WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my fault falcon, I linked to the wrong report date :blushing: Sorry!! It was the report dated Feb 9, but it has all the reports from Feb 8th. :crazy:

Here's the link to the Feb 10th report, citing all the calls from Feb 9th!

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1435/2/

FEB 9th REPORT TIDBITS

"Rowe's Towing" is quite a ways away from all the other locales in this case, so I doubted it was relevant, but a couple of things kept niggling at me- 6 juveniles, truck running in the mud (like the tracks found at CB), a motorcycle, and then when someone mentioned a 'shack'...

Also reported on this date was the 911 hangup phone call...
10C01200 911 HANGUP CALL 23:14:08 02/09/10 MCLEOD MIKE ACT

RIVERCOM,

FEMALE CRYING CALLTAKER CANT UNDERSTAND HER
23:14:28 02/09/2010 - HENEGHEN, SCOTT
CALLER HUNG UP ON CALL TAKER

OK-Here's how reports from Feb 9th fit into what we know:

3:01 Mac walks to car

3:40 At boat ramp

5:14 Juveniles at Rowe's Towing

5:42 Last phone ping from???? (I suppose if LE knows, then it might rule out her being at Rowe's Towing-- if she had her phone at that point...

8:02 Report of Mac's car found

11:14 911 hangup call

Please forgive me if it's already been established that these are unrelated... there's been so much good sleuthing on this case, I've had a hard time keeping up!!

It's Ok Annie, I thought you found good info. I think that even if info was a little bit before or after MC went missing it still may be pertinent. Good Sleuthing TY

I have not said that and won't. LE has been out there and I have no reason to believe they haven't collected all the evidence. I try very hard not to touch things........I just take pictures and videos so you guys can see what I'm seeing, especially with regard to water levels on different days and at different times.

Your photos and videos are priceless... I really really appreciate them. I believe that they are important to us because you photographed everything. Thanks for all that you did!

Are we allowed to post a link to people search websites? Like..yahoo people search etc?

Wonder where his fifth wheel trailer is. Wonder if it is his. Speculating he owns a truck. Was there a fifth wheel truck in the parking lot video?

He divides his time seasonally between East Wenatchee, where he was raised after his family moved from Montana in 1989, and a fifth-wheel trailer on a friend’s rural, wooded Chelan County property.

To date, that guy appears innocuous. Later, BH.

I think I'll swing the radar around to a next item:

Interesting rumor and fact points on which to ponder:
  • Upon exiting the Academy parking lot MC turns on to and continues west on Kittitas, in opposite direction of to the boat ramp.
  • MC is reported as having been at the Orondo boat ramp. Unusual?
  • MC is reported as having driven her car to / through the car wash, a task she rarely performed (at least not without her father, which I do not understand why her father would have to be involved unless only to make sure MC washed her car)? Unusual? Was MC and her vehicle at the JetPro on 02/09/2010?
  • (2?) JetPro car wash receipts found at passenger-side visor. This might be due to 'vehicle registration and insurance info' stored at driver-side visor but why are JetPro receipts singled for visor storage? Were other receipts (listed below) stored there as well and were tossed to the rear floor by MC or passenger when placing receipts on visor? That does not make sense. If other receipts are tossed to the floor why not also toss the JetPro receipts? Conclusion: JetPro receipts were singled out for easy-access storage. For whom? MC's proof of car wash for RC?
  • Food Pavillion receipt found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Food Pavillion receipt is dated: 02/08/2010. Other receipts dates not indicated on evidence list so might we assume the only listed date is identified on all found receipts?
  • (2) Target receipts found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Pearl found under driver-side rear vehicle floor mat.
  • Auto-Mocha card found on driver-side rear vehicle floor.
  • The above as 'found on floor' items might indicate MC's purse was purged of items, with 'debit' card having been stolen.
  • Personal Check (of RC, for 'school fine') found in trunk. Which school and why a 'fine' and when?
  • MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
  • MC's purse, 'with keys', is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.
  • Misc. notebooks, papers, etc. Specific location in vehicle not identified but assumed as 'driver-side rear floor' given listed order of evidence.
  • MC's body is recovered at a CB property, a place where MC never frequented?
  • Glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery (Shards assumed found CB house because it is location of recovery of MC's body).

Does anyone remember what the house numbers are to WC home on Eaglerock? Is this the spec house, or her physical?

[*]MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
[*]MC's purse, 'with keys'[/B], is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.

Snipped

SPECUALTION

So the Perp, PUT her keys back into her purse after s/he was done driving it and parked in PC? WHAT person would put her keys back into her purse...Is it possible that there were another set of key's used? Speculation: Maybe someone who had spares to her car?

Your photos and videos are priceless... I really really appreciate them. I believe that they are important to us because you photographed everything. You didn't go with an agenda when you took your cam, or to just prove a point. You went to gather information for all of us, and that is commendable. Thanks for all that you did!

Oh, and lbpom.... also some awesome photos. You guys are much braver than I am... going out there alone. Thanks for doing that for all of us!

[*]MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
[*]MC's purse, 'with keys'[/B], is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.

Snipped

SPECUALTION

So the Perp, PUT her keys back into her purse after s/he was done driving it and parked in PC? WHAT person would put her keys back into her purse...Is it possible that there were another set of key's used? Speculation: Maybe someone who had spares to her car?

Bold/Italic/Underline by me-I find this something I would expect from a woman personally.

