2010.04.15 Interview of Deputy Gary Bowling

River search shutting down!
According to Gary Bowling-Misty was taken there to see the seriousness of the situation
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid42757796001?bctid=78372282001

This is a very odd interview, considering what we all thought we heard yesterday from Hardy.

Not really as informative or optimistic and rather dismissing of the last 3 day's efforts, and any fruits of that search, as well as the purpose of Misty's visit to the site.

I am more confused than ever. One would expect LE to be consistent in it's information today with the press release from yesterday.

I think I'll just have a nap now until they decide which version of the 3-day search they'd like to go with. :crazy:

They are closing the search at the river down!

I got this from cruising over to another site-very interesting!!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid42757796001?bctid=78372282001

Weird. He seems to downplay the importance of that search and the items they found.

In the second half, he says... I'll transcribe it all from there:

"The sheriff said that we're looking for multiple, um, folks who were inculpated in the case.. multiple, uh, POI in this case, and so uh, *shrug* ....Just because somebody's pointing at one person doesn't mean there aren't others involved ...or with knowledge, and all that's important. You can put the facts together and there's a lot of folks pointing at... you keep seeing the same names over and over, but we're not going to name names, because that's irresponsible - it really affects somebody's life when we do that.

We brought Misty down here, and that was in the spirit of cooperation. [What do you mean?] Well, we've said all along that Misty holds... she may not hold THE key, but she has some key answers in this investigation, and we hold very tight to that, and uh... she's in jail, and in the spirit of cooperation on her behalf, she was down here yesterday...

Now, a lot of people draw the conclusion that because we were here that she knew something about this location.. Well, the truth of the matter is that we had a big operation going on here, and it's a good time to uh, to let Misty see the reality of the situation, you know...

It's just... we're demobilizing [finishes telling us they'll be out by 6...]​

This is a very odd interview, considering what we all thought we heard yesterday from Hardy.

Not really as informative or optimistic and rather dismissing of the last 3 day's efforts, and any fruits of that search, as well as the purpose of Misty's visit to the site.

I am more confused than ever. One would expect LE to be consistent in it's information today with the press release from yesterday.

I think I'll just have a nap now until they decide which version of the 3-day search they'd like to go with. :crazy:

This was before Hardy talked to the press

nothing biological that day...............
no weapons that day
1 ft of soil for 250 feet sifted.
Lots of debris in woods
40-50 divers for 3 days

(snipped by me) Now, a lot of people draw the conclusion that because we were here that she knew something about this location.. Well, the truth of the matter is that we had a big operation going on here, and it's a good time to uh, to let Misty see the reality of the situation, you know...

Wow...that statement makes me think that LE still does not have alot of concrete answers and Misty's appearance at the dock was an investigative tool. One more chink in the wall to making her totally crack. "Look here, girlie, look at all the stuff you've caused. Don't you think it's time now to just spit it out and lay all this to rest."

See! Now this is really frustrating. All the new "developments" have left me spinning - dazed and confused!

1) Hardy now classified this as a HOMICIDE - WHY? What led him to now conclude that Haleigh is dead and was killed? Surely he is not basing this on what "certain" people have said - especially since most of the "certain" people are known liars. So, WHAT led Hardy to re-classify this as a homicide?

2) Hardy said that it was very likely that Haleigh was killed in that area. HOW does he conclude that? WHAT have they found to conclude that? Again, they surely aren't basing this conclusion on what "certain" people have said.

Now, they are done searching. Packing up and leaving. Telling the public that "we haven't found really anything of significance - we sent some "things" off to the labs. the last video I watched with Greenwood - he specifically said that there wasn't anything "human" found. Huh? So, back to questions 1 & 2 - why is this now being classified as a homicide and how do they know she was killed in the area?

Little help - please!!!!

See! Now this is really frustrating. All the new "developments" have left me spinning - dazed and confused!

1) Hardy now classified this as a HOMICIDE - WHY? What led him to now conclude that Haleigh is dead and was killed? Surely he is not basing this on what "certain" people have said - especially since most of the "certain" people are known liars. So, WHAT led Hardy to re-classify this as a homicide?

2) Hardy said that it was very likely that Haleigh was killed in that area. HOW does he conclude that? WHAT have they found to conclude that? Again, they surely aren't basing this conclusion on what "certain" people have said.

