Opinion Piece: Casey Out in 3 Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of this writer before but maybe he is just trying to offer a realistic opinion.

The judicial system, like every where else, is hurting for money. There is just never enough to cover all they wish it could. Knowing that the defense will drag this case out with costly motion after motion, tying up the court's time and resources, is it beyond a possibility that the SA's office would settle on reduced charges and therefore a reduced sentence in this case to avoid the cost of a lenghtly, media circus trial?

How many other cases will the SA's office have funds for if their budget is way over extended to convict KC of murder 1? How much do funds, or lack thereof, impact prosecution of cases?

Maybe one of our knowledgeable lawyers could offer an opinion?

I don't think Casey walking in three years is a 'realistic option.' Or perhaps you meant her accepting a plea deal would be a realistic option?

The child, by Casey's own admission, was with her. The experts will testify the child's body was placed in the woods during the time Casey still had the car and the baby. Weeds were growing up through her little skeleton. The bug evidence is very compelling. It has been proven that there is no Zanny. She has admitted that she lied, and lied, and lied. Her parents have lied many times. You only lie when you have something to hide. She has sent the police on wild goose chases. A innocent mother looking for her child does not do that. Unsolicited, and that fact is important, she offered up to Tracey M. that she knows Chloroform will knock one out. She searched for how to make chloroform on her computer. Chloroform was found in the trunk of her car, along with evidence of a possible decomposing body. She and she alone had that car until she abandoned it.

I think once the experts explain the duct tape, how rare it is, show that it is identical or very very similar to, although degraded from the elements, to the duct tape found in the Anthony home, and the ME examiner testifies about it, you will be in a different comfort zone. Think of a crime scene where rare bullet fragments are found, it just so happens that those rare bullets are at the defendant's home, the body is so decomposed one cannot prove the deceased was shot, but one sure can venture a reasonable guess. Reasonable doubt does not mean beyond ANY doubt. This is just one piece of the puzzle. I have good faith in these very experienced prosecutors, if they did not think they had a case for murder one, they would not have charged it as such.
I understand what you are saying. There are a lot of facts that have to be thought of together to come to a conclusion, that is what the prosecutors and their over 100 witnesses will do. I hope this helps a little, I am not a lawyer, I am just giving you my recollections on the fly. The state will have it in a understandable, comprehensive format to follow.

BBM...thats one of many things that bothers me...it is not rare, and can be found here in my garage!

dont mean to be a pain...just dialog/discussion. I have lurked for a long time, wanting to get in on some of this, now I am probably not welcome I would imagine. but for the sake of dialog, again, I dont see it...I can doubt everything I have heard thus far.

I don't think Casey walking in three years is a 'realistic option.' Or perhaps you meant her accepting a plea deal would be a realistic option?

I think we are mixed up a little. I said that maybe the writer was trying to offer a 'realistic OPINION'. Maybe, for him, his outlook is being realistic.

To mangle a Mick J quote, we may not get what we want in this case. We may have to be satisfied with what the State of Florida needs. Does the SA's office balance the cost of convicting KC of murder 1 against the hard fact of not pressing charges in some cases because they have no funds? Just asking the question, I have no idea of the correct answer.

"Mike Thomas", whoever that is, should have begun the title of his article with "Me too! Me too! I wanna say something about the case!!" What an utterly pointless article.

3 yrs would not surprise me in this case...but at this point, I would not be at all surprised if she walked. I still do not see a "smoking gun". tons of circ stuff, but...

she didnt have her baby and no one saw her for a month.

she was out partying when her baby was missing when she claims she was doing some 'csi' amatuer work.

she has lied repeatedly over who had caylee (people who dont exist in the real world the rest of us live in)

she didnt report her daughter missing till her grandparents literally forced it out of her.

she shows zero intrest in caylee, before, during or after she was found. she smiles and laughs and thinks this whole thing is a big joke.

she thinks she's gonna adopt irish babies when she gets out, instead of mourning the baby she lost.

i think this is enough circ evidence to make a smoking gun.

if casey is out in 3 years i guess its a good thing the world ends in 12/2012 ;)

That dude has done gone and lost his mind, there is no way that girl is getting out in 3 years with just the evidence that has been released so far not to mention what we have not seen yet. I dont know if she will get the death penalty but I would bet big bucks that she will get at least LWOP. IMHO I think this new judge will be WAY harder on her at sentencing than JS would have been.

