South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the day before Prince died, she allegedly told a friend "that she was accused by other girls at school of 'taking away' another girl's boyfriend; that she (Ms. Prince) was being targeted by peers and that accusations at school escalated to making threats of harming her. On January 13th, Ms. Prince explained school 'has been close to intolerable lately,'" the documents state.

After her death, the documents go on to state investigators searched Prince's cell phone to learn she had apparently exchanged text messages with a friend before taking her own life.

"The texts focused around the verbally abusive incidents Ms. Prince had been subjected to by Sean Mulveyhill, Kayla Narey and (Ashley Longe) earlier on the date of her death and her despair at the on-going taunting to which she was subjected," state the documents.
http://www.wggb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12285134&nav=menu1460_2

This is only the beginning. With the actual court dates so far out we're going to see more and more of this over the summer. The defense and the supporters of the bullies are going to do anything they can to change people's minds about this BEFORE they get to trial.

And the way they do that is to trash Phoebe.

The more they get that done BEFORE the trials, then the LESS they have to do DURING the trial. Thus they avoid pissing off the jury by directly attacking the girl in court. Because that is "out there" and they only have to touch upon it to remind the jurors about Phoebe's alleged problems before she rudely incited those upstanding kids of SHHS.

As a side note, this paper by her was a short assignment for a 9th grade English class and was posted ONLINE, not hidden away in her journal. It doesn't mean a thing. In 9th grade I wrote a paper about Hannibal, but it didn't mean I was likely to lead an army over the Alps to attack Rome. That would be really cool, though. :p

oh yeah, I know - and I am prepared. I guess this issue, in particular, pisses off more. I feel that there's going to be more people who don't know what the ---- they're talking about than normal, because it's something a large majority of people don't understand.

and yeah - I wrote a paper in 9th grade about the holocaust - and am still crazy interested in it to this day. I do not, however, plan on torturing and killing millions of people. and the point you made about it being online and not hidden away is awesome. I feel like if this was something really personal for her, she wouldn't put it out there like that, knowing it was online and that classmates and her teacher would see it. If I suffered from an eating disorder, especially at age 14-15, I definitely wouldn't be writing an essay about it that would be posted online.

I think you hit the nail on the head a little while back, Laurence, when you said Phoebe is just one huge inconvenience for the people in SH. I'm not gonna say all, and I'm not even gonna say the majority although it could be, but for far too many she was and is an inconvenience and that's all. Too many don't care that a 15 year old lost her life too early or that a family is in an enormous amount of pain. They just care that their lives are being disrupted and that the whole country is looking at them, and that's it.

Thanks Phoenixfla for starting the thread to discuss Austin's new arrest. I already moved some posts over there.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102081"]Teen Arraigned in Phoebe Prince Case Arrested for Drunken Driving - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I feel like if this was something really personal for her, she wouldn't put it out there like that, knowing it was online and that classmates and her teacher would see it. If I suffered from an eating disorder, especially at age 14-15, I definitely wouldn't be writing an essay about it that would be posted online.

Agreed.

I think you hit the nail on the head a little while back, Laurence, when you said Phoebe is just one huge inconvenience for the people in SH. I'm not gonna say all, and I'm not even gonna say the majority although it could be, but for far too many she was and is an inconvenience and that's all. Too many don't care that a 15 year old lost her life too early or that a family is in an enormous amount of pain. They just care that their lives are being disrupted and that the whole country is looking at them, and that's it.

Thanks. :) I think that as this drags on over the summer we will see more and more people in that town lose it and say bad things about Phoebe. Especially people connected with the bullies.

Right now it (the trials) is far off. But as the weeks go by they will get closer and closer on the calendar and there will come a point at which it will sink in for them that this is for real. And they will panic, the relatives and close friends. The bullies themselves as well, though it will be through their friends. Though who knows, Austin apparently feels free enough to go get toasted and drive around, maybe the rest will be as foolish. It would be the height of hilarity to me if one or more of them says something really stupid in public and dooms them all.

