WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are referring to my post.

I say, in a world of teenage angst anything is possible:
  • To lose out on an award because your routine follow was flubbed.
  • To lose out on a dance sholarship because flubbed too many times.
  • To be embarrassed in front of your friends, parents, crowd.
  • To be humiliated in front of your boy/girlfriend.
I am not implying any of those issues apply here, but it's *possible*. One too many times of this or that or another, until the proverbial 'broke the camel's back' scenario ... it's *possible*.

I don't believe those concerns to be so laughable to teenagers.

So, I respectfully disagree with your 'laughable' categorization.

I understand your point and believe that everything should be investigated.
I meant no offense.

Really, murdering someone for causing you to drop your pom-poms does seem laughable as a motive. But yes something like that could possibly be the proverbial straw, I suppose, for an unstable person. I highly doubt that is the case here.

Again no offense was intended by my post, and I hope none was taken.

I meant no offense.

Really, murdering someone for causing you to drop your pom-poms does seem laughable as a motive. But yes something like that could possibly be the proverbial straw, I suppose, for an unstable person. I highly doubt that is the case here.

It wouldn't necessarilly be motive for the 'dropper', it could be motive for the boyfriend of, or motive for someone with an obsessive crush on the dropper who might be 'unstable' ... it's *possible*.

We've seen enough crazy situations in this world, for example, Rebecca Shaffer murder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer

What seems laughable to one person, might be deadly serious to another.

:angel:

I meant no offense.

I agree that an innocuous event might have pushed an unstable person over the line of "normalcy" into violence. I don't see MC's murder due to the acts of One person. Would peer pressure be enough to move several people into cooperating and participating in a murder? To the killer, I suppose that the more people involved, the better. safety in numbers?
I hope the person(s) responsible for this realize they have only one chance to ever have any sort of future; by coming forward with the truth. , even on the anonymous tip line. You can buy a lot of fresh start and distance with $40, 000.00 Telling the truth would take courage, which I doubt any of them have.

Glass "chards". We are assuming this is a typo and it should be Glass "Shards". Is there a term used for a certain type of drinking glass that Chards is short for? Could it not be shards at all and it is something else from a kitchen like a drinking glass?

Someone very close to me attended an open house at the spec home over the weekend and noticed a few odd things:

1. There was a mount for a flatscreen television in the downstairs living room, but no television.

2. There was a large flatscreen mounted in an upstairs bedroom, for seemingly no reason.

3. The DVD player and stereo components for the flatscreen upstairs were sloppily (not neatly) stacked on the floor in the bedroom closet, and a speaker was just sitting on the floor outside of the closet. It looked as if the flatscreen had been an afterthought (my source wondered if it was covering something on the wall).

4. A tile at the edge of the kitchen seemed to have been recently replaced, since penciled measurements remained on the tile. My source wondered how, with expected cleaning for open houses, the pencil marks could remain and be so clear.

5. There was a lot of "junk" in both the pantry broom closet and garage, as well as a flyer box on the floor in the living room. My source mentioned that there was no furniture, so it made the clutter look all the more out of place.

I feel sorry for WC, with her beautiful spec home being shown in such a sloppy manner. Makes me wonder if she was actively engaged in preparing the home for the open house, since photos of the spec home show a lot attention to detail. I can't help but think she wouldn't have left clutter like that in the home for an open house. Speculation, and MOO.

I feel sorry for WC, with her beautiful spec home being shown in such a sloppy manner. Makes me wonder if she was actively engaged in preparing the home for the open house, since photos of the spec home show a lot attention to detail. I can't help but think she wouldn't have left clutter like that in the home for an open house. Speculation, and MOO.

Could someone else have left the clutter behind?

I suppose so, but I still don't get why it would be left out in the open for an open house.
I am going to guess that cleaning up for an open house isnt the first thing on WC's mind. Was she the one showing the home? You made it sound like it might have been somone else. Or maybe I am just assuming.