I think we are mixed up a little. I said that maybe the writer was trying to offer a 'realistic OPINION'. Maybe, for him, his outlook is being realistic.

To mangle a Mick J quote, we may not get what we want in this case. We may have to be satisfied with what the State of Florida needs. Does the SA's office balance the cost of convicting KC of murder 1 against the hard fact of not pressing charges in some cases because they have no funds? Just asking the question, I have no idea of the correct answer.

Ooops - sorry Paintr - should've read better before I posted. But I don't think what he is proposing is a realistic 'opinion' either. Not saying you necessarily agree with him. It is just a very sad state of affairs what with the taxpayer burden but I don't want to see her get off easy either.

Does anyone remember those old western movies, when they have circled the wagons against attack and John Wayne is hunkered down with a rifle, staring out into the darkness? Then Wayne turns to his trusty sidekick and says,"I have a bad feeling about this." That's where I am right now...in the dark, with John Wayne and a 'bad' feeling. LOL!

I think that Mr Mason, while watching this case unfold (and no doubt reading the doc dumps, noticed something that he thought gave him an edge. Something to make him believe that he could pull this case out of the fire. He would never have stepped forward if he did not think he could accomplish what he set out to do.

I am worried about whatever loophole, misstep, discrepency, or whatever he noticed. Maybe he is of the opinion that Florida just can't afford to fight this case in a long drawn out battle. Maybe he believes he can discredit LE, the witnesses, or the evidence. I have no idea, but, like John Wayne, I still have a 'bad' feeling about this. I am afraid a lot of us are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this case. :( I sure hope I am wrong.

I have to wonder, when I read bloggers and thats all they are, bloggers, common citizens like you and I........when they put out scenerios like this, it gets people in such a uproar. To me it's just for that, to create buzz. Cause people are talking about it, so guess what, the next time he writes something people will read it and most likely talk about it.

It's sad about this case, it stopped being about Caylee, an innocent child, long ago, all it is about now is someones 10 min of fame.

Actually Mike Thomas is a respected columnist for the Orl Sentinel. While I don't always agree with him he generally makes reasoned arguments. I just don't know where he's coming from with this - Does CM must have something I haven't seen yet............I'm sure he's good but darn so is the SA - they have by far outperformed the defense up to now. You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - and there are no dynamics like those occurring when OJ was allowed to walk out of court a free man. I am not seeing a Johnny Cochran moment happening for ole Cheney.

Ooops - sorry Paintr - should've read better before I posted. But I don't think what he is proposing is a realistic 'opinion' either. Not saying you necessarily agree with him. It is just a very sad state of affairs what with the taxpayer burden but I don't want to see her get off easy either.

Hey, no problem, Oakley. :) I agree with you but I am still worried.

No, no and no. Unfortunately folks have sunk to new lows trying to get attention from provocative sound bites and headlines. That is what that is. Nonsense.
This article should not be taken seriously, obviously the author is not a lawyer, nor a judge and only God knows what limited qualifications he had to have to write a opinion article.
Rest assured Lawson Lamar, Mr. Ashton, Mrs. Drane Burdick all know what they are doing. Compare their record to Cheney Mason's any day of the week. Mr. Mason is not the success story the author of that post has him pegged as. Indeed, Mr. Horsnby researched his record and you'll be surprised to learn he found that most of his clients were convicted and sitting behind bars, his latest one is on death row! He is very experienced, he is not some miracle worker. In the short time he has been on this case he has already made some glaring mistakes.