I think late this summer we will start to see a real rise in very specific accusations about Phoebe. Some will be lawyer stuff like we've discussed, but all these kids that support the bullies will be the ones that release most of it. Mostly likely in the form of poorly spelled grammar disasters like we've seen with Grace S. and her mother recently. :twocents:

What I am most interested to see as we get closer to the court dates is if one of more of them turn on each other. With six and six sets of parents and six lawyers... odds are good and I bet the DA is going to push them.

Agreed.

Thanks. :) I think that as this drags on over the summer we will see more and more people in that town lose it and say bad things about Phoebe. Especially people connected with the bullies.

Right now it (the trials) is far off. But as the weeks go by they will get closer and closer on the calendar and there will come a point at which it will sink in for them that this is for real. And they will panic, the relatives and close friends. The bullies themselves as well, though it will be through their friends. Though who knows, Austin apparently feels free enough to go get toasted and drive around, maybe the rest will be as foolish. It would be the height of hilarity to me if one or more of them says something really stupid in public and dooms them all.

I think late this summer we will start to see a real rise in very specific accusations about Phoebe. Some will be lawyer stuff like we've discussed, but all these kids that support the bullies will be the ones that release most of it. Mostly likely in the form of poorly spelled grammar disasters like we've seen with Grace S. and her mother recently. :twocents:

What I am most interested to see as we get closer to the court dates is if one of more of them turn on each other. With six and six sets of parents and six lawyers... odds are good and I bet the DA is going to push them.

One thing I would be very concerned about before trial is protecting the witnesses from intimidation from the friends/allies of the accused. As everyone has pointed out, it's a small town. Once the identities of the witnesses are disclosed in discovery, if they're not known already, who knows what pressure can be brought to bear. Don't at least few of the accused have friends in high places locally? Those witnesses are going to need a lot of support to continue to do the right thing. It was courageous of them to cooperate with the investigation. It will require courage up to and during trial.

Lawrence, dcbrent, bear...great posts. So true. They will and are trying to trash her, imo. And fighting their pr offensive will be paramount, in my mind. We, the public, can help through comments, letters to newspapers, voting in online polls...it's alot like many political campaigns I've been involved in. It's all about spin. Disinformation and spin. I want to counter the spin with FACTS. Who can stand by and watch them trash her AGAIN to protect their sorry asses? Not me. And not the forum members I know.

And I worry, too, about the witnesses. Alot. Pressure can be brought to bear in so many ways. That's why they need to feel the light of the media glare, imo. I would think it would help the witnesses feel more protected.

Lots of new drama over at The Litterbox. Looks like G.S.'s mom (or someone posing as her mom) posted a comment claiming that Kayla Narey is "a good kid."

Sauerkraut's latest blog entry deals with her comment:

http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/grace-szydziaks-mother-responds/#comments

She also responded in the comments here:

http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/no-justice-no-peace/#comments

Here's an excerpt from one of her comments:

Oh my. That's ... interesting, huh?

Thanks for the link, I wasted a good portion of my afternoon looking at the blog, it is very informative about the case perhaps more informative than the investigators (regarding internet info)? Good work Sauerkraut (hope I spelt his name right).

Now I really have three questions that I'm dying to post to Grace S.....

Oh and for those who want to watch, there is an E Entertainment Investigates about Bullying episode on April 21st on the E channel.

http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/thsi/episodes/index.jsp

Here is the full tv schedule, if you miss the April 21st episode you apparently have four more chances to view the program :woohoo:

(wonder if they are going to discuss about the case of Phoebe Prince....)

I wonder if the DA or the police were able to successfully subpoena facebook, or secure their cooperation, in providing information about the "we murdered phoebe prince" facebook page. I want to believe it's electronically archived somewhere within facebook. That would be a heckuva smoking gun and worth publishing just to show the world who her "friends" really were. Anyone heard anything about that?