Now, they are done searching. Packing up and leaving. Telling the public that "we haven't found really anything of significance - we sent some "things" off to the labs. the last video I watched with Greenwood - he specifically said that there wasn't anything "human" found. Huh? So, back to questions 1 & 2 - why is this now being classified as a homicide and how do they know she was killed in the area?

Little help - please!!!!

Once again I think LE was sent on a wild goose chase...:banghead:

This was before Hardy talked to the press

I hope you're right and this was before Sheriff Hardy gave his presser, otherwise, I totally am confused!!

Come on now - we have all the suspects, or POI, giving different stories, we need LE to be consistent.

WOW :banghead:

Some of what he said in this video to me kind of contredicted what the Sheriff said yesterday. I believe what the Sheriff said more.

Not discrediting the Sheriff in any way, but you can guarantee that nearly everyone in that Sheriff's department is privy to what is going on with that case and this search. I'm sure everyone there knows not to talk about open investigations. It's hard though, someone shoves a camera in front of your face and people do or say strange things. Sometimes an interview with someone like this who is a little further down the ladder can be a little telling with wording or certain things, small details that slip out. I think his comment about Misty being there was very telling. All the media sensation and speculating aside, her visit could very well have been something as simple as what this officer eluded to.

:banghead: I have no idea why LE would call the Haleigh case a homicide and in the same sentence say they have not found any remains.

The only thing I can think of is, what if Lindsey did give LE the boots she claimed she threw out belonging to Tommy and Timmy and the soil was found/ matched the area at the river?

What if LE found some of that soil at the MH where Haleigh went missing as well?

What if LE had sent some type of DNA/Forensic testing out and just now got it back that could prove Haleigh is dead? Decomposition on something taken from the MH maybe? The labs are so backed up in FL it is possible it just took a long time and LE is just holding on to what ever evidence they do have.

I would assume that LE "Must" have something that will prove Haleigh is dead or they would of never announced it.
Maybe the problem they are having now if figuring out who actually killed her since they have several POI?

I must be in a "glass half full" mood today (LOL) but I thought he said basically the same thing that Sheriff Hardy said except he provided a few more details on why Misty was brought to the dock (to show her how serious the search was). Must have worked too as she called GrannyHoller ;-)

Only got a minute...popped in to check for news and saw this. Why on earth did Deputy Bowling feel the need to do his own presser and say mostly opposite of what S Hardy came out and said yesterday? Hardy's voice was shaking as he spoke, he seemed sorrowful at times and seemed hopeful that this case was going to come to a logical conclusion.

Bowling on the other hand seemed almost giggly, even laughing a few times while answering the questions...seriously, is this really a laughing matter? Then it came to me. All these different departments, investigators, jurisdictions, LDT's....lies....they are just like us.......is it possible after all this time, they seem to have a different opinions about what the facts in this case are and where the investigation stands? What in the hey bob is going on???

after watching that video I also think that the latest search site could have been where 'some' of the evidence could have been dumped as he referenced earlier searches (remember the river search a month ago that they claimed was not related to the case?) and possible future searches based on the developing lead.

All in all... it is all good. They are talking. And information is coming out. I am extremely hopeful that they can solve this in light of what is developing right now.

Weird. He seems to downplay the importance of that search and the items they found.

In the second half, he says... I'll transcribe it all from there:

Snipped:

Now, a lot of people draw the conclusion that because we were here that she knew something about this location.. Well, the truth of the matter is that we had a big operation going on here, and it's a good time to uh, to let Misty see the reality of the situation, you know...
It's just... we're demobilizing [finishes telling us they'll be out by 6...][/INDENT]

I wonder if this means they wanted Misty to see that based on her information, a search of this scale was taking place, and providing false information to LE is a serious crime! Hence, the statement (Misty know she is in big trouble).....or something to that effect.

Where did this video come from and who is the reporter?

Jean K said on Insession (Trutv) today around noon that the river search was ending and I went looking for confirmation of that. This was all I could find at another site posted today. I hope the Sheriff comes out with more at 5.

Snipped:

Bowling on the other hand seemed almost giggly, even laughing a few times while answering the questions...seriously, is this really a laughing matter? Then it came to me. All these different departments, investigators, jurisdictions, LDT's....lies....they are just like us.......is it possible after all this time, they seem to have a different opinions about what the facts in this case are and where the investigation stands? What in the hey bob is going on???

Maybe he finds the latest "confessions" as absurd as I do! Laughable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back