There is no plea offer on the table for Miss Anthony, nor will there EVER be ANY OFFER OF THREE YEARS. The State believes she committed felony murder, purposely and with malice against a helpless child. One doesn't get a three year pass for that. To suggest it is preposterous and ignorant,OR TO BE TAKEN AS A JOKE, imo.

I think he is having a little fun seeing who he could get to from zero to one hundred in ten seconds flat and write him scathing messages. If he is serious, he has a very , very poor understanding of how this matter can and cannot be handled.
I would just take the article as a goof, tell him to get in that long *** line and have a coke and a smile while he waits for his prediction to make it to fruition. If that prediction comes true...., I am the Pope! I am not even Catholic.
In Anthonyland, apparently you can be whoever you want to be. Mr. Lexus Nexis can play attorney. Dominic with his construction background can don a badge, copy a few documents from Muzikman on W/S, go on My Space and call himself an investigator. George who cannot even safeguard Caylee's little piggy bank from his thieiving daughter can work in security! Casey can be an event coordinator, after all she does line up the cups for beer pong. Cindy and George after sending away four thousand volunteers with TES can now be the authority on searching for missing children, and apparently Joy can solve the case, better and faster than all of them combined, even without the magic visions of Ms. Lucas.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

This is PRICELESS........Thanks just not enuf!

like everyone else, my gut tells me that she did something...I am not at all sure what and I do not see how anybody can be sure of exactly what happened.

the only thing I am sure of, is that unless something comes out at trial, I could not convict her without any doubt. I am an intelligent person, and as I have said before, all one has to do is to listen to the very first interview with detectives at KC's "place of business" to realize she has done something, but I see absolutely nothing that ties her to this.

I keep waiting, and hoping

Fortunately, the legal standard for conviction isn't "without any doubt". Rather, it's "beyond a reasonable doubt". Considering the huge pile of evidence against her, I don't think that any jurors will have a reasonable belief that someone other than Casey could have murdered Caylee.

Being "sure of exactly what happened" is also not necessary for conviction. Again, that's not the legal standard. There is plenty of evidence in this case for a slam dunk conviction, and I believe that's exactly what will happen when this finally goes to trial. And I believe it WILL go to trial, because I can't see Casey ever accepting a plea deal on this, nor do I think the SA will offer one.

she didnt have her baby and no one saw her for a month.

she was out partying when her baby was missing when she claims she was doing some 'csi' amatuer work.[/B] [/B]

she has lied repeatedly over who had caylee (people who dont exist in the real world the rest of us live in)

she didnt report her daughter missing till her grandparents literally forced it out of her.

she shows zero intrest in caylee, before, during or after she was found. she smiles and laughs and thinks this whole thing is a big joke.

she thinks she's gonna adopt irish babies when she gets out, instead of mourning the baby she lost.

i think this is enough circ evidence to make a smoking gun.

oh, there is a whole lot more than that, we all know it. but look at what you just wrote! the only thing you "proved" is that she was negligent (ok, you didnt prove it, but this is EASILY proven), not all together there mentally, and that she is a horrible parent.

Im looking at this rationally, not emotionally. Personally I think life without the possibility of parole in a "hard labor" prison is what she deserves, but i could not convict at this point...hope that changes, because I strongly believe that if she walks she will kill again. there are obviously mental issues there, and if she walks than she got away with it once. scary...

Of course not you havent seen all the evidence - and there is plenty to come to put any reasonable doubt to rest. She murdered that child - with malice and forethought and the evidence is going to lead the jury to that determination step by step.

I would just take the article as a goof, tell him to get in that long *** line and have a coke and a smile while he waits for his prediction to make it to fruition. If that prediction comes true...., I am the Pope! I am not even Catholic.
In Anthonyland, apparently you can be whoever you want to be. Mr. Lexus Nexis can play attorney. Dominic with his construction background can don a badge, copy a few documents from Muzikman on W/S, go on My Space and call himself an investigator. George who cannot even safeguard Caylee's little piggy bank from his thieiving daughter can work in security! Casey can be an event coordinator, after all she does line up the cups for beer pong. Cindy and George after sending away four thousand volunteers with TES can now be the authority on searching for missing children, and apparently Joy can solve the case, better and faster than all of them combined, even without the magic visions of Ms. Lucas.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Okay, were you ticked off when you wrote this part? It is so funny, but true. I never put it all together quite that way. Too funny!