I wonder if the DA or the police were able to successfully subpoena facebook, or secure their cooperation, in providing information about the "we murdered phoebe prince" facebook page. I want to believe it's electronically archived somewhere within facebook. That would be a heckuva smoking gun and worth publishing just to show the world who her "friends" really were. Anyone heard anything about that?

According to this post from the Litterbox blog dated February 3, 2010 the police indeed subpoenaed facebook.

http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/phoebe-prince-police-serve-subpoena-on-facebook/

Amid continuing reports that the girls named elsewhere as the bullies of the now-dead Phoebe Prince are making negative comments about the girl who passed away nearly 3 weeks ago on Facebook. And that at least a couple of them have created new Facebook pages with altered last names. But now the mainstream media is reporting that subpoena’s were served upon Facebook. The coppers hopefully will look closely at the group “We Murdered Phoebe Prince.” And they hopefully will go after Myspace and the records of building principal Daniel Smith.

And here is the video that was on the post that talked about the subpoena of Facebook.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-resul...es-surrounding-teen-s-suicide.htm#q=fox legal

Reading SH area headlines at WWLP and came across this on their front page...
Problem in Holyoke with homeless cats
Holyoke City Leaders have postponed action on a ban on feeding feral and homeless cats.
I tell you...that would be that day hell froze over, the day that I would turn away a hungry, homeless cat. BOY...glad I don't live there. I'd have no time for this forum. I'd be camped out with meow mix at city hall. ;)

http://www.wwlp.com/subindex/news

If anyone catches the Today Show...please post details. Details of Phoebe's last thoughts are promised. I can't, I'm not a morning person. ;)
Exclusive new details in the Phoebe Prince bullying case tmrw @todayshow. What she was thinking just before her suicide...in her own words.
about 6 hours ago via UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/jeffrossen

This is sort of on topic but today on Wednesday it's To Write Love on Her Arms Day!

Here's more about the event:

That’s right, another TWLOHA day!! To Write Love on Her Arms is a “non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide.” The idea of a TWLOHA day is quite simple: write the word “love” on your arm on April 21st. The goal is to raise awareness of those who are hurting as well as promote TWLOHA’s work to provide hope, help, and support.

Please join us as we come together to support the love movement and invite your friends.

Excerpt from TWLOHA’s vision statement:

The vision is that community and hope and help would replace secrets and silence.

The vision is people putting down guns and blades and bottles.

The vision is that we can reduce the suicide rate in America and around the world.

The vision is that we would learn what it means to love our friends, and that we would love ourselves enough to get the help we need.

The vision is better endings. The vision is the restoration of broken families and broken relationships. The vision is people finding life, finding freedom, finding love. The vision is graduation, a Super Bowl, a wedding, a child, a sunrise. The vision is people becoming incredible parents, people breaking cycles, making change.

The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead.

The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know.

The vision is hope, and hope is real.

You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story.

To view TWLOHA’s full vision statement and learn more, visit http://www.twloha.com/vision/

From http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=115978155083886

And there should be an archived video for tomorrow so I wouldn't worry about waking up in the morning to view the Today Show.

If anyone catches the Today Show...please post details. Details of Phoebe's last thoughts are promised. I can't, I'm not a morning person. ;)
http://twitter.com/jeffrossen

I just checked the today show website and I think this is what they were talking about:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/36684580#36684580

Basically it's talking about the essays she wrote, the cutting one, in particular :rolleyes:. I'm not trying to say there's absolutely nothing to it, but as I said, I hate to focus in on it too much. It may be something she was interested in, it may be something her friends went through, it may be something she went through. It may be the first book that jumped out at her at the library. Who knows at this point, we have no evidence right now of anything of the sort.

They also talked about how she encountered some bullying at Villiers so transferred to her mom's school in Ireland. Her parents were separating and she was dealing with moving away from Ireland, her parents being separated, and not being near her father, all things we knew.

eta: they actually had a real screen shot of what one of the girls said after Phoebe died, that she brought it on herself or something along those lines, and also had a picture of Sean and KB smiling big! for the camera at cotillion, two short days after Phoebe died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