My best bet is a man was doing the open house. He he...Sorry - a lil side humor. ;)

I am going to guess that cleaning up for an open house isnt the first thing on WC's mind. Was she the one showing the home? You made it sound like it might have been somone else. Or maybe I am just assuming.

My best bet is a man was doing the open house. He he...Sorry - a lil side humor. ;)

As I understand it, it was a man.

Glass "chards". We are assuming this is a typo and it should be Glass "Shards". Is there a term used for a certain type of drinking glass that Chards is short for? Could it not be shards at all and it is something else from a kitchen like a drinking glass?

I found this interesting site:

http://www.kitchencountereconomics.com/2009/06/03/learn-to-love-more-obscure-vegetables-chard/

... but I suspect the person whom had written the items list simply misspelled "shards" as "chards".

Someone very close to me attended an open house at the spec home over the weekend and noticed a few odd things:

1. There was a mount for a flatscreen television in the downstairs living room, but no television.

It's possibly a stolen item sitiuation, or simply it was removed in desire to not include it in the sale.

2. There was a large flatscreen mounted in an upstairs bedroom, for seemingly no reason.

We have flatscreens installed in our bedrooms. Why the 'no reason' characterization? I'm only curious, not challenging it ...

3. The DVD player and stereo components for the flatscreen upstairs were sloppily (not neatly) stacked on the floor in the bedroom closet, and a speaker was just sitting on the floor outside of the closet. It looked as if the flatscreen had been an afterthought (my source wondered if it was covering something on the wall).

Or simply a 'sales show item' to demonstrate how high definition video, surround / stereo presents in the bedroom. Or at one time or another perhaps the 'bedroom in the empty house' was used for 'non-show' purposes ... by whom?

4. A tile at the edge of the kitchen seemed to have been recently replaced, since penciled measurements remained on the tile. My source wondered how, with expected cleaning for open houses, the pencil marks could remain and be so clear.

Interesting. It takes siginificant force to damage a properly installed tile. Did the shading / coloring of the tile contribute to that conclusion, or was it only the pencil markings?

You can remove pencil markings from tile, but it's not always easy especially from on textured-surface tile. Housing codes typically require for anti-slip tile to be used when installing in wet areas such as kitches and bathrooms. The textured surface makes it difficult to clean the surface nooks and cranies.

5. There was a lot of "junk" in both the pantry broom closet and garage, as well as a flyer box on the floor in the living room. My source mentioned that there was no furniture, so it made the clutter look all the more out of place.

Someone had visited the SPEC house a while back and noted items in the garage, such as well barrow, tools, etc. Typical house maintenance items. Was there anything seemingly unusual, such as strong cleaning solution odor or discolorizations other than oil stain?

Might we assume 'junk', as the areas are in such disarry? Is the disarray a result of LE searches?

Might we expect WC to have lost interest in pursuing and maintaining in many aspects of her life? It seems those closest to her (yes, family), even though equally grieving, would come to her aid. She is the mother, after all.

To me, many aspects of this entire situation seem odd seeming atypical from what I expect would occur ... where's the support? I do not mean public showing, but in the little bits of life such as the spec house open house preparation.

Sure, no one without the personal experience knows how they would act and react after such tragedy ... I suspect they all have become so dismissive and out of touch with each other, to the point where they have lost sight of *living*.

LE must capture the murderer(s) ... to provide at least a satisfaction on that level. As for the permament whole left in their lives, only time and proper attitude can fill it, or at least to live alongside it.

It's possibly a stolen item sitiuation, or simply it was removed in desire to not include it in the sale.

We have flatscreens installed in our bedrooms. Why the 'no reason' characterization? I'm only curious, not challenging it ...

Or simply a 'sales show item' to demonstrate how high definition video, surround / stereo presents in the bedroom. Or at one time or another perhaps the 'bedroom in the empty house' was used for 'non-show' purposes ... by whom?

