WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
To date, that guy appears innocuous. Later, BH.

I think I'll swing the radar around to a next item:

Interesting rumor and fact points on which to ponder:
  • Upon exiting the Academy parking lot MC turns on to and continues west on Kittitas, in opposite direction of to the boat ramp.
  • MC is reported as having been at the Orondo boat ramp. Unusual?
  • MC is reported as having driven her car to / through the car wash, a task she rarely performed (at least not without her father, which I do not understand why her father would have to be involved unless only to make sure MC washed her car)? Unusual? Was MC and her vehicle at the JetPro on 02/09/2010?
  • (2?) JetPro car wash receipts found at passenger-side visor. This might be due to 'vehicle registration and insurance info' stored at driver-side visor but why are JetPro receipts singled for visor storage? Were other receipts (listed below) stored there as well and were tossed to the rear floor by MC or passenger when placing receipts on visor? That does not make sense. If other receipts are tossed to the floor why not also toss the JetPro receipts? Conclusion: JetPro receipts were singled out for easy-access storage. For whom? MC's proof of car wash for RC?
  • Food Pavillion receipt found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Food Pavillion receipt is dated: 02/08/2010. Other receipts dates not indicated on evidence list so might we assume the only listed date is identified on all found receipts?
  • (2) Target receipts found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Pearl found under driver-side rear vehicle floor mat.
  • Auto-Mocha card found on driver-side rear vehicle floor.
  • The above as 'found on floor' items might indicate MC's purse was purged of items, with 'debit' card having been stolen.
  • Personal Check (of RC, for 'school fine') found in trunk. Which school and why a 'fine' and when?
  • MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
  • MC's purse, 'with keys', is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.
  • Misc. notebooks, papers, etc. Specific location in vehicle not identified but assumed as 'driver-side rear floor' given listed order of evidence.
  • MC's body is recovered at a CB property, a place where MC never frequented?
  • Glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery (Shards assumed found CB house because it is location of recovery of MC's body).
At our school, any fees due (like for classes), textbooks not turned in etc in the same term as the course taken, become "fines" at the end of the term... (eg: say you take art first semester, if you haven't paid your art fee by the end of the semester, it becomes listed as a 'fine' starting second semester.)

And, lest you all think this is unusual... our school holds diplomas for seniors until all fines are paid... last year we collected back over $13,000 owed to the school by our senior class in the two months before graduation!!

To date, that guy appears innocuous. Later, BH.

I think I'll swing the radar around to a next item:

Interesting rumor and fact points on which to ponder:
  • Upon exiting the Academy parking lot MC turns on to and continues west on Kittitas, in opposite direction of to the boat ramp.
  • MC is reported as having been at the Orondo boat ramp. Unusual?
  • MC is reported as having driven her car to / through the car wash, a task she rarely performed (at least not without her father, which I do not understand why her father would have to be involved unless only to make sure MC washed her car)? Unusual? Was MC and her vehicle at the JetPro on 02/09/2010?
  • (2?) JetPro car wash receipts found at passenger-side visor. This might be due to 'vehicle registration and insurance info' stored at driver-side visor but why are JetPro receipts singled for visor storage? Were other receipts (listed below) stored there as well and were tossed to the rear floor by MC or passenger when placing receipts on visor? That does not make sense. If other receipts are tossed to the floor why not also toss the JetPro receipts? Conclusion: JetPro receipts were singled out for easy-access storage. For whom? MC's proof of car wash for RC?
  • Food Pavillion receipt found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Food Pavillion receipt is dated: 02/08/2010. Other receipts dates not indicated on evidence list so might we assume the only listed date is identified on all found receipts?
  • (2) Target receipts found on rear vehicle floor.
  • Pearl found under driver-side rear vehicle floor mat.
  • Auto-Mocha card found on driver-side rear vehicle floor.
  • The above as 'found on floor' items might indicate MC's purse was purged of items, with 'debit' card having been stolen.
  • Personal Check (of RC, for 'school fine') found in trunk. Which school and why a 'fine' and when?
  • MC's car is discovered on an unpaved area of PCR, a place where MC never frequented?
  • MC's purse, 'with keys', is found in the rear seat area in her vehicle.
  • Misc. notebooks, papers, etc. Specific location in vehicle not identified but assumed as 'driver-side rear floor' given listed order of evidence.
  • MC's body is recovered at a CB property, a place where MC never frequented?
  • Glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery (Shards assumed found CB house because it is location of recovery of MC's body).

Chuck...........I believe I had it wrong in my video of the parking lot and which direction MC went upon exiting. I had no idea what the parking lot looked like or where it was in relation to the hair academy until I visited it. In my video, I decided to turn right and go west on Kittitas, but I believe MC went EAST on Kittitas when she exited the parking lot. That white van that looked like it was exiting the parking lot wasn't even in the parking lot. It was on Kittitas and at the corner of Kittitas and Mission st. Mackenzie went the opposite direction. So, she did go towards the boat ramp. I will go back and do another video of the parking lot so you can see what the options were. Upon exiting and going EAST on Kittitas, she would have had to stop at the intersection of Wenatchee Ave. and Kittitas. She could have gone to the north on Wenatchee or to the south, or she could have gone straight. If she continued to the EAST, the LINK bus station would have been on her right. If she turned right, or south at the next intersection (I believe that is Columbia st) she would have only gone a half a block and then turned left and gone under the railroad tracks and then come to a stop sign on Worthen St. If she turned left there, the boat launch is only half a block north. Basically, about 3 blocks due EAST of the hair academy. The other road to the boat launch is Orondo, which is about the same distance, but north of the hair academy and then EAST to the boat launch. I will go today and get more video. The video that LE has of her car on Kittitas could be from the LINK bus station............or it could be that her car was caught travelling WEST on Kittitas at a later time and up WEST of the hair academy parking lot. I believe in one of my videos, I did drive that way after leaving the boat launch. However; 17 of my videos would not upload to flickr and I haven't figured out why yet. That might be one of them. I just haven't had the hours of time required to devote to it this week. KWIM?