• Upon exiting the Academy parking lot MC turns on to and continues west on Kittitas, in opposite direction of to the boat ramp.
  • MC is reported as having been at the Orondo boat ramp. Unusual?
  • MC is reported as having driven her car to / through the car wash, a task she rarely performed (at least not without her father, which I do not understand why her father would have to be involved unless only to make sure MC washed her car)? Unusual? Was MC and her vehicle at the JetPro on 02/09/2010?
  • (2?) JetPro car wash receipts found at passenger-side visor. This might be due to 'vehicle registration and insurance info' stored at driver-side visor but why are JetPro receipts singled for visor storage? Were other receipts (listed below) stored there as well and were tossed to the rear floor by MC or passenger when placing receipts on visor? That does not make sense. If other receipts are tossed to the floor why not also toss the JetPro receipts? Conclusion: JetPro receipts were singled out for easy-access storage. For whom? MC's proof of car wash for RC?
  • Food Pavillion receipt found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Food Pavillion receipt is dated: 02/08/2010. Other receipts dates not indicated on evidence list so might we assume the only listed date is identified on all found receipts?
  • (2) Target receipts found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Pearl found under driver-side rear vehicle floor mat.
  • Auto-Mocha card found on driver-side rear vehicle floor.
  • The above as 'found on floor' items might indicate MC's purse was purged of items, with 'debit' card having been stolen.
  • Personal Check (of RC, for 'school fine') found in trunk. Which school and why a 'fine' and when?
  • MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
  • MC's purse, 'with keys', is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.
  • Misc. notebooks, papers, etc. Specific location in vehicle not identified but assumed as 'driver-side rear floor' given listed order of evidence.
  • MC's body is recovered at a CB property, a place where MC never frequented?
  • Glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery (Shards assumed found CB house because it is location of recovery of MC's body).

I agree with you that these are singled out, if I remember correctly the car is listed in her fathers name so it seems likely that he would ask her to save all receipts car related, maybe for taxes or for reimbursement to MC from her dad.

PRESS RELEASE:
2 Month Investigation Update

It’s been just over two months since the body of Mackenzie Cowell was located along the Columbia River at Crescent Bar in Douglas County. The Cowell Homicide Task Force continues to work diligently on the case with a full complement of detectives from the partner agencies; Douglas County, Chelan County, East Wenatchee Police Department, Wenatchee Police Department, and the FBI. To date investigators have followed up on over 250 tips and leads and have conducted nearly 725 interviews. Some of the initial crime lab work has been completed but much is still at the state crime lab undergoing analysis. Crime lab results will not be released to the media in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

In recent weeks investigators have conducted re-interviews of several of Mackenzie’s friends, associates and fellow students. Investigators have also conducted secondary searches of Pitcher Canyon, Riverfront Park (boat ramp area), and utilized the Chelan County Dive team to search the Columbia River bank near the boat ramp in hopes of finding Mackenzie’s phone which remains missing and a vital piece of evidence if located.

Reward amounts have increased since the last press release as follows:

Crime Stoppers - $7,000.00

Those who wish to remain completely anonymous may contact the Crime Stoppers line at 888-4280 between 7am and 5pm Monday through Thursday to provide information regarding the case. If the information leads to an arrest and the filing of criminal charges, a reward of up to $7,000.00 cash will be immediately paid to the anonymous informant.

Mackenzie Cowell Benefitt Trust Fund & Wenatchee Valley Citizens Against Crime Pledges – $47,000.00

Those who wish to qualify for this reward must call the RiverCom Tip line at 663-9911 (24hr line). If the information provided leads to the arrest and prosecution of the person or persons responsible for Mackenzie’s murder, a reward of up to $47,000.00 will be paid to the informant.

Anyone with information regarding the possible whereabouts of her phone may call the RiverCom tip line at 663-9911 or CrimeStoppers (anonymous) number at 888-4280.

Though no suspect has been identified, investigators remain diligent, optimistic, and confident justice will prevail in this case—an arrest and prosecution.

Captain Doug Jones
Public Information Officer
Cowell Homicide Task Force
888-4203
djones@wenatcheewa.gov

COWELL HOMICIDE TASK FORCE:
Chief Criminal Deputy Robbin Wagg Task Force Commander
Captain Doug Jones Public Information Officer
Task Force Command Center (509) 888-4226 Public Tip Line (509) 663-9911

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...se-to-54000-police-looking-for-her-cell-phone

Bold/Italic/Underline by me-I find this something I would expect from a woman personally.

I would not assume the car key was included. They simply could be house keys. Also, the keys might be 'in' the purse. IIRC, the report indicated 'purse, with keys on the rear seat' ... that could be interpreted to more than one conclusion.

Does the carwash give a free one for every so many paid for, like the **** mocha does with coffees? That might involve saving receipts unless there was a stampped card. Buy ten, get one free, or?

I agree with you that these are singled out, if I remember correctly the car is listed in her fathers name so it seems likely that he would ask her to save all receipts car related, maybe for taxes or for reimbursement to MC from her dad.

When MC went to Jet Pro, which was infrequently, RC usually paid (treated her) and might have been sitting in the passenger seat. Probable RC stuck receipt up in passenger side visor, seat adjusted for his 6'0' height and yes may retain for taxes. IMO

Aside from the sports he participates in, is it known what type of work PT does/if he's employed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998