Interesting. It takes siginificant force to damage a properly installed tile. Did the shading / coloring of the tile contribute to that conclusion, or was it only the pencil markings?

You can remove pencil markings from tile, but it's not always easy especially from on textured-surface tile. Housing codes typically require for anti-slip tile to be used when installing in wet areas such as kitches and bathrooms. The textured surface makes it difficult to clean the surface nooks and cranies.

Someone had visited the SPEC house a while back and noted items in the garage, such as well barrow, tools, etc. Typical house maintenance items. Was there anything seemingly unusual, such as strong cleaning solution odor or discolorizations other than oil stain?

Might we assume 'junk', as the areas are in such disarry? Is the disarray a result of LE searches?

Might we expect WC to have lost interest in pursuing and maintaining in many aspects of her life? It seems those closest to her (yes, family), even though equally grieving, would come to her aid. She is the mother, after all.

To me, many aspects of this entire situation seem odd seeming atypical from what I expect would occur ... where's the support? I do not mean public showing, but in the little bits of life such as the spec house open house preparation.

Sure, no one without the personal experience knows how they would act and react after such tragedy ... I suspect they all have become so dismissive and out of touch with each other, to the point where they have lost sight of *living*.

LE must capture the murderer(s) ... to provide at least a satisfaction on that level. As for the permament whole left in their lives, only time and proper attitude can fill it, or at least to live alongside it.

The flatscreen in the bedroom upstairs seemed noteworthy to the source because it was a plain, small bedroom. Why not put the flatscreen in the master bedroom? Why that room, when no other furnishings or items appeared in ANY of the other bedrooms, including the master?

The tile appeared somewhat smooth to the source, and it appeared that even a pencil eraser could have easily removed the markings, but was not used. Was it installed in haste?

SPECULATION: Perhaps the tile was not damaged, but removed because it contained something LE wanted tested - a stain, perhaps?

According to the source, the items in the garage seemed to be regular maintenance "stuff," like paint, lawnmower, etc. Also a number of framed window screens.

In the pantry closet, items noticed were vacuum (normal broom closet item), boxes of unknown contents stacked on floor and on high shelf, and two fleece pullovers; one pale lime green and one purple.

Didn't seem to be a "mess" left by LE. Simply seemed strange to me that things wouldn't have been more cleaned up before showing the house, which made me think exactly what you said - WC may not be focusing on the details of things right now. Or, specifically avoiding the spec home? <----- Speculation.

Again, I feel so badly for WC and her family, and sad to know that at least one person walked out of her beautiful home with an impression of a poor showing.

snipped
Thanks for sharing this. My first initial thought when I first read this post, and, it could be "out there" was is it possible this house was used for recording people doing "things" w/o their knowledge. Could be a motive for murder if someone was, someone found out, and someone was going to tell. Or in this case possibly someone found out their bf/gf was cheating and had proof. Thus a blackmail or jealousy issue. Just my thoughts and opinion. :waitasec:

I wonder why JF's name is on paperwork for property WC owns
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20318&page=4

Along the JF theme...... I know it was posted by someone that a source ('646'?) said that although JF was creepy (or to that effect), it was unlikely he was involved. I'm not able to log on to the chat room to hear more theories, so more on this may have been discussed there. Has JF pretty much ruled out as a POI? I'm having a hard time moving away from him and some sort of construction involvement.

Along the JF theme...... I know it was posted by someone that a source ('646'?) said that although JF was creepy (or to that effect), it was unlikely he was involved. I'm not able to log on to the chat room to hear more theories, so more on this may have been discussed there. Has JF pretty much ruled out as a POI? I'm having a hard time moving away from him and some sort of construction involvement.
Regarding earlier--several days ago-- discussion that a basement might be involved in what happened to MC Do you think there's a basement here? Scroll way down to picture at Linwood Dr.
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20318&page=4

I agree with you apple2010, it has remained by biggest suspicion, but with nothing happening yet, who knows? It just seems so strange to me that such a horrific murder in this town has yet to find anyone charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member