And I agree, the State is not going to hand out a 3 year sentence (plea deal) after all the energy invested in this one case.

Does anyone remember those old western movies, when they have circled the wagons against attack and John Wayne is hunkered down with a rifle, staring out into the darkness? Then Wayne turns to his trusty sidekick ans says,"I have a bad feeling about this." That's where I am right now...in the dark with John Wayne and a 'bad' feeling. LOL!

I think that Mr Mason, while watching this case unfold (and no doubt reading the doc dumps)noticed something that he thought gave him an edge. Something to make him believe that he could pull this case out of the fire. He would never have stepped forward if he did not think he could accomplish what he set out to do.

I am worried about whatever loophole, misstep, discrepency, or whatever he noticed. Maybe he is of the opinion that Florida just can't afford to fight this case in a long drawn out battle. Maybe he believes he can discredit LE, the witnesses, or the evidence. I have no idea, but, like John Wayne, I still have a 'bad' feeling about this. I am afraid a lot of us are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this case. :( I sure hope I am wrong.

There is only one way Casey could have the potential of walking away and getting away with this murder. I'm not going to write what I think Mason needs to do because I don't want to help the defense in any way. But it's pretty simple what they need to do, but it would be nearly damn near impossible to accomplish it.

So basically, I have every faith that Casey will get her just punishment. Even if Mason intends to discredit LE until the cows come home. He can squawk all he wants but no juror is going to overlook the big pink elephant in the room.

3 yrs would not surprise me in this case...but at this point, I would not be at all surprised if she walked. I still do not see a "smoking gun". tons of circ stuff, but...

In the trunk:

Conclusionscorrelationstechniquespa.jpg

7) hair belonging to Caylee with decomposition at proximal root

At crime scene:
1) Winnie the Pooh blanket (CA admits blanket is missing from Caylee’s room)
2) Whitney laundry bag (CA and GA admit theirs is missing)
3) Black trash bags with yellow ties like the ones Cindy gave investigators
4) Henkel duct tape – same brand and type found in home

Behavior evidence:
1) Lieing
2) Happy behavior- Dancing/ drinking/ partying /shopping
3) Hiding from family
4) Uncooperative in helping find daughter

If an accident:

What loving mother would tape up their baby’s face with duct tape to cover an accident? What loving mother would throw away their baby like trash? What loving mother would not care that a tropical storm is coming through and their baby’s remains are being ravaged by the elements? What loving mother would not worry or care about their baby’s remains being torn apart by animals? What loving mother would not care that their baby’s bones are being chewed on by animals? What loving mother would know all this is happening to their baby and then turn around and enter a Hot Body Contest? What loving mother would not feel guilt that under their care a child had expired and instead rent a movie about an abducted person with duct tape across their mouth … just a few hours after it had happened?

There is plenty against the accused and she ain’t walkin’...

No amount of sneezing on Casey's part will blow away all that is against her...

oh, there is a whole lot more than that, we all know it. but look at what you just wrote! the only thing you "proved" is that she was negligent (ok, you didnt prove it, but this is EASILY proven), not all together there mentally, and that she is a horrible parent.

Im looking at this rationally, not emotionally. Personally I think life without the possibility of parole in a "hard labor" prison is what she deserves, but i could not convict at this point...hope that changes, because I strongly believe that if she walks she will kill again. there are obviously mental issues there, and if she walks than she got away with it once. scary...

the only way i wouldnt convict is if she can produce a real person that took caylee from her, not some imaginary nanny or the guy who found caylee's remains, cause thats all nonsense

if the state hands out a 3 year plea the da should lose his next electioun unanimously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288