2010.04.13 - What's going on in Tennessee? Joe talks to the media

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
"Investigators have not described the nature of the lead, but Misty Croslin's father, Hank Croslin Sr., said his mother-in-law told him police have surrounded the Nashville, Tenn., area home where a relative lives. He said he thinks they are waiting for Florida authorities to arrive." <snipped>

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

More comments from the Overstreets at link.

I hope Florida LE is on their way.

That was from yesterday morning was it not? I thought we found out that wasn't true? I'm truly losing it..oy vey..

Also from the above link:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

(snips)
Investigators have not described the nature of the lead, but Misty Croslin&#8217;s father, Hank Croslin Sr., said his mother-in-law told him police have surrounded the Nashville, Tenn.-area home where a relative lives. He said he thinks they are waiting for Florida authorities to arrive. However, a neighbor of that house said Tuesday night he had not seen any police there or anything unusual.

Overstreet&#8217;s mother said police haven&#8217;t talked to him in six months.

IMO, Misty and Tommy's family have been trying hard today to point the finger at Jo. I think they are getting desperate to shift the blame at the last minute.

Palatka to Nashville approx. 540 miles... over 10 hour drive. Don't know what the real story is just providing some information.

"Joe Overstreet was interviewed a few hours before crews in Putnam County resumed a new search for Haleigh Cummings. The little girl disappeared from her father's Satsuma home over a year ago. Investigators are not saying anything about Wednesday morning’s interview with Overlook."

http://www.wftv.com/news/23148348/detail.html

I'll be honest, I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around Joe being involved and I may be eating crow on this one.

Media misreporting...LE spoke with Joe late last night per the article I read with his attorney's comments. This article below misspelled his name as Overlook in the first paragraph, and said LE spoke to him yesterday morning. They are also reporting that Joe lived in FL, I thought he was there visiting? That is what was said last year and per Chelsea Croslin as well.
GGMS feels she can tell us some news this weekend. I wonder what that may be?

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/news/23148348/detail.html

:waitasec:Joe Overstreet was interviewed a few hours before crews in Putnam County resumed a new search for Haleigh Cummings. Investigators are not saying anything about Wednesday morning’s interview with Overlook.:waitasec:
"I don't know. I really can't say anything right now. But we will when we can. Hopefully this weekend," Haleigh's grandmother, Annette Sykes, told WFTV on Wednesday morning.
Investigators questioned Joe Overstreet overnight, but his mother said he has done nothing wrong.

“We don't know nothing. Been sitting at home and he hasn't been talked to for months,” Overstreet's mother told WFTV.

:waitasec:Overstreet lived in Putnam County, but when Haleigh vanished he moved to Nashville. Authorities interviewed him a few months ago, but nothing came of it.

"Joe Overstreet was interviewed a few hours before crews in Putnam County resumed a new search for Haleigh Cummings. The little girl disappeared from her father's Satsuma home over a year ago. Investigators are not saying anything about Wednesday morning’s interview with Overlook."

I'll be honest, I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around Joe being involved and I may be eating crow on this one.

BBM You will not be alone. When MC first threw out that bone, I didn't go after it. If this pans out, I hope the pie comes in extra large!

Sirgo declined to provide details of his client Overstreeet's nearly one-hour session with investigators, saying only that it was in connection to Haleigh's disappearance.
"But at the end of the conversation they went back to Florida and Joseph went home," Sirgo said. "I got no indication that they were moving forward in an aggressive manner."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/haleigh-cummings-search-continues-florida/story?id=10372688

i agree, kimster, i have never thought jo was involved except maybe in the coverup. if we have to have a big ol' crow dinner party i will bring the desert!

Kimster, I think they are all involved especially Joe and Timmy...we'll just have to wait and see..

Misty has been pointing the finger at Joe since the first week Haleigh went missing. Yet, she is all happy hanging Haleigh flyer's with him. He did not leave the night Haleigh went missing! Chelsea, Lisa C., and Lindsey jumped in and put doubt on Joe. Here is the thing. Joe was staying with Chelsea and she was up late that night, so if Joe left her house she would of known. Also, Misty has failed 4 poly's now, and in them she names Joe. The last story she wrote about, I will assume is the one she told LE. My gut tells me that maybe Misty & Tommy did tell LE a half truth. Maybe they told where the body/remains would be found. Pointed the finger at Joe to cover their but and "SOMEONE ELSE"...MAYBE RONALD?
I feel Tommy is afraid of Ron. Remember the headless rat? Remember the charges from the burglary/assault that were dropped? These two fear Ronald, maybe the story she is telling is about Ron, but inserting Joe's name?

If Joe had cell phone, LE would of been able to ping his where abouts as well. I feel the cell phone pings will put each player at a certain location and once Haleigh is found, they won't be able to keep pointing fingers. JMO though.

"Snip" http://abcnews.go.com/US/haleigh-cummings-search-continues-florida/story?id=10372688

Joseph Overstreet, 20, arrived at FBI headquarters in Nashville, Tenn., for questioning at about 11 p.m., his lawyer, Shawn Sirgo, said.

Overstreet is the cousin of Misty Croslin. Officials Tuesday transferred Croslin from the jail where she was being held for unrelated drug charges to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Florida for questioning about the little girl.

Overstreet of Nashville was visiting Satsuma, Fla., when the girl went missing there but has denied any knowledge of her disappearance.

Sirgo declined to provide details of his client Overstreeet's nearly one-hour session with investigators, saying only that it was in connection to Haleigh's disappearance.

"But at the end of the conversation they went back to Florida and Joseph went home," Sirgo said. "I got no indication that they were moving forward in an aggressive manner."

Thank You so much for all your info MADJGNLAW and Kimster!

So Great of you to keep us up to date!

Whatever is going on in Tennessee is far from the reports passed on by Hank Sr. and Flora Holler. Maybe they would like us to think full troops are moving in on Joe and 'have him surrounded', wishful thinking?

I don't have a clue abt Joe's involvement but based on the fact that LE would fly to Tn to talk to him again 14 months after Haleigh's disappearance tells me they believe it's worth their time to talk to him.

I don't have a clue abt Joe's involvement but based on the fact that LE would fly to Tn to talk to him again 14 months after Haleigh's disappearance tells me they believe it's worth their time to talk to him.

Maybe to say, Hey Joe (and atty)... we know you are not involved and they are trying to frame you.. here's what's going on.. play along and keep it hush-hush. Maybe they also needed him to give more specific info for whatever they are working on. Just a thought.

I "think" HLN just said that JO would be in his attorneys office within the hour and the media was welcomed to come.

Did I hear that right ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back