. I don't place much credence in what he has said at this point. LE also released a statment about not discussing what private citizens may be saying. I think maybe he thinks he solved ts to say about the crime, but has been duped by his "eye witnesses". Jumping into the spolight as the hero a bit prematurely, imo. Show me the money.

ITA with this statement. I find it absolutely HORRENDOUS that this man went on tv and gave details of an investigation and search that LE obviously doesn't want out there at this time. I have to wonder how much of what he said this morning will come back and bite prosecutors in the behind if this ever does come to a trial. The defense could have a field day with it.

Personally, I'll wait to see what LE has to say about all of this b/c as we have seen time and time again in this case, the media and unofficial "investigators" have been just plain WRONG!!

This is the first post on the thread from Chicoliving, who is our Admin for the Haleigh forum. This means to STAY ON TOPIC regarding the search.

Yesterday we had well over 1,000 different members reading the search thread for new information. Instead, they waded through opinions and other topics. The mods spent a lot of time last night breaking out threads so this wouldn't happen again today and at first glance, it already happened.

STAY ON TOPIC about the search today. If you want to speculate about what happened to Haleigh, find the appropriate thread OR make a new thread.

I'm going to reopen this thread in a few minutes. Figure out where you should be posting what you want to discuss in the mean time.

bumpity bump bump :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member