PRESS RELEASE:
2 Month Investigation Update

It’s been just over two months since the body of Mackenzie Cowell was located along the Columbia River at Crescent Bar in Douglas County. The Cowell Homicide Task Force continues to work diligently on the case with a full complement of detectives from the partner agencies; Douglas County, Chelan County, East Wenatchee Police Department, Wenatchee Police Department, and the FBI. To date investigators have followed up on over 250 tips and leads and have conducted nearly 725 interviews. Some of the initial crime lab work has been completed but much is still at the state crime lab undergoing analysis. Crime lab results will not be released to the media in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

~snipped for space~

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...se-to-54000-police-looking-for-her-cell-phone
BBM

Liz, thanks for posting this press release. Regarding the bolded, is this standard operational procedure, or a not-so-subtle dig at the WW? I'm just wondering given LE's unhappiness over the WW revealing the COD.

Chuck, I believe ARose was quoting from the Return of Inventory on MC's car. The doc was posted by B Buzz.

Observed J.L. shooting photos of a young couple just north of the boat ramp.
At Columbia Cold Storage railroad tracks.
With backup observer.

Your photos and videos are priceless... I really really appreciate them. I believe that they are important to us because you photographed everything. Thanks for all that you did!

I totally agree. I know I was only thinking of myself when I was crawling around in a creepy crawlspace...

I totally agree. I know I was only thinking of myself when I was crawling around in a creepy crawlspace...

......I dont think puf was trying to discount what anyone else has done :( We ALL appreciate what each of you have done jarethamarie...I think the other person was slightly under attack and puf was making an immediate response to defend THAT person. Not a putdown of others :)

It is a definite bonus when locals go out of their way to provide real information and views of areas...I know that I would be creeped out doing what you folks have done lol!! Hope I made sense:waitasec:

...to clarify... lol....some of the footage had been questioned, and puf was trying to point out how good the person was for going out to do so in the manner they had...I think puf meant you too :)

As I said ALL our posters who go out of their way deserve a whole lot of praise :D

......I dont think puf was trying to discount what anyone else has done :( We ALL appreciate what each of you have done jarethamarie...I think the other person was slightly under attack and puf was making an immediate response to defend THAT person. Not a putdown of others :)

It is a definite bonus when locals go out of their way to provide real information and views of areas...I know that I would be creeped out doing what you folks have done lol!! Hope I made sense:waitasec:

...to clarify... lol....some of the footage had been questioned, and puf was trying to point out how good the person was for going out to do so in the manner they had...I think puf meant you too :)

As I said ALL our posters who go out of their way deserve a whole lot of praise :D

Exactly... thank you.

When MC went to Jet Pro, which was infrequently, RC usually paid (treated her) and might have been sitting in the passenger seat. Probable RC stuck receipt up in passenger side visor, seat adjusted for his 6'0' height and yes may retain for taxes. IMO

This most likely has been mentioned but I can't locate it. I apologize in advance if it was....Was the car wash receipt dated..if we know?

I believe, as ove stated, the 630 number is unrelated. I think it is strictly related to the sheriff's log about harassment. JMO, of course.

I've been thinking about MC's clothing -- how she could still be wearing the clothes she left the hair academy in and why it's now a "fact" that she changed her clothing. A friend of mine suggested that MC changed from slacks into jeans, and left on the same top. That's what I often do when I come home from work.

This is just a question, but do they keep Mac. car impounded till the case is solved or do they release it after a period of time?

I'm kinda curious about the "pearl" found in MC's car. I wonder if it was hers..maybe she broke it...if LE asked her mom if MC had broke a pearl necklace. If not interesting whose necklace it belongs to. I am sure LE can take skin or sweat samples from it and see who it is....assuming the pepr/s have a record, or maybe someone LE has tied to MC???

Just a side note on the "Comex" key. I googled that and didn't get anything, but I did get "did you mean Compx"?. When I clicked on that, it showed that company has some affiliation with Philly, PA, and is a key maker. I'm sure that has no significance, but just wanted to put that out there.

Also, I find it odd that one of the phone #'s is listed to a KB. From other info posted it seems like they could be the parents of SB. Weird they never knew anything about MC, but I guess kids don't tell parents everything. Also, weird she called that # so many times. Makes ya think?????

So, any thoughts on LOI recovery? Location of initial recovery maybe? Wouldn't that be the CB house?

I'm wondering if it could mean "List of Items"?

I don't recall a PT; can you clarify?

IIRC one of the persons posting here on WS indicated that his/her daughter is a beauty school student, and that maybe a half hour before MC left the beauty school on Feb. 9, she told the person’s daughter that she had cheated on New Year’s with PT. Rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam